Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited July 2013

1. *JAGER BOMB* boil 1 cup red bull (in place of water), add black cherry or orange jello, 1 cups jager.

2. *MARGARITA* boil 1 cup water, add 3 oz pkg lime jello, 4 oz tequila, 4 oz sweet & sour margarita mix. sprinkle with salt just before firm.(substitute watermelon jello for lime for a melon margarita)

3. *RUM & COKE boil 1 cups coke, mix in dark cherry jello add 1 cups light rum

4. *MIMOSAS* this one varies from the normal method Since champagne isn't as strong as liquor, cut the water out of this one. boil one cup champagne, mix orange jello 2 min, add one more cup champagne and a splash of OJ.

5. *SILK* Boil one cup champagne, mix in jello for 2 minutes, add one cup champagne and splash of lychee juice from the can.

6. *ORANGE TIC TAC* Boil two cups red bull, mix orange jello two minutes, add two cups mandarin orange vodka 

7. *LEMON DROP* (boil 1 cup water, add lemon jello, citrus vodka, top with sugar sprinkles just before its fully set up)

8. *GRAPE CRUSH* (boil 1 cups water, add grape jello, 1/2 cup plain vodka, 1/2 cup chambord)

9. *HAWAIIAN* (boil 1 cup water, add pineapple or blueberry jello, 1 cup coconut rum)

10. *GIN & TONIC* (boil 1 cup tonic water, add lime jello, 1 cup gin)

Read more at http://u281p179.ilyke.net/70-of-the-best-jello-shot-recipes--/31716#qTkZDz7oCpddAEBL.99 

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited July 2013

YUMMY, I have never had jello shots Julie, and those sound really really good! Lets get the Tenders and Wenches to make ALL of those flavors for us. If they start now, it will be ready for Pau Hana time. So how do you "eat" a jello shot? Is it ok to chew it? I am soooooo naive about them, duh...hard to tell?

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

who wants to go swimming!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2013

Got a short walk in this morning...we drove in pouring rain to the cottage and it rained most of the day till around 4pm...but I did manage to get a nice walk in, inbetween the rain...around 4 or 4:30 the sun came out and we were able to enjoy the lake...went canoeing with DD's MIL.....when it was raining we sat under the covered porch....it was nice....good BBQ dinner...mom had a good time....got back to Toronto about 9pm......MY kid cousin had hoped to conncect but it just did not work out...I feel bad....I asked her to come up to her folks but she said she is working....Mom and I leave in the morning for Montreal.....I wouldn't call this a vacation, but it is nice to be with my DD and SIL.....I got to talk to DD#2 at camp for a few minutes..."visiting day....but DH was bummed as she did not call him  :(   I had called her (she was going to call me, but I wanted her to safe her long distance calling card) so I wonder if thats why she forgot to call dad....I know how he feels.....won't talk to her again till camp is over on the 23rd.

Debating if I'm going to go for a short walk now or just skiip it.....didn't get in as many steps as I want, but still did okay.....Need to make sure I get up early enough to shower and walk.......we leave for the airport at 8:30 so DD can get to work on time...flight is not till noon, so we will be at the airport early!!!  

Sweet dreams....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

Karen u'r really busy and I admire how u always get u'r walk in--I'm so bad--but no matter what u do it. Sorry u missed u'r  cousin, it's always nice to see famiy, but someimes it just doesn't work out.

Julie love all those Jello recipes-I was thinking about jst put it in a bowl like usual, I didn't think of the Jello shots. LOL

Kat Jello shots are really so good, u don't feel like u'r drinking and just squeeze it out of these tiny little cuppy things and they are served on the butt of the hunk that Julie showed the picture of. Well I think it's a good idea.

Well the kids came home and the Dog went wild jumping, yiping all the good stuff that dogs do. He was so happy. Me too. LOL

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Free Pharmacist Consultation at RiteAid ►► http://sdne.ws/Senior.RiteAid  20% off the entire store on Wednesday and more!

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited July 2013

Hi girlies!

Been on Annie weekend. Took her to lunch and I took a piece of green lettuce off my burger and she said, "you don't like da seaweeds Gma Becs?" Pretty sure she thought I was eating a burger from her Spongebob Squarepants cartoon. Ha! I'm so tired so may not stay long tonight.

Wahine, how did you get so overheated???!!!!! Oh my! Was it heat stroke? Are you better? My boss' wife got heat stroke and felt crummy for a few days.

Cami, you crack me da hail up! Seeing the light!!! Ha!!!

I have had quite a few patients tell me about the light, a few tell me about the dark place and some who had nothing. I tell 'em that's not good cause some people do. Ha! Bet that's some food for thought!

It's hot here too. Pretty much dreaming of where I can spend future summers. Heat is not good for MS and add the hot flashes? Ugh! This sux!

Juliet, are we gearin up for jello shots by the pool???!! Don't people do them from belly buttons or sum thing like that? (Just trying to incorporate the pool guy der!!)

Whelp, gotta go vacuum so I can smuggle the Dyson back into Moms before she gets home tues. (normally 47 year old daughters can use Mothers' vacuums but I'm only 12) :-/ oh well.....

Lub lub and be careful in dis heat!!!

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Becs--I'm glad u had a great Annie week-end that'a always fun.

And isn't the Dyson to heavy for u--Wow

Have a good nights sleep.

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited July 2013

Actually Cami, Moms Dyson is pretty lightweight. Gnite...sleep tight...

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited July 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Raining this ayem, cooler in the rest of the house than in the bedroom!  Took Sadie (and myself) for nice swim yesterday pyem, it was wonderfu!  There  were a bunch of people there, and lots of kids, so Sadie got lots of attention and had a grand time.  As did I.  Even if the floors didn't get washed yesterday. 

Cammy--that is a wonderfully good morning pic! I took your advice, too hot and too humid to do much of anything except go to the swimming hole! 

Juliet--how did the febreeze work on the kitchen floor?  Sometimes the funniest stuff works better than than one would expect.  And you are right, Sadie is NOT complaining!   Nice recipes!  

Wahine--glad you asked how to eat the jello shots, now I don't have to admit to my ignorance!

Last one in the pool is     SPLASH!

Karen--Sitting on a porch listening to the rain is a very pleasant way to spend some time, isn't it?  Too bad about your cousin not making it this time, maybe next time?   There can be quite a lot to do in an airport, depending on the airport. 

Cmmy--happy dogs are funny dogs!

Becs--having seaweed burgers, were you?  That is funny!  Funny about needing to sneak the Dyson, most Moms would love it if ANYONE else was using the vacuum cleaner!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Rainy Monday

2 oz vodka

- 1/4 oz triple sec

- 1/4 oz blue curacao

Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited July 2013

Its MOnday morning and time to move on to the next part of the trip......hope my uncle has wifi so I can get on the computer...otherwise it will be a looong week.  Have a great day.....Karen

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited July 2013

Good travels, Karen!

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Good Morning Ladies----

NM u'r sounding better lately than u have in a while==I'm glad--see what Sadie can do for u.Keep it up and take u'r meds.

Karen be safe and hope u can use a computer so we know what's going on.

How's everyone's weather--we're supposed to get rain all week, but get warmer too meaning more humid.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited July 2013

Cami, we went riding on our quad, not horses, and had a wonderful time. Went riding in the area of the Wallow fire, so pretty in areas that were not burned, and amazing the growth in just 2 years. I do have a few pics to share, when I get a chance. What is this surgeons hand stuff you speak of?

Sue, I’m seeing another GI this Friday. Not so sure CTCA is the place to go, as they are a cancer center and this is not cancer. At least I sure as hell hope not! Hope you took that cab and did not walk. You are right, too hot.

Kathy, I would try to take a picture of him (my UPS guy), but would be afraid to ask! The 42 weird peeps, most look like Walmartians! I have never done Jello shots either, so you are not alone. I have however had pudding shots….YUM!

That is really cute Julie, The Drunk Cat in the Hat, glad you found that. LMAO, cleaning with Febreeze! Floor should smell nice, at least! Oh wow, are those different kinds of jello shots? Looks like one of the Tenders is slacking……tanning in the pewl. Oh, and I like Cami’s idea of serving them on the Tenders heiny, in the pool. Now that would be a Swim Up Bar to die for!

Karen, I think its birds that are getting into the tomatoes. Critters get into everything else. Your mom has been through a lot, I hope the vacation helps to ease some of the pain.

NM, you must have been worn down to have slept so much, your body needed that rest to recoup. Yesterday’s DOTD sure sounded SWEET!

Beckers, dats coot your little Annie and the seaweed. As for the heat, I always carry a fan with me, and sometimes I will take my Coolie towel. When we go to Laughlin next month, I will be taking both for sure.

NM, so glad you and Sadie got to go swimming, and those dirty floors won’t be going anywhere. Lately that is my feeling on some of the cleaning that doesn’t get done. It never really gets DONE.

Good Monkey Day Morning girlZ

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

good morning all, hair cut, legs shaved,off to the fat lady to be weighed,well every ounce matters!  bbl

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited July 2013

Juliet nice pic glad u showered lol

jello shots love those

I am doing to much so Im resting

threw upp last night not good could of been the food

I drank a bit but not much

I saw goldie yout FB pics of vegas undie showed me u goils look great

where is that miss.vino

Hi dork u under your desk

dwinking with stella

• Orange73
    edited July 2013
    funny pictures
  • Orange73
    edited July 2013

Funny Birthday Ecard: Sorry the calendar played a cruel joke on you this year by making your birthday fall on a Monday.

• wahine
    edited July 2013

LOL Julie I like your comment "...legs shaved off"! Good luck! LOVE the pool guy tender you added to the HTL. Name, please? Phone number too? j/k

Oh Lori, Remember when Junie and I met in Tunica, and I went right up to the good looking hunk of a pit boss and asked if we could take his picture with us? You can do that with the UPS guy! Well, difference is, if I was embarrased, he didn't know where I lived! BUT we ended up being good friends now, so that is a plus. I am SO glad I am not the only one who has not had jello shots! love your MONKEY DEY pic!

Cami, YOU have had jello shots and I haven't? And you try to pass yourself off as a non-drinker??? HUH??? LOL, jest kiddin wid ya! Love the cat pic.

NM, SO glad you had fun yest, and didn't worry about the floors! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! We had been gone for a wk, and so last night the neighbors were doing fireworks, and I swear it sounded like someone was banging on our house with a metal rod or something. SO I loooked out and poor Maverick was on the deck lying right at the door (they don't ever lie there cause I have an uncomfortable floor mat there!), so we brought them both inside. He must have been so scared, and I hate it that we were gone on the 4th, and he would have been scared more then. ANYWAY, to make a long story longer, I was brushing them, and they get mats (mattes?) because they like to scratch their backs on the low pine branches,which are sticky, and they have LONG hair. Found a large matted area on him  and when I cut it off, there was a big raw area underneath, which I am treating. BUT if they hadn't done the fireworks it may have been a day or two till I found that, so it ended up being a blessing in disguise. It would have killed me if it had gotten infected or something.

Becks, Funny about Annie's comment on your lettuce. Have to tell you though, I LOVE seaweed. They had the "seaweed salad" on the buffet in Vegas, and that is my favorite, and very healthy. ALSO I love the roasted seaweed (green/black) sheets of seaweed. When they put it around the sushi, we call it "Nori Sushi". I like it that they come in small snack packs now...just 30 cal and lots of fiber (2g per pk).So good to snack on!

For some reason I feel like diving in the HTL pool! Hmmmmm....maybe cuz that hunk is STILL there??? Ya think? Maybe we can come up with some "monkey bizzness" on this MonKey Dey???? Sounds good to me! Everyone I hope you have a great day! Still raining here, but mild temps, yay!

Hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,

KatwinkaNeedsADwinka

• wahine
    edited July 2013

OOPSIES....missed your posts Lara...I took so long writing mine! Is it anyones birthday today? Yours???? I hate it that you threw up...you did so much running, and is it hot there? Take care of yourself, ok? Yeah, where is MrsVino?????

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Yea that MsVino is a tricky lady-=always on the run.

Orange SLOW DOWN, it's to hot to do all the outside stuff u were doing, just relax and watch scary movies and eat seeweed.

Seeweed Kat for real, that stuf that's in the water of lakes and stuff. Oh sounds awful. And yes Kat I wasn't born Amish and lived there forever, I did have a bar kind of life haha and jello shots are great, usually all the summer parties have them and every flavor I've ever had was realy good.

I'm going out to lunch with my GFs from where I worked tomorrow and the one who's picking me up isn't supposed to drive right now--she had surgery on her hand--and I can't drive so we have to take all the side streets to my other girlfriends house-OMG we all worked for the DMV forever and we;re sneakin' around like criminals==See why I love my friends, they are as crazy as I am--in fact she's the sanest one. I have a late Dr. app't so ot'll work out fine----I couldn't cancel again so I took a late one, So that means I have to take a shower again . LOL My skin is so dry and nothing I put on it helps much I just started usung the surgeons hand stick, but not soon enough. Lori I bought it on-line from HSN a while back and forgot I had it. It's like a deordorant stick and it really worked on my elbows in no time. And I also use DVmaybe that will help -Oh that's Dry Vagina--(not real)

OK I did half of my excercises so far so I'm sure u can tell I'm on my pains meds, yak,yak.yak--I wish it would help with my weight but nothing could halp with tht I eat garbage, I don't like food just junk stiff. really healthy==I am the poster woman for what not to do or look like. And I admit it. oops my Katie-Kat is hiding, it's thundering out and raining of course just hope it stays this way, right now it's not bad.

• Orange73
    edited July 2013

cammie I will I am

its my DH b day today 40th had to post it

Lunch sounds fun

eat seeweed???????????????????????????

Im in de pool with u wahine sopping at the perco fountain to

splash oops did u see that tender wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Orange 40th is a milestone, well not to me, but to most. Watch some scary movies roday for him and enjoy the fountain===As u know I've een dipping in it to---WOO WOO for me.

• wahine
    edited July 2013

OH Lara....HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!1

• wahine
    edited July 2013

Oh and Cami, I love you, you crack me up! HOPE you and your GF get away with the driving today!!! AND....get this...it is called "SEAweed" so duh, does not come from the lakes! Just from the ocean (well, the other word for sea)! Anyway, they use the brown branchy type in "poke" which is mixed with raw fish or other stuff, green onion, soy sauce, sooooo yummy. Then the other type for sushi (nori) is processed, roasted, made into sheets, and is also soooo yummmy. Of course, growing up, we picked up small shells that clung to the rocks in HI...if you had something sharp you could dig out the thing in it and eat it right then, raw. Just tasted like the sea. AND when I would go deep sea fishing with my dad, when we got back to the condo, while he was washing down his boat, I would be upstairs, gutting and skinning the fish, slicing into thin strips, and eating it with soy sauce (Aloha Shoyu) while still warm. Ahhhhhhh that was the life! Could also walk around the neighborhood and eat free fruit all day....mango, guava, wild cherry, passion fruit (lilikoi), poha, star fruit, lychee. Mac nut trees too, but needed to roast them in the oven then crack open with a hammer. Much healthier than the way I eat now, foah shuah!

KatMissingHawaiianFood

• wahine
    edited July 2013

Gotta share this bird video....soooooo smart and says so many words and does sound effects. Even a fart for Dotty, and exercize sounds for Cami! This African Grey is the same size as the Blue Front Amazon we had. He would cough and sneeze so realistically everyone visiting would look around to see who was sick. He was real sweet and said lots of things too, but NOT like this bird does.....

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nbrTOcUnjNY

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

love seaweed,maybe we need a sushi bar at the htl. lara feel better soon so you can eat some birthday cake,,karen safe travels.   well done on the exercises cammi, been to the gym and done mine.       becks ,glad you got some annie time,she's too cute. and for those that asked, no febreeze is not a good floor cleaner.   per the jello shots,i like to keep a spoon handy just so i can get every dropLaughing

• juliet62
    edited July 2013

• Orange73
    edited July 2013

Who's in the pool

Im at the bar?

• wahine
    edited July 2013

I'm at the bar too....was just underwater checking out that hunks swimtrunks....