Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ringworm drug for dogs (Fenbendazole) might also cure cancer

Options

Comments

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    Options

We are way pass these remedies...severe damage to the heart and kidneys...they don't even deny its all due to the chemo...they just have nothing else to offer but chemo

...I had a great team of doctors and nurses doing their best to patch me up when hemoglobin was at 6...I think I will have to donate all my awards and art works to MSK after this....they LOVE the notoriety....ohhhh and I'm Coronavirus free...

Now I'm on oxygen, they are setting up hospice at home...while trying their best to repair all that fkng damage their medications have wreaked...Friday meeting with MO to discuss a possible solution...but my trust is below zero....

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

Frisky I send you (((hugs))). I am so sorry you are going though this. i hope things get better.

• Frisky
    Options

Thanks Santa...it will take a miracle to turn things around...transfusions rarely helps I recently found out...so it’s imperative to never get the hemoglobin that low...now I didn’t know this fact, but why didn’t a top oncologist at a major breast cancer center prevent this disaster from happening in the first place? Chemos were not producing any benefits anyway?

• luce
    luce Member Posts: 352
    Options

frisky: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I was on hospice once, then got better (thanks to Verzenio kicking in). Maybe you happen upon something. Have you tried resensitizing to cdk4/6 inhibition (if you did well on them at some point). Verzenio is less hard on the bone marrow than palbo, and going low-carb or keto ma resensitize to it.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,005
    Options

Dear Frisky, uhh, we are worried about you:/ There should be a reason why Hgb fell so low. Chemos/CDK inhibitors should not be causing Hgb loss directly, as they mostly his Platelets and Neutrophils... Husband11's has helped his wife to recover, maybe you should start that protocol asap (I think you mentioned it yourself)? If you need some physical help, you must ask for it, please do not hesitate to do it - things will go faster and easier for you. I pray for your quick recover, please keep us posted. Saulius

• Frisky
    Options

Here's some pertinent info....The following Doxil side effects are common, meaning they occur in 30 percent or more of patients taking Doxil: Low blood counts. Your white and red blood cells will decrease. This can put you at increased risk for infection and/or anemia.

Doxorubicin causes both early and late heart damage (also called cardiotoxicity). The early damage occurs immediately after drug administration or within 1 to 2 days.

Doxil may severely reduce the number of blood cells (red blood cells, white blood cells, andcells that prevent bleeding called platelets) in your body that may potentially increase risk of infections, anemia, and bleeding.

Navelbine (vinorelbine tartrate) dose, indications ...imagehttps://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Navelbine-vinorelbine-tartrate-2360

Severe bone marrow suppression including neutropenia, anemia, and thrombocytopenia occurs in patients treated with vinorelbine and can lead to infection, septic shock, hospitalization, and death.

When asked, my mo was very frank: there are no cancer treatments available that won't cause lower hemoglobin levels and a compromised immune system. PERIOD! A word to the wise....

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    Options

Frisky,

I'm so sorry to hear about you having these issues. Sending (((HUGS))) to you and hoping your team can get that under control.

• santabarbarian
    Options

One thing that might help to feel better, Frisky, is Hyperbaric Oxygen. It shoves Oxygen into the blood under pressure, so low hemoglobin blood can still carry a lot of oxygen around the body, and it really does alleviate the worst anemia feelings. You walk out of HBOT feeling wonderful.

When I had rads in NJ I got HBOT in NJ, not far from Newark, in Florham Park. The people there were great and they have a big chamber. It's probably available in Manhattan too, but this place is the one I know. (973) 240-7251

There are many healing benefits of HBOT. Anemia is one of them.

• Frisky
    Options

thank you all for your suggestions and hugs...I'm undergoing so many changes...one day at the time...my personal nurse just left...we spent 4 hours together going over everything including DNR details...

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Frisky, sending you love and prayers from Canada.

• Frisky
    Options

thanks Husband I just ordered 3 pounds of liver from grass fed cows...your wife success is encouraging....

• santabarbarian
    Options

Frisky: you are in NYC there has to be some fantastic chopped liver at the nearest Jewish deli! The 2nd Ave deli was my go to chopped liver place.

• Frisky
    Options

Chopped liver from diseased cows is not my idea of fun...I ordered liver from grass beef from a small farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere and 10pounds of arious cuts of beef...since the shelves are now empty in NYC.

• lilahope777
    lilahope777 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Dearest Frisky - I don't post much but follow this topic and everyone closely. If there is anything any of us can do, please just say the word. I also want to offer up "Gelum Drops" for potentially supporting an increase in hemoglobin. See the information on this website: https://www.cancertreatmentsresearch.com/gelum-drops-reducing-lactic-acid-increasing-hemoglobin-and-lymphocytes-2/. I purchased a bottle on Amazon UK for "just in case" for my Mom and I would be happy to send them to you if you are even remotely interested. Sending hugs, Janet

• santabarbarian
    Options

I think the Jewish deli kind is chicken livers. But grass fed sounds best!

• bsandra
    Options

Dear Frisky, guys, I have to apologize for misinformation: chemos do cause low HGB (following low RBC) levels. I looked at my wife's table and therefore made this ridiculous claim, as she did not suffer low HGB and RBC levels - mostly her PLT and NEUT were hit. Sorry again. It is just an example how careful and well-informed we have to e to claim something. I think I should delete my comment, so that no one could read it in the future. Thank you Frisky for not letting it go by. Your Saulius

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

Frisky, I was in NY all last week visiting my son so not posting to much and I don't frequent the Ringworm thread too much anymore since I do not take Fenben..but wanted to tell you I am so sorry for what you are experiencing...hope you feel better soon!!!

• Frisky
    Options

Hi Lila,

Thank you for your generous offer with the Gelum Drops. Unfortunately, except for that link, I couldn’t find any additional information about its effectiveness....

I’m seeing my mo today, apparently she has something to offer...I will then decide...

I’m grateful for you support!
    I wish the best to you and your mother.

• Frisky
    Options

Nicole,

Thank you for your support. As you embark on the various lines of chemo, please be careful and pay attention to how the bloodwork changes...don't let it get so out of whack where you need transfusions and urgent care....mo usually don't know when to stop...remember folks.....their failure rates is 98%....so .protect yourself!

• Frisky
    Options

dear Saulius,

Dissassociation, not being able to face the harsh reality of these treatments is unfortunately a very recurrent and necessary motif on these boards. There's so much excitement over nothing, and we forget the mortality statistics have not changed in years.

We cheer each other, we commiserate, we celebrate the few that are still alive after 10 years, and wish that will be us....discarding those dire warnings is in a way necessary, since none of us are being offered any viable alternatives that are safe.

We remain stuck between the rock and the hard place. Thank you for recognizing the truth.

May everyone receive the most benefit and the least damages....I'm part of the 98% that didn't win the lottery!

Letrozole was the only worthwhile treatment, I experienced only progression, pain and suffering and premature death from the rest. By the way, ironically, the cancer has never bothered me...and this morning the social worker confirmed that most people in hospice care are dying from the se of the treatments....so you all be smart and balance carefully between the two...

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Frisky, it saddens my heart to hear what you are now dealing with. I pray you find some peace. It's hard to see anyone suffer. I hope you get some help from hospice. Will you be doing any treatment at all? I see you mentioned your MO has something to offer. Love and Huggles to you.

• mysticalcity
    mysticalcity Member Posts: 184
    Options

Frisky,

Sending prayers and hugs. . so sorry you are dealing with so much. Holding you close in prayer. Not sure if you can "stomach" clams and oysters but it looks like they have higher iron content than even the liver--especially canned clams. . .??? Hugs--J.

https://pearlpoint.org/anemia-during-cancer-treatment/

Food

Serving Size

Iron Content (mg)

Clams (canned)

3 oz

Oysters

3 oz

Chicken liver

3 oz

Clams

3 oz

Beef liver

3 oz

• bsandra
    Options

Dear Frisky, it is all so unfair, it is, I know, and I don't want to argue here... But you cannot put an argument "cancer has never bothered me" and "the social worker confirmed that most people in hospice care are dying from the se of the treatments" against modern medicine, because If we'd not follow these treatments, cancer would take over just in a few months, and it would start bothering us very quickly - it's a fact... Medicine does not even say anything else: we get to live but pay the price - get side effects. Suffering from cancer is in no way more romantic than suffering from side-effects. In fact, much known stories say suffering from cancer is much much worse (I have many internet examples but do not want to post them here). Claiming that medicine loses the "war" on cancer is false false false, as 50 years ago even stage I for almost ALL cancers (bc included!) was a death sentence and now almost all of them up to a metastatic disease are curable. We are on the edge of curing metastatic cancer too, or at least making it a chronic disease. Might take years still, sure, but medicine and science will win this, and we will not talk about this as we do not talk about pox or other diseases that were 100 % deadly just a century ago. Yet we are those unlucky ones, "somewhere in between", "dead but alive", but we cannot blame science for that... Diseases will exist, as evolution goes, we cannot do anything about that. Are scientists guilty of diseases, pollution, over-urbanization? People... we are all guilty and we pay the price. A day without a shower or computer or smart phone - who can do this??? We blame everyone but not ourselves. Government? Every government is worth its own people. And then there's just a few who are trying to fix it, and they are not always successful, true, but then how can we blame them when most people in our society are really doing nothing, all day thinking only of how to buy another pair of shoes? Therefore I urge everyone to follow (I cannot use the word "trust" or "believe" here, as it has nothing to do with trusting or believing) modern medicine, as it is and it will always be our only chance, our only hope, and hold on as much as we can to the most precious thing in this universe - life. Ahh, if only I could nly express my thoughts here in my language... Frisky, with all my hearth I am with you. I really am. Your Saulius

• Frisky
    Options

Saulius, I was looking for the rates of improved survivability for MBC over the past decade, and quickly realized that they keep accounting and referring only to a five years surviving rates even for stage one. Hummmm....why would that be?

Since I was diagnosed five years ago, according to statistics I have already won the MBC lottery, since the average patient lives for 22 months....they don’t really want to know what happens to patients after five years...

• santabarbarian
    Options

Frisky I thought of you when I saw this:

https://twitter.com/timcates/status/1238895639372509184

An Italian tenor singing to his neighborhood from his balcony during quarantine.... so beautiful.

• santabarbarian
    Options
  • Frisky
    Options

yes it’s beautiful....it made me proud of my countrymen...

• Frisky
    Options

mysticalcity, I was unaware of the clams as being an iron powerhouse...it's tough to find liver in Manhattan...the weird thing is that the bloodwork shows I have more than enough b12, iron and etc etc...

Goldie, my mo told that they will need to give me monthly injections of Xgeva to stem the deadly release of calcium from my bones. I'm also taking heart medications and using oxygen to control the arithymia in my heart. I have declined further chemotherapy since I should never have started taking in the first place. I went against my intuition....I’m actually peaceful, because I stopped chemo.

• luce
    luce Member Posts: 352
    Options

frisky: I googled gelum drops. I speak German.they have iron and are supposed to help liver function, as well as reduce lactic acid. If I had super low RBCs, I’d probably risk trying them.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Frisky, have you tried Alpha lipoic acid combined with hydroxycitrate? Its supposed to be a metabolic based treatment for cancer with low side effects. Of course its an alternative and no medically accepted. I only bring it up because I believe you have given up on conventional treatments.