Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
What part of day-to-day life during your breast cancer experience has been most challenging for you? Take our poll.

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,682

@threetree That’s a great story, thank you for sharing it 😁

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 88

@going2beatthis dear Fay, so sorry about the headaches but glad they're nothing to worry about. All the best for your last stereotactic radiation session. Hugs 🫂 and prayers 🙏

@kbl Oh no. So sad about Penelope's passing. Praying for her soul.

See y'all tomorrow. 🫂💕🙏

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,153

@kbl thanks for posting about Penelope, and that's a lovely picture.

I'm still traveling, so I won't be on tomorrow's call.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,864

@seeq Hope you’re having a great trip. I’ll miss you.

• temerarious
    temerarious Member Posts: 23

Hi everyone,

I'm posting here because I don't want anybody to worry. Last week, I couldn't attend due to a work conflict, and today I was running late due to another work conflict (unfortunately, I've been slammed at work for the past two weeks). I wanted to call in today, but I didn't receive an email link to join the Zoom meeting. I tried using an old email link, but it didn't work. I'm not sure if anyone else had problems receiving the email invite - I looked in my junk mail and my trash just to be sure. I didn't get anything. I feel kind of ignorant, but I don't have any idea how to join without the email invite. Mods - If I've inadvertently been taken off the distribution, please add me back! So, it looks like I'll miss you guys again today. I'll try to call in next week (assuming I get the link). It will be my last Monday before I leave on vacation for the month of August.

Cheryl

• seeq

@temerarious ‐ I just recently noticed the Notes (or Team Notes?) function in Zoom. I created a note with the meeting codes and times for the calls iI like to join. The codes don't change, so I'll airways have then right where I need them.

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 39

Cheryl

I am pretty non techie and also did not receive an email invite. However I found an old email invite which worked for me. Bummer that it didn't work for you.

MJ

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,682

Cheryl, I did the same as mojo and used the email from last week. Hope to see you next week.

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 117
    edited July 24
  • rlschaller

@kbl thank you for posting and sharing today about Penelope. I did not know her for long, but she touched my heart. And I’ve been doing her chi gong each week since she shared the link with me. ❤️

• kbl

Oh, Cheryl, I’m so sorry we missed you. I didn’t get the invite either, but I have the meeting ID number that I use. I’ll email it to you. Hope to see you Monday.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,417

Hi @temerarious , we are so sorry to have missed you at Monday's MBC meetup. We sent out the email reminders the morning of, but a few members alerted us that they did not receive that reminder email, so our apologies for what appears to have been an odd technical glitch. We do hope to see you all at our next sessions.

• moderators

RIP, Penelope, and thank you for all you brought to our Monday group. 💔

• Rosebessie
    edited July 24

Hi ladies, I'm trying to remember (Chemobrain) who's had Cataract surgery here, and what precautionary measures they had to take before and/or after. Did you I need to be off ibrance or the Aromatase inhibitor ( Arimidex in my case?)?? I had it done this morning on my right eye.

• kbl

@Rosebessie I want to say Mary Jane has had cataract surgery. She comes here frequently, so I think she’ll see your post. I hope your surgery went well.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 172
    edited August 6

@Rosebessie - Hope all went well this morning. I had both eyes done one week apart (Jan 2023). Did not have to stop either of my RX (letrozole and Verzion). Only thing I was told to do was stop my fish oil and administer the 3 drops. Am really glad I did them. 😀

• mojos

Yes, I had cataract surgery but I only started Ibrance when I was finished with both surgeries. So, my experience would not be helpful to you. The biggest thing is be sure and do the eye drops as recommended by your doctor. Thanks.

MJ

• Rosebessie

@kbl thank you for responding to my enquiry My surgery went well. Blessings and hugs

@going2beatthis thanks 😊surgery went well. I'm doing my eye drops religiously and reminding myself not to sleep on the side of the operated eye, not to bend my head low, not to wash my face etc 🤣 . So many don'ts, but that's life right 🤷🏻‍♀️ Blessings and hugs.

@mojos thanks for the response. I understand. Blessings and hugs

• vajra13
    vajra13 Member Posts: 14

Hello,

I'm new in the group and just signed up last week. Interested in joining the upcoming zoom meet-up. Could I get guidance? Thank you!

• moderators

Welcome, @vajra13! We think you may have found our group today, so thatnks for joining! If you need more assistance, please let us know!

Welcome again!

• rlschaller

HI all, I will not be at the Monday group tomorrow, on vacation from work (yeah) and going to visit with my son for the day. I’m so looking forward to it. Then I have my PET scan on Thursday, hoping for stable or lessening of the cervical spine Mets … we’ll see. My reoccurrence was only this past January so it’s all still new for me, the bone mets, though inconclusive are a worry. Last scan one dot disappeared and the other was smaller, so I’m hoping that continues. The tumor that reoccurred in my right breast was very large, and had lessened but progressed last month, but with Trodlevy it’s so much smaller by clinical exam. Am hoping the PET shows it to be lessened as well. Wish me luck and I’ll keep you posted.

• kbl

@rlschaller I’ll miss you. Have some great time off, and I’ll be thinking of you for your scan. I hope everything is smaller for you.

• kbl
    edited August 5

We have had significant rain, and power and Internet are now down at our Florida house. Debby’s eye is just about to go over our home. We have lost our cameras, so I can no longer watch. This is now the radar and a picture of our back yard before the cameras went out. We are most concerned about our septic, which is where all the water is. Our house won’t flood, but if septic backs up, I’d be thinking I’d rather have a flood. We have a whole house generator, so that’s good. My intuition to stay in North Carolina was a good one. See you all at 2.

• mojos

Wow! Such a powerful storm.

Too bad that you lost your cameras and ability to see what is happening at your home.

See you later today.

MJ

• kbl

My neighbor said her rain gauge registered 14 inches from yesterday afternoon through today. Whew!

• rlschaller

@kbl oh my goodness 14inches … I hope the septic held ! Glad you are safe in North Carolina, good intuition.

• kbl

@rlschaller Thank you. Won’t find out until the weekend. There is at least one road in town that has washed away, and there’s lots of water, so best to wait and give a few days to recede.

• frenchrose
    frenchrose Member Posts: 2

Hi, this is Michele. After talking today about high cost of Medicare, I received a letter from them laying it all out. Evidently, they are using our tax return from 2 years ago when both my husband and I were were working full time. Our income is completely different now that I am not working, and my husband is working 1/2 time. We have to send them a bunch of back up materials, so we’ll see. . .

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 172

@frenchrose - sounds like they are talking about an IRMA adjustment. We were able to document that our income was no longer that high and the IRMA adjustment was removed. Hopefully that will be the case for you too.

• seeq

Michele - the same thing happened to us. Fortunately, my husband had retired in the previous. year, so the IRMA was removed