Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited June 2013

oh yes that xanax will help NM

How r u doing Juliet

Cammie thats sounds nice

I am cutting back on the pain pills

under my suture is blood and when I showered it stung so I know these are the stitches that need to b taken out and I am prob not closed up yet

so still doing the sit around watching movies

I call it the sit around club whos with me?

I still have pain in between my foobs thats were she did work

pop in later

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Orange u'r still in pain??? Geeze I'm sorry--I'm having a bad day today, nothing drastic just me stuff--so I'll be watvhing with u. I might just watch a tape cuz I don't see much on for us. LOL

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2013

Hi ladies. Haven't been able to post here until now and my only excuse is that I don't gave the patience for this tiny tablet key board.

This trip has been amazing and for the icing on the cake I get to spend a day with BBBernie the day after tomorrow!

I know some of you are going throughsome hard times

. My heart is with you. I lit a candle and put in a prayer request at Westminster Abbey for all of the bco women and their famlies.

Miss you girls. Love you

Cyndielouwho

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

Post pics that is so great cyn

Cammie yes nothing on at all

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited June 2013

Good evening, Loungettes!  Home again, home again.  Raining like a sun of a gun here.  Tired tonight, looking forward to a hot shower and a good cuddle with Sadie.  Now to ketchup from this ayem. . .

Wahine-it is nice to know that there are some compassionate companies out there!

Becs--Yikes, scary to have a fire so close that the helicopters are flying over your house.  You probably will not be in the same kind of situation with the Elavil.  If the every other day thing isn't working with the effexor, go back on 37.5 every day for a week.  Then try skipping every 3rd day for 12 days.  The go to every other day for a week or so.  Then try stopping.  The key is to give your body at least a week at each step to adjust, longer if it needs it.  Don't try to change the Elavil until you have been off the Effexor for at least a month.  There can be a rebound of depression if you stop the meds too quickly. And depression is not something you can just "snap out of."  It's a real chemical issue in the brain itself.   You really had a hard time with your  Dad last year, didn't you?   It is harder when the patient is someone you love.  Hoping you’re  feeling better quickliest!

Cammy--yeah, messing with brain chemistry can cause some weird feelings, don't they?

ORLA--What on earth could HR want from YOU?  Good grief!!!!  

BBBBernie--Juliet is right, early glaucoma is easily treated and not too problematic.  Hang in there!

Cammy--raining too hard to go plant shopping this evening.  Tomorrow evening, maybe. 

ORLA--yes, the xanax did help, and I have felt much better today.  I'd love to join the sit around club, if only I could make a good living doing that! 

CynCyn--tiny tablet key boards must be a real pain!  I know the keyboard on the phone is a pain in the anatomy.  Enjoy your visit with Bernie!

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited June 2013

Ello! I have had a day of sleep, sleep and more sleep. Feeling better but not normal yet. No more big D and stomach not cramping. I'm kind of excited that yesterday was my one year anniversary of quitting smoking. I never thought I could quit so it's a big deal for me.

Thank you so much NM for helping me quit the Effexor. I took the 37.5 today. Forget trying for a day off. Ha! Also, I am so relieved about the Elavil. I think because I have MS I may always deal with depression. At least that's what I came to accept years ago. I still wish I could get rid of some meds, but I don't think so. Yes, losing my Dad was very hard on me. Turned life as we knew it upside-down. :-(

Hi Cyn! How awesome that you lit the candle at Westminster abbey!! I want to see Europe some day! I love traveling.

Orange n Cami, no monster movies today?? Why u not feeling too good Cams??

Orange, how's the healing? I remember I could not shower for the longest. Do you have much pain? In Dec I had a stage 2 surgery and most of my incisions were where I was

numb still. Do your new girls feel cold because of the implants?

Ok, I think I should stand up and stretch. Happy twos day!! Cheers!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Sorry not on much today--

Becks 1yr quit smoking congrats. It is a big deal.  YYYAAAYYY Wow u are having a heck of a time with those meds, just do exactly what NM says--follow everything.

NM u do sound better--be careful with all the rain==we're supposed to get some good storms tomorrow.

Cynu've got to be having a great time and i more day til BBBernie--I'm so glad u'r on this trip. I hope u'r takin' lots of pics for us. Be safe.

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited June 2013

Love and Marriage:

• "If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it.  It takes too long." -- Glenn, age 7

• "Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." -- John, age 9

• "I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." -- Manuel, age 8

• "No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell.  That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." -- Mae, age 9

• "Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too." -- Greg, age 8

• "Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." -- Tom, age 5

• "On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." -- Mike, 10

• "I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when Dinosaurs is on television." -- Jill, age 6

• "One of the people has freckles, and so he finds somebody else who has freckles too." -- Andrew, age 6

• "My mother says to look for a man who is kind.  That's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome." -- Carolyn, age 8

• "It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -- Kenny, age 7

• "One of you should know how to write a check.  Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills." -- Ava, age 8

• "When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced.'" -- Anita, 9

• "I'm not rushing into being in love.  I'm finding fourth grade hard enough." -- Regina, age 10

• "Most men are brainless, so you might have to try more than once to find a live one." -- Angie, age 10

• "A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together." -- Marlon, age 10

• "[Being] single is better . . . for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to change no diapers.  Of course, if I did get married, I'd figure something out.  I'd just phone my mother and have her come over for some coffee and diaper-changing." -- Kirsten, age 10

• "Love is foolish...but I still might try it sometime." -- Floyd, age 9

• "Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it.  I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me." -- Dave, age 8

Kissing:

• "When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down, and they don't get up for at least an hour." -- Wendy, age 8

• "You should never kiss a girl unless you have enough bucks to buy her a big ring and her own VCR, 'cause she'll want to have videos of the wedding." -- Jim, age 10

• "Never kiss in front of other people. It's a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you. But if nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours." -- Kally, age 9

• "You learn [how to kiss] right on the spot when the gooshy feelings get the best of you." -- Doug, age 7

• "If it's your mother, you can kiss her anytime.  But if it's a new person, you have to ask permission." -- Roger, age 6

• "It's never okay to kiss a boy. They always slobber all over you.  That's why I stopped doing it." -- Tammy, age 10

• "I know one reason kissing was created.  It makes you feel warm all over, and they didn't always have electric heat or fireplaces or even stoves in their houses." -- Gina, age 8

• "The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that." -- Curt, age 7

• "The rules goes like this: if you kiss someone, then you should marry her and have kids with her.  It's the right thing to do." -- Howard, age 8

• (on seeing a couple kissing) "He is trying to steal her chewing gum!" -- Boy, age 6
  • juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited June 2013

good morning bernieLaughing

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited June 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Still raining.  Poor Sadie just gave me the most pathetic look when I made her go out to piddle this ayem.  She got me back, came in all wet and leaned on me.  So now I'm damp, too.  Poor baby!

Becs--Congrats on the quitsmokingversary!  Good for you! YW for the ideas, just keep in mind that weaning off something like Effexor takes time, and sometimes you have to back up a step and give the ol' bod some more time at a particular level along the way.  And it's only been a year since you lost your Dad, you are still grieving and recovering from that.  So be kind to yourself. 

Cammy--yes, I am feeling better.  I probably should have gotten a xanax night's sleep a couple of weeks ago.  Being careful with the rain, there's been some ponding on the roadways and I'm irritating lots of people by driving slower than the speed limit. 

BBBBernie--HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Rainy Hump Day

2 parts Beefeater Gin

2 parts brewed and chilled Earl Gray Tea

Squeeze of lemon juice

Spoonful of sugar

lime wheels for garnish

Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wheels.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Good Morning Ladies---BBBernie those were so cute--I always enjoy how kids look at everything. it's so funny- Tommory is Cyn's day I think. YaY

NM Still raining--we're supposed to get it here today--we'll se how bad. Take u'r meds and u know I always say ---Say yes to drugs--oh and warm milk--it really helps if u can tolerate dairy. Doesn't Sadie shake all over when she comes in from the rain hahaha--I love when they do that. Have a good day today NM--feel well.

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

Nm this weather sucks

You can join the sit sround club when u r taking time for yourself hm mmm

Becks congrats its so hard to quit I DID AS WELL BUT SOMETIMES WILL HAVE A BUNCH OF WINE AND SMOKE LIKE i HAVE THREE MOUTHS

But then I am done the smell my thosrt hurts not worth it

The girls I still hate they look small projection not so good

They fellike nothing I hate touching them

I could shower after 2 days some of my steri strip is coming off and its connected to the stitch so Icalled PS she said to put a bainaid over it

The 18th they take the stitches out if I am closed clear from pain pillsim drinking wine

Im dying over here

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Lara I'm sorry, maybe when u feel better and it' s on the way to really healing they will look better00Don't keep looking yet. Just relax for now and take u'r meds.

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

Yes cammie I'm going crazy in here

It's me and y and movies not much on

I'm sire they will look better

I'm just happy it's done

Hugs to everyone

Drink for me

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

lara enjoy the wine and movies, glad the pain as improved.   , well done becks,quitting smokingis a fantastic archievement.nm hope your havign a good day, its raining here too now, looking forward to hearing from cyn and bernie tomorrow

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2013

Congrats on your non smoking achievement. That's so great!! You will save $ too.

Hello to everyone!

I will spend the day with Bernietmorrow. She is meeting us at 10:30 am local time. So very essited .

Will have to wait until I'm back home for pic.

Latah girlz

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Lara these movies are CRAP today--I can't find one I want. I just wstvhed TASK in I taled during the nite--now horrible so I watvhed that. LOL

Julie I bet they'll do some pics too. (I hope)

• Orange73
    edited June 2013

cant have wine yet I wishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Yea I can't either why do I want something when I can't hae it--really---wine sounds good damn

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

join the club, not drinking while on painmeds, but at least i can still have chocolate,   going out to dinner with friends tonight, then pt in the morning,workign tomorrow evening!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Julie EVENING? --well if u'r going out tonite probably better--WTF no one can drink lately.

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

i know not much for a drinking site  is it,we are poor role modelsCry,hows the movie viewing going?

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Julie hahahahaha if anyone checks us out know they think what losers these people are-hahahahaha---Bad movies on today too  and bad westher being forecast here---Oh chit.

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

just flashed alarm -severe rain,high winds for this area.   Cry

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Julie holy chit right now too here-they already cancelled a Sox game--This westher is to severe now,

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

the rain went down to a light shower as i left for dinnerLaughing, so got eat a really nice paella with good company

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Julie yea right--hahaha Aren't u working now???

• juliet62
    edited June 2013

no off today, "working tomorrow"   , my colleagues at dinner tonight, decided this injured workers program sounds like a work vacation!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

That's right my non=drinking brain is no good. Sorry