Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2013

Im so glad you posted those Wahine...I just LOVE the Walking Dead!! Allison did a great job with that costume..but what Im wondering is how long it will take for the spray tan to fade??

Hiya Lara and Hi Dorty!! Glad to see everyone even if only for a min...

xo

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited October 2013

Cyn,Good question! I think she wrote to someone in a post about her picture, that she just kept layering it, and most will wash off? Hope so! I tried that shrimp recipe that Alli posted, as my DH had posted it several days earlier. IT is really good and really easy!

Ciao for Niao!

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2013

Yes..that looked delish!!! 

Quiet in the lounge tonight.  

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited October 2013

Good morning. Loungettes!How is everyone this chilly Monday ayem?I was so lazy yesterday evening that I fell asleep in the recliner and never got up and went to bed!Good thing the recliner sleeps well, especially with Sadie keeping my tootsie warm!

ORLA--blank post, computer playing tricks on you?

Goldie--I think the fruit flies are from the applies I've still got in the kitchen.I should probably put them in the fridge now.They're still good eating, though!

Wahine--I'll meet you at the swim up bar--they've turned the pool water temp up a notch or two for winter, right?

BBBBBernie--I think the whole time changing thing is conspiracy to confuse me!

CynCyn--fresh coffee brewed at the bar!

ORLA--hadn't thought about a costume for Halloween, gonna have to think about that one.. . .

Wahine--THAT is Mrs Vino????? Wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley, or a bright one either!

DorKable--thanks for the update, I was wondering, too!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is theZombie

1 oz Vodka

1/2 oz Apricot Brandy

1 oz Dark Rum

2 oz Light Rum

1 oz Lime Juice

1 tsp Sugar

1 oz Orange Juice

1 oz Pineapple Juice

Blend all ingredients with ice except Bacardi 151 proof rum. Pour into a collins glass. Float Bacardi 151 proof rum on top. Garnish with a fruit slice, sprig of mint and a cherry.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited October 2013

Lara, Kathy is right, my husband eats like that all the time! He is a BIG man! No costume for this girl, altho we will be in Laughlin for Halloween, maybe we will see some good ones.

Great funnies Bernie, but I think you were serious about the "teeth" one? Also, so very glad that Sinead has you.

Kathy, I think I will have to try that shrimp recipe too. I saved it quite some time ago, but just haven't tried it yet. I also wanted to say that I totally agree with your DH and not wanting to have his last memory of his brother being at the funeral. I told my mom, that I will not be viewing her, I just can't. Also glad that she mentioned your DH as his surviving brother, especially when the others didn't have anything to do with him. What are your grandkids dressing up as for Halloween.

NM, I'm pretty sure you have slept in that recliner before??? Glad Sadie stayed to keep your tootsies warm and didn't go to bed without you. Did we change time? Since we don't change, but usually you hear it on the news or something. I've heard nothing. The Zombie drink is perfect.

Dort, waiting for that update.

Julie, are you feeling better?

Cami, you out partying?

Becks, what is Annie being?

Anyone else have little ones dressing up? Sue?

Beery Beery quiet!

Prolly my last post until I get back, unless I can sneak in during the day today. Enjoy some Zombie treats with your Zombit cocktail.

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited October 2013

Hi NM yes blank post

Great pics

Yeaaaa Halloween

Hi cyn

I have a blue wig so far that's it

Dh is bitchy sick of sitting around we see the doc on Halloween

• wahine
    edited October 2013

EEEEeeeeeekkkkkkkk good food, Lori!!! I agree, in HI my relatives were cremated and so the funeral was not as sad, just saw a pretty brass box with ashes inside. For my stepdad, he was cremated here, then we took his ashes to the Big Island (Kona) and hired a boat and went way out to leave his ashes in the ocean. Then the spinner dolphins came around the boat and were jumping and spinning around us, and followed us part of the way back. It really was moving, and very beautiful. (We also tossed in a mini bottle of Seagrams7 which he always drank). I had a viewing for my late DH only because his large family would have expected it. For me and my girls (teens), it was extra-hard, as that is the sight I remember.

NM, I hope you have seen a pic of what Allison (MrsVino) really looks like! She is beautiful, and has gorgeous hair...not at all like the costume she created!!!! I *think* you may have seen a pic of her, but I am not sure. Glad you got some good rest in the recliner! I only got 4 hrs sleep last night, a buncha chit going on in HI, it so just kept my mind racing. Aarrgggghhhhhh. Should've taken a xanax. Love the Zombie DOTD! I have to say, this is so much more special to me....having just 1, 2, or 3, DOTD's that are chosen for what is pertinent to US! Not just pages of random pics of drinks. SO, if I haven't mentioned it before, I do thank you and Lori for doing this for us! And for any other loungette that wants to add a DOTD, they are very welcome, we can use lots of dwinks! Takes a lot of thought to do this, and its very appreciated!!!! MUAH!

Lara, hope DH is feeling ok, and just tired of sitting around!

Lori, oops.....I haven't even asked what the g'kids are going to be!!! And I have FIVE of them!! How about your g'kids? I don't really feel like unpacking my other totes of Halloween stuff, so am thinking of doing pirate makeup or witch makeup or just doing that pantyhose over face with flashlight under chin, like my mom used to do. ALSO and this is sooooo weird, but since we have so many trips next month, I am thinking of gradually getting Christmas stuff out (just inside!). IF we end up hosting Turkey day, then they just have to deal with seeing a decorated tree up! lol. But one trip gets home right b4 T-day and we leave again shortly afterwards. NOt sure if my back can handle that bending and lifting getting to all the Christmas stuff in the attic though!

I am prolly bumping someone, cuz I am taking sooooo long typing this, and watching tv at the same time. Oops.

Hey Dorkie, are you going to keep celebrating this week? I would.....my DH would tell you to *milk it*....definately!!! Hope you and your DD had a fun time celebrating together~!!!!! And shoot, you had Zach with you this time. We hopefully can have a "going away" partay for Zach soonliest! LEt us know when you are going to give him the "Dear Zach" letter and kick his butt to de curb, ok?

Karen, Sue, Adey, Eve, Alyson, Chrissy, Cyn, Becks, and everyone else...Happy MonKey Dey!!!

Kat

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Ohhhhhh Lara, a blue wig, awesome.....you can go as Katy Perry!!!

• Orange73
    edited October 2013

funny pictures

• Orange73
    edited October 2013

• Orange73
    edited October 2013

• wahine
    edited October 2013

I love that Hawaiian costume, Lara! soooo funnnnneeeeeeeee!!! They should have used coconut shells for the bra area, but prolly wouldn't find any that large!!!

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited October 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited October 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited October 2013

The sun is over the...........Who cares I'm having a drink.

Weather hideous but not as bad as England.

Didn't get to cook my sunday roast yesterday - unexpected visitors - the BA**ARDs.

Cooking it today but not the same.

Annoyed I can't get jokes to copy and paste like before.

• BernieEllen
    edited October 2013

image unselectable="on">

• wahine
    edited October 2013

LOL Bernie! As far as that bad weather and the storms hitting England, are you getting hit by it too???? Looks so bad.

• BernieEllen
    edited October 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited October 2013

Hi K, we had the worst of the storm yesterday. Torrential rain but the winds were not so bad

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Funny witch, B! Awful about those storms!!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Hellllooooo eberbody---I'm back from partying--it tok me one and 1/2 day to recoup--Ca't do what I used to.

Well I love all the pics--BBBernie u fine such funny ones no matter what's going on u make us laugh.

Dork it's a law to sailabrate u'r birfday for a full week in ILL. so enjoy, but DON'T OVERDO

Cyn I'm glad u got u'r ceiling fixed now u'rll see how the new owners are too.

Oh Lori u'r leaving already now I won't see u till Friday Damn--But I know u'll have a good time.

Kat I hope u'r back is doing better--u have so much going on u need to be all together to do it.

Lara Chiller was my name too by the time I got home and could hardly move yesterday, but I still saw scary movies in between my napping.

NM I'm glad u did othing and with /Sadie it makes it perfect.

OH OH I saw that pic of Mrs. Vino--what a costume--u'd never know who she is really. Wow she really got into the season.

Welcome Jiancho, I hope u come back and tell us about urself.

Well I finally went as MAXINE cuz I'm such a smartass---and speeled my wisdom around. Jodie's friends think I'm funny and nice??? not from me that's for sure. But everyone came in great costumes and Joey was a Knight with the sparkly stuff tho--no armor u know he loves sparkles but manly sparkles on the arms and the hood--he looked so cute (to me) but damn we both stayed up til 1ayem and neither of us can do this very well. I loved seeing the costumes they were so much fun, now remember most of the people are around 50 so they really went all out. But I did do one Faux paux (sp) One of the good looking men was a warrior with the short pants and gloves and all the right stuf in all the right places and I said and told him he was great eye candy and some of the gals said take off the shirt and of course I'm say yea let's see more---Then I remembered---and I yelled stop he's my girlfriends son and I've known him forever. OMG (she wasn't feeling well or she would have been there) But she would have laffed but srill I felt like a pedophile, he is Jodie's age late 40's but he looked grrreat. There was so much food not only did Jodie make stuff everyone brought food and of course likker and I do know some of the "kids" since they were 16, 17 and they were adorable to me. But one woman I really didn't know and the ones I really knew were kind of waiting on me cuz there are stairs which I'm not good with to the kitchen and these few know that so they were "taking care of me" and theis one said boy they treat u like a queen, what have u done to deserve that? I said nothing I am Jodie's mom and I am a queen. She thought I was a bitch, bt I wasn't going to go thru all my yrs. of crap and I thought I should have to bore the hell out of her.

I hope I didn't miss anyone and I can't believe this but I'm still lagging my ass around. LOL

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Cami, Sounds like you had a blast!!!!! You know, you should go as a Cougar next time, and then you CAN tell him that you want to see more. LOL, funny though that it was your GF's son...that does make it seem strange, so I get it. But shoot guys our age do not look as good as the younger ones!!! lol. You rest now, dats an order!!!! Hugs!

• Orange73
    edited October 2013

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Hope everyone is ok, verrrrrrrry quietest today!!! Lara, are you ok? Saw your deleted post, and hope everythings ok!

OK, a couple of OLDIES but GOODIES, den mese gonna habs a spot 'o wine....

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder!

Cross a Bulldog with a Shitzu= BULLSHIT

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited October 2013

Totally overwhelmed!!! Ready for tears...Came home from work and poured a glass or 2 of wine while dinner is cooking...will have more with dinner and then I need to write reports for work.....Barely treading water!!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

Hi all, the way I feel I could drink anything. Have so many things I have to do before next weekend just don't know where to start can I joinn you Karen.

It was a holiday yesterday (Monday) and instead of trying to get something done around the place DH decided to reorganise our genealogy files which I didn't need because it has created a huge mess. I have an appraisal report to write and another two to organise not sort out papers.

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Dang it, dang it, dang it!!! Hate that Alyson and Karen have had a bad day. Karen I know you need a good cry...here are some crying towels for whoever needs them. Maybe we should keep a bunch of them in stock here....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

It's morning here---very early---Karen and Alyson I hope u'r doing better today--It's terrible t be so sad and feel like u've taken 2 steps back than u were.

I think it's Tuesday by now--I've seemed to miss some time here. And Kat they were old but still good to read. SillyHeartthey're back, our little faces and better than before so the Mods took care of us.

OK BBL

Lubs u all

• nativemainer
    edited October 2013

Good Morning, Loungettes!Another nippy ayem, going to actually put a sweater or jacket in the car today.Sigh.

Goldie--I have slept in my recliner before, it's actually very comfy.I slept in the recliner for several weeks after recon surgery.Sadie is allowed up on the ottoman, curls up and lets me tuck my feet under her or against her belly.I think the time change is coming up in the next couple of weekends.Maybe the powers that be will forget about it this year?A gal can hope!So your DH is a BIG GUY?Must take a lot to keep him going!

Oh, my, look at that ghoulies, I mean, goodies!

ORLA--seeing the doc on Halloween? Doesn't sound like as much fun as trick or treating!

Wahine--I have seen pics of Mrs Vino, and she is a lovely woman, indeed!That is one wild constume she's got going, though!I am enjoyinglooking for appropriate DOTDs again, too.I hate going to funerals, especially when the body is on display, I really do not like looking at that.To my mind, cremation is much better, or a closed casket.But, it's what the family needs, not what I want that matters.

To anyone who wants to post a DOTD, please do!We often have more than one DOTD, we love hearing about what everyone likes!I post one pretty regularly because I like looking for drinks with funky names, or that fit the conversation at the time, but I am not at all trying to hog the show and love to see the drinks others post, too.I've even been known to steal drinks posted by someone else and repost them, with credit of course.At times we've had a BOTD-beer of the day-- and WOTD--wine of the day--posted, too.So if you want to post it, go for it!

BBBBBernie--LOL at the weather pic and the doggy pic!How often does the littlest doggy rule the roost??????I can't get stuff to copy and paste like before,either.It's annoying.

Cammy--it's a law to celebrate a birthday for a whole week in Illinois?I'm moving there!Wow, sounds like a great partay!I'm not surprised you need time to recover!I can imagine the laughing that went on when you realized the "eye candy" was a friend's son. Too funny, and I bet he was flattered, at least on the inside!And of course you should be treated like a queen, you ARE a Queen!

Karen--I've got a crying towel and a shoulder all ready for you whenever you need one.

Alyson--Yikes, can you make DH clean up the mess he made?Or can you just hide it for a while?

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is theCrying Game

1/6 oz Vodka

1 oz Tequila

1/6 oz Coffee Liqueur

1/6 oz Bourbon

1/6 oz Irish Cream

1 oz Rum

5 oz Tomato Juice

1/6 oz Grenadine

Pour the whiskey, vodka, and Kahlua coffee liqueur into a mixing glass, and stir. Heat the Bailey's irish cream, tequila and rum over a medium flame in a saucepan. Pour into a heat-proof cup. Add the contents of the mixing glass. Add tomato juice, and stir well. Top with grenadine. Garnish with a celery stalk and a green onion, and serve.

• nativemainer
    edited October 2013

Aha! I've figured out a way to get rid of some of the formatting crapola that comes with copy and paste, use "paste options" and "keep text only" and the other stuff goes away!

Happy