We are 187,560 members in 81 forums discussing 141,004 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: African Americans With Breast Cancer → Topic: African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Topic: African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Forum: African Americans With Breast Cancer —

African Americans with breast cancer who want to connect.

Posted on: Dec 2, 2007 06:19PM - edited Dec 2, 2007 06:19PM by TripleNeg

TripleNeg wrote:

Wow, I've been away from the boards for a while and had to create a new user account and was pleasantly surprised to find this link. I'm stage 4 with triple negative breast cancer. I don't know if anyone has started a discussion about that here or not. 

Just to introduce myself and how I ended up here. I had a breast reduction in 2005 and right before discharge, the doctor told me they found breast cancer in the tissue they removed. The Oncologist that I went to told me that I didn't need chemo only a mastectomy. So I belived him and 10 months later, I researched triple negative breast cancer and found out that I should have had chemo but it was too late. Insurance said no. I requested a CT scan and low and behold, there was the breast cancer in my lungs. I did high dose chemo in October of 2006 and went into remission for 10 months and it came back again. I did chemo in November 2007, resigned my job, signed up for disability and now I'm stable. I share all of this just so you would know a little about me and where I am now in this battle for my life.

I've had several friends who've recently passed away; 2 in one week and now 2 in hospice. It's not what I envisioned for my life at age 42 but, God is able to turn this around and keep me here for many years to come. Stephanie

p.s. Here'a link I wanted to share with you regarding Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Knowledge is power; spread the word!

http://www.wusa9.com/news/columnist/blogs/2007/10/breast-cancer-triple-negative-factor.html

"The girl who became emotionally distraught, and wavered at each new set of circumstances is now grown up, a woman who has learned to rely on God's sovereignty" Joni Eareckson Tada

Page 24 of 24 (696 results)

Posts 691 - 696 (696 total)

Feb 1, 2017 12:52AM lLinda wrote:

Hello Valstim52, Welcome to the thread. I am Lil getting back on here, but hope to do better about checking in. Hope all goes well for you , a lot of us traveling this journey, you are not alone. I had my chemo Herceptin today, it is maintenance to keep Lil ca

at bay. Keep your head up, stay in faith. Til next time.

Llinda

LINDA C

Feb 12, 2017 09:48PM patoo wrote:

Hi Valstim52 (and all of you). Haven't been on these boards in several weeks. Life does get in the way but Valstim52 you will note that we all began where you are. I'm 8 years out and still going strong so hang in there. We may not come on often but if you need to reach out please do not hesitate to PM (click on our name to send a private message). I and these wonderful ladies will help as much as possible with prayer, advice, resources.

Phyllis

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/2/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel

Feb 28, 2017 02:59AM - edited Feb 28, 2017 03:01AM by lLinda

Hello Friends,

I do hope all is well in your lives, as well as can be expected.

I am good and Thankful to have had my 70th Birthday, I feel "Blessed!

Hope you all will " Weigh in," I'm a little better with this tablet, so I'll be lurking.

Till next time, Be Blessed!

LINDA C

May 8, 2017 08:46PM patoo wrote:

Hello iLinda, and a very belated Happy Birthday. 70 - YAY!!!

This is my first time on in a few months but hope to start checking in again a little more often, or at least once or twice a week. Glad you are doing okay.

Hello to all. Trust your silence, like mine, is just that "life" has gotten in the way and all is relatively well for you all.

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/2/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel

May 9, 2017 02:43AM lLinda wrote:

Hello patoo, sooo glad to hear from you. I was just checking in and saw you posted.

I hope all is well with you. I won't complain.

Hello to everyone else. Will check in again soon, want to hear what is going on in every body's world!

Sincerely,

Llinda

LINDA C

May 13, 2017 08:34PM patoo wrote:

Some of my BCo friends are coming to my timeshare in Daytona Beach FL November 5-10. Anyone in the area or wanting to fly in and join us are very welcome (as long as you are flexible on our sleeping arrangements which can involve sharing a bed or sleeping on an air mattress). We've gotten together for 4-6 days every year, this is year 7. PM me if interested.

Page 24 of 24 (696 results)