Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exchange City

Mykidsmom
Mykidsmom Member Posts: 448
edited May 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

We love to include everyone's surgery dates - Please PM me and I will update the list to include you! The list keeps changing since we try to move forward as the dates move forward. Thanks. - Jean

Useful web sites:

Mentor: http://www.justbreastimplants.com/implants/mentor_specs.htm

http://www.mentorcorp.com/breastsurgery/reconstruction/breast-implants.htm

Mentor ultra high profile implants:
http://www.mentorcorp.com/global/physician-information/silicon-gel-breast-implants.htm

Allergan: http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/natrelle_catalog.pdf

2019:

1/3/2019 - Crossh - Exchange Surgery (completed)

3/25 - Allebasi - Exchange Surgery left side and a lift and small implant on right side for symmetry (completed)

2020:

April 2020 - SuBreez88 - Exchange maybe in April.

April 16, 2020 - 08172016 - Exchange Surgery

AnnieAlso - Revision Sister in Waiting!

Comments

• AngelaD
    AngelaD Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2009

Done with fills on Dec. 28th. r-480cc, l-500cc's.  Will exchange for HP Mentor Silicone on 2/4.  Was small B prior to BLM - hoping to be 36C when finished.  Hard to tell what I will end up with.  PS says he will bring 500,550 and 600cc implants into surgery.  He's going to move the pockets closer together.  Doc doesn't talk in cup sizes.  He asked what I wanted & I told him I liked the projection of the expanders - he also asked if he couldn't decide between the sets if I wanted to be conservative or bodacious!  I chose bodacious...I'm hoping I chose wisely.

• ngcm05
    ngcm05 Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2009

Woohoo!  I am part of this group as a Dec. Reconstruction Ta Ta sisterhood gal!  I am going to shoot for March or April for my exchange.  I am at 550cc now and have one more fill Feb. 11...then will stay at 700 for three to four weeks.  Waahooooo!

GG

• psalmist
    psalmist Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2009

I finished my fills the first week of November and am scheduled for my exchange March 3rd.  Was an A-B cup before and am hoping for a small "C."  I'm filled to 600 CC but my PS wants to place a 425 to 460 implant - silicone.  He uses Allergan products (now called Natrelle?). 

I don't like the size I am now - too big for my body size (currently a large "D").  I miss wearing my cute tops.   My DH likes them, though, even though they are more like coconuts than boobs.

So, are we having fun yet?? : )

• soccermom96
    soccermom96 Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2009

March 11 exchange to silicone.  Finished fills.  Cannot wait to be rid of TEs.  TEs filled to 450, he's putting in 550 implants.  Will be a large B , rather than the large C I started as.  I am thrilled.  Thinking I might never have to wear a bra again?

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited January 2009

JEAN!!! GREAT Thread.... the Ta Ta's are all gonna find it.....I love that all the threads now can come here and talk about our exchanges!!...

Mine should be the end of March 1st of April. I will have a date next week!

Ta Ta Sisterhood

• Estepp
    edited January 2009

Oopppsss... I forgot to add... I am at 320cc and this makes me a C cup. I think a modest C.. not to big... not too small for my 5ft tall body...LOL...

I am going with silicone for sure... High Profile for sure.... not sure on the implant brand yet.

It is great to see all you ladies and it looks like so far Angela will be our first exchange gal. She can be the leader of the pack...:)..... you can tell us how it all goes!

Thanks again Jean for starting the thread!

• Mykidsmom
    edited January 2009

You are welcome Laura. This is our attempt to combine all the September, October, November, December and January surgeries and anyone else still at the TE stage.

... And I am going to call my PS on Monday. I think I should get "topped off" one more time. I am happy where I am now, but too many ladies say that they are smaller w/ the exchange. I have the time to get another fill, my exchange is not until April. Thank you to all of you that are supplying information to those of us still at the lovely TE stage. YOU KNOW WHO YOU AREI don't know where we would be without all of you. Thanks ladies! - Jean

BTW: There is a question that has come up about the various nip creation surgeries. Anyone want to list some of the choices and how they are done for us newbies? Of course, that is not until further down the road. But it is fun to dream of an end to all this! My PS said something about a twisting process using the BMx scar and then adding my tissue from a prior c/s scar (I assume for the aerolas (spelling???))

• PanamaBound
    PanamaBound Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2009

Another proud member of the Spring Time TaTa Sisterhood.  March 4!! - 33 days, not that I'm counting.  I'm filled to 540 cc for  high profile 500cc silicone implants.  I'm 5'7" so my PS said that I'd be a B/C like I was before, only a lot perkier.Cool  Fipples in the summer!

• Estepp
    edited February 2009

I am so happy the "Ta Ta Sisterhood " caught on... I just am.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited February 2009

Where, by the way, has moody been the past few days? 

I am currently at 425 cc's with Allergan expanders.  My last fill was 1/30/08. I will most likely be exchanged to Allergan Natrelle silicone implants: Style 20 - 475 cc's or Style 45 - 550 cc's.  My exchange will likely be early April.

Oh Estepp, you are just a little adorable bluebird of happiness.  You just are!

• digger
    digger Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2009

Wow, this is so exciting.  I had my unilateral mx with tissue expander on 11/20/08 and am scheduled for an exchange on 3/17.  I'm currently at 300cc and don't want anymore!  When I see the PS in a couple of weeks, I think I'm going to tell him this is all I want and put in whatever he feels is right at the time of surgery.  My other "healthy" breast is a A/small B, although probably A now because I've lost some weight.  At this point, I am leaning toward telling him not to touch the "healthy" side and will opt out of a lift to make it more even.  I'm finding that I really don't care right now about symmetry, I just want this whole process to be done.  I don't want to go through the extra recovery time of a lift and would rather just focus on the exchange and have him match the "foob" the best that he can with the natural breast.

• traceyz
    traceyz Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2009

YAY the gangs all here! Exchange city, I LOVE it!!

Tracey

• Estepp
    edited February 2009

Isn't is GREAT Tracey.. we are missing a few... we need to steal the other gals ( you know who I am speaking of) who had exchange.. they should be here too just so they can answer our questions!.. I Am so glad to see you hear now...:)

Where had Moody Been... That girl.. she is probably out wearing tight shirts and getting people all sorts of messed up about those unbelievable great boobs....LOL

Thanks for the compliment Whippet... do you share your first name here... I like Whippet and all.. but...................................:)

"Bluebird of Happiness...."... that is just the sweetest thing to say... TY

Ladies... here is to Jean for pulling us all together... we will have to pull the other ladies we all know doing exchange this yr and those that just got done... to encourage us...

Anyone know how to get them all here together. We have all made such close friendships.. we need a place like the thread to stay together. Since this is "usually" the last step for most of us... Exchange City could be our BCO Hang out for yrs to come...~wink~

• Linda54
    Linda54 Member Posts: 509
    edited February 2009

Are you talking about us girls who have already had exchange as far back as October and beyond?  Are we invited to join in the Ta Ta Sisterhood?

I have been wondering about MoodyK13....She is probably in some tropical location lying on the beach sipping a diet coke and wearing a tiny bikini....LOL

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2009

Ta Ta Sisters,  Moody needs our prayers.  This is what she wrote on the Onco DX Roll Call thread:

4 hours ago moodyk13 wrote:

Hello everyone. My little gilr is in the hospital. I am on my blackberry so don't have time to go into details. Just asking for prayers & to let all new posters know I will update rollcall when we get home. Looks like mon night or tuesday

James 1:2-3 "My brothers and sisters, consider it nothing but joy when you fall into all sorts of trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance." MoodyK13
    Dx 2/1/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009

Oh Hood - I missed the note from Moody! All kinds of prayers are flying her way through hyper space. She knows that we love her! And we lvoe her little girl too! If you write her, tell here we are here for her! Thanks for letting us know! - Jean

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2009

Please include me, I was part of the October surgery group....I'm all topped off and have been waiting to finish chemo, which is this Friday.  My exchange surgery is March 20 and because my PS is part of the trial, I'll be getting the 410 gummie bears.  Which are due to be approved here in the states any time now!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to say good bye to the iron bra....not so easy to shimmy when I'm teaching zumba classes! LOL

• Mykidsmom
    edited February 2009

Lisa - Is your PS sure the gummies will be available in March? Are you going to wait for them if they are not out. Can someone tell me more about them and their advantages. I wasn't sure they would be available, so I haven't been paying too much attention. Also, how many cc are your TE's now? Are they bigger than 410 cc? I am considering one more top off. Thanks. - Jean

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited February 2009

My PS is one of the surgeon's participating in the trials...and I'm participating in the study, so yes, I will be getting them.  They have already filled out the paperwork and locked in my spot. 

He said they could even be approved by then, but he wanted to make sure I got them, so I enrolled in the study. 

If you do a search on here for 410 gummies, you will find a lot of great information...especially from the women who do have them.  My PS told me from the beginning that I was a great candidate for the gummies...and after reading all the information, I agreed that they would be best for me.

I have 500 cc's....my PS likes to over expand to give that natural drop when the implants are placed. 

• Estepp
    edited February 2009

Welcome all... and yes.... Linda... I was talking about all you ladies that have been "exchanged" and waiting for nips or tats... :)

WHAT is wrong with Moody/Karens daughter????? I missed the post too... POOR things....Now I feel bad about saying she was off the boards showing off her Ta Ta's....

Praying for Moodys little girl!!!

• fairy49
    fairy49 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2009

Hi! exchange surgery March 3rd, I can't wait!!!

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009

hey gals after reading hoods comment I sent this e-mail to Karen/Moody right away

OMG I just checked out the new thread and hood shared what she read on a post about your daughter in the hospital   I'm sitting here with tears running down my cheeks hoping and praying everything will be ok   Our kids are the most precious thing to us   your in so many peoples thoughts right now...   (((HUG)))

Sandy/Sunshine : )

plus I posted on the Oct & Dec thread & the one about implants being smaller than we expected so others will join in on the prayers

• Estepp
    edited February 2009

Thank you Sandy! I did the same one the Bible thread... poor little girl. I wonder what is wrong. On one of the threads it said she should be coming home Monday or Tuesday, but do to the expense if the Blackberry/Internet... ( we all know how that is).. she would tell us everything when she could get to a PC.

It is the worst thing in the world when it is our kids who hurt... HORRIBLE! That does not go away after they are grown and married either....

• Linda54
    edited February 2009

Estepp,

I feel bad too saying that Moody was probably at a  beach somewhere in a bikini.....But I know she would not want us to feel bad.    I pray that her little girl will be healed very soon.  I met her daughter, she is a precious young girl.

• Estepp
    edited February 2009

Linda.. if you do find out what is wrong.. could you post it on the thread I started for prayer for Moody/Karen. Thank you!

• Estepp
    edited February 2009

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/728346?page=1#idx_6

Linda or anyone who finds out about Moody's daughter.. here is the thread I started...can you post it there..

I am off to a party in my honor my brother is throwing... "Cancer Free Me"

Love !!

• Linda54
    edited February 2009

What a great brother you have!!!!

I have talked with Moody and posted the update on the Prayers forum.

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited February 2009

Hood in my last post I forgot to say thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Angela I hope you get your bodacious results ; - )

Laura have fun @ your party

I'll have to check out the prayer forum...

I just want to share with all you gals the exchange surgery for most of us was a very easy surgery.  When I had my 2nd exchange since I wasn't loving my 1st implant, I did also get a lift and small expandable implant (now I have 200cc in that implant) on my healthy side.  It did give some discomfort but not real bad.  Plus I'm happy to say you can't even see my scar around my nipple : - ) ( to think I had a PS who tried to talk me out of getting it saying you'd see my scar 12 feet away) I just had 1 spot at the base of my breast which was sore.  But I'm so happy I did it.  As most of you know I have 2 threads on the pix forum.  I think the one is called my journey from expanders to implant and than the 2nd one is something like lift and expandable implant and new implant on cancer side.

I was filled to 430cc in my expander and my 1st exchange I got high profile saline implant which had a fill range of 380-450.  My PS filled me to 400cc sat  me up 90degree and saw a lot of rippling and added another 50cc.  I was surprised after my surgery that my implant was smaller than my tissue expander even though I had more cc's.  Plus it wasn't much softer than my TE, I'm not sure if that was due to being filled to the max or if it was the scar tissue I had.  The day after my exchange my 1st PS shared she was moving to join her husband who moves several months earlier.  So I would have to find a new PS which actually turned out for the best because I was nervous with her doing my lift knowing she had only been doing these for about 5 years and was still working on getting board certified.  When I got all my records from her is when I realized my tissue expander was a Siltex Medium Height Contour Profile Xpndr 450cc 12.7x10.8x7.0cm.  According to the charts my implant was 11.4 Diam. X 6.4 Proj..  So I and others found out the hard way you can't just look at cc's when picking out a implant.

After having my 1st surgery is when saw the u-tube video that silicone implants no longer are runny like honey.  If I can find it again I will post it here.

So for my 2nd exchange my PS ended up using smooth round gel high profile 550cc which are 13.6 by 5.5.  I'm happy to say they feel softer and look better than my 1st implant : - )

• traceyz
    traceyz Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2009

Hey Lisa,

I am gettig the gummy bear implants also. YAY!!!!

Tracey

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2009

Who/where is your ps?