Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hahaha, great cartoon ruthbru! Unfortunately all too real.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,020
    edited June 2020
    Options

As yesterday is history, and tomorrow may never come, I have resolved from this day on, I will do all the business I can honestly, have all the fun I can reasonably, do all the good I can willingly, and save my digestion by thinking pleasantly.
    Robert Louis Stevenson

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Does Guantanamo have a Presidential suite? #TraitorTrump'

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020
    Options

Just read this:

• President Donald Trump reportedly deleted a tweet on Sunday in which someone can be heard saying "white power."

In a Sunday tweet, Trump thanked his Floirda supporters and included a video of protests for and against the president at a retirement community. A man with a pro-Trump sign can be heard saying "white power" in the video.

On Sunday, Trump surrogates struggled to defend the president's tweet, which was deleted later in the afternoon. But by that time, the video had racked up millions of views.

Doesn't much help to delete this stuff. It all gets saved to come back to haunt you. In my view, there is no defense unless you think you should defend a lunatic who hasn't much mind left and who would walk right past you shoving you out of the way ( under his very crowded bus loads ) quicker than the glance it took to move his arm to give you a shove. Bad part about it all --as the enabler (s ) you are no better than this man. For now it appears he is going to be going home and hopefully you enablers will too.

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: text

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: text that says 'IF YOU DON'T NEED A MASK BECAUSE GOD WILL PROTECT YOU YOU DON'T NEED AN ASSAULT RIFLE FOR THE SAME REASON.'

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: 2 people

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: one or more people and text

• chisandy
        chisandy Member Posts: 11,236
        edited June 2020
        Options

Ominously, a plurality of new cases in IL this past week have been among those age 18-29; add millennials into the mix and that makes a majority. But they (especially asymptomatic ones) will kill off us "dinosaurs."

Was watching ABC "This Week" this morning, with two liberal (incl. ex-Chi-mayor and ex-WH Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel) and two conservative panelists (incl. ex-NJ Gov. Chris Christie). Both right-wingers kept carping that "Democrats keep using Russia as their North Star when it comes to Trump" (parroting GOP talking points) and that "Mueller found no collusion." (No, he found insufficient evidence to charge a criminal conspiracy, but expressly stated he found evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election). Christie even injected some (false) "whataboutism" by whining that Mueller didn't investigate the Clinton campaign's relationship to Russia. Really? Really?!

I am convinced that conservatives will accept massive deficits, bigotry, lying, crime, sexual assault, voter suppression, foreign interference, corruption, nepotism, treason, incompetence, stupidity, ignorance and sociopathy from their leaders, so long as it gets them a right-wing Federal court system and keeps people of color from entering America.

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

I do think the guy is truly scared.

Trump Is Panicking And Trying To Find A New Nickname For Biden

Trump knows that he is losing and he thinks that the way to turn around his failing presidential campaign is a new nickname for Joe Biden.
        FacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUpon
        Read more »

I do believe as the article said -- this is not 2016. Trump's name calling worked very well then for him. 2020 is a much different time and scenario. While I'm sure there are people who don't care for Biden, I think the point may come down too not caring for Trump more. He has done little, destroyed much, has sown discord, chaos, hatred, and the past yr. he has had one loss after another which has riled both sides of the aisle. He, I think has lost many, many points on his disastrous handling of the pandemic, the George Floyd protests ( WH wall and Bunker Boy ) and now it turns out that he let Russia put a bounty on our soldiers and stayed silent.

I don't think giving Biden another nickname is going to cut it because there are none of the above things wrong with Biden. This election won't be about nicknames, it will be about actions or lack thereof -- and oh does Trump have a lack of those.

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'There is a God and he's got a sense of humor. THE W DO RESUSCITATE NOT 55m Haha Reply 14'

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: text that says 'BREAKING NEWS TRUMP UNIVERSITY JUST RELEASED A POLL SHOWING TRUMP LEADING IN ALL 72 STATES'

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Fox News May Have Kept Millions from Taking CV Seriously

Posted: 28 Jun 2020 05:33 PM PDT

It's another one of those Trump Era realities best described as unsurprising but nevertheless shocking. Three serious research efforts have put numerical weight -- yes, data-driven evidence -- behind what many suspected all along: Americans who relied on Fox News, or similar right-wing sources, were duped as the coronavirus began its deadly spread. Dangerously duped.image
      • illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Hmmm, I really was unaware that Trump would admit to much of anything -- especially is something negative.

Trump Admits it: He's Losing

Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:50 PM PDT

The president has privately come to that grim realization in recent days, multiple people close to him told POLITICO, amid a mountain of bad polling and warnings from some of his staunchest allies that he's on course to be a one-term president.image

He sometimes talks as though he thinks it, but I'm always of the opinion that he actually thinks the exact opposite.

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Apparently he is not as evangelically hooked up as he would like to have you think. Why, he doesn't even wear a mask.

Virus Spikes Force Pence to Call Off Some Campaign Events

Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:32 PM PDT

Vice President Mike Pence called off campaign events in Florida and Arizona this coming week as the states experience a surge in new coronavirus cases.image
      • illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Democratic Newcomer Poised to Fight GOP Incumbent in MO-04

Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:32 AM PDT

Democrat Lindsey Simmons, a 32-year-old attorney from Hallsville, is challenging Republican U.S. Rep. Vicky Hartzler for Missouri's 4th Congressional District seat. Simmons, a seventh-generation Missourian who grew up in Saline County before graduating from Harvard Law School, has never before sought public office. She has worked for several high profile Democrats from Missouri, including former Sen. Claire McCaskill, former Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster and former Rep. Ike Skelton, Hartzler's Democratic predecessor in the 4th District. She is married to an Apache helicopter pilot in the U.S. Army and has a 17-month-old son named Jace.image
      • illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Wondering what Mr. Golf Cart Driver gets if Trump loses. He sounds like his screws have been backing out of their holes just like Trump.

Trump Tweets Video Where Man Yells 'White Power'

Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:30 AM PDT

President Donald Trump on Sunday widely shared a video he said is from the Villages, a community in Florida, in which a man driving a golf cart with Trump campaign posters is seen chanting "white power."image
      • illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

To honor and respect means to think of the land and water and plants and animals who live here as having a right equal to our own to be here. We are not the supreme and all-knowing beings, living at the top of the pinnacle of evolution, but in fact we are members of the sacred hoop of life, along with the trees and rocks, the coyotes and the eagles and fish and toads, that each fulfills its purpose. They each perform their given task in the sacred hoop, and we have one, too. -Wolf Song

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot How many Trump supporters complained about reduced oxygen intake when their Klan leader told them to put on a hood?'

• ruthbru
        ruthbru Member Posts: 46,928
        edited June 2020
        Options

• ruthbru
        ruthbru Member Posts: 46,928
        edited June 2020
        Options

• magiclight
        magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
        edited August 2020
        Options

AND...retweeting video personal injury lawyers Mark and Patricia McCloskey pointing guns at peaceful protesters. BTW those 2 gun nuts pointed their weapons at each other!

In Missouri, the crime of unlawful use of a weapon includes when a person "exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner."

According to Missouri law, the crime is a Class E felony, punishable by up to four years in prison.

BONNIE AND CLYDE HAVE AGED TERRIBLY

• beaverntx
        beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
        edited June 2020
        Options

Not only now they were holding the guns, did you notice they were both barefoot? Certainly not ready for a quick get away!

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Even though I know that so very many Reps. will not even allow themselves to let things like this creep into their consciousness , it still just amazes me that they are able to ignore every shred of decency and their conscience to allow this person free reign. I'm always thinking surely most of them must have some small lax moment of deep understanding that they will be unable to turn off -- but not so.

Image may contain: text that says 'Trump told about Russian election interference. He sided with Russia. Trump knew our Syrian allies would be slaughtered. He abandoned them anyway. Trump was warned about the pandemic. He downplayed it. Trump was informed that Russia had put hit on US soldiers. He ignored it. How much more does he have to do before you believe that he's not on our side? American News X'

• magiclight
        magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
        edited August 2020
        Options

And...she has her finger on the trigger - a big NO NO in weapons training. And she has mustard stains on her shirt. I'm not sure what the guidelines are for barefoot shooting, but as you say, no quick get away. AND, mccloskeylaw.com has already taken down their website.

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

This is not a problem for me. I have been thinking this way for most of the Trump time in office. Never once have I thought of him as president and even more so NOT mine. I could have found some ( likely fairly small ) common ground with some of the Reps. had any a backbone at all. Now, as fart as I'm concerned they can all go to Russia since they seem to value Putin and his way more than the U.S. and our beautiful Constitution.

Image may contain: text that says 'REPEAL AND REPLACE EVERY REPUBLICAN American News X'

• illinoislady
        edited June 2020
        Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Our economy is in ruins. Our citizens are sick. Our troops aren't safe. And his poll numbers are collapsing. All he has left is chaos and division- and it's going to get much worse. The president is unraveling. VOTE HIM OUT. OCCUPY DEMOCRATS'

• chisandy
        chisandy Member Posts: 11,236
        edited June 2020
        Options

IL's 2-week rolling positivity rate (the % of test results that come back positive) for coronavirus has declined again slightly, from 3% yesterday to 2.7% today. Chicago's has dipped below 5%. Still think we went to Phase 4 too soon: I've seen photos of Wrigleyville bars with waiting lines of (mostly) millennials & Gen-Zers neither distancing nor wearing masks, and distancing rules within the establishments being ignored. Bob reports that on his drive home from the hospitals yesterday, he saw a Mexican restaurant (the one that delivers to his office and to which he's urging me to drive down and dine outside with him) on the SW Side packed to the gills indoors & out, with the patio tables close together. Sigh. So I'll stick with dining at the one restaurant in the neighborhood we trust (outdoors in decent weather), ordering out or cooking & eating at home.

• JACK5IE
        JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
        edited June 2020
        Options

New Jersey put a hold on indoor dining opening next week based on what's going on in the rest of the country.

• betrayal
        betrayal Member Posts: 2,108
        edited June 2020
        Options

Does anyone know why she is clutching that key fob like it is the trigger for a bomb? How fast do you think either of them could run even if they had shoes on? What is he gunning for? Is he a poster boy for the NRA? Why are these guns even licensed for personal use? Disgusting behavior as a human let alone as a lawyer. Those protestors were non-violent.