Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

1131415161719»

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

@Rosebessie Unfortunately, we had to cancel our visit for this weekend. My husband isn’t feeling well, not Covid related, and it was only going to be for a day and a half, so we’re going to wait for our visit on the 17th. Thank you for asking.

• kbl
    edited October 3

@Rosebessie I went to the meeting yesterday, and Carol was there. She is teaching now, so she doesn’t think she’ll be able to make Monday meetings. She may make some but not all.

I had my visit this morning and was told I’d be seeing the nurse practitioner. I wasn’t happy they didn’t inform me I wouldn’t be seeing the doctor this month. Not a huge deal, I told him I was done, and I’m more interested in the bloodwork numbers, so I’ll see them tomorrow or Monday. I have the next appointment on the 28th to see her.

I took myself today, and on the way home I thought to myself about how I’ve been craving a chocolate eclair. Yep, I stopped and got three of them and three jelly donuts. Why not? 🤣🤣. One down. Sooo good.

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 189

@kbl lol love that you bought the yummy desserts and enjoyed them..and still enjoying them… life is a series of small joys made possible on purpose, one bite at a time. I made cornbread this weekend with real sugar (which I usually don’t eat) and felt the same way, almost a guilty pleasure. So I gained 2 lbs so far cause I’ve eaten some with every meal.

Saw my MO and Surgeon and spoke to the RO yesterday when I went in for my cycle 6 of Trodelvy. My treatment plan is now doing Accelerated Radiation for the whole breast for 5 days. With accelerated radiation they still do the entire 3-5 week regiment, but it’s fit into a shorter one week timespan. I go in for the mapping , CT scan and simulation on Tuesday, and then start treatments a week or so later. I’m excited to do this, as the skin is spreading though the tumor has mostly dissolved. Hoping this does the trick for the skin. We decided to do the accelerated radiation as well, because they do not want to stop the Trodelvy , given the cervical spine Mets possibility of recurring, cannot do rad and chemo at the same time. Plan is to do the radiation on my off week. Then I’ll go back to Trodelvy once the rad is done. I’m glad she is not stopping the Trodelvy yet, I tolerate it well, and since it has done a great job on the tumors I’d like to stay on it until my scans say otherwise.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 189

@kbl - enjoy the éclairs

@rlschaller - best of luck with the radiation.

• kbl

@rlschaller Cornbread sounds yummy too. I’m hoping the radiation helps and am glad you get to stay on Trodelvy.

@going2beatthis I sure am enjoying them. Lol. Hope you’re doing well.

• kbl

Y’all, what the ever-living hell is happening to Florida? Just Noooo!!! In the cone again. I don’t want it to hit Florida at all, but we need a break in north Florida!

• going2beatthis

Crap...we do need a break in Florida 🤞🤞

• going2beatthis

Sorry to miss today's meeting. Preparing for effects of Hurricane Milton. Expect to get a lot of flooding in our area. Keep all of us in your prayers. Thanks.

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 41

Fay, oh, my yes indeed! Thanks for letting us know.

Mary Jane

• going2beatthis
  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,553

Stay safe Fay, KBL, Djamila and any other there. Keep us posted!

• kbl

@going2beatthis @tanya_djamila Please stay safe. I think we will be okay for this one, but my sister and sister-in-law are in Pinellas, and I think Tanya is in Tampa. Fay, the flooding can be the worst. They always say run from the water, hide from the wind. I will be thinking of all of you.

• kbl

@illimae I wanted to tell you I will be thinking about you next Monday. Hugs to you. 💕

• going2beatthis

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Hope that the rain/flooding doesn't prevent me from getting my follow up MRI on Friiday. First one since since my SBRTs in July. Crossing my fingers 🤞🤞that it worked and that the skull lesion is gone!!

@kbl - hope your sister and sister-in-law (and families) are safe in Pinellas.

@Tayna - hope it doesn't hit you and Tampa too bad.

@illimae - good luck with your MRI next Monday. Sending prayers. 🙏🙏

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Thank you!

And good luck to my Florida friends.

• kbl

@going2beatthis Thank you. I’ll be thinking of you too. I’m so nervous about how catastrophic it will be.

• kbl

My sister is okay. In her words, “it was intense.” They had over 10 inches of rain, lost power, and were on the worst side of the storm. Until daylight, the extent of damages won’t be known. The winds got up into the 90s where she was. I’m grateful. I know my daughter’s in-laws have no water and probably no power.

• going2beatthis

All ok here. Some winds but very little rain. Had lots of tornado warnings all day yesterday. Thankfully none touched down near us.

Hope Tanya is okay. Has anyone heard from her?

• kbl

@going2beatthis I wrote Tanya, and she responded. She’s okay. 💕

• going2beatthis

@kbl Thank you for letting us know about Tanya.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

It's good to hear our peeps made it through the storm. I was really worried it wouldn't weaken as forecast.

KBL -your sister says "intense", I hear "scary as sh*t". I hope your extended in-laws get back online soon.

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 189

@kbl and @going2beatthis awesome to read you are both well and hanging in there , and Tanya too. ❤️❤️ I hope the clean up isn’t too terrible when it’s all clear. Big hugs to all.

• kbl

@seeq and @rlschaller Thank you. Yes, scary as sh*t is a good way to describe it.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,553
    edited October 11

@illimae We hate reading this. Hope you get some resolutions soon after your MRI! Sending hugs from all of us here!
    Also, maybe they keep you on Enhertu (like they did Marisol) and add another treatment??

• kbl

@going2beatthis It’s too late to text you. I wanted to say I hope your MRI went well today.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

thank you ladies for all of the support and concern. Just seeing this today. We lost power and internet. Connections were bad for regular calls.
    Thanks again

Tanya

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Had the advanced MRI and they still can’t tell if it’s progression or previous treatment effect, either way it doesn’t seem very concerning at this time. Hopefully, the tumor board has a productive discussion. Thankfully life goes on.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

@illimae - it would have been nice to have a clear answer, but this sounds like good news overall.