We are 199,591 members in 81 forums discussing 146,152 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Breast Reconstruction → Topic: Exchange City

Topic: Exchange City

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jan 30, 2009 07:41PM - edited Dec 3, 2017 09:37AM by Mykidsmom

Mykidsmom wrote:

We love to include everyone's surgery dates - Please PM me and I will update the list to include you! The list keeps changing since we try to move forward as the dates move forward. Thanks. - Jean

Useful web sites:

Mentor: http://www.justbreastimplants.com/implants/mentor_specs.htm

http://www.mentorcorp.com/breastsurgery/reconstruction/breast-implants.htm

Mentor ultra high profile implants:

http://www.mentorcorp.com/global/physician-information/silicon-gel-breast-implants.htm

Allergan: http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/natrelle_catalog.pdf

5/6 - Gardengirls - Exchange Surgery (completed)

8/8 - Jonella - Exchange Surgery and Fat Grafting (completed)

8/15 - Remi50 - Exchange Surgery (completed)

8/26 - LRG02016 - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/22 - BigBlueFish - Exchange Surgery and liposuction (for potential fat grafting) and abdominoplasty (completed)

2/27 - Pickmorewildflowers - Exchange Surgery (completed)

3/8 - Imkopy2 - Exchange Surgery (completed)

4-25 - ShoreGirl - Exchange Surgery (completed)

6-1 - Klix - Exchange Surgery (completed)

6-16 - Breastcanceryogi - Exchange Surgery (completed)

6-30 - Mominator - Revision Surgery (fix capsular contraction and reposition implant) (completed)

7-6 - Bevmomduck - Exchange Surgery (completed)

8/7 - Elkay7 - Exchange Surgery (completed)

9/8 - CarlaEM - Revision, switching implants, possible fat grafting (completed)

9/8 - NervousGal - Exchange Surgery (completed)

9/20 - Buffyjc - Exchange and Fat Grafting (completed)

9/22 - Noodlesmom - Exchange Surgery (completed)

10/9 - MotherofTwins - Exchange and Fat Grafting (completed)

11/1 - Lynae23 - Exchange Surgery (complted)

11/3 - MinuteAtATime - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/3 - T-Sue - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/15 - LettyF - Exchange Surgery with lipo/fat grafting (completed)

11/28 - Maui-Jen - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/29 - Shoregirl- Revision Surgery - downsize implants, tighten pocket and skin, and fat graft (completed)

12/8 - Dafne - Exchange Surgery

12/20 - Bringon2017 - Exchange Surgery

AnnieAlso - Revision Sister in Waiting!

Prophylactic Bilateral Mastectomy w/ Tissue Expanders - 12/08 Exchange 04/09 Dx 8/25/2008, LCIS, Stage 0

Page 1346 of 1,347 (40,394 results)

Posts 40351 - 40380 (40,394 total)

Jan 4, 2018 02:59PM TWills wrote:

Oh, well hi neighbor lol. I hadn't heard anything overly great about anyone in our area for DIEP so I opted to go over to Orlando to Dr Klein. It's his specialty and is dedicated to it as well as lymph node transfer. If you don't mind me asking, who was it that you saw?

Chemotherapy 2/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Dx 11/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Surgery 7/9/2017 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 7/30/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall

Jan 4, 2018 03:13PM Shoregirl wrote:

Hi Flynn, I have 440cc pre-pec implants w/Alloderm. I don't think the pre-pec are done without Aderm, as the skin on its own would probably not be able to support a larger implant. My exchange recovery was different each time. The 1st, from TEs to smooth round 470cc Inspiras, took a good 6-7 weeks before I was feeling pretty good, but I still had a lot of tightness and discomfort even 7 months later. I ended up getting a new ps (long story). She exchanged the 470s for 440cc Sientras and did some fg. My recovery was so quick!! I was out shopping 4 days later. Turns out she discovered hardly any Alloderm was there on the right side. So my guess is the discomfort was due to the implant not being supported, moving around. When I would lean over, it hung off my chest. Eventually started flipping over backwards.The new ones are anchored to my chest and so much more comfortable with an Alloderm "cuff" under lower edge for support.

Personally, I don't see the reason to do lat+implant. So invasive! Maybe look into smaller implant+fat graft as an option. The fat really helped me like my implants so much more. Cushioned, warm, softer, more comfortable.

Wishing you all the best!!

Faith, Hope & Love, the greatest of these is Love 1st Cor 13:13 Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/27/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/25/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 11/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery

Jan 4, 2018 03:55PM MinusTwo wrote:

Flynn - I have implants with no flap or diep and no alloderm. They were done in 2011. I had a really experienced and exacting PS who created just the correct size pockets with the correct TEs. I know a large portion of reconstructions are done with implants only.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jan 4, 2018 04:56PM - edited Jan 4, 2018 04:56PM by Flynn

TWillis- Small world! I saw a surgeon at Moffitt, where I'm being treated. Dr Dayicioglu. I know a few people who work there and those that know her, say good things about her. I think maybe we're on different wave lengths!

Shoregirl, thanks for your note! I'm glad things worked out for you! I'm not really looking for big implants, I'll put fat grafting on the list to research.

MinusTwo, thanks to you, too! I think I really need to get more opinions now that I have a better idea of how things go.

Dx 2/2017, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jan 4, 2018 05:00PM - edited Jan 4, 2018 05:03PM by meg2016

Flynn- I have Alloderm, but I had radiation so my skin is very thin. You might want to explore the Center for Restorative Breast Surgery in New Orleans. I didn't go there, but have a few friends who did, I live in the South so its one of the easier places to travel for surgery. I also felt a little rushed on my surgery and was told I wasn't a candidate for DIEP (I had lost a ton of weight during chemo, which was temporary, but surgery after chemo meant I didn't have much to work with.) While I had my TE's in, I did go get a second opinion on a DIEP from someone who does just those and did end up being a candidate. But once I heard more about the process I decided on implants. So far so good. But you are the point now where you shouldn't feel rushed. I had my expanders in for almost a year-- take your time and make the right choice for you. Traveling for reconstruction isn't as bad as you may think. I traveled for mine (but went up to Boston.) I had to stay near my surgeon for a couple of weeks, turned it into a bit of a vacation, my husband went with me and drove me around and we ate out, went to museums, etc. It was actually FAR less tempting to overdo it when I was away from home, things that temp me are laundry and heavy kids backpacks, etc. I had grandparents come and stay with the kids for that time, they got some quality time with them. Another option could be to have a good friend or other family member with you for surgery. Happy to share any logistics I can if you go that route.

Diagnosed 3/4/16 at age 39; 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ , THP+AC, DMX with expander placement, Radiation, Aromasin

Jan 4, 2018 06:23PM robinblessed54 wrote:

Minustwo and I both have the Allergan 410 gummies. I have mine under pecs and my PS used my own muscle instead of alloderm. My pockets were perfect and hold my implants perfectly. He doesn’t like to use alloderm because there is some risk of rejection.

I have 3D nipple tattoos which finish the look! My friend had a lat dorsi with saline implants. They look great but that is such a serious procedure that took a lot of recovery. My EX surgery was so simple and much easier than bmx. Just remember, just because you can doesn’t mean you should!

Robin

Dx 9/2/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/25/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 10/15/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2014 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 3/5/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 3/14/2015 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 12/21/2016 Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo

Jan 4, 2018 06:25PM TWills wrote:

Flynn, I'm sure you're in great hands at Moffitt. It's so daunting trying to figure everything out, especially with reconstruction. Good luck:)

Chemotherapy 2/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Dx 11/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Surgery 7/9/2017 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 7/30/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall

Jan 4, 2018 07:08PM - edited Jan 4, 2018 07:17PM by EastcoastTS

Flynn:

I have pre-pec implants and alloderm was used with TEs but I don't think she added more with Exchange surgery. (I know I should know this.) I'm doing well with implants though mine are small compared to many here. (275cc) But I'm about 100 lbs soaking wet! And they look big to me! ;)

I didn't have fat grafting but many do. I may do that with a later revision due to very minor rippling. Not enough to do now (bugging me, that is).

Good luck!

Dx@ 49. Oncotype: 14, BRCA 1/2- Dx 1/4/2017, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/27/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/7/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 5, 2018 02:30PM Flynn wrote:

meg2016, thanks for your note! I’ve read other people on here mention New Orleans as an option. It’s good to know that you were able todeal with traveling pretty easily. I’ll get back to you if I end up going that route.

Robin, I’m happy to know that there are people who do implants w/o Alloderm. This is shaping up to be more complicated than I realized but I think I’m getting a good list of questions. Thanks for your input!

EastcoastTS- it’s amazing to me how many different ways there are to do this! I think I need to learn more about rippling, I’m not sure what that looks like. Thanks!

It came up at my fill appt today that I can’t have an MRI while I have the TE’s in. Since I’m TN, I’ll have to see how that plays out with whatever path I go with. I was expecting an MRI at 6 months.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Jan 10, 2018 05:01PM amtreb wrote:

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to post that I had my exchange surgery yesterday and it went great!!!

I was on the fence between round and anatomical implants, and went with round. Since I am pre-pec even with fat grafting I figured you may see the implant and i'd rather have it look round that how some have described the anatomicals to look squarish.

He used the Natarelle Inspiras high profile 420cc's that look great day 1 :)

Any tips on keeping the transferred fat to survive???

Thank you to all who have been of help to me!!!

A

Dx 2/2/2017, IDC: Medullary, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Jan 10, 2018 09:23PM EastcoastTS wrote:

So glad it went well, Amtreb!!!

I didn't have fat grafting, so will leave advice to more experienced ladies.

Dx@ 49. Oncotype: 14, BRCA 1/2- Dx 1/4/2017, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/27/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/7/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 11, 2018 05:09AM BringOn2017 wrote:

Hi amtreb glad all is well. Take it easy. No experience with fat grafting myself.

The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise. Dx 1/23/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, 0/4 nodes, ER+ Surgery 2/21/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 11, 2018 05:28AM Sitti wrote:

Hi amtreb, glad it went well. I had some fat grafting done at exchange, not alot, but some. I was told NOT to wear any type of compression bra so that a good blood flow could get established to the fat. Pretty much stayed in Coobies or yoga type bras so that I had some support without being too tight. Don't know if that conflicts with what your PS told you to do/not do but thought I'd sound in. I think I've kept some of the fat but probably not all of it, since it wasn't alot it's hard to tell.

Initial DX - (Right) 2.5 cm grade 3 DCIS, Er-Pr-, after LX - (Right) 4.4 cm grade 3 DCIS Er-Pr-(clear but insufficient margins), after BMX - DX (Right) ALH & LCIS which was never detected until BMX pathology. Dx 12/5/2016, DCIS, Right, 4cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 1/12/2017 Lumpectomy Surgery 3/21/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 3/22/2017, LCIS, Right Surgery 9/19/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jan 11, 2018 11:08AM Sweet_Pea wrote:

Hi!

My exchange and symmetry surgery is set for April 24th.

What should I expect for recovery time if I'm getting silicone implants (no fat grafting) in both the reconstructed and the healthy breast (my PS will remove fat to place implant)?

first ADH dx 6/2017, 2nd dx DCIS 7/2017 Dx 7/13/2017, DCIS/IDC: Mucinous, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/29/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 11, 2018 08:18PM Scrafgal wrote:

amtreb...glad it went well!

Dx 12/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/5/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/22/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/14/2017 FAC Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 11, 2018 09:54PM EastcoastTS wrote:

Sweet Pea:

I'm not sure exactly how to answer because I had implant exchange to both sides. Prior to Exchange, I went back months on this forum and read a lot -- just to read other's experiences.

Exchange is SO much easier than mastectomy surgery. So much that you'll be tempted to do more than you should early on. I had a lot of pocket work, so that delayed my recovery a little -- but honestly, I felt very good right away. But some soreness, again, due to pocket work I think. I really tried to take it easy for a couple of months on lifting and all that to preserve the pocket and protect it.

Good luck. I'm sure someone with more relevant info will chime in!

Jan 11, 2018 09:57PM Ghionik wrote:

I’m joining this page too. I’m on board for an exchange in March or April. It’s a relief to know the worst of the surgeries is over.

Dx 10/26/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 11, 2018 09:58PM EastcoastTS wrote:

Welcome, Ghionik!!!

Jan 11, 2018 10:01PM Ghionik wrote:

Thank you!

Dx 10/26/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 12, 2018 07:40AM - edited Jan 12, 2018 10:11AM by BringOn2017

Hi Ghionik Welcome!

I just had my exchange (no fat grafting) 3 weeks ago. My doctors told me to ease back in slowly and yes this surgery is nothing like my first. My PS nurse still gave me same instructions of not raising my arms above my head for 6 weeks and keeping the post op bra for 6 weeks. Also to avoid carrying anything heavy for the first few week.

I started walking for about 20 minutes to half an hour from about 3 days post op. I can do somethings around the house but I am careful not to overdo it, as if I try to get  I get pain over my sternum, - I think that is where the insertion of the muscles is. And I get by with some help from my little one and the DH. I have a cleaner in once a week to do the regular cleaning, but I can cook and wash the plates, though I cannot do the bed as the quilts are heavy. My work involves a lot of physical activity so I haven't gone back yet - no chance of easing in at work. Once I'm back, I'm back! I've been told to avoid jogging for a few months and even weights. I found the following post op instructions helpful and reasonably sensible. 

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/Surgery/PlasticSurgery/BreastReconstruction/BreastTEexchangepostop.pdf

I haven't got back to driving yet. How long did the rest of you take before you got back to driving?

Good luck but believe me this one is a dream near the mastectomy and tissue expander insertion. 

The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise. Dx 1/23/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, 0/4 nodes, ER+ Surgery 2/21/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 12, 2018 08:18AM Sweet_Pea wrote:

Thanks EastCoastTS and BringOn2017! This information is so helpful. Hopefully more people will chime in too! That will give Ghionik and me an even better idea of what to expect. :)

first ADH dx 6/2017, 2nd dx DCIS 7/2017 Dx 7/13/2017, DCIS/IDC: Mucinous, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/29/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 12, 2018 09:08AM Scrafgal wrote:

Congrats on the successful surgery!  I didn't drive for 4 weeks (originally my PS said 6 weeks but then changed, based on my healing..)

Dx 12/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/5/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/22/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/14/2017 FAC Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 12, 2018 09:48AM TrmTab wrote:

Wow, I had surgery on Friday and was driving on Monday post-exchange. I was told 48 hrs after opiods, but as I didn't take anything but Tylenol after I left the hospital Friday afternoon, I was clear to drive on Sunday afternoon and did drive on Monday.

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/11/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/5/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Jan 12, 2018 10:15AM Scrafgal wrote:

yes...my PS said that it was not that I couldn't drive but that he did not want me getting into a situation that caused me to suddenly steered hard to turn or twist around to see behind me...both moves could unsettle things too early. So much about driving depends on other factors I think. Maybe nothing would have happened but I just played it safe according to his advice.

Jan 12, 2018 10:57AM Ghionik wrote:

Thanks for the info Bringon2017! I’m not having fat grafting done - just the implants when I do the exchange surgery. I’m hoping that is a faster recovery. My PS did say I’d be restricted again for doing things, but I didn’t really go into that with her as that was the day she released me to exercise again with these expanders. I left her office and went right to the gym to try a run on the treadmill! Lol

One question to those getting the exchange. Are you all having to deal with the drains again like we all had for the mastectomies? I’m planning to donate my 2 camisoles I bought that have drain pockets, but am not sure if I will have drains on this second surgery so still have them

Jan 12, 2018 12:22PM Flynn wrote:

Welcome, Ghionlik! I’m a newbie so no advice but reading along to try to learn more about everyone else’s experiences.

Question for you ladies. How did you handle having some symmetry during expansions? I had a bilateral mastectomy but we are expanding my right side prior to radiation. So after my 2nd fill today, I can see my right side is definitely bigger and will continue to change whereas my left side remains flat. Today a baggy shirt is working but I started a LiveStrong program at the Y and I’m wearing workout clothes twice a week. Also have a couple social events coming up.

Thoughts?

Jan 12, 2018 02:26PM Shoregirl wrote:

Ghionik, I didn't have drains with my exchange even though the ps said I would most likely have them, but did have them with my revision. Everyone is different, and I guess the ps doesn't know for sure if you will need them until they get in there. I think I got the drains at revision because more Alloderm was placed.

Bringon2017 I returned to driving 5 days after last revision. I think with my initial exchange I waited longer. For some reason it was tougher on my than my revision.

Sweet Pea, recovery after my revision w/fat grafting was quick, I was out at the malls Christmas shopping 4 days later, with the drains!

Amtreb, good to hear you are doing well!!

Flynn, maybe you could pad your bra on the flatter side and just wear baggy tees to workout?

Faith, Hope & Love, the greatest of these is Love 1st Cor 13:13 Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/27/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/25/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 11/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery

Jan 12, 2018 04:29PM Mimi68 wrote:

Ghionik,

I am POD #2 of my exchange to downsize and I do have drains. I also have some discomfort that wasn’t there after the first exchange. So far they look very promising in terms o being smaller. I had extensive pocketwork due to downsizing.

Mimi68

Dx 10/17/2013, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/6/2013 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 12, 2018 04:32PM MinusTwo wrote:

Flynn - if you have TEs in both sides, why don't you ask them to start filling the opposite side part ways?

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jan 12, 2018 08:16PM Sitti wrote:

Ghionik,

I also had drains after exchange. My PS said 95% chance I would not need drains, 5% chance I would, and I did end up with them. I actually had them almost 2 wks. I do know of ladies that didn't need drains after exchange but you may want to hold onto your camisoles until after your exchange just in case.

Initial DX - (Right) 2.5 cm grade 3 DCIS, Er-Pr-, after LX - (Right) 4.4 cm grade 3 DCIS Er-Pr-(clear but insufficient margins), after BMX - DX (Right) ALH & LCIS which was never detected until BMX pathology. Dx 12/5/2016, DCIS, Right, 4cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 1/12/2017 Lumpectomy Surgery 3/21/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 3/22/2017, LCIS, Right Surgery 9/19/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1346 of 1,347 (40,394 results)