Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited June 2020
    Options

I just pre-ordered Mary Trump's book. Should be a great read! As an aside, Donald has NOT aged well! Shocked

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,121
    edited June 2020
    Options

Slide 1 of 50: Walt Handelsman/The New Orleans Advocate

• betrayal
    edited June 2020
    Options

Slide 6 of 50: Drew Sheneman/The Star-Ledger

• betrayal
    edited June 2020
    Options

Slide 10 of 50: Drew Sheneman/The Star-Ledger

• betrayal
    edited June 2020
    Options

Slide 18 of 50: Walt Handelsman/The New Orleans Advocate

• betrayal
    edited June 2020
    Options

Slide 21 of 50: Bill Bramhall/New York Daily News

• betrayal
    edited June 2020
    Options

The statue would make a nice pee post for male dogs and for pidgeons to roost on and share their poop. Good idea, Ananda. How about a lawn ornament for all the Trump holdings?

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited June 2020
    Options

Trump put this on his Twitter trying to show how Biden is too old, leaving out that right after Biden said this he immediately corrected himself.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276312029360541698

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,079
    edited June 2020
    Options

Only the wise person draws from life, and from every stage of it, its true savour, because only he or she feels the beauty, the dignity, and the value of life. The flowers of youth may fade, but the summer, the autumn, and even the winter of human existence, have their majestic grandeur, which the wise person recognizes and glorifies. -Amiel

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Someone who isn't faring so well as of late either. Well, he was going to lose re-election as Indiana's Gov. and then this opportunity came along -- ah should I cling to my religion or should I find a way to stay in politics.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Right about now, Mike Pence must be wishing he were back in Indiana keeping gay couples from buying wedding cakes.'

Kind of insuring he is a used up has been that wanted to be but just screwed up. You'll look great in the history books next to Trump -- but hey, you got to stay in politics.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'DONALD J TRwmp Starring in PUTIN'S LITTLE APPRENTICE Playing nightly on FOX News. Democrats Organizing for America'

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

No photo description available.

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited June 2020
    Options

TRAITOR X 3, at least

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

There was an interesting discussion with James Carville on The 11th. Hour with Brian Williams last night. Carville was vehement ( sp ) that there was more chance that Trump would drop out, but that he certainly would not win re-election. It was his view-point that many Democrats are almost adverse to saying out loud that they could win. We have no trouble believing that Trump could win but Carville went through a recitation of all the conservatives, and all the articles ( Peggy Noonan and WSJ and others ) who are basically saying the numbers are now pretty much ( outer than outliers ) consistently low for Trump and higher for Biden with a couple neck and neck.

There is plenty of work to do, but he just feels like all politicians mis-speak meaning that we get a bit more nervous over the Biden gaffes than we need too. The Trump side will take advantage of it, but hey -- truth is Trump has a huge variety of gaffes too. I would venture to say way more than Biden.

Anyway, it did give me more encouragement to keep letting my sense of hope come on out and stay out a bit longer. It does seem that most of what Trump has done the last three weeks has so much on the downside for people like the Lincoln Project to use and distribute. Trump takes something that should quiet down and keeps adding fuel. Maybe we do have a little ( but I'd still be careful ) reason to feel positive and hope that the tide has turned and won't turn back.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,168
    edited June 2020
    Options

And he’s playing golf in Virginia as this story breaks.

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited June 2020
    Options

He's being advised by top officials to change course or risk reelection. I hope he doesn't because then those on the fence will believe he will be different his last 4 years.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited June 2020
    Options

Gawd I hate that treasonous piece excrement. I can't find the words to adequately describe the absolute loathing I have for him and his supporters. He needs to tried for treason. Otherwise it WILL happen again.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2020
    Options

Contact your County Clerk and ask what their plan is for safe well organized voting. Ask how they plan to handle early voting and absentee voting. How are they going to handle people who won't wear masks. Keep the questions up and ask for information. Let them know they are being watched.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2020
    Options

I hadn't even known she is in the running for VP. I think the author of this article is absolutely correct.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/opinion/sunday/tammy-duckworth-biden-2020.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

She's a paragon of the values that Donald Trump, for all his practice as a performer, can't even pantomime. She's best described by words that are musty relics in his venal and vainglorious circle: "sacrifice," "honor," "humility." More than any of the many extraordinary women on Biden's list of potential vice-presidential nominees, she's the anti-Trump, the antidote to the ugliness he revels in and the cynicism he stokes.

Americans can feel good — no, wonderful — about voting for a ticket with Duckworth on it. And we're beyond hungry for that. We're starving.

That ache transcends all of the other variables that attend Biden's deliberations as he appraises Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Val Demings and others: race, age, experience, exact position on the spectrum from progressive to moderate.

Duckworth, a former Army lieutenant colonel who lost both of her legs during combat duty in Iraq, is a choice that makes exquisite emotional and moral sense.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited June 2020
    Options

I adore Tammy Duckworth. She's the epitome of the kind of role model every citizen of this country should try to emulate. She's intelligent and brave and honest and kind. I especially love that she doesn't take crap from anyone. She would wipe the floor with Pence. Go ahead, Mikey. Question her integrity or patriotism. I could see Republican veterans voting for her without hesitation.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

I would have no issue voting for Tammy Duckworth either. I've admired her for a long time.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Trump's Perverse CV Response Made Health Officials Targets

Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:33 PM PDT

Government public health officials in normal times are entrusted with thankless duties - tracking down the source of food poisoning, monitoring the spread of influenza, keeping tabs on water quality. Now, the coronavirus pandemic, and President Trump's perverse response to it, have thrown these public servants into a vortex of fury, exposing them to threats from an angry population and pressure from political leaders. They deserve better.image

Indeed they do -- a lot better.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Riddled with brain and mouth disease.

Trump Can't Name One Thing He'd Prioritize if Re-elected

Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:32 AM PDT

Trump had it all: Home-field advantage, an adoring audience, a pitcher who was determined to make him look good by serving up nothing but softballs, and yet again the president struck out.image

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Judge was a lot nicer to Stone than I would have been.

Judge Orders Roger Stone to Prison on July 14

Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:33 AM PDT

A federal judge has denied Roger Stone's request for a two-month delay on the start of his prison sentence and ordered him to be incarcerated July 14.image
  • illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Trump Is Rescuing Maine Lobster Industry from Himself

Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:33 AM PDT

The Maine lobster industry, which has been battered for years as a result of the Trump administration's trade war with China, got some good news Wednesday. The president unexpectedly announced that the lobster industry will be eligible for bailout funds that had previously only been given to farmers and ranchers.image
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,937
    edited June 2020
    Options

Did you guys know the FDA just approved a drug that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X? Its trade name is called Wearamaskasshole. Side effects include mild inconvenience, possible victim complex, fear of people thinking you are a sheeple, being ostracized by your anti-vax plandemic bros, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.

Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,244
    edited June 2020
    Options

I saw footage today of total MAGA-morons and crazy conspiracy theorists (hate to say there's overlap, but their Venn diagram is a circle) at some hearing, ranting at Fauci and other medical experts--dissing their credentials, telling them them to go back to school, and that "masks kill." If the latter were true, all surgeons would have died off decades ago. If only stupidity, ignorance, and lunacy were fatal...oh, wait...

And once again, morons are setting off large firecrackers (M-80s, cherry bombs, etc.) well into the night. It's been happening for weeks all over the city and in NYC too. I understand people are bored and frustrated (and according to an article in The Atlantic about inequality in recreation, summer amateur fireworks have been a lower-income "thing" for over a century), but this is insane--there are fewer actual "fireworks" here in Chicago than there are stupid explosives like M-80s & cherry bombs. It's a juvenile "guy thing" for sure. ("Wanna go blow up sh*t?" "Sure--hold my beer"). At least my cats are sound sleepers and I have earplugs. I guess one mark of white privilege is that we know it's pyrotechnics and not gunfire--though last week a barista/college student was shot to death in late afternoon while walking home in decidedly middle-class West Rogers Park. No motive, no suspect(s).

Speaking of "boredom," I am now finding myself watching continuing legal ed. videos and heckling the lecturers. (This final 90-minute one I'm watching is excruciatingly elementary--anyone who's finished half a semester of civil procedure, much less walked into a courtroom, would find it simplistic and condescending).

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,937
    edited June 2020
    Options