Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Comments

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

I love this thread already! and, i know my "post chemo but having SE's and still taking painkillers" butt will be on here often!

BAGAWKKKKKK!!!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

same here, i'm up till around 2, then i take something for sleep. so i will be here too!!!

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696

I'm in until I get my shoulder surgery at the end of the month. I have had interrupted sleep now for heaven knows how long!

• cathmg
    cathmg Member Posts: 12

I have a touch of depression that comes and goes, and along with it trouble with early waking sometimes. I will be sure to check in!

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hi I'm early tonight! Good going SAS - How do we attract the Aussies though?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,875

Hello, everyone glad we are going early. I see nor feel any sleep in site. I post the BCO url on a bunch of threads. I''ll take the 5th on what they were. There are several very funny threads. OMG, The stupidists things people have said, and You know you have cancer when etc...

Take and post the url on any site you are active on-----"all our welcome, all our welcome"--trivial pursuit --what movie is that a line from? had to to with ghosts.

• sas-schatzi

Valgal we'll Pm'em

• sas-schatzi

pm'em sandyAust and SHE

• sas-schatzi

ANNe--the Aromasin is doing it to me , been there with arimidex, seeing the same pattern. Bad thing is my dear sweet dog thinks this is now normal. SO< she, waking me up when I am sleeping. UGGGH

• sas-schatzi

The other night no one was up so I just had a chat with the chickens in the manner of____________(played a psychologist, then and inn keeeper...Known for his hysterical phone conversations)

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hi Everyone.  I would like to join you.  

Anne - I am also one who goes to bed dead tired and end up wide awake and toss and turn.  I go to bed at 10:00 and am up sometimes until way past midnight. Then I have to try and get my tired behind out of bed early the next morning and go to work.  How frustrating is that?   

• sas-schatzi

Jo welcome, I'd rather talk to you than the chickens. Who is the guy i"m trying to think of played opposite of Suzanne Pleshette

• Thatgirl
    Thatgirl Member Posts: 34

I'm having a love hate relationship with this thread. I'm going to be apart of it but some studies say I should be asleep by 10pm. I bought a bottle of melatonin but have yet to take any. I think better at night.

• sas-schatzi

Thatgirl well I am the same way , but I started this thread with the hope that when we want to talk in the middle of the night we can find somone real and not sit here and make conversation with imaginary people---------------welcome

• jo1955

Thanks SAS - Until I found this thread, I was beginning to think I was the only one up this late at night.  

• sas-schatzi

I'm betting there are alot of us, because all the drugs chemo tamox , and AI's all have insomnia as a s.e.

• sas-schatzi

Hit the refresh button at the top that is next to the red x to see if there are any new posts

• jo1955

No only am I on Tamox, I am also on Lyrica for the "neuropathic pains" in my toes and feet.  That is what my onc is calling it since I did not have chemo.  I also have a history of degenerative joint disease and the Tamox is reeking havoc with it - making it so much worse, plus the joint pain from Tamox.  The Lyrica helps some but still have joint pains which keep me awake at night.  Not that I need anymore reason to stay awake.

• sas-schatzi

It might be to early yet. people may actually be gettibg a few zzzzzzzzzzz's or be on there regular threads. who knows how a thread will do. sometimes they take off then other times the dwindle.

• jo1955

All the people on my regular threads have all called it a night.  Party poopers.  LOL

• sas-schatzi

Jo are you to premenopausal. Can't take AI's yet?

• sas-schatzi

12:26 Anne

• sas-schatzi

Well thats the point here . You're still going with no one to talk to. Could be a godsend for us never know. I'm just tired of mindnumbing tv.

• jo1955

SAS - I am post menopausal and tried both Arimidex and Femara.  SEs were too bad - unbelieveable nausea and some disorientation with Femara.  Had to go on Tamox.  

• sas-schatzi

I would just like to suggest we spread the word to other threads that to check here late at night to see if anythings going on when they feel the need. We'll get it going . AND time will tell.

• sas-schatzi

WEll we are off to a good start we are already on pg2. Anne hope the cough is better

• jo1955

I can help you do that.  I know a few night owls.

• sas-schatzi

yes I shouldC&P my chicken talk

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

ok I would love to join this thread too... thought I was going to bed but ummm noooo.. Hi Jo HI Sas!

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hi Jo and Sas and all the other night owls!

I'm not going to be up late tonight cuz I went to the Dr. today and I think I could actually go  to sleep tonight. Did anyone read my story about melatonin. I posted it somewhere...pretty funny..I was dating an off the boat Irish guy who had trouble sleeping so I bought a book about melatonin -Of course he wouldn't read it so I did . He asked me what it said the next day and I told him I couldn't remember cuz I fell asleep ... so he said... well just give me the book then. LOL

Hey Jo! I'm postmeno and on tami too. I never started arimidex. I'm glad now too... since my 2nd brother of 58 years old died from heart problems in December.