Join Us

We are 224,981 members in 83 forums discussing 163,825 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Forum: Bonded by Breast Cancer —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 01:40PM

bluedahlia wrote:

A little birdie told me to come back and save the day......

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 374 of 397 (11,909 results)

Posts 11191 - 11220 (11,909 total)

Sep 21, 2021 09:42AM 2019whatayear wrote:

Here is the wiki regarding Missing White Woman Syndrome:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_...

The difference in how missing persons are treated based on race is stark.

100% agree magiclight

5/6/2019 IDC 2cm, micromet 1/9 nodes, BRCA2+, ER+, PR+, HER- BMX 6/2019, A/C & Taxol 2019, Radiation, BSO - preventative 2/2020, Letrozole 3/1/2020, Started Lynparza for 1 year preventative on 7/18/2021

Sep 21, 2021 09:58AM magiclight wrote:

Thanks 2019...I did not know that Wiki (a favorite site) described that syndrome. The detailed table of missing women (none over 35) and the supporting citations is worth a second look. I learn something new almost every day reading these posts.

Surgery 4/26/2015 Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1 Surgery

Sep 21, 2021 10:53AM ruthbru wrote:

It's not that they shouldn't look for young, white women who are missing; it's that every missing person deserves the same level of concern and effort.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 21, 2021 10:55AM AliceBastable wrote:

The discrepancy in how perpetrators of crimes are treated is bad enough: death by being crushed under a knee or shot if you're Black, versus getting a goddamned hamburger if you're white. The discrepancy in how victims and their families are treated is a moral disgrace and not addressed often enough.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Boring. Hope it stays that way. Dx 5/2018, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 21, 2021 11:05AM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 21, 2021 11:05AM - edited Sep 21, 2021 11:06AM by ruthbru

*if he's not on drugs, I will eat my hat!

Sep 21, 2021 11:07AM ruthbru wrote:

Sep 21, 2021 01:31PM magiclight wrote:

I wonder what that person's research found that fear of vaccine was worse than this scenario

Surgery 4/26/2015 Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1 Surgery

Sep 21, 2021 02:00PM - edited Sep 21, 2021 02:02PM by DivineMrsM

Yes, I've been aware of missing white woman syndrome for years. Attractive, young women or girls gone missing are hyped by the media because that's what sells. I, too, wondered why suddenly this latest young woman's missing, now turned deadly case was blowing up on the news and all social platforms. I remember a story several years back where a gunman went into a Lane Bryant clothing store and killed 5 women. The victims were all large black women, The gunman was never found. I found the story shocking, but it barely stayed in the media spotlight at all. That sickens me.

The MWWS is also a way the media always likes to portray women as victims. It seems the majority of stories on Dateline, 48 Hours and 20/20 involve the disappearance and/or death of attractive young females.

As girls are growing up, they are most often praised for being “good", “nice", “well-mannered", “pretty". There is a meme that says we should teach girls to prioritize feeling safe over being nice.

found lump 12-22-10—ilc—er+/pr+/her2—stage iv bone mets—chemo~lumpectomy~radiation~arimidex—March 2019-ibrance/aromasin* —Sept 2019-verzenio* —March 2020-xeloda*

Sep 21, 2021 02:55PM Miriandra wrote:

The Onion has a brilliant take on white privilege in the justice system.

Judge Rules White Girl Will Be Tried as Black Adult - The Onion

Dx 5/31/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+ Surgery 8/14/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Sep 21, 2021 03:46PM MinusTwo wrote:

That's a funny but very sad clip. Thanks for posting.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 22, 2021 12:44AM magiclight wrote:

Mirianda, powerful way to pull back another layer of the racial justice onion.

Sep 22, 2021 10:05AM magiclight wrote:

Sep 22, 2021 02:49PM IllinoisLady wrote:

"When you do not question what will be,
you allow yourself to be present with All That Is."

The Voice For Love

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 22, 2021 02:51PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Do I see a picture of Barrett up above. Sigh !!!

May be a Twitter screenshot of one or more people and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot If the Republican Party doesn't move ahead without Donald Trump, it will be destroyed. But Donald Trump will destroy the Republican Party if it tries to move ahead without him. Best Catch-2 ever.'

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 22, 2021 02:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Dear Republican Geezus, I pray that the gullible sheep I'm conning don't become aware that they're being conned until AFTER I've drained every last cent out of them. Protect those swindling on my behalf from prosecution until AFTER they've given me every coin they've conned. Finally, don't let my kids figure out that I'll throw them under the bus in a New York minute to save myself until AFTER they're in prison. AMEN! American News X'

Sep 22, 2021 03:08PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I'll take her word for it ( has a ring to it, and more so when I see pics of having put something up his nose ) but I don't think the lot of them together have much going on. Sounds like there is a good possibility all of them could be indicted. Don't know -- not enough brains or just good old fashioned total greed.

May be a cartoon of 2 people and text that says 'MAJOR BREAKING Mary Trump just said Donald Trump Jr. is the "stupidest one" in her family. Do you agree with Mary? CALL TOACTIVISM'

Sep 22, 2021 03:10PM IllinoisLady wrote:

May be an image of text that says 'Liberal parents worry about our kids getting Covid at school, getting shot at school, being forced by the government to carry an unwanted child to term, and living in a world ravaged by climate change. CADOF.ORG Conservative parents worry their kids will earn about racism. CADOF.ORG CONSERVATIVES ARE DESTROYING OUR FUTURE'

Sep 22, 2021 03:13PM IllinoisLady wrote:

A few memes as I recover from anesthesia this afternoon. I'm not at all sure I'd make much sense if I tried to say too much. Also, the small bit of news I've heard today didn't sound great, as it sounds like some of our Democrats can't get with it ( same ones pretty much. Sinema and Manchin ) and we have several important things coming. Biden's agenda and debt ceiling.

Sep 23, 2021 01:21PM IllinoisLady wrote:

And when we come to think of it, goodness is uneventful. It does not flash, it glows. It is deep, quiet, and very simple. It passes not with oratory, it is commonly foreign to riches, nor does it often sit in the places of the mighty: but may be felt in the touch of a friendly hand or the look of a kindly eye. -David Grayson

Sep 23, 2021 01:29PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I am not sure why we continue to give the Reps. such a long tether. For a very long time they have been much more than willing to do us in. This was going on before the other orange guy was in the WH. Once he was in they kept doing it, but they got permission to be it seems especially nasty about it all with an orange attitude.

I would like to think a couple of the holdouts on our side would get with it. We try to do everything by the book. I think the other guy and the Reps. just forgot there is a book period.

Mitch McConnell To Use The Filibuster To Blow Up The Economy With Default

Senate Republicans, led by Sen. Mitch McConnell, plan to use the filibuster to block Democrats from preventing a default.

Read more »

Sep 23, 2021 01:34PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Did she even look at this graph before she took her shot at Pres. Biden. Says one thing to me. No surprise that she was press secretary for the other guy. Bothe of them are as dumb as a rock.

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says 'Kayleigh McEnany @kayleighmcenany The U.S. murder rate under Joe Biden... Lachlan Markay Grim nytimes.com/2021/09/22/up... @lachlan 17h Change in the U.S. Murder Rate There is no precedent for last year's increase in the murder rate. The previous largest one-year increase was 12.7 percent in 1968. +30% +20 +10 1960 1970 1980 1990 Source: F.B.I.; 2020 estimate, NYT By The New York Times 2000 2010 2020'

Sep 23, 2021 01:36PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ah yes:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'MAGA CULT WAITING FOR TRUMP TO BE REINSTATED'

Sep 23, 2021 01:39PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'THERE'S NOBODY'S OPINION I VALUE LESS THAN A TRUMP SUPPORTER'S'

Sep 23, 2021 01:41PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Exactly:

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT! REPUBLICANS WEREN'T CONCERNED ABOUT THE BUDGET WHEN THEY HELPED TRUMP PASS HIS TRAVESTY $1.9 TRILLION TAX BILL THAT PRIMARILY BENEFITTED THE RICH. REPUBLICANS WEREN'T CONCERNED ABOUT THE BUDGET AS TRUMP SHOVELED BILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS TO FARMERS TO SMOOTH OVER HIS DISASTROUS TRADE WAR. REPUBLICANS WEREN'T CONCERNED ABOUT THE BUDGET WHEN TRUMP SPENT HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS GOLFING AT HIS OWN RESORTS. BUT, REPUBLICANS ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE BUDGET NOW THAT JOE BIDEN IS TRYING TO PASS A BILL THAT WILL HELP AMERICA AND AMERICANS? American NewsX'

Sep 23, 2021 01:49PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I know some people would not agree with these ratings -- but Pres. Obama was extremely good and it seems like Biden is not far behind. I hope that continues on. As to the other orange guy, he is and was definitely last, no ifs, ands, or buts.

May be a cartoon of 1 person and text that says 'MAJOR BREAKING Poll ranks Obama as best all-time US President, Trump ranked as worst Raise your hand if you agree! CALL TO ACTIVISM'

Sep 23, 2021 01:54PM AliceBastable wrote:

Kayleigh McInanity just loves to show how stupid she is. What's sad (and infuriating) is the trumphumpers who think she's smart.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Boring. Hope it stays that way. Dx 5/2018, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 23, 2021 02:01PM - edited Sep 23, 2021 02:39PM by exbrnxgrl

Kayleigh has deleted that tweet but, of course, it lives on. I wonder how long it took her to figure out that Biden was not President in 2020 🤔?

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Sep 23, 2021 02:31PM - edited Sep 23, 2021 02:31PM by Spookiesmom

She can read??

First time IDGgrade 3, stage 3. Second time, found lump myself. That made me stage 4. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Sep 23, 2021 05:19PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Spookiesmom -- if you give her some time.

Page 374 of 397 (11,909 results)