Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression, and other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 10:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 01:30PM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 10:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 01:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1499 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Jul 5, 2014 12:52PM spookiesmom wrote:

not sure I can 'splain this. My iPhone backs up to iCloud only over wifi. All the stuff on my phone is in the cloud. If my phone ever dies, gets lost etc, I can retrieve all that info. It's like a backup for your hard drive. 

Jul 5, 2014 01:14PM chevyboy wrote:

I know Wren....  Steve called her, and said "Why didn't you call me?"  And she told him because I was closer! 

He just called me back....  He is taking her to Emergency, because even after taking those BP pills for about 4-5 days now, it is still really high...  So the Doc said, maybe they didn't get to the bottom of her problem.

And YES, she IS spoiled, by her whole family!  She has her Grand-daughter, and her Son and DIL....  She has another DIL, but she is fighting for her life right now, with brain cancer and chemo.....  

She has had someone take her places her whole LIFE, because she would not drive.   So I'm just hoping Steve finds out that she can NOT stay home alone anymore.  That she needs more care than they can give her!   

So it IS their problem, but you know, sometimes I just feel bad for her, because she looks so pitiful when I go up.....  She COULD move into the same Assisted Living place where her DH is, but she doesn't want to live in the same room!  Then can afford 2 rooms though!  So we'll see.... 

Thanks....  And JWow works for Mac, and said I could ask her questions!    Don't you just hate to try and figure things out?  I can DO it always, but my brain gets tired!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 5, 2014 01:14PM - edited Jul 5, 2014 01:24PM by sas-schatzi

Owls my dear Lovey's the worst is over. About ten minutes into the hour drive. The bladder pelvic floor started miss behaving. Grit and grimace. All the way there I kept thinking turn around. At the door thought maybe ask the manager for a rain check. Standing symptoms improved. Got the machine bought. Details for input later. 

E.T. is on. Have not seen it since first out. Pain meds and a couple piggies on board.

Opened Bill from Quest on arrival home. $1771 for second consult and testing. This bill tells me that the pathologist did not get insurance approval. I know you all know this means months of work to solve the problem of payment. I once fought a $13 Bill for two years because someone screwed up. Ridiculous but it was the principal of the matter.

This is the same pathologist that twice missed everything on both biopsy and at thyroid removal.

The gloves are coming off, or is it the gloves are going on. Oh well, the battle commences.

E.T on.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 5, 2014 01:17PM chevyboy wrote:

Okay Spookie, my Phone Co. said I have wi-fi, with my modem!  I didn't know that!   I didn't USED to, because I could not up-load my Nook-books to my Nook, but my neighbor came over, and she put in her wi-fi number?   And I could!  

So I don't know if I need iCloud, or even what it is!  Ha! 

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 5, 2014 01:51PM - edited Jul 5, 2014 02:40PM by sas-schatzi

Commercial.

Chevy before I open box I am going to put model number here a d get  those opinions that I can from friends here.  Dbbf could not believe I bought this so fast. We'll feelings of bladder spasms and pain  hurries decision-makers 

Hewlet Packard Pavillion lap top.  11.6 inch. Weight less than two lbs. Windows 8.1. Beats audio. 4096mb. Ddr 3 .sdrm. wylan and Bluetooth. Intel processor. Internal camera.

Okay techies what do you think? My needs only searching,posting,email. Pic storage eventually. Wanted high mobility and comfort. Ability to connect to my tech support.

Paws. Why don't you like windows 8?

Jul 5, 2014 02:15PM chevyboy wrote:

She don't like Windows 8?  I am used to using Windows, but Vista is what it says.... See how much I don't know?   This new Dell I ordered is coming with Windows 8.

What Browsers do you guys use?  I mean for speed and efficiency? 

I also have external speakers hooked up, so I can get better sound when I play my iTunes or music downloads!  

Do you have a printer hooked up?  I have an all-in-one, but no Fax with it.... I would be LOST without my printer!

Jul 5, 2014 03:00PM badger wrote:

hi owls, been busy with a project at work and not here much this week so many pages behind.  I'm on a Dell desktop still running Windows XP.  Have IE (for DH) and Chrome (for me) browers.  One of these years we'll upgrade but this PC has been such a great workhorse it'll be hard to match.  I don't have a smart phone so maybe a tablet ...  will think about it.  ♥ to all ((hugs))

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 5, 2014 03:14PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hi badger . Lots happening here. My big deal stuff , passed a bladder stone and computer overheated and fried. Everyone is trying to help with both. Love the owls.

Chevy, I use internet explorer and chrome. I had the big Dell. It was sons when he went to FIX (FSU) in 2003. Learned I did not need that. I like little in this area and big in other areas.

Jul 5, 2014 03:25PM badger wrote:

Sassy, glad both are in past tense!  This was on W&F, love it. ♥ 

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 5, 2014 04:11PM luvmygoats wrote:

Chevy - we have the external speakers. We run like Blessings does Mozilla Firefox browser; DH tried Google Chrome and was not impressed. Firefox was reported to be less hacked than Internet Explorer (IE for short) mainly because fewer people used it and hackers didn't bother so much to hack it since it wasn't so common. I bet we haven't used IE in 15 years or so. DH recommends Windows Essentials for virus protection. Says once you get your net hooked up it is a free download. Have a Brother Fax/Scanner/Copier - love it but it is a little big. Sits on fireplace hearth we never use.

What I've heard about Windows 8 is there are no "windows" but I've never seen it run. Heaven help us when this PC dies. Sassy did you get to hold the laptop? I think DH's is really heavy but then I haven't had that much exp. with them. He had a Panasonic Tough Book that you could have used for a weapon it was so heavy/durable. They did use it on the battlefields. Have now Desktop Acer about 4 years old, DH's laptop is a Gateway about 2 years old. Both run Windows 7.

Sassy - glad now that the worst is over. No more stones, you hear?

Susan - sounds like a busy good time. Sending my love.

SNB & Lumpectomy 2/21/12. Opted for no Oncotype due to very favorable pathology. 90% ER+. Rads finished 5/23/12. 28 + 5 boosts Dx 2/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/20/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/8/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/7/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1499 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Scroll to top button