Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,958
    Options

And I didn't know that Robert E. Lee was a leprechaun, "Never fight uphill, me boys!" Really????

• ruthbru
    Options
  • illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,218
    Options

Yes, good ole' Loon. He always uses a lot of fill-in phrases when he doesn't know his subject too well. I presume, the longer he can actually talk, the easier to have his idiot audience think he actually knows things he doesn't.

• illinoislady
    Options

So like the Loon — to make up a sob story about something that actually won't be decided for some time. As well leaving out the part about not showing up to ANY of the other graduations. Odd this is the one that is important. Well, it will all sound so good and un-fair to those who love the guy — and for sure they are not going to fact-check their hero. choke-choke.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Nailed it exactly.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Once again, I love the memes!

I don't know what sickens me most, Trump or the GOP in the HR!

Betrayal, my ancestors fought in Gettysburg too, in fact, they fought in every war starting with the American Revolution! Best of all, my mother's side has a website and I was able to do further research on many of them. That is something I want to get back to doing once I get finished with de-cluttering my house! Forty-four years in a house, I have spent the last 15 getting rid of things! I am just now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Complaining on here about Trump is certainly preventing many of us, myself included, from going crazy, but I hope others are actively writing/calling their representatives and expressing either your support or distain, depending on who your representatives are!

• illinoislady
    Options

The Wish
    Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Should some great angel say to me to-morrow,
      "Thou must re-tread thy pathway from the start,
    But God will grant, in pity, for thy sorrow,
      Some one dear wish, the nearest to thy heart."
        This were my wish! - from my life's dim beginning
      Let be what has been! wisdom planned the whole
    My want, my woe, my errors, and my sinning,
      All, all were needed lessons for my soul.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Well my stars. That sure does sound like the tarnished sort of (if rather thin) golden-haired orange con now having a criminal jury seated. Hmmmm.

• illinoislady
    Options

Compare and contrast:

• illinoislady
    Options

Bring it on.

• illinoislady
    Options

She always hits it out of the park.

• illinoislady
    edited April 17
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

What he needs for sure, but.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Yes Katie ——and when they find out how badly they REALLY have been had they should be twice as furious.

Imagine selling a book for $60 that says adultery is a sin, right before you’re tried in court for paying someone to hide your adultery. 

• illinoislady
    Options

Well, just look under the definition of stupid in the dictionary. This has about as much chance as my winning a mega million lottery.

• illinoislady
    Options

Being able to be here does help us gather our ability to stay sane when we feel so many emotions. For me it is often the feeling of being cheated which gets me so resentful. It is not that I expected too much, it is that I knew that politicians get in the way, and sometimes the current Pres. can't fulfill all the promises he or she hoped. It is a huge and super cheat when the job is given to an outright stupid con man who is only working for himself. Compliments of the greedy Reps. who welcomed the help of V. Putin.

So I get angry and very resentful. I don't like that politicians and lobbyists can change things which alter some of the sane things that should happen in government. But to put a man like Trump in the WH. There are no words — so bring on the memes.

• ruthbru
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Ruth, this is fantastic. I once had respect for most of the Republicans and I really do miss being able to feel something is totally wrong w/o feeling like the person who said it is as well. I miss being able to have even if a bit grudging respect for our other side.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,136
    Options

As a young girl in grade school, the teacher had us vote for the presidential candidates. I can remember seeing Eisenhower, in a convertible, ride through my home town. The car paused to acknowledge us as we were lined up along Route 130 and he waved to all of us. Of course, he was a war hero so he was very popular and I think that was my one and only Republican vote. I don't regret it but would never vote Republican again.

Nice photo of 2 decent men solving world problems, one through his experiences during WWII and the other as the visionary of what the world could be. Too bad the latter never got to deliver his vison.

Now our options are a visionary and a clown. I am disillusioned with the acrimony in politics today and how hateful the Republican representatives have become: self-centered, illiterate, Bible thumping bigots and misogynistic. Makes me want to cry on some days that we are reduced to this constant chaos.