Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited June 2013

Good Evening Non-Dwinking Ladies of De Night....

Cami, Julie, NM....stay safe from that bad weather! I think we are supposed to get some tomorrow. My DH is on antib's too for his tooth, so no dwinking for him, and he has been wanting to make us some "lemon drop martinis" that Allison introduced me to. Gotta wait for them!

Hated having to tell my friend I can't come to the wedding, but need to be here to help my DD, and watch the g'kids. Also afraid my mom is sick....said this ayem it was just her voice sounding funny, but tonight she could barely talk, so if she isn't better in the ayem, then will take her to a dr. The trip was hard on her, and she IS 92, plus is supposed to leave for HI in a few days. Takes as long to get there from Atlanta as it does to go to Prague from ATL (over 9 hrs on 1 plane).

WooHoo....Cyn and Bern will be meeting up around 3:30ayem Thurs morning here, 4:30 ayem EST (I think thats right). And I love it, cuz I can just picture Bernie's cottage, and the doggies, and her horse Ashley, and the beautiful country-side. Hmmmm.....maybe we should all get in the UFO and get there too!!! Remember to hug each other from all of us here. And shoot, do some dwinking, so our thread here will be legal!!!

Hugssssssssssssssssssssssss,

Kat

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Kat u'r so luvky to stil have u'r parents and can travel==God Bless them And I'm sure everyone understands about the wedding, u want to be with u'r DD now.

U'd better start drinking here or we will be kicked off--we didn't even have a DOTD today. OMG--we're crumbling and Lara and I are just watching movies all day.

I hope when I start PT, it'll help me move around better so i can go places---Now next Thrus. everyone remember--

• wahine
    edited June 2013

Oh Cami, you aren't even drinking, and so now I am worried about you! LOL. We DO have a DOTD, and NM posted it really really eurly dis ayem. It was neat, but now I would have to go back a page to see the name of it. Cami, Cami, Cami, what are we gonna do wid ya??? LOL. Maybe we ALL should get dwunk tonight, so we will be legal!!!!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Kat I did just remember I did read it. OH geeze--I totally forgot I thought NM forgot plus no one is drinking so we are all  acring to smart-hahahaha

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited June 2013

Hi goils! Mese jest popping in for a qwick dwink. hhey,,,,, sumbody gotta keep dis place flowing with dwinks and dat bese mese!

other than that, mese dont wanna talk about it. cept to tank NM for her great suggestions on caring for mese momma.

to de goils who not dwinking, mese wuz glad to help you out! it is what fwends do for fwends is dwink!

sending ye all thoughts of peace, love and healthy dwunken bodies! i'LL dwink to daT!

chEreS chAirS and big BIG ears! cheeRs!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

(((PRAYERS)))

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited June 2013

Oh chit!!!! I'm worried about youz guys in the storms!!!!!! Is everyone okay???! Roll call and I can read in a yem. And WTH is no buddy dwinkin in a dwinkin site? We wil just keep sliding yours down to dorty. I'm not dwinkin tonite either. I'm feels dizzy from hot flash poisoning. Almost cried today cause I was a fat sweaty mess and my patient looked scared dat I was gonna die on him and he may have to do CPR. I miss my HRT, I hate tamoxifen and this FRB and I just want to kick something. Gnite.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited June 2013

Good  morning, Loungettes!  Still raining, not so hard, supposedly this is moving out to sea.  The world is conspiring against' me, I got sent an hour away from the office for an emergency visit just before the end of the business day yesterday.  I'm on call tonite so I'm betting something will happen after hours.  I better be able to get to that nursery this weekend  or I'm gonna get cranky!  Good day at work yesterday, should be another good one today. 

Cammy--yes, taking my pills, and I do like warm milk.  Sadie does tend to shake off all over the kitchen, or all over me if I'm home.  It's actually funny to watch her trying to the spot where she can get the most wet on me! 

ORLA--yup, this weather drips.  A lot.  It will pass eventually.  I hope.  It's still not fair that your new girls aren't pleasing to you.  Be sure to say something when you go to get your stiches out, there may be something that can be done.  Pills and wine sound like a good combo to me!

Mornin' Juliet!

CynCyn--Have fun with Bernie!  Take lots of pics to share when you get home!

Juliet--Proceed with caution, indeed!  Made me LOL!

Wahine--There's not really much danger from the weather around me.  A few small power outages where the squirrels have gotten into the transformers and let the rain in, some minor flooding, but I know all the places where water collects on the roads and just go another way when it's this wet.  More boring than anything else.  Your poor Mom, hopefully she's just got a dry throat or something that will pass over quickly. And you are so good at calculating time differences, it's a gift!  I'm sure your friends understand about your DD.  How is she holding up? 

OK, I can still dwink, so I will take up the challenge of dwinking for all the dwink-challenged Loungettes.  I may not be sober for months! 

DorKable--looks like you and I are holding down (or maybe holding up?) the bar! 

Becs--oh, my dear, you have had such a hard day!  This bc $hi## is so not fair.  I hope you find something to kick that is satisfying but doesn't hurt your tootsies. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Thirsty Thursday

4 ½ cups water

¾ cup sugar

½ cup agave nectar

1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro

2 large jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (about 1⁄2 cup)

2 Tbsp. sugar

¼ tsp. salt

9 lime wedges, divided

1 ½ cups fresh lime juice (about 10 limes)

4 cups ice cubes

Combine first three ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and jalapeño. Let stand 30 minutes. Pour jalapeño mixture into a large bowl; cover and chill at least three hours. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in a shallow dish. Rub rims of 8 glasses with 1 lime wedge. Dip rims of glasses in sugar mixture. Strain cilantro mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, discarding solids. Stir in lime juice. Fill each prepared glass with 1⁄2 cup ice. Add 3⁄4 cup limeade to each glass. Garnish with remaining 8 lime wedges. Serves 8.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Good Morning everyone.

Yea our drinking has een limited---and Becks I'm sorry u have these feeling so dizzyness and such. I don't know how u gals work--really. I have one thing to do tomorrow is really gice my bedroom a good cleaning and Joey said he wiuld behappy to hep me and still I think how will I feel---stupid me--I had a bad couple of days and I never know how day to day is and i get aggrevated sometimes. But I'm going to be done with my anti-s by Sat. and I'm going to drink--something anything hahaha.

Did anyone ever buy those frozen drinks in a packet that u just sqeeze out into a pretty glass, hahaha They look so good and imagine they aren;t super strong. Hmmm or I can get my trust Mikes trusty lemon-Black cherry lemonade --Now I have to think. I AM GOING TO DRINK SOMETHING AT THE PARTY---SOMETHING.But not to strong.

Weather was not as bad aroubd here as they were flashing all nite but, I didnt check the close to here yet so I'll see---I woke up aroud 3 and Joey was with me so my sleep was chit. LOL

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited June 2013

NM I am starting to like the girls they r looking up

They r changing

Juliet great post im so bitchy coming off pain pills no wine uggg

Becks that was funny your story mese giggled you r not fat and sweaty

Cammie yup nothing but crap on mybe ill read a book today

over this weather

next thing u know it will b 98 out and u cant breath

ck back in

wahine prayers seemds like everything hits at once?

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Lara I taped a couple of movies last nite so maybe I can deal with that--I'm still on pain meds soo I'm tired alot here. But I think I'm getting crabby too.

• wahine
    edited June 2013

Lara, SO glad your "girls" are behaving and starting to look good and stand up straight (or out straight)! Funny how they CAN change while settling into their new home....and at first I wondered how weird it would be to have numb foobs, but now I am used to that. Only scary thing is when pruning bushes or something outside and don't notice they are poking right into the foobs. Was nice being mostly numb too, when getting my 3D nip tatts.

Becks, Oh yeah, I miss my HRT too....for so many reasons....kept me feeling younger too....now I feel old and dried up...lol. My dr said the hot flashes should be gone in 2 yrs....NOT! I had to get off HRT w/ my cancer dx over 5 yrs ago, and STILL have hot flashes. But they are not as bad now. At first they came on with a vengeance, for prolly the first 2 yrs or so. HOPE yours will ease up soon. Like Cami, I also wonder how you can all work with all these symptoms, it has to be hard.

NM, Glad you were safe from the weather. AND yes, you gotta hit that plant nursery ASAP!!! Hope you can. That DOTD seems very strong with the cilantro and jalapeno...I'll pass (or pass out) on that one...LOL. But I love that you post them every day, so keep it coming!!!

Dorkie, (((((Dotty and family))))), you know we are still saying prayers for all of you, and also realize how overwhelming it all must be. Glad you pooped in.....don't be a stanger, ya hear? You iz de life of de partay, so youze gots ta be here MORE!!!!

No more news yet on my end. My DD has been depressed, which is understandable....so much is still unknown, not sure we want to hear the results, but its all so awful, just hard to deal with. Thanks for everyone's concerns.

Well, gonna see how my mom is sounding this ayem....and omg I am thirsty.....dats right...its THIRST-DEY so wese all gots ta dwink up!!! Those brave souls can dwink the DOTD....us chicken-chits can dwink Lemon Drop Martinis...lol!

Muah, Kat

• wahine
    edited June 2013

Oh Cami, I found something for you to wear today....then you don't have to 'splain that you feel crabby....(ya know mese jest kiddin!)....

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited June 2013

I stopped pain pills yesterday @ 1 in the afternoon

Nurses can I have wine

• wahine
    edited June 2013

Well, I had "almost" the full LPN (not RN) training...so if you want to listen to me, I say...."drink up"!!! LOL. I only took nursing as it gave me full-time National Guard status, with full pay, to help me raise my baby and toddler on my own. Did NOT ever want to be a nurse...such hard work, and I really admire our two nurses here, as it is a job you HAVE to love, to be able to do it. But I hate it when my DH tells people I had nursing training as it was SO long ago and I didn't quite finish it as I also had to work nights, and raising 2 little ones on my own, I had to stay with the job that paid the best! (And army pay as an E-3 was NOT much at all!!!!). I have had so many different jobs/career paths that my DH always tells people I have done everything but become a "brain surgeon", but I could prolly do that too if I wanted to....LOL....he's silly sometimes. Anyway...I hope you can drink!!!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited June 2013

go for it lara! 

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

LOL we base our meds to coordinate our dwinks hahaha--And I agree go for Lara.

Kat U and u'r family have to be sitting on the end of u'r sests wsiting for things to start taking place. Prayers are aimed right after u this afternoon.

Dork when u can share tell us what is happening. Prayers for u and u'r family too

My drinkin (as u know) will start Saturday----Oh again Joey's having a friend over --my kids are doing errands---and he asked me to pretend to be the adult--WTF does this kid think I am???

• wahine
    edited June 2013

LOL, you are SO funny, Cami! Joey asking you to "pretend" to be the adult...priceless! Thanks for the prayers for us and for Dotty's family.

Looks like Taco Bell has a new definition of "Kids Meal"...(Ya think mebbe they bin dwinkin?).....

Kid's meal.

Taco Bell has gone too far!! ;p

Taco Bell has gone too far!! 

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2013

Hi ladies,

Bernie and her DH dropped Jo and I off at our hotel in Waterford about 5 hours ago...What an amazing time we had with BBBBernie......She was more wonderful than I imagined and her hospitality was so awesome.  I will be back...(warning for Bernie) ....cant post any pics as i dont have the means to do so..but will when i get home...definately.  Bernie has some pics...but PLEASE Bernie...look thru them and any that make me look 7 months preggers...please dont share...lol....tomorrow will come very early...at 5am..so i have to go...im in the lobby of  the hotel on their ONLY computer...so must go..also drank wayyyyyyy...ok...wont say too much..whats too much....i dont have to drive....soooo..lets just say...gotta go to bed babes....

love youse ..

latah.

• wahine
    edited June 2013

YIPPPEEEEE!!! I knew you all would have such a great time together~~~!!! Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more, and see pics. Enjoy the rest of your trip, Cyndie! Although if you are like me, when I met Bernie ea time, that was THE highlight of my trip!

Time for Pau Hana, so will have a toast to another wonderful meeting of two ladies of the lounge, the HTL lounge that is! *kachink*

Hugssssssssssssssssssssss,

Kat

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited June 2013

Was totally awesome \kathy..we have pics....lol.....such a great great day....\meal was incredible and Dave and Sinead.....my  internet is clos.gotta go...xox#

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Oh Cyn I'm so glad u gals are having so much fun---hanks to BBBernie----BBBernie u do sound amazing to everyone wow-Can't wait to see pics.

Now we're getting back to the reason for this Loungs Cyn. hahaha Love that u r having this time--Be safe and enjoy.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited June 2013

glad you had a good time cyn but knew you would ,looking forward to see the pics.   kat and dorty-your in my heart and my prayers. cammi pretend away, i love that kid, he comes out with the most amazing things

• Beckers
    edited June 2013

Omg, I love how you all travel and meet one another. I only need to travel 20 mins down freeway to meet Undies! Oh, and 15 mins other direction to meet up with that hunk Jules posted sitting under windmills by Palm Springs! We will meet one day.

Work is hard for me Wahine n Cami, but also truly makes me feel good about myself. Kids are grown, hubby is fine, but I just truly get my self worth from my job. Empty nest (super empty nest) was not an easy transition for me. Then even my nest got foreclosed :-/ its been a crazy assed few years. Still settling in and trying to find my normal.

I love travel. I want that to be part of my normal. I'm glad that you get to travel Wahine. Especially since you raised kids on your own.

Gotta go take a chower. sorry I made this all about me! Lub n cheers!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Becs u'r so funny why shouldn't it be all about u--It's how u feel---I just wrote a sentence and it disappeared OMG I can do magic now---see always something new and maybe fun too. Take u'r shower and smeel good.

Prayers going out tonite too. 

• Beckers
    edited June 2013

I smeeel very good Cams. Found a whatarethey called...white flowers....smell good....ummm...damn memory. MAGNOLIAS!!! anyhow, found some imported magnolia bar soap at Ross. My bathroom always smells so good just from that bar of soap. Probably never find again but I lub it!!!

• Beckers
    edited June 2013

Thank you for the prayers too. Praying for you all as well. Nite nite.

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited June 2013

Brilliant time with Cyndie and Jodi.  Loved them both.

We drank toasts to each and every one of you.

Jodi, what an amazing young lady.  She loved all the animals and we had one day old chicks to show her.

Pics will follow.

• BernieEllen
    edited June 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited June 2013