We are 204,718 members in 81 forums discussing 148,333 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Humor and Games → Topic: how about drinking?

Topic: how about drinking?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 10:40AM

JanieMarie wrote:

Where did our thread go? Is anyone out there from our drinking group? Did I miss something - like we became too offesive or ...well, drunk?

I would love to hear from you gals!

Janie Log in to post a reply

Page 1798 of 1,837 (55,102 results)

Posts 53911 - 53940 (55,102 total)

Oct 18, 2017 08:14AM goldie0827 wrote:

Chevy, do you have an appt to get that schnoz looked at?

Jazzy, the smoke we have is from controlled burns in the forests here in AZ. Surely they do those in NM to? No asthma here! Thank gooness! Ending any kind of treatment is always good, or follow ups. After I hit my 5 year mark, I told my onc I wanted to stay on 6 month check ups.Pretty cool that stay you did in the VI. I highly doubt it's still there after the hurricane. The park took a good hit, but all the island did.

NM, you mentioned working at hospice without any incidences! Amazing! Interesting about service dogs and potty schedules. LOL at your comment about Chevy having a way with words. I could listen to her and Cami all day long. It's been a month and a half and still no power on St. John.

Illona, I think Memasue had headaches too, which led to the discovery of brain mets. I wonder if that is always the case? Hoping the radiation kills all of those little RB's. (RB-Rat BasTURD)

Cami, my daughter was intviewed for the article, she didn't write it. LOL about Chevy's nose. Do you know what chemo Les is on? My hair started to fall out exactly 2 weeks after I started chemo.

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 18, 2017 08:36AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 10:57AM by Teka

This Post was deleted by Teka.
Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.

Oct 18, 2017 09:50AM Chevyboy wrote:

Yes Goldie... In one week!  You know, I tried and tried to figure out what is wrong with it now...  I thought it was maybe polyps, caused from that face plant...  But now I think I might have hit it so hard, it sort of broke, or caused a deviated septum...  I'm going to go get some of those "Breathe Right" nasal strips, because if I hold it open, I can breathe better...  It doesn't hurt...  And after I did it, I kept ice on it...  but after reading all about it, I'll bet that's what I did...  

I know the nasal sprays are bad...  So I'll try and not use them...  It wouldn't help the problem if it IS what I think it is...  Except they DO reduce the swelling somehow....  

Now Cam...  At least I didn't fall on my nose whilst pole-dancing.... at midnight.... in the alley....  and you were standing there all naked and laughing and trying to get the cars to stop...  Scared them 1/2 to death!   The Police were really nice to you.... considering.....  Sorry they took you away so fast like that....  I felt bad, seeing you hauled away in the back of the Police Car, screaming out the back window....  Did you get any of their numbers?  Thought so.

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Oct 18, 2017 11:34AM Dara_Diverse wrote:

Pooping in for a minute whiles eating mese lunch.

Lori, great article, Bless your daughter for helping as she did.

LMAO and the chat between Cam and ED.

ED, sorry about the nose, looks so ouchy. Hope you get it bixed all up.

Best wishes going out to ya Ill and Mema, prayers and hugs to you goils and to all mese goils for dat matter.

Hi to everyone too!

Gotta fly

chEeRs!

"Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS! Dx 6/1/2010, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 18, 2017 01:40PM - edited Oct 18, 2017 11:41PM by ChiSandy

Chevy, was gonna suggest that the fall might have broken your nose just enough to deviate your septum—Bob was born with one and if the sinuses on the “good" side clog up he can't breathe through his nose. If those strips work for you, then you probably don't have one or it's not completely deviated. See an ENT anyway. (DS surgery isn't for everyone—Bob opted out when he was younger because recovery can be worse than the original symptoms).

DDS yesterday said my pain was not dental-related and probably either due to a low-grade infection or salivary gland problems—should see an ENT once I'm done with my upcoming trips this and next week.

Speaking of which, I've procrastinated packing for my IA City trip today (conference is tomorrow thru Sunday), so I'd better get cracking. My room is paid for, so if I get a late start driving today, no biggie. Only a four hr drive. But hit the ground running tomorrow—part of the Songs for Seniors caravan (others are depending on me since I'm providing a PA and one of the rides, & we gather in the lobby at—ugh—8 am). This is gonna be my last “Folk Music Hunger Games"—getting too old & lazy for this chit. Late night showcases and sadistically early-morning breakfasts & panels. Had I not prepaid and volunteered for stuff, I'd have backed out.

So if I'm silent around here till Sun. night, when I return, no need to worry.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 18, 2017 02:21PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Good morning in to afternoon friends- into my on the go day and started with breakfast with a fellow music friend and cancer survivor. My friend is doing fine for the most part, a bit tired but who isn't? I know most of you can relate to that on some level. Got another resume sent off for another opportunity in the pacific northwest and hoping to get some phone interviews next. This afternoon is work on the house time and more decluttering. We may get some rain tomorrow.

Goldie- yes we do have the prescribed burns. Although we have mountain nearby, most of those burns are further north and tend to be more in the spring. We do have some big farm fire in the valley south of year and been warned about smoke in the air but don't smell a darned thing so must be far enough away with winds going elsewhere?

And yes, I bet Cinnamon Bay got creamed in that storm. I have fond memoires of the beaches on St. John, my first tropical paradise ever. So beautiful. I am glad your DD is getting some help from FEMA. We are not hearing as much about the hurricane stuff like we had been.

NM- how is your hump day sister? Miss Sadie too?

Cami- yes, trying to make the best of all the opps. I am in a prime time for some juicy new contracts. Between Oct to March is the best time to find project work in what I do. In the zone.....

Dara, dara, DARA- hi girlfriend! Hope things are going well and thanks for pooping in.

Chevy- did you get checked out by a doctor or CNP to be sure you did not break anything?

Teka- I saw on the news there were some people in an airport trying to build the tallest donut structure and break a world record? Something like only 3 1/2 feet is the record. Then what, you eat them all? Those donuts look good.

Well, ha ha on me, got to the pool to swim today and forgot to bring my bathing suit! Usually I put it on before I go, but thought I had packed it after getting home from morning apt and errands. Duh! Not enough time to go back and get it and make it worth the time. So I will go tomorrow. Too much going on today I think? The leaves are turning down by the river and will go walk down there later before music class. The pool will be there for me tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a good rest of this wonky Wednesday!

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/7/2013 Breast Radiation Therapy 2/25/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 18, 2017 04:31PM Chevyboy wrote:

Hey gals...  Yeah Sandy, that's what I'm thinking...  and no, even if I have that, I won't have surgery...It didn't really bother me when it first happened...  just later on...  One of the sites mentioned the strips might help...  for that.

But I'm going next Tuesday...  I have to get a referral from her if I have to see an ENT anyway.  I'm still lucky that's all I did!

The leaves are all so beautiful here...  Bright yellow, red and bronze!   And the sun-rise this morning was amazing!  So many things to make you happy...Smile

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Oct 18, 2017 11:47PM - edited Oct 18, 2017 11:49PM by ChiSandy

Just checking in after a 5-hr drive and a nail-biter of a game (much of it spent trying to get engineering to make the channel work on my TV). DOTD was a glass of Domaine Chandon Brut (which I brought up to my room to eat with my to-go sashimi from the new sushi bar next to the hotel). Was quite appropriate because the Cubs are stayin' alive (and won't face the humiliation of losing a 4-game sweep at home). Can't watch Game 6, because conference showcases start tom'w night.

Off to bed now--gotta be up by 7; and dressed, caffeinated (if not fed) and in the lobby by 8. My first showcase is at 1:30 am. (Hope I can nap after lunch).

And in 12 min. it'll be Bob's 68th birthday. (We'll celebrate in Vegas next week, along with Gordy's 33d).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 19, 2017 06:13AM camillegal wrote:

Mornin' Ladies.

Well Chevy I have to say I got everyone of those cops numbers and did whatever I could for the uniform, but as long as u didn't get arrested it was worth it. Very worth it.

Leslie went to the Dr. yesterday and again things are worse now she's a full blown stage III and might be going to a stage IV, She had a test at another hospital about 4 yrs ago so they compared and this Dr. wondered why they never called her back, cuz she saw 2 lymph nodes that were lit up, so she couldn't figure that one out. Leslie is in a stupor cuz apparently they cleared her and told her she was good for another 5 yrs before she needed another mammo. WTF---this is crazy now. Lori she started with the Red Devil and another one and the Dr. told her after her 2nd one she'll be loosing her hair. So she's doing another shop day to find one she really likes--but the Dr. did say we don't like to call it the red devil, but no one knows it's name, cu that's what I called it. I feel more worried now than before, they just keep on finding more in there everytime they do anything. I'm glad she's focusing on her wig right now so that's main in her head Oh this is all chit, the RB.

I have to try to get some sleep I don't want Les to think I'm more worried than I am.

LUBS U ALL

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Oct 19, 2017 07:09AM goldie0827 wrote:

Illona, praying for you that the one zap does the trick.

Teka, need some cider to go with dem donuts.

OMG Chevy, I am cracking up as you "watch Cami get hauled away". I mentioned earlier that you guys remind me of Lucy and Viv, I meant Lucy and Ethel. What show was Vivian on?

Jazzy, I think its cuz the news is focused on the fires in CA. But you are right, nothing more on the Vegas killings, the earth quake in Mexico. Nothing on the islands, except maybe some about PR, nothing on TX.

Awww Cami, big hugs for you, of course you are worried about your baby. I am so sorry to hear this. And especially the fact that the doc says she saw the nodes on the old mammo. Sort of reminds me of what happened to me. In the end, we still have cancer, but it could have been caught sooner. I thing the Red Devil is the Adriamycin, and then she is probably on Taxol or Taxotere.

To go with those donuts Teka brought to the lounge.

Apple Cider Mimosas

Apple Cider Mimosas. This is the best and easiest cocktail for Fall! Apple Cider loves Champagne :) | The Cookie Rookie

Ingredients

• Apple Cider
  • Champagne
  • gold and silver sprinkles for rim of glass (optional)
  • apple slices for garnish (optional)

Instructions

1. Dip the top of each champagne glass into water and then dip in the sprinkles to coat.
  2. Pour each champagne glass 1/2-3/4 full with apple cider.
  3. Top with champagne
  4. Enjoy!

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 19, 2017 07:47AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Thirsty Thursday! Waiting for the repairman to come and fix the garage doors today. I really miss the convenience of having the car in the garage. No waiting for frost to melt off or to scrape it off, car is relatively warm when I get it in, better flight of stairs to carry stuff up into the house from the garage. I'm really appreciating having the dishwasher back in working order, too. Somethings are just so worth the expense! Sadie won't be very happy when the guy comes since she'll be relegated to the bedroom to be sure she doesn't get loose and isn't underfoot "helping." But I'll take her for a ride after, need to go to the farm store and get some milk and half and half and maybe some eggs, and see what else is there.

Cammy--you are right, I could not have gotten my life back in control working full time. I feel so much better, and so much happier with things the way they are now. And I pray I never get as sick as I was last spring. And I'm taking steps to make sure I don't! I hope Leslie found a couple of really good wigs. And I think she's smart to take it easy on the work front, and not try to work full time if she doesn't feel up to it. There is so much pressure from the world to carry on with life during cancer treatment as if nothing else is going on, and that is just too much of a burden for manypeople.

Goldie--Still no power on St. John? Wow. That is some serious devastation. I feel for the people living there. No power makes it hard to boil water and do all the other things you have to do to stay safe and healthy in that kind of situation.

Teka-- oh, yum!

Chevy--your poor nose! You and Cammy get into the most unbelievable trouble!

Dara--hope you had a yummy lunch!

Chi--I hear you about the too old for late nights and early mornings!I can manage one or the other, but not both anymore. Have a good trip and try to get some sleep!

Jazzy--LOL, forgetting the bathing suit! Sounds like something I would do. I had a nice Wednesday, 8 hours of clinic time that was slow, so did very little and a nice get together at a local restaurant with a couple of friends after. Sadie is keeping the neighborhood well under control and alerting me to everything that goes on.

Chevy--leaves changing color are beautiful, aren't they? Especially in the sunrise and sunset lighting. My favorite is the bright yellow of birch trees against the robin's egg blue sky on abright day.

Chi--I'm like you, got to be at least caffeinated in the mornings, and generally around 2 peeyem as well. But a 1:30 ayem showcase??I'd absolutely HAVE to have a nap with that kind of schedule.

Cammy--oh, no, I can't believe what Leslie is going through!I take it the change in stage isn't changing the treatment plan? It's just plain wrong when something gets overlooked like that. ARGH.

Dances with Hornets' DOTD:

Irish Russian

Ingredients

Directions

Add the ingredients in the order listed in the recipe. Care must be taken when adding the guinness to prevent an excess of foam. Do not add ice.

Best served in a Highball Glass.

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Oct 19, 2017 10:51AM karentwriter wrote:

I just saw these for my Walking Dead premiere party....

Ingredients

1/4 cup ice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 ounces black vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
orange wedge, for garnish

Instructions

1. In a cocktail shaker, add orange juice and triple sec over ice. Shake well, and strain into a glass.
2. Using the back of a spoon, pour black vodka slowly into a glass so that the vodka sits atop the orange juice and triple sec mix.
3. Carefully dip one edge of the orange wedge into the vodka for a spooky presentation, and sit the wedge on the rim of the glass.

And apparently it's very easy to make your own black vodka as the most popular brand has distribution issues. The recipe for that was interesting. It called for a bottle of vodka, 10 drops blue food coloring, 10 drops red food coloring and 8 drops green food coloring. I wonder why they wouldn't just suggest black food coloring...interesting. Anyhoo, I'm making this and one other shot for the premiere. The shot is simple and generally my cocktail of choice, vodka and cranberry juice.

Ingredients

1 1/2 ounces black vodka, chilled
1/2 ounces cranberry juice, chilled
1 cherry, for garnish
red sugar crystals, for rim

Instructions

1. Fill a small cocktail glass with ice.
2. Rim glass with red sugar crystals.
3. Pour cranberry juice over ice, and gently layer black vodka over juice.
4. Garnish with a cherry.

Dx 9/28/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/11/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/6/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3/15/2018 Breast

Oct 19, 2017 11:12AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 10:57AM by Teka

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.

Oct 19, 2017 11:21AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 10:57AM by Teka

Oct 19, 2017 02:02PM Chevyboy wrote:

Cams.... I wish I could say something intelligent.... but ..... you know........  So sorry about Leslie...  But with you being who you are, and putting on a good face, will help her through this....  Just don't talk to much to her about it, unless she asks...  Then only tell her what you think you know, even if you don't...  We don't have to help someone by knowing all the facts, because, you know, we really don't!  Things can change with her...  day by day!  

And even stage 4 gals are living longer every day!  I know they go through hell, trying to beat all that's wrong with them... but every day is a gift for them.....  Now like with you and me.... hell, we could fall off a curb, or get hit by a tree limb, so never mind cancer!   

Just be there for her...  Even if and when you are worried, don't let her know it.... Joey too....  Her family is there to hold her up, even when she is down....  Even though those damn Doc's can't get together on WTH they are talking about, maybe soon, they will come up with a plan...  

You can STILL go there, and quietly beat the crap out of all of them, and TELL them you would like for ONE of them to pretend they know what is going ON !!  And if you need me to come out there, I will!   

Hang in there little Cam....  I'm here for you little one............ xoxo

Oct 19, 2017 02:04PM Chevyboy wrote:

Image result for hang in there meme

Oct 19, 2017 02:40PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Oh great Chevy, I can't unsee that now....

Here is a drink that came off Cost Plus World Market web site

https://www.worldmarket.com/blog/recipe/blood-oran...

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/7/2013 Breast Radiation Therapy 2/25/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 19, 2017 02:43PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Teka- for you!

Oct 19, 2017 04:28PM illimae wrote:

Hi all, I had my pre-gamma education today and I'm all tapped (port accessed) and ready for tomorrow. I'm not too nervous, just want to get this done.

Camillegal, I'm sorry to read the news about Leslie but I can tell you that even though it feels like the end of the world at first, you can live very well with stage IV. Everyone is different but I've been able to work, have fun and do 5k's during treatment. I strongly recommend staying active, it makes everything easier. ❤️ to Leslie :)

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 19, 2017 04:30PM ChiSandy wrote:

Didn’t play the video, but the still shot looks like a sea of Cheerios.

Cami, so sorry about Leslie’s plight. Hope Stage III is as far as it gets. Tough to make a case for a malpractice suit, though—because it might have been the same size & stage two years ago. No guarantees, either, that catching it then would have made a difference. But the drs. should have told her about those nodes back then.

Fun morning playing for the seniors (skilled nursing & memory care).

Gonna catch some zzzzs before dinner.

Oct 19, 2017 04:41PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Good afternoon ladies- trying to get a bunch done to be ready to get out of town tomorrow. Reading up on everybody's updates and a few more things to share here.

Cami- I am so sorry to hear that Leslie's dx may be more advanced than initially shared. I have had my own experiences with things that were found earlier and not followed up on (that later turned out to be cancer). I don't know much about the red devil chemo, but know it is a tough one and hope she is hanging in there. So hard for your family to go through again, and also with it being your DD. Let us know how we can help?

Ill- although I will be off line tomorrow, I will be in your pocket for the surgery you will be having. I hope you will be able to sleep well tonight and rest well afterwards. Zap those ratbastards, as Goldie calls em.

Genny- I know you have your biopsy next week and will be in your pocket too but back on line by Monday before you go in. But in case we don't connect before, will be in your pocket too sister. Praying for good outcomes here as well.

Goldie- I made a mistake about where we stayed, it was actually Maho Bay on St. Johns, not Cinammon Bay but the tents were the same concept. Beautiful beaches and remember seeing my first tropical creatures in that area. Beautiful star fish and conchas, and fish too. As you said, probably all wiped out, although the marine life probably survived, just sloshed around a bit with the hurricane. I hope they can recover. It is a lovely place?

My sister said the fires are now popping up in southern Cali. There was one yesterday that closed the freeway on her way to work, and heard about others.

Hi Karen- welcome to our thread! I am a vodka lover for sure.....

NM- I hope you get your garage door fixed today. Is the dumpster been getting any action lately?

I saw this today and had to share it because of Sadie. Hope you enjoy!

Will be back here by next Monday and wishing you all a good weekend!

Oct 20, 2017 09:01AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF day! Lovely, sunny day here so far. Which is good cuz Sadie had a run in with a juvenile skunk last night. I did the magic solution on her face and got rid of 99% of the smell, but she needs a full bath today to get rid of the rest. Not what I had originally planned for today, but hey, could be worse.

My Mom scared the chit outta me yesterday. I got a text that she was in the ER. Fortunately it was right about as the guy got done with the garage doors, so I texted her back and asked her if she wanted me to pick up Dick on my way by (he drives limited distances and only to familiar places lately).Got a text message back that was pure gibberish. Mom has a-fib and is on blood thinners and is at risk for a stroke, so you can imagine what I was thinking. I texted back asking her to try again in English, and she called me. No stroke, she didn't have her reading glasses and couldn't see the letters on the phone well enough to hit the right ones. Dick was already there and she was about to be discharged.She was on her way to her trailer to work on cleaning it out and got light headed and weak feeling, so she stopped at the ER before she got to the trailer where she has no phone coverage. The only thing they found wrong was her blood thinner number wasa bit low, so she was told to take an extra blood thinner and call her doc. She felt fine and was going to go to the trailer and do some cleaning out, Dick was going home, so I stopped and turned around and ran some errands and came home.

I stopped at one of the local orchards and picked up a bag of Honey Crisp apples to make a pie with, was going to do that yesterday, sat down for a minute when I got home and fell asleep! This whole needing a nap at 2 peeyem every day is getting tiresome. I did get up and make some baked ziti for dinner that was really good.

Karen--WOW, that is one spooky looking, interesting drink! Many years ago when I was baking a lot more and using food coloring black wasn't an option for food coloring cuz it would "gray out" and you would have to add blue, green and red to get it back to black. In the long run it was just easier to use the 3 colors anyway, and you could vary the proportions to get a good black no matter what you were mixing it into. Or you could go easier and get a various shades of gray. That shot is pretty crazy looking, too! Something about red and black is very unsettling.

Teka--I picked up a quart of apple cider, time to make Apple cider Mimosas!

Chevy--good words for Cammy, and I'll come and help hold the little buggers whilst Cammy smacks them around!

Ugh!I will never be able to look inside a pumpkin again without seeing this in my mind!!!!!!!

Jazzy--that is an awesome sounding drink, and quite the dispenser for it, too!

Go, donut stackers, go!Did you hear the final result yet?

Illi--we will be in your pocket!So kind of you to be thinking of Leslie right now, too.

Chi--I love seeing the seniors light up during music programs. They can be so much fun when they get up and start dancing!

Jazzy--Garage doors got fixed, sort of. It's a 2 bay garage, one bay I have used for years cuz the cable broke and I couldn't get the door open. That door now works fine, just need to set the motor to the remote. There is a bunch of junk piled up outside that door that is headed for the dumpster next, which is still getting filled once a week. The other bay door is fixed, but the motor was smoking and got hot when we were running it to test it, so that motor is burned out, now unplugged, opening the door manually, but need to lock it to keep it closed and have no idea where the key is. So I am very motivated to get the other bay pile up cleaned out so I can start using that side again. Replacing the motor has gone on the future project list. Too funny seeing that doggy digging on the moon!

Purple People Eater Cocktail

Ingredients

Instructions

1. On a small plate, add purple sugar. Wet the rim of a glass with simple syrup (or cranberry juice or just water) and gently dab the top the glass in the purple sugar, coating the rim. See above video for example. Set glass aside.
  2. Combine vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour mix, grenadine, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until combined.
  3. Fill the sugar-coated glass with ice. Pour purple people eater cocktail mix into glass until full.

Related image

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Oct 20, 2017 10:52AM MemaSue56 wrote:

Morning DahhhLinks,

Cami - 'pole dancing naked in the alley'??? That ED is jes too damn funny. I hope her post put a smile on your face considering all you are going thru with your DD. Yes, she will get thru this as most of the stage 4's have. She has your genes and your good-sense so it's in her makeup to survive. I know this doesn't stop you from worrying but u should try as the stress isn't good for you either. Stay as positive as you can.

My prayers are going out to you both…(((Cami)))

ED - thanks for the laugh…hope your 'face plant' heals soon and that the 'breathe right' strips help you.

Sandy - hope you are enjoying your trip, stay safe. LV is a great place, usually, to celebrate ur dh b-day, hope you both have fun, fun, fun.

Jazz - hoping the pacific northwest pans out, u are such a go-getter. Wish I had your energy.

Karen - 1st time I've seen you on this thread. Those drinks look good and sound good plus easy to make, thanks for sharing.

Illi - U r prolly getting ur 1st chemo today….saying prayers.

NM - that wudda skeered me too. Glad your mom is home now. I am off of my blood thinners until after my biop on Tues. Does Tylenol fit in the blood thinner category?

Dara - have u made a f/up appt yet for ur tummy? I mite of missed seeing ur post if you have. (((Dara)))

Gotta get my ewwa in gear…have a busy day ahead of me….just remember

Lubslubslubslubs to all ya'll

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/9/2014 Brain

Oct 20, 2017 11:41AM karentwriter wrote:

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! And thanks NativeMaine for the information on food coloring. That helps understand the process a lot. I love my vodka cocktails too! They are delicious. I have lots of fun doing the Walking Dead mini parties with fun snacks and drinks on a Sunday night with friends. :)

Dx 9/28/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/11/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/6/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3/15/2018 Breast

Oct 20, 2017 05:58PM illimae wrote:

Hi there loungettes! I've completed the gamma knife and am home feeling fine. The numbing meds injections into my head and frame tightening caused much crying and cussing this morning but give me anxiety meds and a 1/2 to finish blubbering and I'll be ok. I'll have another scan next month to check on the success of it. As for the rest of me, my single bone met is healing and after my initial chemo, surgery and radiation, no breast cancer is found. It seems the brain lesions were already there but too small to see before, so since this not new progression, no new chemo. Herceptin, Perjeta and tamoxifen are working well on the rest of me.

I hope everyone is well. And boy have I ever earned a cocktail ;)

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 20, 2017 06:39PM CeliaC wrote:

illi - you have definitely earned a drink! Is the frame something they use to stabilize your head? It looks incredibly painful - I think you are very brave - gentle hugs and healing thoughts.

Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/21/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/5/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 20, 2017 10:50PM illimae wrote:

celiac, it's so I don't move my head during gamma knife radiation for newly discovered brain lesions. I feel just fine though, I'm actually out seeing a friends band play tonight, lol

Oct 21, 2017 07:18AM - edited Oct 21, 2017 07:23AM by Chevyboy

Wow illimae!  I have never seen one of those before!  Congratulations on the results!  Probably just take it easy for awhile.... Technology has come so far, compared to many years ago!   (I just want to make you smile)

Yes, you NEED a drink...  lots of them!  Just WoW!  Singing

Oct 21, 2017 07:47AM NativeMainer wrote:

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

6:52 AM

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Saturday!Big wine tasting/wine show this evening, looking forward to that. Another lovely, sunny morning. Need to get more housework done today than I did yesterday, spent most of yesterday doing prep stuff for the start of the teaching job training that begins next week. Took some time this ayem to schedule study time and put it on the calendar so I make sure not to give away too much time to work. Now I need to go back and schedule dumpster filling time, too. Boy, this semi-retired life is busy! I did make an apple pie yesterday, peeled and sliced the apples while watching an introductory video. Wasn't paying attention and peeled and sliced the whole half-peck, so now I need to look up some apple recipes and find something to make that I can take into the Hospice office on Monday. Told them I could work 4 hours on Monday, got a message back asking me if that included driving time, could I go to Bar Harbor and see 4 people? HA! Bar Harbor is 90 minutes there, 90 minutes back to the office, each visit is a MINIMUM of 30 minutes.Add that up, I get 7 hours! Where she got the idea that I could do that in 4 hours is beyond me. So I wrote back that if I went to Bar Harbor I could do 1 or 2 visits, if I went to the town about halfway between the office and Bar Harbor I could do 3 visits, if in the office area I could see 4.She guilted me into seeing 4 at the town half way between.If that ends up taking more than 4 hours, thenI won't work for Hospice at all until after training is over.I need my study time.OK, back now that I've scheduled dumpster filling time for the next 3 weeks, so that doesn't get put off. Sadie is looking at me like I'm a little crazy cuz I've been telling her everything I'm doing and why, and asking her opinion about the best time of day to schedule different things. She keeps forgetting that I know that she is an expert on me from years of training me, and I'll use any expert I have handy!

Mema-- Tylenol is not a blood thinner, so you should be good. Praying for good results on the biopsy.Will be in the pocket with you.

Karen--vodka cocktails are fun! So are champagne cocktails, and rum cocktails, and, well, you get the idea! I bet your parties are a blast.

Illi--oh my dear LORD, that looks like a medieval torture device!I would have been doing some serious crying and cussing having that attached. How long did you have to have it on? You certainly have earned a cocktail, or three! I cannot imagine having that on the morning and being out socializing that evening, but good for you! And I'm glad the lesions aren't new, it's bad enough they are there at all, but if the chemo is working on the rest then that plus the gamma knife should work on those.

Image result for Frankenstein drink recipe

Oct 21, 2017 07:54AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 10:56AM by Teka

Page 1798 of 1,837 (55,102 results)