Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,190
    Options

Taco welcome. Nice to see you here.

We have traveled to Arizona many times for summer trips or spring break at Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Love the state but not the politics much. Kari Lake and Kirsten Sinema are just too crazy for my likes and I imagine John McCain is rolling over in his grave. His daughter doesn't reflect his stance and I actually felt that he was a good representative of the Republican party whereas she is IMHO just a loud angry mouth. She has none of the class of her mother or the political savvy of her father.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,515
    Options

When we experience moments of ecstasy—in play, in art, in sex—they
    come not as an exception, an accident, but as a taste of what life is
    meant to be. . . Ecstasy is an idea, a goal, but it can be the expectation
    of every day.  Those times when we’re grounded in our body, pure in
    our heart, clear in our mind, rooted in our soul, and suffused with the
    energy, the spirit of life, are our birthright.  It’s really not that hard to stop
    and luxuriate in the joy and wonder of being.  Children do it all the time.
    It’s a natural human gift that should be at the heart of our lives.

Gabrielle Roth

• illinoislady
    Options

Mom, I love the pickpocket meme. That is truly the way it is with the Loon.

Welcome Taco. Glad you are posting with is here. Oh my, if it were not for the sanity spoken here along with the memes I don't know but I might just have had to check out of the political part of the world. I feel for many in AZ as well. As mentioned Sinema, who spent yrs. it seemed trying to outdo Manchin in leaning heavily Reps. was only outdone by the slightly deranged Loon stoolie Kari Lake. John McCain irritated me a time or two, but I did admire him most of the time. I definitely saw him and his wife Cindy as pluses to their party and state. Who knows what happens in the minds of people like the McCain daughter or Robert Kennedy? If as Betrayal said, it was just some disagreements from within with those two, but it is so much more. They seem to have been taken over. Good for you being so active and helping your state into some decency and hopefully getting people like Kari Lake shut down.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

How to become un-billionaired. Forbes must be wearing out their erasers on the Loon.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Ask a man what part of his body the government should control.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Sounds like he is terrified. He gave a couple of shout-outs before if memory serves, and no one showed up. Is anyone that eager to go to jail with the J/6 crowd or the Loon himself.

• illinoislady
    edited April 13
    Options

The power-hungry and greedy at work. No reason to expect they would suddenly change. Reps. want, they just don't want to give.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Hmm, two super dumb human beings together and that what you get. Heaven help us.

• illinoislady
    Options

Justin Jones is a wonderful guy. Hats off.

• illinoislady
    Options

The Bible talks about this guy all the time, but people don't seem to know what they are reading??? Are they RREALLY reading?

• illinoislady
    Options

OJ infected too.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited April 13
    Options

CALL TO ACTIVISM

18h  · A sixth grade teacher asks her class how many were Trump supporters.

Despite them not knowing what a Trump supporter was but wanting to be liked by the teacher, they all raised their hands.

Well, all except for little Timmy.

The teacher looks over to little Timmy and asks, “Timmy, why are you being different again?”

He says, “well, because I’m not a Trump supporter.”

“Why aren’t you a Trump supporter?”

“Because I’m a Democrat.”

The teacher snuffs and says, “oh really? Why are you a Democrat?”

He responds, “well, my mom is a Democrat, my dad is a Democrat, so I’m a Democrat.”

She then says, “Oh really? Then what if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?”

Little Timmy smiles and says, “a Trump supporter.”

• illinoislady
    Options

Damn Straight lady, and just where he should be. Does not belong in society and for the record, you don't either.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options

Damn straight they should pay their fare share. They'd make back what they paid in record time anyhow. Plus they can't take it with them so what do they plan on doing with it after they are gone?

I thought the dress worn by Jeff Bezo's girlfriend was inappropriate to be worn to a dinner at the WH. Too much cleavage and not classy at all. Hope she didn't drop any food morsels down there as well.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

That's about it Ruth. How did anyone know back then in 1980 we'd have such luminary minds as the Loon, MTG, the Ms. Bobert, Matt Gaetz, M. Johnson. It hurts to think about it.

• betrayal
    Options

Can I add Jim Jordan and his cronies as well? Tommy Tuberville that is as dumb as a rock, Cruz who everyone hates, and the 2 Kennedy, the one from LA and the second from the Kennedy family. There's a whole slew of them that could not pass an IQ test but manage to land cush jobs where they do not do anything but block meaningful legislation and inflict pain on others.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,062
    Options

betrayal, Jeff Bezo’s girlfriend looked ridiculous in that boob-baring corset gown.

• betrayal
    Options

Thank you for your comment divinemrsm. I thought her boobs looked like they were being offered up as part of a buffet and not what I would find as acceptable for a classy WH dinner invite. A case of when you have it, flaunt it that was a flop in my book. I am sure he loved it but sure she was the topic of conversation by other attendees the next day when they were at home.

The fine line between classy and trashy was violated. LOL, no one had to sneak a peek since they were front and center.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,156
    Options

Betrayal, love the "fine line between classy and trashy!" I agree!

I have concern about Iran. One thing I learned in my studies about the Middle East, is that you never win wars there! Netanyahu created this mess for Israel, and he needs to fix it without US help! I feel so sorry for the people in Israel and Gaza. Always the "common" people who get the brunt of the actions by their country's leadership!

• illinoislady
    Options

To me, the essence of keeping the soul nourished is obedience to one's conscience. I don't think that the soul can be nourished unless people have a strong sense of conscience that they have educated and developed and soaked in the universal and timeless principles of integrity and service.  This way, the individual's soul becomes part of the universal soul of service, contribution, and making a difference.    -Stephen R. Covey