Join Us

We are 217,480 members in 84 forums discussing 160,584 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1499 of 1,502 (45,043 results)

Posts 44941 - 44970 (45,043 total)

Mar 16, 2019 02:00AM sas-schatzi wrote:

So my sweet Loverly, what was it that helped you :) It's amazing we end up back at the same time. Blessings. Blessing to everyone. I may be able to stay, I think. I'll try. 
I've read since I have left.

Jwoo love to see you here fairly often. Touchy, How's the boyfriend?  Did you find a home for each piece of glass?. Regretfully, after I sent your glass I stopped sending glass. The postage was horrendous. Please, , don't feel guilty, it was my choice. Probably could be much cheaper if I learned it. I was happy to send yours, but after that and Susan3's  oh no. It was so much fun for you both.

Smarrty can't believe you remembered that Steve and Jamie were due on the date you posted. She was induced on Jan 19th. 

Sawyer Andrew Spaid, 7 Lbs 14 oz, 21 inches. Everyone did fine and all are healthy. They are adjusting fine. I've only been to Tampa once. Bummer. But accepting that we can't have everything.

BUT it brings memories , my mom came to stay and I had her have her cataract workup. She then came back and had her cataracts done. I had her for many months. YAY YAY YAY. Gertie was the greatest treasure. Then about a two years later mom and dad came to live with us. 

Now if there is a mathematical person amongst us, my question is : What is the probability that three generations are born in the 34th year? Mom was 34 when she had us(twins), I was 34 when I had Stephen, and Stephen & Jamie were 34 when they had Sawyer. So far I have asked that question to many and no takers to solve the problem . But I do know there is a mathematical nerd someplace in the world that can figure it out. Hahahaha.

Kathindc, so wish you had my cataract doc. I had it two weeks ago, In at 1pm, out at 3pm. piece of cake. Next eye they aren't so excited to do b/c of hx of wet macular. But I'm working on them. The NEW eye has 20/30 and the old eye comes across like the mirrors in the old carnival show. Doc was talking 6 months. I'm pushing, but even at this point with the retinologist and the opthamoligist talking , I figure 5-6 weeks.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Mar 17, 2019 11:59AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Mar 17, 2019 01:53PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hi Mommy. "Silly McNoodles"

Mar 17, 2019 05:01PM - edited Mar 17, 2019 05:03PM by Loveroflife

I am Timid O'doodles and my 80 % Irish twin from another mother is Silly O'doodles. Hibernating is her hobby.

Ms. Sas, what was it that helped me? His abundant grace :)

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Mar 17, 2019 06:24PM queenmomcat wrote:

Sas: glad to see you pop up after so long. Just don't ask me about probabilities; I'm taking statistics for the second time this semester. TI-84 calculator on the brain.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Mar 18, 2019 01:44PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

I was Adorable McWobbles

Mar 23, 2019 12:32AM Smaarty wrote:

nice to see some posting, I shouldn’t talk. Hard to be on here after several sisters passed.

On the baby front, DGD is 7x1/2 months. Says she ready to pop. She didn’t go full term the first time, so she didn’t get this big before. Poor baby, she’s still has a ways to go! This was 2 weeks ago. His name will be Jace Arthur, due May 12

Dx 4/29/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/31/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Surgery 10/28/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 2/3/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/5/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 1/24/2017

Mar 23, 2019 11:37AM Loveroflife wrote:

Two more months? Poor girl. She looks ripe.

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Mar 23, 2019 11:39AM Loveroflife wrote:

Too bad this is not my child's.

Mar 23, 2019 05:45PM feelingfeline wrote:

Smaarty wonderful news! Best wishes XXX

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/8/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/3/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/6/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 23, 2019 05:46PM feelingfeline wrote:

Lover ha! Not my child's either.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/8/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/3/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/6/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Mar 23, 2019 07:24PM - edited Mar 23, 2019 07:24PM by M0mmyof2

Lover, that is hilarious

Mar 27, 2019 12:10PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Just looked at the date and realized that I am celebrating 6 yrs of survival!

Mar 27, 2019 03:35PM karen1956 wrote:

Yeah mommy!!!

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Mar 27, 2019 05:00PM Loveroflife wrote:

MOMMY~Celebrating with you behind the screen Nerdy

Mar 27, 2019 06:05PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Thanks gals!

Apr 2, 2019 03:31AM LinnyG wrote:

well, here I am wide awake again. Pn anastrozole. I fall asleep around 10, then up by midnight. There's a cycle to it: 2 or 3 hrs of sleep for 4 or 5 nights. Then, I guess I'm exhausted and I get whole 5 or 6hrs., interrupted by hot flashes. Then the cycle starts over. I take Benadryl, melatonin, essential oil, Sleepytime tea every night. I exercise about 8 or 9 hrs/wk, always in morning. Never nap. This is torture! Will call onc tomorrow. Maybe trazadone. Do not want Ambien. We are on 'vacation' and with adult son and grandson. Trying to keep upbeat. But holy cow. I want sleep! Thanks for listening.

Apr 6, 2019 12:07PM Beatmon wrote:

It seems that most of us are searching desperately for sleep, myself included. Misery

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Apr 6, 2019 12:12PM - edited Apr 6, 2019 12:33PM by sas-schatzi

Sleep  Oh Glorious Sleep. Hi Linny You are doing all the right things. If you try trazadone, would you let me know what you think. I have to change what I'm doing.
Ya know that info about benzo's messing with short term memory. I will attest to the fact that it does. I take Ativan to sleep need to get off it

Smarrty she looks so good. Love the name. So strong. 

Loverly very funny.

Queenie. STATS class is AWFUL. I never even attempted. Kudois to you for even attempting. A definite celebration is in the future when you are done.

Mommy congrats YAYYAYYAY 6years.

Cataract #1 doing good. 

Only I could get a sore from facial waxing, on a drug. No more waxing.
 New cancer, Basal cell on my nose, MOHs surgery Tues.  Little bitty thing. Hope the base is itty bitty.

hearing aids are coming along. Going to get the bell.s and whistles Starkey. But the revelation is I need to get a CELL PHONE. I've resisted so long. I -phone 6 or better. I will have son work on the phone part. They have this app that allows for all kinds of things. I figure I've waited 50 years, I'm going for the lambourghini of hearing aids.

Family gathering to see Sawyer today. I' will try for some pictures with my kindle.

Donnie got a haircut. Looks so handsome when he does. Anyone who has read Harry Potter knows his hair is suppose to be in disarray all the time. That's my Donnie.

Hugs

Apr 9, 2019 06:26PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Was having a pretty good day until I got news that a cousin of mine passed away. Didn’t even know she had been sick. I am shattered

Apr 10, 2019 07:18PM queenmomcat wrote:

Sassy: I'll let you know when I'm done with stats. It better be this semester! 'cause I'm not doing this bleep class again. If all goes right, I'm going to 'walk' with a Business-IT track degree in May and double back for a Computer Science applications development class from Local Community College

MommyOf2: I'm so sorry to hear this. Shattered doesn't begin to cover my reaction if this happened to me.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Apr 10, 2019 07:28PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Thanks qmc. Still trying to process it.

Apr 17, 2019 04:59PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Apr 21, 2019 03:17PM CeliaC wrote:

Wild Peep here - hahaha! Hello to all and happy spring!

Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/21/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/5/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 5, 2019 09:27AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Getting so sick of all the rain we have been getting. I need ☀️!

May 5, 2019 02:33PM mnsotamom74 wrote:

Does anyone else not sleep in the bed with their spouse/significant other anymore? I had my ovaries removed April 3rd and instant menopause on top of starting anastrozole two weeks ago has my already life long issues with insomnia to be that much worse. I have found that when I do fall asleep, I'm easily awoken by light, sounds, etc.(even when using a sleep mask and ear plugs) and my husband wakes me up and then he's sound asleep happily while I'm wide awake. Two weeks ago I began sleeping in a different room and it's not perfect sleep but it's much better than it was. On top of this my depression/anxiety (also life long issues) have been beyond bad, seeing a psychiatrist to work on the best anti depressants, although she has said, I'm going to have to also fight like hell since there is no magic pill that is going to completely take all this away. I feel so bad. I've been married 26 years and cancer was bad enough but now all this other crap. I finally understand why after my mom's bc diagnosis and being put on Aromisin 8 years ago, she and my dad have separate bedrooms (same issue for her with sleep). I never wanted this for my marriage and we're still intimate, but I feel beyond guilty for not being able to share a bed at night with my husband, but so desperate for some sleep. I just wanted to know if it's just me. Thanks for letting me vent.

Dx 10/25/2018, DCIS/IDC/IDC: Cribriform, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 11/5/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 1/7/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/4/2019 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 6, 2019 02:43PM Oceanbum wrote:

Hello! New to this thread.

My hubby and I started sleeping in different rooms when I had my BMX. He was afraid of bumping into me in the night and hurting me so he started sleeping in the spare room. Then as I started having insomnia it just made it easier for me to have my own space. If he got up or even turned over it would wake me up. He gets up for work around 4:00 in the morning and that wasn't helpful with my insomnia either. So it just made sense to continue our current sleeping arrangement. We've been married 36 years, we are still totally in love and completely committed to each other. So much so that we choose to sleep in different rooms.

Becky ~ "Sometimes we're tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths." Surgery 11/2/2000 Dx 3/6/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/21/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 4/21/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 4/21/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 4/21/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/5/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/25/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy 10/3/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 12/15/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/20/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy 12/6/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/7/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 9, 2019 02:01PM Beatmon wrote:

We also are in separate bedrooms due to terrible sleep problems. I hate it

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

May 12, 2019 11:09AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

To all the moms out there including Pet Moms and for the moms in Heaven, a very Happy Mother's Day!

May 12, 2019 01:28PM gailmary wrote:

I thought we'd end up in separate bedrooms soon but then i stopped the aromatase inhibitor. I was very sad about the prospect. I think my chances were good of starting the night together but after waking, often cause I'm hot, I'd switch to the vacant cooler bed. Who would have thought that the cancer could affect even that aspect of our lives.

I will admit here some of my sleep interruptions are due to a noisy cat wanting attention. He will be leaving us in another week or so.

A lifeling insomniac,

GAILMARY

Dx 11/25/2008, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 4/13/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole)

Page 1499 of 1,502 (45,043 results)