Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Wait a minute Lara---u just got LAID OFF from work, just like that. Did they call or how did this happen?? OMG what news--it's awful==Oh God I feel terrible---did u have any idea this was coming? I'm so sorry--

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited May 2013

Had no idea called me out of the blue

They laid off the whole team 16 of us gone

I've been crying all day

What am I going to do

Cyn how do I get a job like yours

I can't believe this

I'm so upset

What crazy timing

I lost it cammie came out of left field

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Oh Lara I can't believe this either--u never seemed to be concerned realy but 16 people in ome day---this is crazy--OK calm down, can u get unemployment or were u on work related dis,? if that's gone u can go on uemployment--OK we all have to think--Oh u can go to u'r county and get hep with electric, gas or whatever u have.--there has ro be more. OK we'll think. Don't cry anymore u can't waste the moisture. Just relax takedeep breaths and maybe some drugs or hits whatever just relax. We'll all be thinking OK? 

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2013

Chit..Im so sorry to hear that Lara.  I dont know if there is ever a good time for a layoff but is it even legal for them to do that with your pending FMLA?  I dont know much about the Americans with Disabilities Act but that to me would sound like something that you could fight.  I wish I had some good advice for you. 

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Lara someone will.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2013

(((((lara)))))))),would it be worth calling human resources monday to clarify your situation

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited June 2013

OMG LARA....I agree....call HR on Monday and clarify.  You HAVE to be eligible for some sort of relief.  This is the PITS!!  Fight it Girlfriend!!  If you need me to make some phone calls...I will...I have ALL DAY monday...I can get lots done...jes tell me who/what/numbs etc...I'll do...I mean it!!!  ((((LARA))))

Dorfy - Your day is over...what we dwinking....???  Lets have EXTRA for Lara...she needs it.  Julie is on board...let's get RIPPED!! How's things going wif dad and mom??

Cyndielou - OMG...good advice...ADA...that's where to go...this is jes not fair! 

I'm waiting on DH....this is his late day.  His 'feed bag' is ready...still waiting.  But I got tons done today and YES...my back is screaming at me...but I'm on dwindy #3...it is da bestest medicine!  Am anxious to learn about mj when I got to SanFran on the 19th.  I may find dat cooked in brownies or whatever be da bestest.  We shall see !

Cami - wtf wif da finger??  u pulling a Dorfy...as in pullin da finger???  Well mese hopes it heals a quickly ya kno

OK....doubles all around...ya wif me Julie n Cami?  How bout you Beckers...ya ready to tie on on?? 

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited June 2013

Omg Lara! They suck!!! Call HR for sure. You can get COBRA for health insurance.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited June 2013

chit CHIT and mo chIT! how could they Lara? you have RIGHTS as a survivor, mese nose ye do. as fer calling HR........WHALE,phuk dem! and dese momma's twos. I hate HR peeps. but still.....mese say you call dem and tail dem what habbening and jest see what dey sez. QUEERIE from de Dorky one, Orange....mese needs to know if ye has used ober six monfs of FMLA in de last year or collendar year. bcuz if you have not used de FMLA, deze required to PORTECT yE yob. and if dey let ye go whilst ye has de FMLA time due, DEYS BESE PHUCKING OUTTA COMPLIANCE WiT dE law. tlak to an attorney, k? tank GOD for Cobra benefits BUT dese motor phuckers cant jest toss you like dis.Do ye need me to get mese people on dis now? ughhhh!

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited June 2013

Lara, so sorry tp hear what has happened.  The Babes are right - get every bit of help you are entitled to.  Get out there and fight for your rights girl.

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

Thank u everyone those fuckers

ok I talked with human resources they were kissing my ass wonder why

They are giving me my full pay for 2 months

and they will pay one month of cobra

the women who called me was the head of HR she just had her foobs in from a mastectomy

the other one who called me was this dumb bitch and I freaked I screamed I was hysterical

so any way listen to this chit the women who had her boobs in goes well im back to work in 4 days good for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That might not b me Look at poor dorkie

And no I have not used all my FMLA

and I am calling an attroney

actually I'm calling the NY discrimination office

IM scared if I do a fuss they might not give me what they said

so mybe ill wait to call the discrimination office..........................

Mybe if I do that they will give me a big pay off

they didn't know I was going on FMLA they did get rid of the whole team 16 people they ruined are life I go to the guy I hope you can sleep at night bam I put the zoots on him...

ITs freaking 98 degress and I have to go to the wedding

mema thank u for saying u would call they prob wouldn't release information

should I call discrimination on MONDAY? OR will it risk what they gave me

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

HR knew I was going on FMLA wed

The guy who was on the phone didnt know

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

OMG I can't believe u got all this done lready Lara--u'r amazing--I was frozen when u told me and even as I ws thibking last nite I did't know what else to say to help u. I'm so glad everyone knows so much about all this and knows who to call and what to do. To fire 16 people just like that they're MF's----U must be exhausted from all of this nd tonite's the wedding. Maybe that's what u need??? Lara (((HUGS)))

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

glad the ladies were able to help you lara, go get them girl!

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited June 2013

Oh Lara, I just now got on the thread, and can't believe that. So glad you told the girls here, as they had some good advice. Just don't give up, you have rights, and this is just the time to use them. BUT very hard, with all going on with your upcoming surgery. I will be praying for you, ok?

Just now we looked out our window and the entire Eiffel Tower is covered in twinkling lights....it is 11pm so very dark out. I am so glad I read this earlier, as it is just for 5 min on the hour, just till a certain time. It is AWESOME!!! We did go there today, and walked right up to it, plus took a boat ride on the Seine River, which is right in front of the Eiffel Tower....which is between the river and a busy street! Could not believe how close to the busy road it is....you usually see pictures of it from the other side, with the wide, mosaic paved area in front of it.

ANYWAY, sad news, and wish I was at home. My DD had surgery on her tongue on Friday (we left on Thurs),and it IS cancer...not even sure they got it all (it was along the side). Then they had to keep her overnight because of unexpected swelling. It really breaks my heart that I am not there with her. Just kills me. Apparently they can't do more surgery, and she will have to see the rads dr, and still waiting on more biopsy results. I don't know who has been keeping the kids (think its her friend), but my neighbor has been feeding our dogs. My other DD drives in from Texas tomorrow (12hrs) to help her sister out, and will stay at our house and feed the dogs too. We knew about the surgery a wk before, but I didn't think it really would be that bad, and end up being cancerous. SO please send out prayers if you have time, I really, really, appreciate all your prayers. We don't get home till late next Thurs, so this is breaking me up.

Hugs to all, Kat

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

((((((kathy  and her daughter))))) and prayers

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Oh Kat I'm so sorry--I've never heard of such  thing. OMG u must be beside u'rself, but u'r other DD will be there for her--tht's what families re all about. So wait til u hear what they plan and u know u'll be home before u know it. (((PRAYERS))) for u'r DD Kt and (((HUGS))) for u and lots of them.

• wahine
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the hugs and prayers, girls!!!

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

good morning all,hope lara,shannon and kats daughter had restful nights

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited June 2013

Prayers and thoughts for Kathy and her family.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Good Morning---I had trouble with my comouter and I m useless and somehow I fized it, but I have no idea how I did it.

I feel so bad ith all these things hppening--One thing Lara I'm glad at least u'r getting 2 months pay--it's not a solution, but it helps somewhat.

And Kat chit I don't get this one at all--Is this a painful thing for u'r DD--Bless her heart.

Dork how are things going with u'r parents.?

Prayers going out.

• wahine
    edited June 2013

Hi All,

Hope you are getting some good results, Lara...hard to fight when you are in pain and going to surgery soon, and its NOT FAIR at all, but am glad you are willing to fight for your rights.

Yes, Cami, her tongue has been very painful....started in Dec after a filling, got a sore, then it got worse, then the pain was so bad it was radiating down her jaw and she could hardly talk. So now we still don't know her prognosis, not sure if she is waiting to see the rads dr till after I get home? They don't even have all the biopsy results. She wrote me the sweetest note. AND today was the day we had free for shopping, and I wanted to get her something special from Paris, BUT the malls and shoppes are closed on Sunday. WTH??? Maybe they are open by the major attractions, but that is mostly tourist crap. Hoping to find a small shoppe that might be open, or else hoping they have some nice stuff at the airport. THe mall with food court also closed at 8pm last night (Saturday), so they were all packing up way before that. FUNNY....since they eat so late here, and it is not dark until waaay after 9pm. Regular restaurants were open though, so we were ok. I was surprised our stores have such longer hours, and are open Sundays.

Well, just pooped (said on poipose) in to say hi....DH is napping (duh) and thats when I have the most time to catchup. On to Prague tamarra....

Hugsssssssssssssssssssssss,

Katwinka

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

(((HUGS))) Kat

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

prayers wahine that must b tough being away noe

how cool about the effiel Tower

Im exhausted from the wedding left early too much on my mind

my family knew so no big deal

surgery is wed

so 3 days crazy I just need to focus on this and get back on my feet as quick as I can

yes I am going to call disability or dicrimination  just to see

hey if Im entitiled to more why not

Nice men Juliet

well im going to rest

ck in later

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited June 2013

Good morning, Loungettes! 

My apologies for being MIA.  It's a bit of a long story, and I kinda need to vent, so skip over this part if you want, I'll understand!  I have been feeling like crap with the springtime allergies kicking up my asthma, or so I thought.  I was doing all the stuff I could to control the asthma and feeling worse all the time, so I finally let myself get talked into going to walk in care.  Not allergies, although it probably started out that way.  Asthma, with probably pneumonia.  So here I am on steroids and antibiotics and all that lovely fun stuff and working my but off with a huge case load getting bigger by the day. All I could do last week was try to sleep and try to keep moving during the day.  My case load, should be 15.  I had 19 as of a week ago, 22 by the middle of last week with 2 families in crisis and new patients coming on actively dying.  All while I felt like I wanted to die.  And I'm not smart enough to take a day or two off, 'cause I was already so far behind that I wasn't seeing daylight.  So I ended up having a total meltdown in the office Friday morning, and working half a day yesterday to get everything done.  I've still got paperwork piled up, but it's stuff I can handle in a half an hour of quiet time that I'll get when I go in tomorrow am.  4 patients have been transferred to another nurse. 4 new patients came on during the week, and a couple more are coming on this weekend, I think, and at least 2 more next week.  My house is a disaster, I haven't mowed the lawn once and it's almost waist high, no garden work done, Sadie's getting almost no attention, and I'm feeling like a total failure all the way around. And I got a letter from the IRS notifying me that I owe them $3000+ for missing a document a couple years ago.   And Firefox has been acting weird and being very slow so I've got to switch to internet explorer (I'm on that now) and try to get all my bookmarks moved and it pisses me off that it's been so hard to get onto BCO and talk to my breasties.  So, this is my virtual screaming out loud.  My life is NOT in balance right now and I am so NOT happy about it.  On the other hand, I am feeling better as far as breathing and not coughing so hard I have to wear depends (not fun when it's 80 degrees with 90% humidity).  I am going to do NOTHING having to do with work today.  Not even answer the phone if it rings.  I am going to do 2 loads of laundry, pick up and sweep the floors, run the dishwasher and see if the mower wills start today.  And take a nap if I feel like it.  And turn on the AC in the bedroom for tonight.  And get caught up on the goings on in the HTL!!!  

BBBBernie--aha, now I have a name for my funk these last couple of weeks, a feeling sorry for myself episode!  Can I steal your label?  Glad you're feeling better.  I never thought about using a money belt.  I do only carry the cash I plan to use on a given day when I'm vacationing.  I'm a fan of pre-paid Visa or Mastercards for traveling, too.  Acutally I use them to help with budgeting, too.  Oh. Lordy, I wonder what that poor person got for breakfast! 

Juliet--working at the wellness center sounds like a nice change up from floor work!

Wahine--how do you keep yourself, your travels and your parents' appointments all straight??? You are amazing! And you sound like you're all up to date on the scams and problems to watch out for. 

ORLA--I hear you about annoying!  Hope your feeling better by now.  TORNADOES??? I'd be terrified!  Please stay safe!

COFFEE--yes, I  have been living on coffee for the last week!  Lost 4 pounds!  Oh,wait, no, that was from coughing out one of my lungs. . . .

Mema--please stay away from rads if you possibly can.  My asthma/breathing problems over the last couple of years are most likely from rad damage to my left lung, but I've had so much rads that they will only do chest x-rays if it's absolutely necessary and then they have to brow beat me into it so I don't have medical proof.  You don't need all this secondary damage on top of the beast itself, trust me. 

Cammy--what's up with your finger??? Oh, I see, one of those little owies that hurt way too much.  Milk it for all it's worth, honey!

Becs--not good when the assignment is kicking your butt, what can I do to help?  Your onc is not telling tales, when a cancer cell breaks off from a tumor and travels to another part of the body, usually fairly near by and lands and grows it's called seeding.  That's how medicine explains the mets that don't go through  the blood or lymphatic systems. 

DorKable--going back to work??  Woohoo! 

ORLA--your whole team got laid off?  Out of the blue?  $hit!  So not right!!!!!!  No wonder you lost it, who wouldn't????  Do you have all the info yet--the why and how and what next?  Getting laid off qualifies you for unemployment doesn't it?  Contact the social worker at your cancer center and tell them about this, there are lots of ways to get medical care covered under bad situations if you know where to look, and the social workers do.  Also contact the American Cancer Society, they have some resources.  The ADA does get involved in situations like this, too. OMG I sish I was close enough to see you and give you a hug and a shoulder. 

Mema--I have been learning a lot about medical marijuana lately, the local dispensary actually sells granola with mj in it, as well as tinctures and other preparations.  I didn't realize how complex it got! 

ORLA--all everyone NOW.  Get everyone involved NOW.  That's the best way to make sure your rights are protected.  And get everything from HR IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!

Wahine--Oh,dear, your poor DD, and so hard for you to be so far away.  I am praying for all of you. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Sometimes Life Sucks Out Loud Fixer

4 1/2 oz. Blue Curacao

1 1/2 oz. Absolut Vodka

Instructions

Fill a shaker 2/3 with ice, then add Absolut and curacao. Shake until well chilled and serve in a cocktail glass. Optionally, you could layer a splash of Absolut Red on top and flame if the glass will handle it (ALWAYS USE CAUTION WITH FIRE).

I'm planning to skip the blue curacao and the fire. 

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

NM here's a big hug

It's completely normal to have a breakdown

I get it

I had one as well

I have also done the same at work

You need rest and take care of u

So what the grass is high it can all wait

U having a heavy case load and u r sick u need to rest

We don't need u in the hospital

Here's another hug

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited June 2013

Thank you, ORLA

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

((((((nm)))))))),  try and rest today and play with sadie, we don't you want you getting any sicker!