Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 10:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 01:30PM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 10:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 01:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1497 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Jul 4, 2014 09:25PM - edited Jul 4, 2014 09:44PM by sas-schatzi

Maddy hugs, you forgot a zero. The count is at the bottom of the page also. At the top of the page is the forum that is linked to the forum page. The threads are listed with the viewing counts. IT overall is one of the very active threads. Like we did not know that, trying to keep up with reading. So,is warm and fuzziness..Yay teka

Little  goats I keep forgetting about the library in the Kindle until I post and reread the post. Some are really funny.  It is a bit difficult to leave the missed words. But I will get better at it.  Then allow everyone to decipher code.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 4, 2014 09:41PM wren44 wrote:

SAS, Be glad it's not an iphone. It's spell correct tends to change things to something sexual. 

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Jul 4, 2014 09:48PM - edited Jul 4, 2014 09:53PM by 2nd_time_around

Sassy, thanks, made the correction. Those silly little zeroes. 

Never knew about checking thread counts (and not sheet sets) from the top forum name. Learn something new every day. 

**AKA 2TA ** Any day I wake up, it's a good day. ~ ~ "You don't know strength until strength is the only choice you have." (Author unknown)..... Yes, this is my 2nd occurrence, not recurrence; 1st in 1996, 2nd in 2012, bilateral recon in 2012

Jul 4, 2014 10:54PM sas-schatzi wrote:

WREN hmm the iPhone changes it to something sexual. Odd. That is done by the programmers. Correct. Wow what an observation. It would seem someone would think that was not proppper.

Maddy, between auto correct and wiping myself out by hitting the back arrow instead of the return word. Having lots of fun with this. ....those pesky zeroes.

Jul 4, 2014 11:07PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Any other oddity about the numbers? Thinking lottery picks. We had 7/4/2014,500,15000,30

Jul 4, 2014 11:22PM blessings2011 wrote:

Ahhh... Fourth of July almost over in Cali and I didn't suffocate from the fumes or get eaten alive by skeeters.

DH BBQ'd a nice turkey and blue cheese burger (I added grilled tomatoes and grilled onions) on a soft, squishy gluten-free bun. I'd also made some cole slaw and macaroni salad, and a peach jello dessert. Of course, I fell asleep right after we ate, but did wake up enough to go out and water the back garden. DH got the front. It was 107 here today... everyone was thirsty.

Around 9 pm the fireworks started at the local high school. From our back yard, our big redwoods kind of hide them, so we took our chairs over to the neighbors across the street and watched from their driveway. They're such fun folks!

Then the big fireworks stopped, and all the little kids came out to do their own in the street. Unfortunately, our SWEET next door neighbors  had some relatives who brought bottle rockets (illegal in Cali) and set one off that came all the way across the street, not to mention showering our trees and the front of our house with sparks.

DH got up and yelled "Next one the goes off like that one - we call the police!"

What's funny is that it was totally dark, and they probably think it was the neighbor yelling. 

They knew they were in trouble; they were already running in the house when he bellowed at them. I expect the mom will be over tomorrow full of apologies.

Well, that's all the excitement for now.. gotta go to bed, because in my insanity, I arranged for the landscaper to show up at 9 am tomorrow morning. I'm such an idiot!

Hope all you Owlies have a nice peaceful evening!!!

xoxoxoxo

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2011 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Surgery 8/21/2012 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/21/2013 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2021 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx IDC: Papillary, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 5, 2014 04:20AM chevyboy wrote:

Morning gals!  I think I'm having trouble posting... at least I tried, and nothing happened.... I'll try once more... Okay, never mind, seems to be okay now, since I hit "preview" and part of it showed up.

Which browser are you gals using?  I use AOL, but it is slow, and always hangs up...  but I really like their format for email, and their "Farorites" which you can store, and also their tool-bar, which you can put your Favorite places up there, for one-click access.

I also have Chrome, and IE.... but I don't use them as much...

Maybe I just need another computer?  This one is about 12 years old...  I only need the tower/modem part, because this is a new large monitor... 

If I bought a Mac, is that the best?   But expensive? 

2222T!  I love the little pole-dancin' Pup....!  Ha, ha! 

Hope all your dogs survived another 4th!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 5, 2014 04:32AM camillegal wrote:

Good morning having my 5th today----

I see u'r all easing me out of conversations talking about computers, but that won't work, cuz Chevy acts like she know them and tries to fit in at least I don't act like it I admit it. But I know she doesn't have a clue.

Sounds like everyone had a safe one and I'm so glad, it knocked me out, so if I'm not on tile later don/ worry just tired today, that's all.

Some Holidays I like it when it's over, this is one of them???????? Don't know why, maybe cuz it's mixed emotional type of thing. Yes I do get emotional, not often but occasionally.

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Jul 5, 2014 04:58AM chevyboy wrote:

Well, mornin' miss emotional!  No, I don't know what I am talking about usually, but do we care? 

I just ordered a new Dell Inspiron windows 8 computer/tower....!  It has 4000 gigabytes of ram or room or something important, and maybe I will actually figure out how it works someday!

I am so tired of this old computer....!  

I don't care for the 4th either....  And I can't hear a thing, so I am happy, with no noise...  Didn't it scare your dog or cat? 

I sounded pretty intelligent in that last post, eh?  Ha, ha!  You just crack me up!  I can fool you, can't I?

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 5, 2014 05:05AM camillegal wrote:

Well Chevy u sounded brilliant--for a moment in time. But I'm proud of u cuz that moment will be rememberd by all.

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Page 1497 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Scroll to top button