Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,166
    Options

Great memes ladies. I do think your right Betrayal. I think Trump learned early on how to cheat royally and how to grift whenever possible. Must have been a 'Roy Cohn' influence from the start. So things would be different if (like most other people and especially those with a lot less money) Trump had to foot the bills all on his own.

I think I recall when he first started campaigning for the 2016 election, he talked of not needing any money because he had plenty to draw from and then it wasn't long at all before I realized — he was in fact getting major amts. of donations. I wasn't totally shocked because that is how it is usually done, but my jaundiced eye only got worse after that.

It is sad that the memes that help us let off steam (everything couched in such amusing ways) have no value for anyone on the other side. They are not believable to them in the least. I've always felt it sad that while our cable news may have a slanted viewpoint overall, we do hear completely what the other side is up to and we know we can believe it. On the other hand, the news from the right is weighed heavily against us and full of egregious materials that bear little relation most of the time to the truth. They don't question the fact that the Democrats have been pretty much the same for many years. The Reps. party since Reagan has gone downhill and never stopped. Yet we are seen as the suppressive liars and cheaters and power-hungry bunch trying to destroy the Reps. while letting 'immigrants' in to whatever wanton thing comes up while they take the Reps. jobs and make them pay for welfare.

I'm not sure I'm capable of understanding the mind-think of those on the right who seem so worshipful of Trump. Seems to me many were ripe for Trump's mental seductions, and he has had yrs. now to refine his hold on his 'cult'. I wonder how many will hold on no matter when or where.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,137
    Options

Another real-life moment that is funny if not for being so pathetic.

Type: "Matt Maddock and illegal invaders" in your browser. I tried to attach a link but couldn't. CNN did a fact check as did others. The idiot claimed NCAA basketball teams were illegals coming into Detroit Metro Airport! Sadly, Trump is only one of many idiot so called Republicans!

• illinoislady
    Options

On the other hand, I read earlier that there are in fact a group of Republicans who voted for Trump the first time and feel that Trump did not keep his promises. I think as well watching his behaviors since the 202 election has likely made a huge impression as well. This group have become dedicated to warning people about the need not to try and continue on with Trump.

There are some who won't budge as we know, but I do think there are some who might in fact listen to a 'reasoning' Reps. group who feels Trump took advantage of Reps. from early on and nothing has improved or will while actual Democracy is possibly destroyed. They are encouraging people not to vote for Trump.

If these people choose not to, I don't think they necessarily will vote for Biden although if they start listening to what Pres. Biden is up to they might. Even if they don't vote for Biden, the more votes that can be drained from Reps. away from Trump, the better. Third parties have never ended up counting and write-ins wouldn't be an issue either. I hope what I read turns out to work out. I tried to drop the article in here but it wouldn't copy and paste. The article was from Tribune Content Agency. I have never heard of it, but I know there are many who have said they just can't do Trump again.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,129
    Options

I believe the decline in the Republican party began with Nixon but became more pronounced when Reagan and then the disastrous Bushes were in power. Trump was the icing on the cake for a party that went so far astray of its ideals that there is virtually no way for them to make a reasonable comeback.

What surprises me is that the Lincoln Project has been quiet. Did it disband or is it gathering data for a resurrection of its ideals? George Conway has been quiet lately.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,055
    Options

Lincoln Project is still busy, but they've broadened their aim at the GOP in general as well as drumph. This one is funny, though.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,129
    Options

As a lover of Phantom, I find the adoption of the music from it a tolerable sacrilege since it addresses the loon. Thanks for posting this miriandra. Love to know who the singer was because she has an incredible voice.

• illinoislady
    Options

The posture we take while performing our tasks today, and the attitude we project toward those who cross our path, will emphatically influence what the day brings.  No one else can decide for any of us what we'll feel or think about the day.  We have the power to be as content or as discontent as we make up our minds to be.

unattributed

• illinoislady
    Options

I knew the Lincoln Project was still at work. I think possibly George Conway had to step aside. I feel like it was sometime during the proceedings leading up to and during the divorce process from Kellyanne. I think Rick Wilson, Stuart Stevens and Steve Schmidt are still a large part of things. There are some females on it, but I don't know who they are.

I think this was one of the greatest innovations of all time. I hope they are able to keep it in place. I'm told they have another ad out although I haven't seen it which characterizes Trump as broke and busted. That's the Loser in Chief, a fraud, a con, and a low rent rip off artist. He certainly is all those things.

It has been about a week, with a week to go if Trump is going to find someone to give him a 175-million-dollar bond. Is he going to pull this off at the last minute? Not sure how anything goes these days. I'd think that anyone willing to lend that sort of support would have a whole lot of thoughts about Trump's mental condition just from get-go. If you add in that he is known for being bad pay, I'm sure I'd be willing to keep my distance. At this point it seems to me it would be a bit dicey, but what do I really know. Trump seems to have had a skate under him most of his life and slithered out of almost everything. Seems to have hit a wall on it, but we are still treading water and waiting so far. There has been a taste of a bit of justice, but not near enough yet.

• illinoislady
    Options

Tired of winning yet ???

• illinoislady
    Options

Indeed. Indeed.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

I follow the Lincoln Project on Facebook. Rick Wilson recently posted that Democrats have to fight every day to defeat Trump. Here’s his message, it is a minute and a half long. I agree with his train of thought to a degree. Dems can’t be soft pedaling their position. But I’m not going to get into fights. I know there’s no sense trying to convert any MAGAs. But we don’t have to be all sweet and kind to them, either.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

And this from the Lincoln Project:

• illinoislady
    Options

Of course, R. Wilson is correct. The real MAGAts won't be able to change. They are far too brain washed. I'm just not sure how many for sure there are of the true hard core. I know for sure there is no use talking to my BIL's. For some time at least one of them tells me he no longer watches Fox, but when he does (not much around me) say anything it ends up sounding pretty derogatory to the left. I don't look for people to try and 'change' because if they are capable of looking realistically at both sides, they don't need my interference.

I'm more inclined that the pressure should be kept up due to mis-information and conspiracy theories and things like that. I think the other side can cause a lot of fear and some in-decision and those are things I feel a bit more than the need to "change" the likely highly un-changeable.

Not surprised about former presidents and vice presidents not wanting to rub elbows with Trump. I don't know that any of the former have even had reason to speak kindly even of Trump. I think Trump was well-known for the most part to all of them and while they may have tried to give some space in the beginning (we were all encouraged to do that) I don't think it took long for them to know it was not going to work out well.

• illinoislady
    Options

We will know how the golf cart got through if Moses did his job correctly in the Trump book.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Ruth, I so love the meme. My only hope is that his quickly worsening senility will in fact keep him somewhat quieter. I am also sooo tired of waiting for him to be meted out a lot more justice. It does seem he has gotten some although he continues to try and fight it every step of the way. I think a normal person would have thrown up their hands and taken their punishment but not him. I guess when you are perfect you can never, ever let go and accept your well-earned if painful fate.

• illinoislady
    Options

Magic exists.  Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars?  Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic.  It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.

Nora Roberts

• illinoislady
    Options

I think you had a little hand in thtat didn't you??

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Whether you disagreed, liked or dis-liked, we didn't have flat out stupid grifting criminals.

• illinoislady
    Options

from the King Don edition.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Just to typical. Bullying his way into what he can't really earn.

• illinoislady
    Options