Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression, and other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1503 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Jul 6, 2014 10:39AM - edited Jul 6, 2014 10:39AM by badger

Susan, pretty sweater, you are very talented.

Bring lots of towels LOL or maybe a change of clothes?

Reminds me of those color runs, where you get hit with colored corn starch at various stations along the route.  Start out white and end up a rainbow.  Try getting THAT out of the upholstery.

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 6, 2014 11:46AM PattyPeppermint wrote:

Susan - wonderful sweater. Great job. 

To God be the glory! Live, laugh, love... Life is way too short. Dx 6/2013, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/5/2013 Bone Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/1/2015 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 7/1/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Jul 6, 2014 11:48AM gardengumby wrote:

Blessings - so sorry to hear about your fall.  Please get to the doctor soonest to find out what's wrong!!

Chevy - my MIL got a Windows 8 computer.  I set it up for her and was ready to throw it in the ocean.  She got a Windows 8 for dummies book AND went to a short class that was offered somewhere or other.  She really likes it now.  There is apparently a way to make it act like Windows 7.  I haven't given up my Windows 7 laptop yet, but will probably have to purchase a new one over the next year.  (I'm holding out as long as possible) and whenever you get a new 'puter - you get the latest software - so maybe Windows 9 will be out by the time we purchase.

As for browsers, I use IE and Chrome interchangeably.  I like them both.  IE used to be more worrisome, but the later versions have all been pretty safe.  I have Mozilla on my PC as well, but don't use it quite as much.  It's VERY VERY important to keep your computer and everything on it patched properly.  So, if you don't stick with Microsoft's IE, be sure to set up your browser to patch itself.  It's also really important to have good virus protection and spyware protection.  Windows Essentials is pretty good.  Avast is good. too.  The free version, of course, doesn't give you as much as the one you pay for. Also, be sure to schedule a cleaning of your PC, so that it is scanned regularly - at least once a week.  I use about four different "cleaners" on mine, as each has their own strengths.  Something that Avast will miss, Windows Essentials might find, and vice versa.

BRCA1 & 2 negative - 3 family members. Oncotype 14. DCIS 7.5 cm, intermediate Dx 10/28/2010, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jul 6, 2014 12:03PM spookiesmom wrote:

Sas, will you still be doing Moffitt?  Will call around 5-6 tonite

Jul 6, 2014 12:16PM FierceBluebird wrote:

so happy to hear Phyllaluckygirls news! 

Susan, beautiful sweater and love the color! 

Blessings maybe talking to an OT or PT might be able to give you some tips or tricks for keeping your sea legs? That must be so frustrating and scary.

Speaking of "falls" had a great day yesterday kayaking with hubby and our dog. Then i went to a healing mass with a charismatic priest. I was pretty skeptical  and didnt know what to believe. I was raised in a traditional (stuffy) catholic church. But I  had a healing and i fell down! They have catchers so you dont get hurt. It was really an amazing experience. 

When I feel fear, I go where the wood duck rests his beauty on the water and the heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not live with grief. Above me stars are waiting with their light. I rest in God’s grace and am free.

Jul 6, 2014 12:34PM spookiesmom wrote:

FBB great you have a flotation device!!! Where is the pooches?

Jul 6, 2014 01:13PM Pawprint wrote:

Good morning owlettes,

I'm so sorry you fell down Blessings and glad you're going to see the doc and find out what's causing this. Be extra careful, in fact just stay off your feet today and rest.

Chevy, I agree with you about learning the computer. When something is new and different it takes awhile to learn, but then it becomes second nature to us and easy.

Nettie, you and your family are beautiful, including your fur baby.

Susan, love the sweater you knitted. I wish you strength and energy on your trip tomorrow.

I know I missed a lot of you. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. Hugs to all. Hi 2nd :)

Dx 6/10/2010, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/13/2010 Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 11/6/2010 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Jul 6, 2014 02:37PM wren44 wrote:

Blessings, So sorry about your fall! We have a friend who's concussion symptoms didn't show up for weeks, so your earlier fall could still be the culprit. I agree that an OT person might be able to give you lessons on safer walking. I seem to be able to trip over my own feet; hard to get rid of that obstacle.

FBB, What kind of dog is that? Shiba inu? That just looks so relaxing.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed. Chemotherapy 6/17/2022 Other Surgery Lumpectomy (Right) Surgery Mastectomy (Right)

Jul 6, 2014 02:48PM chevyboy wrote:

Oh wait!  You guys didn't tell Peppermint what a PITA was!  Ha, ha!  It stands for Pain In The A$$!  And boy that's what she is!  But she hasn't called today.... yet. 

When I look back over the years, she has ALWAYS been the same!  Mostly because she is dependant on EVERYbody, sicnce she chose to never drive.    But now her DH is in a Home, because he can't take care of himself, so she has no-one to talk to.... except her family and me....

I should get her some movies.... Ha!  She said she can't get the Playboy channel like she used to!  Winking  And NO, I did NOT tell her about that!

FBB!  Do you feel "different?"  WTH happened?  It sounds like an exorcism, and I don't even believe in those!   They probably hit you over the head like with a rubber mallet!   Just go sit in a chair, before you do that again!

Spookie.... I think most dogs can swim!  Can't they?  Except THAT one looks pretty leery!

LittleGardens.... I figure if I just learn one or two things a day, I can master it in no-time...!    I am used to Windows anyway....   I just want to make sure all the extra stuff is saved, on that flash-drive, and I don't have to download it onto my new computer...  I'm going to look up why people don't like Windows 8 so much.....

Beautiful sweater Susan!  That takes talent.... and the ability to "count" I suppose.... When I crochet those scarves,  I only have to count to 12.... Ha

Badger.... That was funny!  Lions, and Tigers, and shards, oh my!  Like from her stones!  At least I got it!   

I am just a whiz.  Can't WALK worh a lick, but  I am trying to pay more attention as to WHAT I am about to step on!  It is just too easy to twist your ankle, on something that springs up in your path....!  See.... something like THIS!    I mean it could make your ankle twist, and down you go!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 6, 2014 03:51PM chevyboy wrote:

I just downloaded a book....  Windows 8 for Dummies!  It was free from the Dell on-line chat I talked to!   A Dell Pocket Book!    Maybe you guys with Windows 8 would like that? 

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1503 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Scroll to top button