Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,141
    edited June 2020
    Options

Highly delusional if he wants to keep if he wants to keep re-tweeting the dumb lawyer pair.

Senior US Officials Say Delusional Trump Is A Danger To National Security

Several former senior US officials say that Trump is delusional and he himself presents a threat to US national security.
    FacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUpon
    Read more »

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Posted on Mon, Jun 29th, 2020 by Jason Easley

Trump's New Florida GOP Convention Site Will Require Masks

FacebookTwitterSubscribeWhatsappPinterestRedditPrintMailFlipboard

Jacksonville, Florida will now require that people wear masks for indoor gatherings, which is exactly why Trump moved the convention from North Carolina.

The New York Times reported:

Jacksonville, the convention's new host, imposed a requirement on Monday that people wear masks indoors, precisely the mandate that the Republican Party had hoped to avoid for its celebrations.

….

Masks will be required in indoor public places and in any other gathering spots where social distancing is not possible, Jacksonville officials said. It is unclear how long the mask order will be in place, but it would presumably apply to the 15,000-seat VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, where three nights of convention speeches, including Mr. Trump's, are scheduled for Aug. 24-27.

Jacksonville voters say that they don't want the convention in their city. North Carolina basically kicked Trump and his convention out of the state when he refused to follow social distancing and mask guidelines.

The convention is likely to end up being moved to one of Trump's properties, potentially at his failing Doral golf club in Florida.

It is difficult to envision Trump keeping the convention in Jacksonville when he is dead set on not having masks his event. With coronavirus cases surging in the state, Trump should be looking to keep his biggest supporters safe. Instead, he is trying to hold an event that will worsen the pandemic.

The slogan that best describes Trump's reelection campaign is Make COVID Great Again

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Cepting' for the one bad word which I'm choosing to overlook -- I love this.

Image may contain: text

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,251
    edited June 2020
    Options

I think she planned to hit the car alarm button if need be in order to scare away (more likely, annoy-away) the protestors. But what I found truly disturbing was that her finger was on the trigger of her pistol. (Not to mention that grossly ostentatious faux-palace of a house).

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

The best portion of a good person's life,--
    Their little nameless, unremembered acts
    Of kindness and of love.

William Wordsworth

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Sandy, I think they are total idiots ala Trump style. He is not catching too many breaks and I too am starting to wonder just how far over the edge he is. I can't see him resigning although I wish he would. I'm not sure his ego could handle it. Then again, if that has been driving all the chaos coming from his direction as of late, just oh wow !!!

I read on the way here that McConnell seems to be backing up from him though I no longer trust ANY of the Reps. enough to take that at face value. The circumstances are that Trump is exhibiting all the signs ( at the moment ) of a coming loss and it could be a large loss. It has some time to change and I would expect many of the Reps. to go right back to their stance if they have changed it.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,251
    edited June 2020
    Options

The irony of that St. Louis couple is that they claim to support Black Lives Matter and peaceful demonstrations on public property...presumably, so long as that "public property" doesn't include the the city-owned sidewalk on their block. Coupla NIMBYs.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi ladies. I read something positive this morning and wanted to share part of it. It's from Heather Cox Richardson's June 29:

Republican leaders are also changing their tune on the pandemic, as we now have more than 2.5 million confirmed cases, and southern and western states have severe new spikes. Many have refused to wear masks as they tried to downplay the virus and urge people to jump start the economy. But today, Pence urged Americans to wear masks and keep distance from each other, and on the Senate floor, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said "We must have no stigma — none — about wearing masks when we leave our homes and come near other people. Wearing simple face coverings is not about protecting ourselves. It is about protecting everyone we encounter." Finally, Carl Bernstein tonight published a deeply researched piece in CNN about Trump's phone calls with world leaders. Trump is unprepared, boastful, and deferential to Putin and Turkey's autocratic ruler Recep Tayyip Erdogan, with whom he talks frequently. When he picks up the phone, he is unable to distinguish between his own interests in revenge and reelection and the interests of the nation. According to Bernstein, U.S. withdrawal from northeastern Syria and abandonment of our Kurdish allies to a Turkish invasion last fall was at Erdogan's urging. Trump caves to autocrats but bullies allies, including Germany's Angela Merkel and former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Theresa May. He also denigrates former presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush to foreign leaders. According to the piece, Trump's senior officials, "including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff," have concluded "that the President himself" is "a danger to the national security of the United States." Aside from the content in this piece, this level of leaking suggests that Trump has lost his grip on the White House. Bernstein's sources told him—and through him, Congress—that almost all of Trump's phone chats with foreign leaders were caught on dictation programs, supplemented by extensive note taking. They suggested that a reexamination of Russia expert Fiona Hill's testimony might provide a road map to the calls, and that if revealed, the contents of the calls would "be devastating to the President's standing" with members of both parties as well as with the public. Recognizing that Trump would try to stop investigations with claims of executive privilege, some former officials suggested they would be willing to testify to what they had heard. Tomorrow will likely be wild....

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Polls Show Trump In Real Peril

by Ed Kilgore, June 24th, 2020 7:57 PM EST

A wave of new polling data has been coming out showing Joe Biden's lead over Donald Trump growing larger and deeper. So I wrote up the implications at New York:

[T]hree weeks ago, I concluded that Biden's lead in horse-race matchups with the incumbent was getting "seriously large." A barrage of new polling data confirms the trend. In the RealClearPolitics polling averages, Biden now has a double-digit (10.1 percent) lead, and has also breached the 50-percent barrier (he's at 51 percent). FiveThirtyEight, which weights results for pollster accuracy and adjusts them for partisan bias, shows Biden with a slightly smaller 9.7 percent lead, but with the same 51 percent.
    To put Biden's lead into a historical context, the last time a presidential candidate actually won by that margin was 36 years ago, when Ronald Reagan crushed Walter Mondale. And the only Democratic presidential tickets since 1976 to win a majority of the popular vote were the two Biden shared with Barack Obama.
    Let's take a look at the last two incumbent presidents to win reelection, and see if they were ever behind by anything like the margin by which Trump currently trails Biden. In 2012, Obama never fell behind Mitt Romney in the RCP averages by more than a single point. In 2004, George W. Bush's maximum deficit against John Kerry was 2.7 percent.
    Now it's true that Hillary Clinton periodically held a double-digit lead over Trump in the RCP averages early in the 2016 race, when he was still struggling to consolidate Republican support. But by this point in the cycle, her lead had dwindled to 6.6 percent, and even in polling immediately after the Access Hollywood video scandal broke, which produced a vast wave of GOP repudiations of Trump, Clinton's maximum lead in the RCP averages was 7.1 percent.
    So Biden's lead is big, and incumbents don't tend to get much if any benefit from undecideds breaking their way. Trump, moreover, has chosen to pursue a reelection strategy that does not include any discernible "pivot to the center" or appeal to swing voters. He is already, as he constantly notes, achieving record levels of support from his own party. So it's unclear how he expects to make up lost ground.
    There is still, of course, a lot of time before November. Joe Biden could in theory make a spectacular mistake, though as time goes by his soundness as a candidate is becoming very apparent. Perhaps improving conditions in the country will give the incumbent a late lift, though you'd have to say right now that the odds of the coronavirus going away or the economy sharply recovering are getting lower every day, and in any event, Trump's perpetually underwater job approval rating seems impervious to anything he does or fails to do.
    The famous enthusiasm of Trump voters is also in question after they failed to fill even half an arena in Tulsa when Trump held his first post-pandemic rally. Additionally, Trump is inspiring a sort of negative enthusiasm boom. According to the latest high-quality national poll, from New York Times/Siena College, fully one-half of registered voters have a very unfavorable opinion of the president, as opposed to just over a quarter with a very favorable opinion. If, as is the case with most elections involving an incumbent president, Election 2020 is a referendum on Trump, this sort of finding could represent the greatest obstacle of all to his reelection.
    There remains the possibility that Trump could make even a fairly sizable national popular vote loss irrelevant by again squeaking out a narrow electoral college win. But again, the polls aren't looking so hot for him in the battleground states. According to current RCP averages, Biden is leading Trump by 8.0 points in Michigan, 7.0 points in Wisconsin, 6.2 percent in Florida, 5.6 points in Pennsylvania, and even by 4.0 points in Arizona.
    It could in theory all change, or at least get a lot more interesting, but right now Donald Trump has become a clear 2020 underdog, and his situation could just as easily get worse instead of better. In the end we may realize that Trump's mojo depended on his ability to pose as an insurgent outsider, and wasn't transferable to an environment in which he was called upon to govern. And he may yet try, somehow, to run against the status quo for which he is now responsible. His 2016 upset is going to be a very tough act to follow.
  • illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Yes, yes, yes.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot The intelligence briefs made for Donald Trump aren't brief enough for his intelligence.'

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Where is Rudy Guiliani these days? Did they put him in the bunker .permanently?'

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Bethany Albertson @AlbertsonB2 I think I'm still just going to vote for the one who didn't tell me to drink bleach. 5:51 AM 6/14/20 Twitter for iPhone'

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,944
    edited July 2020
    Options

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,866
    edited July 2020
    Options

About the couple with the guns: their house looked like an art museum or large government building. WTH do 2 people need a house that size? Personal injury lawyers. We probably pay them with our taxes.

I just worry about Trump starting a war to make him look more presidential and making everyone against him look like traitors. Worked for Bush.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says '| never thought I'd see a racist billionaire fight so hard to remain in public housing that was vacated by a black family, especially in a neighborhood so bad that he has to hide in the basement. imgflip.com'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: outdoor

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'I'm thinking about how awesome it would be if Joe Biden became the next President and nominated Barack Obama to the Supreme Court.'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

When have you or any of your Reps. cronies/enablers ever needed help to look bad. Using one of our phrases -- Believe me, you and they have done a marvelous job, simply outstanding.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump LIE LIE LIE Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or Possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax maybe by the Fake News @nytimesbooks wanting to make Republicans look bad!!! LIE'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Blessed are they who have learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate. -William Arthur Ward
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,126
    edited July 2020
    Options

Love the memes especially the one about the WH. I would love to see a voice of reason on the Supreme Court so if Obama would even consider it, I am all for him. The WH deserves a better tenant and we deserve better leadership. I wish I knew what Putin has on Trump and feel that now that Putin has established his autocracy, DT will be envious and seek the same. I cannot understand why any one in the WH would condone his treatment of Angela Merkel (who I am sure did not take his crap) and Theresa May is a disgrace. He continues to belittle women and those Bible thumping conservative women who accept this behavior do not reflect me nor my daughter. I raised her to be independent in thought and practice and to be mindful and kind to others.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

I hope this goes in. The C & P didn't want to let me copy all of it but not much is actually missing.

According to three different organizers who recently spoke to Reuters, who first broke the news of the report, the former Bush officials have now formed a political action committee called "43 Alumni for Biden" (referring to George W. Bush serving as the 43rd president of the United States) featuring Cabinet secretaries and other senior individuals from the Bush administration, with the specific intent of supporting and endorsing Joe Biden in his run for the presidency against Donald Trump.

The group released a statement that announced their formation today.

The Super PAC intends to release "testimonial videos" from several various, high-profile Republicans featuring praise for the Democratic nominee, as well as hold get-out-the-vote efforts in the most prominent swing states across the nation.

"We know what is normal and what is abnormal, and what we are seeing is highly abnormal. The president is a danger," Jennifer Millikin, an organized of the Bush Alumni Super PAC and former 2004 Bush campaign and General Services Administration employee, said.

Other members who spoke with Reuters include Karen Kirksey who worked on the Bush 2000 campaign and Kristopher Purcell who served as a communication official under the Bush administration.

Reports indicate that the former president has knowledge of the Super PAC, but does not appear to be involved.

A spokesperson for Bush said that he has retired "and won't be wading into this election."

However, Bush did receive praise for his statements regarding George Floyd's recent murder and the COVID-19 pandemic that's still raging through the nation.

The Republican group feels that Biden has the integrity needed to pull America out of the trenches in the wake of the Trump presidency, despite their political differences.

"This November, we are choosing country over party," Purcell stated. "We believe that a Biden administration will adhere to the rule of law… and restore dignity and integrity to the White House."

"We really have had overwhelming support for our efforts," Kirksey added.

Unsurprisingly so, the Trump campaign is none too thrilled about this recent development, with Trump campaign spokesperson Erin Perrine saying of the Super PAC, "This is the swamp – yet again – trying to take down the duly elected President of the United States."

Frankly, if you ask me, you can smell their fear from here. Because Trump and all his cronies, if they have even a shred of common sense, know that he's going down. Quickly.

This would be a very good thing for the Democrats. It also feels good to think there are some Reps. ( even if they are from '43's time ) who recognize the horrific damage that is accruing to the Reps. party since it got I bed with Trump.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says 'THAT FACE YOU MAKE WHEN SOMEONE YOU THOUGHT WAS SMART SAYS TRUMP IS DOING A GREAT JOB AS PRESIDENT'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

He really is thinking that he can just keep on playing the same song -- hoax, fake news etc. Has no idea that it is doing less good every time he does it. Or at least that has been the case lately. He is/seems to be hemorrhaging people on a daily basis. Still doesn't get that botching covid 19 and now doing his utmost to sweep it under the carpet is not a strategy. Its a campaign killer in the raw.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Trump said Ukrainegate was a hoax, but it was actually true. Trump said the threat of COVID-19 was a hoax, but it's lead to 130,000 American lives lost so far. Now he says that the Russian bounty on American troops is a hoax... See the trend? RIDIN' WITH BIDEN'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

It is a lot of memes, but how else can you talk about Trump who is so mentally deficient. It is hard to think of someone like him rising t the level o power that he was able to do. Normally this would not have happened save for the greed and avarice of the many Reps. who ( even though many of them too thought it not possible ) saw an opportunity to get what they wanted. He as well as they remain a total disgrace to America and her citizens. I do soooo hope someone like Obama might end up on the Supreme Ct. Been wondering if someone is trying to talk Thomas into resigning ???

Image may contain: 4 people, text that says 'Donald Trump and Republicans About as useless as a trapdoor on a lifeboat. American News X'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'BrooklynDad_Defiant! @mmpadellan What a bizarre life when it's necessary for a press secretary to credibly declare "The President reads." And NOBODY believes her.'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

I'm pretty sure Dr. Fauci would not really talk that way, but I do know R. Paul has used his " Ophthalmology " before in just this way. Paul, you are just as stupid no matter what DEGREE or not that you have. Were it me I would not be so free to wave it around and call attention to the stupidity of it.

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'Satire. Not real quotes. WELL. I'M A DOCTOR AND I SAY... YOU'RE AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST, AND I DON'T NEED EYE GLASSES TO SEE YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE.'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'I was just ACCUSED of being a TRUMP HATER!!!! ...I am truly honored and humbly accept this designation! CALL TO ACTIVISM'

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,126
    edited July 2020
    Options

Rand Paul is a disgrace to the medical profession and I am sure he was no more compliant to the Hippocratic oath as he is to the oath of office he took. He's another one who throws a temper tantrum when things do not go his way as evidenced by his refusal to wear a face mask. Would you really let him take care of your eyes?

As far as Trump being able to read, if you watch his speeches that are posted on a teleprompter he sounds like a first grader reading the Dick and Jane series for those of you old enough to remember them. His voice alone reminds me of a poor quality actor with a flare for the dramatic and has the same effect as chalk on a blackboard. So if he stuck to the script as written he might come off as being able to read but his going off on tangents leads one to believe he can't read. He has admitted he doesn't like to read and he spends so much time watching TV news how can he find time to read briefings? Perhaps that nimrod press secretary could read them to him? Then she could see if he is: 1. still awake; 2. has any level of comprehension and 3. stop lying for him. I think she took off her cross because she imagined it might act as a lightning rod for all the lies she tells.

As far as Thomas on the Supreme Court, they will have to take him out feet first to get him off. Another fine example of a male chauvinist making poor decisions about women's rights. Both he and Brett Kavanaugh should never have been approved and both had the same issues: women who outed their outrageous behaviors in a male dominated society. They may not have received due recognition for outing them but these men have tainted reputations. For shame and we have a President who is even more of a dirt ball when it comes to women.