We are 216,357 members in 81 forums discussing 153,643 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Exchange City

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2009 01:41AM - edited Jan 28, 2019 02:27PM by Mykidsmom

Mykidsmom wrote:

We love to include everyone's surgery dates - Please PM me and I will update the list to include you! The list keeps changing since we try to move forward as the dates move forward. Thanks. - Jean

Useful web sites:

Mentor: http://www.justbreastimplants.com/implants/mentor_specs.htm

http://www.mentorcorp.com/breastsurgery/reconstruction/breast-implants.htm

Mentor ultra high profile implants: http://www.mentorcorp.com/global/physician-information/silicon-gel-breast-implants.htm

Allergan: http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/natrelle_catalog.pdf

9/8 - CarlaEM - Revision, switching implants, possible fat grafting (completed)

9/8 - NervousGal - Exchange Surgery (completed)

9/20 - Buffyjc - Exchange and Fat Grafting (completed)

9/22 - Noodlesmom - Exchange Surgery (completed)

10/9 - MotherofTwins - Exchange and Fat Grafting (completed)

11/1 - Lynae23 - Exchange Surgery (complted)

11/3 - MinuteAtATime - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/3 - T-Sue - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/15 - LettyF - Exchange Surgery with lipo/fat grafting (completed)

11/28 - Maui-Jen - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/29 - Shoregirl- Revision Surgery - downsize implants, tighten pocket and skin, and fat graft (completed)

12/8 - Dafne - Exchange Surgery (completed)

12/20 - Bringon2017 - Exchange Surgery (completed)

1/24 - jbrmdr - Exchange surgery (completed)

1/29 - Mooney - Exchange Surgery (completed)

4/25 - lmkopy2 - Nip recon put on hold! Swapping implants and fat grafting. (completed)

5/22 - Mariettamom - Exchange Surgery (completed)

6/19 - Maggiebutterfly - Exchange Surgery (completed)

7/10 - Rascalsmom - Exchange Surgery to Sientra smooth round high profile (completed)

8/31 - Mastectomysister - Bilateral mastectomy 8/31 with TE's. No date set yet for exchange.

9/13 - Rachelcarter35 - Exchange Surgery (completed)

9/20 - Gramto4 - Exchange Surgery/Revision (completed)

9/25 - LInnyG - L mastectomy with TE and SNB (completed)

11/13 - Mastectomysister - Exchange Surgery (completed)

11/30 - Jsbells - Exchange Surgery (completed)

12/27 - Gramto4 - Nipple reconstruction and fat grafting (completed)

12/28 - Lolarg - Exchange Surgery (completed)

1/3/2019 - Crossh - Exchange Surgery (completed)

AnnieAlso - Revision Sister in Waiting!

Prophylactic Bilateral Mastectomy w/ Tissue Expanders - 12/08 Exchange 04/09 Dx 8/25/2008, LCIS, Stage 0

Page 1374 of 1,374 (41,197 results)

Posts 41191 - 41197 (41,197 total)

Feb 4, 2019 05:02PM TrmTab wrote:

7 weeks post-op today...while the Dr said I didn't have to wear a bra 24/7, I still am too ShoreGirl. BUT I have moved away from the post-op mild compression bras, back to coobie bras to sleep in and normal bras during the day.

I went from TCX800 to SRX700 but am still the same bra size from what I can see, just softer and not sitting so high...a 38D "look" wearing a 38G Wacoal due to wideness of implant and importance of not having wire touch implant. TT

Dx 9/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 2/4/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/3/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Surgery 12/16/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Feb 10, 2019 01:58AM borogirl wrote:

Had my exchange surgery yesterday morning and I have no pain at all. Haven't even taken Tylenol! Not only no pain from surgery, but the uncomfortable aspect of the TE's is gone since they are gone. Haven't been able to see the results yet as I am wrapped in an ace bandage that PS will remove on Tuesday at post op visit. My TEs were filled up to 400 cc each side, and the implants he put in were Natrelle Inspira SSX-495. Can't wait to see them! Still can't believe I had surgery yesterday and feel so great today.

Surgery 3/12/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 11/11/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement

Feb 10, 2019 02:19AM Mominator wrote:

Wonderful to hear the good reports from TrmTab and borogirl. 

Hoping that you continue to heal well. 

Best wishes,

Madelyn 

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS, wife, mom to 3 children of various special needs, musician, volunteer. My Mom dx DCIS age 62, ILC stage IIIA age 79; Mom just passed 2/28/18. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer age 48. Friend to Lori M, died 5/25/16. Surgery 11/11/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 6/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Feb 10, 2019 03:24AM FelineMum wrote:

Hi. I had my implant swap on Monday (2/4). Just getting to surgery was a headache. My PS's RN, a nice young women but still learning her job, insisted I have more blood work done because she didn't like my WBC from lab work a couple weeks before that and she was certain it meant I had a UTI. She ordered the labs, I went and fed the vampires and gave a urine sample. (Wow! Still not pregnant!) WBC was in the middle of the normal range. But she forgot to order followup tests with the urinalysis to test and culture any bacteria, if found. She was then off for 7 days and then back for one work day before my scheduled surgery.

If I have a UTI, no surgery. So the PS needs to know if I do. One of her co-workers was supposed to send in additional lab orders. Fax busy; didn't resend. An order is finally sent on the Thursday before my Monday surgery. I go to the lab ASAP. RN is off on Fridays. A co-worker is supposed to call me first thing Friday morning. PS has decided that even if I have a UTI, he'll operate if I've taken antibiotics for 3 days, but he only wants me on antibiotics if I actually have an infection. I agree.

Friday morning ... waiting for the phone to ring. Run some errands. It's now noon and nothing. Start calling PS' office. No one knows what I'm talking about. Ask to speak to an RN, to someone on my PS' team; to anyone who might be able to help me. "Is Courteny available?" 'Which Courtney?' "Is Jillian available?" 'Which Jillian?' Um, maybe start hiring people with different first names, have employees wear name tags or maybe give out old school business cards?

I finally reach someone around 3 p.m. (antibiotic was supposed to be started no later than 1 p.m., if needed). She informs me that Jillian left me a vm almost 30 minutes ago. Since I apparently don't listen, my test was negative and I don't need to do anything.

No one left me a vm.

Jillian was supposed to call me first thing in the morning.

I got a letter from my health insurance company yesterday saying they were denying coverage of the surgery. As I read the details, I started laughing. The new girl who's doing billing because the old girl "just quit," asked for urgent medical coverage for the wrong procedure on the wrong date without getting anything from my physician's office. Today, I got an approval letter based on info sent by my physician's office. I saw her Wednesday for something completely unrelated, but mentioned the chaos at the PS office.

So, surgery done. I has TEs put in during my bmx and I've had them since July 2017. The road's been bumpy. I'm surprised at how large my implants are. We had talked about large B/small C. I'm at least a D. My expanders had 710 ccs in them. I thought that seemed like a lot, but PS said better too much room than not enough.

I'm supposed to wear a surgical bra 24/7 and until today, I did. It's so tight that it pulls my shoulder blades back several inches, aggravating back probs I have. So, for sitting and sleeping (today/tonight at least), it's a camisole with a built-in bra.

Severe pain didn't last long. I took Norco for 48 hours. I'm still icing the swelling. Steri-strips are starting to peel and bandages came off Wednesday, as instructed. Post-op appointment on Tuesday.

I'd like some boredom, please.

Dx 2/28/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, metastasized to liver, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/2/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/26/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/26/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 3/10/2018 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 4/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/8/2018 Doxil (doxorubicin)

Feb 11, 2019 06:24PM robinblessed54 wrote:

Be careful! Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It can sneak up on you. Sounds like you have the textured ultra cohesive implants. Keep them tight and follow your doctors instructions to a "T". Do Not Overdue. Keep on feeling good and enjoy being TE free. Robin

Dx 9/2/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/25/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 10/15/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2014 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 3/5/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 3/14/2015 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 12/21/2016 Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo

Feb 13, 2019 01:55AM borogirl wrote:

Had my exchange on Friday, 2/8, and follow up with PS today. I am so happy with how they look and feel! I've got Natrelle SSX495, round smooth, and they feel just like the originals to the touch (although of course I can't feel the touch myself) and although they are a little misshapen after being bound in Ace wrap since Friday, they are symmetric and as of right now, little bruising. I am now released to drive, shower, wear whatever bras feel comfortable, light lifting (less than 10 lbs) and starting back into working out. Still supposed to sleep on back for 3-4 more weeks, not because pocket could shift, but so I don't fold the lateral incisions on them selves for healing. He doesn't think I'll need fat grafting as I had good thickness of skin flaps, but he says he will reassess that in 6 months or so. After I left his office I met a friend for lunch, bought two new pretty bras, and 2 pink champagne cupcakes. Late this afternoon I culled through my 2" thick 3 ring binder and got rid of so much collected information I no longer need. Very cleansing.

I really want to thank everyone on this board! I joined late spring of 2018 and the information and support have been invaluable as I prepared myself physically, mentally, and emotionally to do this prophylactic surgery. I am a huge researcher, but medical reports and dr.s offices only give you a certain amount of information. It also takes having someone who's gone through it to talk with. I also give great praise to God, as my faith in Him, and knowing He had a plan for me and would be with me through all of this, helped bring me peace when the anxiety flared up. I had a great contemporary Christian music playlist I listened to and daily devotionals often gave me unexpected strength. Through this process I began making mastectomy comfort care bags for all MX patients at our local hospital, which include under arm pillows, seat belt pillows, drain bag pockets, and collection of tervis cups, hand sanitzer, chapstick, thank-you cards, face wipes, and lanyard to hold drain pockets. I have also expanded into making fidget quilts for dementia patients now. It brings me joy to "pay it forward", and serves as a way for me to express my gratitude for the blessings I have been given.

Hugs to each and every one of you as you continue through your individual journeys. I pray for all women fighting this battle every day!

Surgery 3/12/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 11/11/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement

Feb 15, 2019 01:08PM FelineMum wrote:

Hi. It will be two weeks since my swap on Monday. I'm still having pain in my rib cage, especially on the right side. My PS said that the right side was more swollen after surgery. And it finally occurred to me to wonder if a "quirk" that sometimes made my fills unpleasant or painful could be responsible. I retained most of my nerve "sensations." I have a numb spot in my left underarm and that's it. The rest of my chest area never stopped having feeling. I got so tired of being told about how our minds can play tricks on us or maybe there was active nerve tissue deep under my expanders I could feel during fills, blah blah blah; that I challenged my PS's nurse to a game of "Can Feline tell where my finger is?" With my eyes closed, I knew every time, including when she wasn't touching me. I went from being a head case to an anomaly.

But I'm wondering now if the general assumption that we have little to no feeling in this area has contributed to pain in my still very active nerves? It seems like the mantra of cancer is that no two patients are alike. Until they're assumed to be alike at the worst possible time.

Dx 2/28/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, metastasized to liver, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/2/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/26/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/26/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 3/10/2018 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 4/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/8/2018 Doxil (doxorubicin)

Page 1374 of 1,374 (41,197 results)