Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited August 2013

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Hi everyone---Still waiting??? OK--

Julie like the fart--Dork will love it.

Thanks Lori I should have known that, well they can't let her go home til they get it up right?

Sorry Kat the recipe for Sushi doesn't sound good to me, ltho my oldest DD would love it. OK

bbl

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2013

DorK....how about Bob and Carol or Ted and Alice!!!!   hoping you are in recovery and resting comfortably.....

NM.....same for you....hope all went well and only good news...

Kathy....glad that your DD has a surgery date

Lori....don't just love family!!!!!  sorry you are having to deal with your brothers' attitude as well as your mom's health.....

I can't remember what everyone wrote, and right now with this post, I can't read people's post....guesssing its cuz I'm editing this...I wanted to get the names down before I forgot them....BBL

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

NOTHING YET????????????????????

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited August 2013

I know....I am going bonkers too....NM and Dorkie, hope you are BOTH okay!!!! Let us know, when you can!

Well, couldn't find the furikake for the baked sushi, but made a recipe someone posted on FB a few days ago....was it you Becks? It is REALLY good....baked spagetti squash with a fresh tomato/fresh basil/ mozzarella topping. OMG it was so good with the filets DH grilled. Yummmmmmmmm!!!!!!! AND it went so well with Mr.Vino's wine!

Waiting......waiting......waiting......

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Kat I saw the recipe too, it looked good.

Shouldn't NM be home now---are u thibk she's still groggy maybe. Hoooooooooooo I'm checking all the time waiting. I think we should hear from NM first--IDK

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

can you send me the recipe?  sounds yummy!!!

was hoping to see news  on DorK and NM....will check back again shortly......

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Sent it to you in a PM, Karen.

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited August 2013

Tap, tap, tap (those are my fingers on the table).....

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Not sure what time she got out of surgery, but her DD just contacted me, and Dotty is "on the floor". Not the FLOOR, lol, but I guess she is now in a regular room. Whew! Still lots of prayers for her quick recovery!!!!!

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh Kat I'm so glad u explained that--Honest to God I thought they dropped her. OMG well that means she's out of recovery so that's good.

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

Kathy.....thanks for the recipe....going to make it next week....looks so yummy.....the picture didn't print, but thats okay!!  And thanks for the update on DorK.  

• Beckers
    edited August 2013

Ok all....we need to pray for good blood flow. They will check her hourly with what sounds like the monitor when you listen for baby's heart beat.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited August 2013

good news on dorty ,now  for nm

• wahine
    edited August 2013

OMG Becks, lets hope there isn't a baby in there!!! LOL, jest cudn't resist. But on a serious note, YES, will definately pray for good blood flow (thanks for letting us know about that!), and for Good Boobs and Good Tummy Tuck!

NM, Hope you did well today, and are just resting at home. PULEEZ let us know you are okay though!!!!

Big Hugs to you all (except Gentle Hugs for Dorkie), and Hope EVeryone gets a GOOD nights sleep tonight.....Don't let the BedBugs Bite....don't let JohnMoleBoy in de HTL.....keep a watch on Liz da Ho....and Where Oh Where Did Stella Go????

KatWinkA

• Beckers
    edited August 2013

Haha Katwinka, les hope no baby in der. Da goil up there looks about 40 weeks with twins!! We will keep eye out for molerboy n Ho bag sister. Where is Stella?? Nite all. Hoping our girls are able to check in soon!!! Praying for good news, drugs, big toobers n tummy tucks! Gnite.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

NM better check in in the morning should be rested well then. BTW when Dork actually wakes up is there a lot of pain involved after??? Cuz Lara has had a lot of trouble?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited August 2013

Hi goils! Just popping in to check on the Dorkster and NM. Hoping they are both doing well.

Camy you asked a question what does O2 dropping mean? It means that your blood oxygen level is dropping down instead of being at the optimum of high nineties ......ie your blood is not carrying enough oxygen which is important for all organ functions. A good way to get it up some without having to have an oxygen mask is to take some really deep breaths which will help.

So many things going on with you girls........I'm sorry I'm not here more often but this year has been taken up with organising and doing wedding things for my DD. Wedding is now five weeks away so not long now,

Love n hugs all! Chrissy

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Chrissy I'm so glad u came by, miss u but know how busy u are and remember u have to send pictures to us, u sound excited. I know the time is finally here, it seemed so far away. Bless u'r whole family--it's nice that u keep up with all of us. There are some silly people here and I keep them under control. Hope u'r feeling good.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited August 2013

Hi ya Camy! I haven't forgotten about the pics and will certainly post some pics. There are so many asking to see pics of everything I'm thinking of starting a thread just to post the pics and brag a little.......lol......we shall see.

Yes I keep up with you girls but this thread moves so fast sometimes it's hard to do that......lol.....just know that I lurk........so if you are feeling that someone is watching you, it's just me..........lol.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited August 2013

Bloody computer, still opening on pge 1188

Dh still stuck in England waiting for a work visa, praying it all goes well.  Nay take until sept 5th.

Two brothers enlisting in the Army were getting their physicals. During the inspection, the doctor was surprised to discover that both of them possessed incredibly long, oversized penises.

"How do you account for this?" he asked the brothers.

"It's hereditary, sir," the older one replied.

"I see," said the doctor, writing in his file. "Your father's the reason for your elongated penises?"

"No sir, our mother."

"Your mother? You idiot, women don't have penises!"

"I know, sir," replied the recruit, "But she only had one arm, and when it came to getting us out of the bathtub, she had to manage as best she could."

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

NM should be waking up soon so I'm up for a while-

Goldie I see it's u'r BD Tuesday and my youngest DD is Monday. the 26th--Well when she was little I always had a little party for my kids and for 4 yrs we celebrated Leslie's BD on the 29th and of course u teach u'r kids their birthday cuz they should know--well my mom always saved things and found Leslie's birth announcement and it said Aug. 26th-numbers, names never was good for me so I had to reteach her her BD and she was so confused. I guess I was too. She still remembers that too.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

OK I'm still checking it's after 8 ayem for NM and she's always up--she won't go to work today wil she.? Isn't the put out drug worn off by now--it seems to me it should be. U usually just get Vercat (sp) so it's short acting---I don't know for sure but I thought so. I hope she's OK--ooooooooo

I figure we might not hear from Dork for another day at least--but u never know with her.

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Oh Nooooo Cami, thats a riot! Guess you weren't there when your DD was born???? LOL, j/k. Never heard of that one before, you always manage to amaze me!

LOL Bernie, thats a good one!!! On Jay Leno last night (which I rarely watch) he played some emerg calls, and one was of a guy that had his penis stuck in the hole area of an amplifier! He wanted to know how to get it out but when the emerg guy said they would send someone out, he said "Its too embarrasing, I don't want anyone to come here" and he hung up! Guess he was "hung" when he hung up! Hmmmm.....Leno should have used MY line. Geez, Hoping your DH gets that work permit soonliest!!!! Forgot he was waiting on that. Is he able to stay with friends?

Ok Dottie, COME HERE AND POST!!!! It looks like you have been online, and we all hope your pain is manageable and that you are being well taken care of. BUT we want to hear from YOU!!!!

And NM, I am hoping you are posting right now....how did everything go yesterday? Praying it went well, no problems, no surprises, and that you were just tired when you got back home.

Taking my dad to the dr today.....finally....I think they should raise his med, since his bp is still quite high. I need to think of fun crafts to do with my g'kids next week....and omg....they are studying the Byzantine Empire....yeegads...thank God they have good books and study materials and don't have to depend on MESE. My DDs both buy the best books and supplement books and fun stuff for the kids, they are so LUCKY that their moms homeschool them as they are exposed to so much and get to do so many fun things in the guise of "learning"! My DD1 esp finds the best crafts for them to do that relate to what they are studying. I was so hoping they were studying some CURRENT stuff and also a country I have been to, but no.....its the old chit that I never paid attention to in school. Plus side is, maybe I will learn something!!! LOL

Have a Super Duper Fried-Egg Dey ToDey!!!! Gentle Healing Hugs for all who need it,

Kath

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Hi Kat--LMAO at Leno hahaha--what a stupid call.

Of all things they are studying, well u'll learn right with them I know I woud don't remember any of that one.

Well we better get some posts soon, or something--I've been checking this damn thing most of the nite. I have to go to sleep soon. LOL

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Get some sleep Cami....I'll wake you up when there is any news.....

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh yes I will here u typing to wake me up LOL--I'm concerned about NM now she should be home and pretty much awake.

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

I too hoped to find an update on DorK and NM....I'm just going to go with the thought that all is well with both of them.....

TGIF!!!

Taking mom to the neurologist today....

Going for my morning walk....bbl

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2013

Well, I won’t be able to forget that date Kathy, and will certainly be thinking of your baby girl (although she is the oldest) she’s still your baby girl. Good luck to your dad today, I hope they can find some new meds to work. I wonder if you can search on line for crafts to do with your grand kids.

Cami, I’m not sure if that is why they are not letting her go home or not. She has the same problem when she’s at home. And the deep breathing does help, but you have to breath in through your nose, and blow out through the mouth, and you blow out as slow and as long as you can. They explained it to my mom, smell the roses and blow out the candles.

Thanks for the info on blood flow Becks, and LOL at Kat about a baby being in there. Also praying that those foobs STAY PUT!

Hi Crissy, so good to see you. We know you have been busy with the wedding. I’ll bet you are getting quite excited.

Oh my Bernie! Those poor brothers! Good luck to your DH.

Oh cami, you had the wrong BD for your DD?

YES NM, we are waiting for you, praying all went well.

Todays DOTD The Wake Up Call

The Wake Up Call

2 oz. New Amsterdam Vodka 1 oz. coffee ½ oz. triple sec 1 oz. milk Garnish: three coffee beans
    Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass. Garnish with three coffee beans.
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited August 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  I am finally able to keep my eyes open for a few minutes.  Took 2 starts to get the IV and hurt like hell, but also did't take very long.  I think I remember hearing that he took 13 polyps, all benign, and the paper work says I'll get a letter in a couple of weks wth the final results and further follow up instructions.  I've got a couple pages of pictures of the Barretts esophagus and my stomach and duodenum and colon, one labeled "post operative changes" which terrifies me, I'm telling myself it means that's where one of the polyps was removed.  I must have changed clothes after I got home, I'm wearing shorts and a cammy and not the jeans and blouse I was wearing.  I've also got a thermos with ice water on the stand next to my recliner, I only vaguely remember doing that, haven't drunk any of it.  I think my friend told me it was 1:30 when we were leaving the hospital. I just noticed that I slept through a phone call (telemarketer from the message).  Ok, now I'm babbling, and I'll stop.  Oh, yeah, the paperwork says to follow an enclosed diverticulosis diet, but there's no diet inclosed, so I'm wondering what that is about.  OK, I said I'd stop babbling.  I jsut don't feel totally connected to the world yet.  OK, I'm babbling again, again. 

What's teh news about DorKable?

ORLA--sounds like fun work for the Universities. 

Goldie--It took 2 pokes to get the IV in my foot, and hurt like he$$ but didn't take long.  The xanax I took before I left helped a lot with that.  I do remember hearing "benign" being said and stressed, so all is good, I'm telling myself!  I saw the "You worry about yourself, you drive" video, cute as a button!  I'm unhappy your Mom isn't coming home today, but better to make sure her oxygen level stays safe. 

Holy  Big Bosooms, Bat Man!!!!!!!

Becs--All over now, the prep was the worst part after the IV start, the not remembering things really bothers me but my friend is a wonder of patience and has repeated all the info via text this am and answered all my questions with straighforward info and a touch of humor.  I've got to make him a lasagna or something soon.  Funny thing, I was so hungry before, all I wanted was pizza, and came home, went to sleep and didn't really wake up until a coupe of hours ago.  I woke up off and on, for a few minutes, but I don't think I ever got out of the recliner.  Never turned on the TV or an audiobook, kind of a first for me to sleep without any background noises.  At least for the last 5 or 6 years.  Oh, dear, I'm babbling again. 

Wahine--Can you imagine the backache that pool woman has carring those things around????  And I am glad everything is all over, and all I've got is a bit of sore throat and a bit of gas pain in the belly, all of which will pass in a day or so. 

OK, my friend say they took 15 polyps, not sure where I got 13 from.  Not sure I like the thought of so many polyps. 

Well, the anesthesiologist just called, they didn't seen anything worrisome "normal for barretts" is what he said, biopsied the polyps but none looked worrisome, so I have nothing to worry about, so why have I started crying? 

Goldie--It's annoying to have family not step up when needed, isn't it? 

Cammy--O2 dropping means that the oxygen level in the blood goes below normal.  Low oxugen means things doen't work good.  We give people extra oxygen to help. 

Ok, If I'm going to keep babbling this will take me all day.  So I'll post this and keep going in another post.