Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,430

@frenchrose, welcome! There's tons of support here on the discussion boards as well! Let us know if there's something we can help you with. We're here to support you!

The Mods

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,687

Hi all, one of this years baby deer came by for water this morning! So cute and still has spots 😁

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,881

@illimae Aren't they the cutest? We have a feeder and get to see them every day.

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 125

@illimae love the pic. So cute.
    We get bunnies and ground hogs in our backyard here in New Jersey but no deer. Plenty of squirrels though.

• illimae

Current view ❤️

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160

Wow! Beautiful rainbow!

• rlschaller

Love this gorgeous pic , your view is so expansive. Makes my heart happy. And what a gift ..a rainbow !

• kbl

@illimae Beautiful. What is your altitude up there? I go from 97 feet in Florida to 1600 in North Carolina. I can imagine you’re much higher.

• illimae

@kbl We’re just a few feet under 7,000. It’s great in the summer, cooler and with a good breeze. Unfortunately, it’s also cooler in the winter 🥶

• frenchrose
    frenchrose Member Posts: 2

I forgot to tell you about our new baby! He’s a corgi, 3 months old. We named him Banksy after the street artist. He gets along great with the big dogs.

Michele

• illimae

@frenchrose Super cute! I love Corgi’s short legs and big ears. Pups are so fun.

• kbl

@illimae Whew, that’s quite high. I know it would take a minute for my ears to adjust. They popped at 1600. Lol.

@frenchrose So adorable. I love it.

• rlschaller

@frenchrose lol… so cute, love that face!

• flowergirl55
    flowergirl55 Member Posts: 4

What a beautiful view, Ilimae! ☀️🌈

• rlschaller

Sorry I missed our Monday zoom , but was away for the weekend which was glorious! Attended my nephews wedding in Mystic Ct , a lovely town on the river. I danced for the first time in years. So glad I had the energy lol, drank wine and ate chocolate, and now back to my regular routines and diet. It actually felt so good to have brown rice and kale fritters tonight, I am definitely a vegie food nerd. Have my MRI tomorrow , fingers crossed no new progression since the PET scan earlier last month. Will miss Monday zoom again as I have a Dr appt, but will keep you all posted. Hope you enjoyed the three day weekend (US and Canada) gals.

• kbl

@rlschaller I’m so glad you had a great time. You will be in my thoughts as you have your MRI. Sending hugs.

• rlschaller

Thanks Kris. I’ve read your Enhertu journey so far, it’s been a little rough I hope it is settling into a more manageable routine. Hugs right back at ya.

• kbl

@rlschaller Thank you. I’ve requested to move to 80%, and my Georgia doc has approved that. So happy. Also, I think she’s already gotten a port approved. I am going to learn about them since I’ve never had one.

• rlschaller

Kris that’s great news. I hope the lower dose alleviates some of the SE. I love having a port for the infusions, as others have said as well. So glad you are getting one. It will make the infusions so easy, and you use a lidocaine numbing cream on the surface of the port beforehand and you don’t feel a thing.

• kbl

@rlschaller Thank you. And thank you for the tip. I’ll talk to the doc about that as well. I take it you haven’t heard or seen your MRI results yet?

• rlschaller

morning @kbl got the text with my scan report/results and there is marked decrease in tumor size and the skin is improving with no new progressions. Yeah! There is a new spot on my breast which I need to talk to the doctors about though.. I see both my MO and surgeon on Wed. So more to come… Sorry I will not be at group today I see the gastroenteroligist about the diverticulosis noted on my PET scan.

Hugs to all.

• kbl

@rlschaller That’s a great report. I hope the spot on the breast gets figured out. I was not going to be able to make the meeting either, but I think I may be able to pop on for a half hour.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 175

@rlschaller That is a great report. My PET also noted diverticulosis and a small hiatal hernia. My gastroenteroligist gave me a RX for 0meprazole (one capsule every morning before breakfast). I have been taking 1 every other day and it has helped. Hope your doctor has a "quick fix" for you too.

• going2beatthis

@kbl - Hope your side effects have the enhertu are barely noticable by now.

I, too, can only stay on for a short time today. See you and @rlschaller soon.

• kbl

@going2beatthis Thank you, Fay. It was good to see you today. Doing well. Next infusion Thursday.

• going2beatthis

@kbl - great to see everyone. Good luck on Thursday. Sending hugs!

• illimae

Well, all good in my body but I've got two new spots in my brain. Extending my stay for another MRI, further discussion and info on a trial my oncologist wants me to consider. I won't know much until Monday. I'm disappointed but not surprised, I got a lot of time from Enhertu.

• kbl

@illimae Ugh. I know you were expecting that to happen at some point. It’s always too soon. I will be thinking of you as you go for the next MRI. 💕

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 40

Thanks for sharing this news. I'm hoping that there is a good trial for you to consider. Sending my best wishes.

• kbl

@illimae Thinking of you. I’m hoping the trial will be a good fit.