We are 190,706 members in 81 forums discussing 142,323 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Canadians Affected by Breast Cancer → Topic: Ottawa ladies?

Topic: Ottawa ladies?

Forum: Canadians Affected by Breast Cancer —

Canadian health care, clinical trials, and life in general in the north.

Posted on: Sep 21, 2011 04:07PM

caro46 wrote:

Hi all,

I`d really like to chat with other women from the Nepean/Barrhaven area who are dealing with BC.  I m from out of town and don't see my family too often so it would be nice to find support in the area!

Carolyne

Page 39 of 39 (1,146 results)

Posts 1141 - 1146 (1,146 total)

Jun 29, 2017 04:10PM redninrah wrote:

Ah, ok thanks :) well hope the summer gang is doing well!!! summer is here, well once we get rid of the monsoon. LOL

Jun 30, 2017 08:28AM beebs2704 wrote:

Hey here Ottawa ladies!

So nice to hear from a few familiar voices again. JoJo such a drag you had that fatigue but you know somehow it catches us in treatment or post treatment. Nasty stuff this cancer business. I'm glad that you are felling more like yourself again! Cristalle, how did you feel about passing the one year mark? Mine was uneventful but still haven't got my mammogram since it wasn't properly ordered. Some days I'm still tired..you would think 6 months after rads it would stop?

I took an epic trip in May to Africa for 5 weeks with my daughter and it was exactly what I needed..the holiday was incredible and full of lasting memories. Now I am no longer worried about recurrence. I'm thankful for that.

Them hot flashes keep coming though...!

B

Dx 6/15/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/13/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/18/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/13/2016 Whole-breast

Jun 30, 2017 10:39AM Fiddler wrote:

Hi ladies,

JoJo, sorry about the fatigue. Hope it's better now. Beth, I'm reassured (for me) to hear you sometimes have it too. When I mentioned it to the doctor, he said, "It's called getting old," but I think it's still a residue from all the nasty treatment. Like you, I just have days once in a while when I am tired. Glad you had your trip to Africa. We went to S. Africa about six years ago and it was so wonderful.

My diagnosis anniversary was June 24, I still continue with the Herceptin every three weeks till the end of Sept. Thankfully not too many side effects from that (maybe the fatigue is from the Herceptin?) No hot flashes for me (well just natural ones), thank God, I am not on anti-hormone med!

Things are looking up for us as my husband just (finally) found a job and his lawsuit is a sure win. No more worrying about money. That was getting old. So hopefully we will have a better year this year!

Happy Canada Day!

Alana

Alana Dx 6/24/2016, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/8/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/26/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 10/17/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 12/27/2016 Whole-breast: Breast

Jul 3, 2017 02:30PM chantalbe wrote:

Nice to hear from everyone! My mammogram is scheduled for Wednesday, July 5. I'm feeling a bit nervous about it.

Dx 4/15/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/4/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 AC + T (Taxol)

Jul 5, 2017 01:41PM Ciaci wrote:

Not in Ottawa, just wanted to poke my head in and let redninrah (and anyone else) know that it's spelled "ribociclib" - it's hard not to type these names in wrong - and there's quite a bit of info if you search the name.

Hope your friend gets some answers!!

Dx 4/18/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes Surgery 4/23/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary

Jul 7, 2017 10:53AM JoJo_1964 wrote:

Wow Beth! Good for you! Bonus you got to share it with your daughter. We should start a facebook private group so we can share pics as I would love to see your vacation.

Alana, that's great news for you too! How did your radiation go?

Hospital called to schedule my MRI of brain to keep tabs on the tumour they found. I'm told its a very common one that usually does nothing and lots of people walk around with one not knowing they have it. Hospital realized they forgot to send me for bloodwork first, so they couldn't book the appt until they receive the blood results. Somehow that didn't bother me as I'm in no rush for another brain MRI.

Have a great weekend!

J

Dx 4/26/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 6/21/2016 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 39 of 39 (1,146 results)