Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,513
    Options

I missed the boob display, but then I'd have likely been even less kind than you ladies probably. Had a friend that used to say of people in very revealing clothes that they were leaving their curtains open. Sounds like the Bezos girlfriend ripped them right off the window. I don't really get older men who are seemingly okay with their wives or girlfriends/dates putting themselves in a position to be ogled. Why do you want this sort of representation for yourself. What are you trying to prove Bezos??

Seems like after ALLLLLLLLLL this time, the Loon will have to be in court at long last as the criminal he really is and start facing the music that he un-gloriously made. I'm still bothered by the fact that while a part of him would hate the humiliation of it I also feel his mental faculties such as they are buffer him somewhat. Just thinking that he has obscured and obfuscated his entire existence from early on and certainly kept a multitude of secrets along the way which will grate on his nerves to have revealed. Worst of it may be (as I read earlier) his inability to say anything or create chaos. He says he'll testify but that will be a near impossibility for such as the Loon. His lawyers can't afford to let him anywhere near the witness chair.

Sadly, no camera's in the courtroom. It is not so much a need to see it all (although I do wish we could) but more not having total trust in the media presenting it well after the fact.

MM, it really is always the common man, the one just trying to get along and take care of the family, who is left to suffer for what the government does. They pay the taxes and support a government who doesn't know who they are. So much easier to let people suffer when you 'don't' know them.

• illinoislady
    Options

Surely this is satire, though who knows for sure with this one. Maybe he really does see himself this way. The mighty warrior — revenging all over the place.

• illinoislady
    Options

Over the years I have come to believe that life is full of unchosen circumstances, that being human has to do with the evolution of our individual consciousness and with it, responsibilities for choice. Pain and joy both come with life. I believe that how we respond to what happens to us and around us shapes who we become and has to do with the psyche or the soul’s growth.    -Jean Shinoda Bolen

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    Options
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,190
    Options

Love that weather forecast and for the Donald, I hope it's a tornado.

• illinoislady
    Options

Yep, I'm giggling. So, I waited all this time and when the big day came, I had appts. to keep and could not stay on the television. Well, actually, far as I know other than making a statement (part campaign pitch) before going into the courtroom and another castigation speech after coming out, likely it was boring.

Of course, there were people standing by to offer up hour after hour of ideas, possibly a bit of new news, and lots of what if and maybe explorations. None of it means all that much.

I'm sure the Loon is seething because from all I read he even knows it is a very uphill thing for him. He is having to sit and be quiet although I did see where he was muttering under his breath and scowling plenty. I'm thinking — hmm. That's all he has. I also feel all these opportunities he may take either before or after court if not both may be great for a few but most understand he is not there on a whim of some Democrat. Certainly not on the whim or work of Pres. Biden.

It's going to be a long haul now perhaps. We will just have to see. Before I left for my Dr's. appt. I did see the Loon's opening statement outside the courtroom. Not only the same whiny drivel which you come to expect but the man looked awful. His hair was a mess — he actually looked a bit better this afternoon, but in back I felt like I could see a fair amt. of scalp. As though he had taken a bit more hair towards the bangs area and it is exactly what I saw this morning.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited April 15
    Options

So profound, isn't he?

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Yes. stupidity and double standards and the Reps. just can't get or have enough.

• illinoislady
    Options

Half a heartbeat time.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

From CADOF:

Calm down, everyone was gonna pay back their student loans as soon as the billionaire tax breaks trickled down to them

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

I haven't read anything yet, but did see something else that indicated the Loon may have nodded off in court. Sleep always seemed a bit elusive for the Loon and I'm sure it has been far worse with his inability to douse any of his trials and not dump the judges nor so far get any immunity. May it all continue in multitudes.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • ruthbru
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options

Can you imagine him in daily briefings? If not talking about himself, he is clearly bored. Hope he did snore out loud.

• illinoislady
    Options

Daily briefings for the loon I think were quite brief. Often I guess in pictures for more overall understanding. Thank goodness he is likely oblivious to the briefings he gets as the Reps. candidate. I think it was mentioned they are not anything too heavy at all. More like a 'courtesy' and far from the full-blown manuscript.

I also think I recall many of the people detailed to give the daily briefing hated the job. Likely because the loon had little interest unless it was pretty much in easy 'picture' form.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,156
    edited April 16
    Options

I wish the reporters on CNN and MSNBC would NOT have made a big deal about the lack of Trump supporters yesterday. They said if something is going to happen at trial, it is the first day that brings people out. No, it is when there is a verdict and sentencing happens!

They are just doing jury selection now, the arguments haven't begun, there is no verdict yet, I felt as if they were "stoking the flames of a fire" with their talk! Even if he is convicted and sent to prison, which is highly unlikely, there may or may not be rioting, but that doesn't mean there aren't groups plotting to retaliate who are laying low.

I do not think the reporters for the left are always correct. It would be nice to see the lack of Trump supporters around the courthouse, but one should NEVER underestimate the power of evil. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

A failed insurrection was practice!

OMG, Senator Tom Cotton (R-AL) telling news people need to rip the skin off people who try to block their roads, not to rely on police! He was referencing the crowds protesting the war in Gaza!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,062
    Options

Mavericksmom, I agree, the left media bungles a lot of coverage for the Orange thing, and they should never underestimate the power of evil.

• illinoislady
    Options

One does not need to fast for days and meditate for hours at a time to experience the sense of sublime mystery which constantly envelops us.  All one need do is to notice intelligently, if even for a brief moment, a blossoming  tree, a forest flooded with autumn colors, an infant smiling.

Simon Greenberg

• illinoislady
    Options

Yes, yes, yes. Even the left has to 'find' hype for ratings. Makes one feel such nostalgia for Walter Cronkite and others of his ilk. Then again, the instant news possible with the Internet has help create a monster as well. Tom Brokaw, if only we could have you now.

I felt like the Loon was just trying to 'get/hope' people would show up so we would see that he was still in charge, but for the most part, those days are over some time back. He is not in charge and he and his lawyers have mostly losses on their side of the ledger. Going forward I do expect things to mainly remain just like that. Trump was never a winner. He wasn't even an adequate businessman. He has spent his entire career losing more than he ever won because he was never honest about any of it. His life is a lie and he has run out of defenses for it.

As to going to jail and having a riot then. I do believe he will be found guilty — because he has no defense but I'm not at all sure there are 'enough' people to riot now. There are those who are insane enough to martyr themselves, but one conviction will lead to another, even if after the election. People will figure out early on that people who go to bat for the Loon often end up living in very small quarters and eating bad food for a long time. You have to have something really wrong with you to put yourself in front of the speeding Trump train at this point.

To that end, I did read this morning that the Trump lawyers are hoping to be able to prevent the Loon from speaking before and after each of the trial days now. He is far too un-predictable with no script (he wouldn't be likely to stick to it anyway) and too many opportunities to make his situation a lot worse. He is a real loose cannon, and his mental functioning could cause some serious lapses in judgement. I think he might often be furious as well. Especially when opening statements and witnesses start being called to the stand. His ability to stand quiet is going to be sorely challenged.

Even if he doesn't get an actual jail sentence out of this, he's a goner. His stock is worthless already, he's broke, and keeping the Reps. party broke. All positive (if handled correctly) for the Democrats. His latest bond is in jeopardy. I'm so glad I'm not him and just as much that I'm not a Reps. who should feel degraded and very diminished by the spectacle of their nominee sitting in criminal court every day. Will more R's leave the GOP now?

• betrayal
    edited April 16
    Options

Nah, he wasn't sleeping, he was just examining his eyelids for holes which has always been our family's excuse for family members sleeping at inappropriate times (mainly DF and DH).

While he claims this trial is an "assault on America", I find his presence and shenanigans an assault on America. Why are we having to deal with his failures as a human being so late in the day? Why wasn't he charged and brought to court earlier like any common man would have been? Why are we so afraid of the power he seems to hold over a bunch of deplorables? Is this a case of the "right has might"? Maybe the left needs to exert its power.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,062
    Options

I worry that there might be a holdout juror who won’t cast a guilty vote. Hope it doesn’t happen.

• ruthbru
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options

What a bunch of bullshit and not even close to being historically factual or grammatical correct. My GGF fought at Gettysburg so how does a draft dodging bag of hot air even get to discuss any battle of significance. How can anyone admire such a bag of wind?