Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Lori air vacc;ed doesn't sound good, please keep us updated on Danielle and she certainly be added to my prayers. Lori u sound like a wonderful cook and I'm sure u'r company loves every bit of it. Cuz everything sounds so good. And I'm always glad when u'r home tho,

NM I would imagine just looking forward to u'r trip should be helping u mentally at work--it's really not that far away. U so deserve it.

Bernie I think u'r right with our furbabies and all the animals--somethings are unsettling about how they act sometimes and it spooks me still. My cat always sniffs me like crazy and if I'm having pain worse than usual she lays at my head or if it's not as bad she finds the place where it's ok and lays there, she never hurts me and before all this she layed anywhere she wanted to, So......

Oh BTW NM cows can tell time did u ever hear Til the cows come home--that must be a time thing, right? LOL

Cyn u'll be leaving shortly and u can do whatever u want. I bet u can't wait.

Alyson, I don't think I would stop at a spoonful but NM is right and I like until u don't care about u'r cough. Hope u feel better soon.

Dork how are u really doing. I hope it is much better, not a little better, but u'd better tell us.

Kat I hope u parents are doing OK, I know how much u worry. And of course u'r DDs too.

Lara how are u doing???

Julie are u still having that pain or has it eased off?

If I missed someone, u know I didn't mean to--Hi Karen, Sue and someone I know--I blame this on my mammory(sp),brain.

Lubs, Lubs, Lubs everyone

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited November 2013

Goldie , thanks for remembering, arse is recovering nicely. Can't quite say the same about myself, my friend stayed for three days, left half an hour ago. I need a holiday to get over it.

• BernieEllen
    edited November 2013

Or maybe I am too drunk to Know that I have a tender arse

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited November 2013

ha a vaca from a friend

Kat wow u dated a dancer

Hi cam, Karen

Not much here new just enjoying my b day week

Tomm is the dreaded day

My moms is today we will have lunch this weekend

I get the same story every year I do not know where u came from, and she almost died giving birth to me lol we laugh about it

Lets see I forgot everything I was going to say

Hi NM, Juliet, cyn

Who else ? Brain is not working I'm back on my nerve pills out of it

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited November 2013

Happy Birthday to your mom, Lara! Neat that your bdays are so close (my mom and I are 9 days apart, well and a few yrs...lol), and I think you two are close too, aren't you? But she almost died giving birth to you???? Wowsa. Maybe you should give HER another gift on YOUR birthday...a big thank you gift!

Bernie, So weird about that...when the departed souls and living souls are closest on that day, AND that your animals acted stange and you didn't feel good. Wow. Hope you can relax and unwind after having your friend over for those days! So much stress anyway, with losing Chris.

Cami, LOL, my DD's are busy ALL the time....they are on the go much more than I am. I look like I am not moving compared to them. SO sweet of Joey to make those bracelets to sell to give you money!! But also sweet that you let him keep it.

Lori, Definately praying for Danielle. Please update us when you find out how she is doing, ok? My friends DD, Tammy got seriously hurt I think it was a yr ago, and you all were praying for her. It was a weird accident, and I am not sure if she fell from the hay loft or something about her horse, but they didn't think she would make it, and she did so well and has been back at work for at least 6 months (she is a police officer). Hoping for the same good results for Danielle!!! Sadly my friend has gained so much weight and can't walk or stand very long (she is my age) that she couldn't even visit her DD in the hospital, and she was there a long time. Your squash sounds good!

Was it you Lori that gave me the crockpot stuffed peppers recipe? And Sue gave me the chicken recipe? I haven't tried that chicken recipe yet (but will), but I found a really good crockpot chicken caccitore(sp) recipe that we love, and plan to try the stuffed peppers tomorrow. I just love cooking in the crockpot, why haven't I done it before??? Just added a section in my personal recipe book for crockpot recipes. Made a good one with rosemary chicken breasts too. AND that oven shrimp FB recipe is so good, we made it again the other night. Yeah, not been on the diet this week...but those ARE healthy recipes!!!

Ohhhhhh, thanks for 'splaining Cyn!!! I was so funcused over dat. Who is living with you now? Your DS moved out right? Just one DS left in your place? How is Jodi doing? You have some awesome kids! Well duh, their mom is awesome, thats why!!!

Hi to everyone!!! Pau Hana time, who is gonna join me???? Pants, annudder Seagrams/Diet, puleez......

Cheers!

Katwinka

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

WTF it's quiet again tonight, but it's Monday getting used to this stupid dark nite. Oh well

Les had my Computer today she wrote a resume for a part time job---everyone wants to do everything over the computer now before they even talk to you. She just wants something a few nites a week, she can work for maybe 2 months PT for a while then when she doesn't feel right she has to quit, she feels funny in her head as she puts it (stress) and yet she's a great worker but it's a hard thing for her to do--u know not everyone understands her sickness either and her in-laws have said to Marty well she can help by working u know and I've told her don't let them bother u we all want u well and she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. It took her many years to know when something isn't right in her head so she does the best she can.But I do hope she gets something, LOL

Oh I'm talking to much.

Lara what's going on---why don't u have u'r meds---that I think u need, maybe u don't I never know about meds anymore--I used to know so much only cuz I worked at one time at a pharmacy and paid attention then but I know nothing now. Did I miss something.?

Lubs and Hugs

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November 2013

Lori!! Bernie!! Camille!! NM!! Kat!! Allyson!!! CynCyn!!! and de BERRY SPECIAL GUEST OF HONOR, come one come all, it is LARA's BIG BIRTHDEY BASH! She is gonna be leaving de turdey club and joining de farty club!! WOO HOOO, Lara, it's yer 40th Birthday Sailabration!!!!! Let's partay! Sincen her real bday is tomorree, I will have de boys bring de cake and her gifts tomorree. For now, wese all dwink de DOTD and get dis parTAY sTARTed! YEEEE HAWWW, can you all say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARA!!!

This is going to be DE partay of DE year and it go on for a week...well I sez so ennyway. So take off yese shoes, take off yese clogs. Put yer feet up on de bar, git a few dwinks and relax ok? Dis is gonna be sooo much fun. I want to see EBBERYBODY present for her BIG BOYFDEY BASH! Git yer dwinking shoes on, take a fukitol EX or two but beware of de side effects listed below. and please pay pardickular attenshion to de last two bullet points. I've taken only two fukitols tonight and I am skeered of de side effects, so I will take two more den hope I don't care. I say FUK IT'ALL, DIS A parTAY, one berry special one.

What side effects may I notice from this drug?

Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:

• allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
    • breathing difficulties, wheezing
    • light headedness

• funcusion
    • severe stomach pain
    • farting spells *we can play pull my finger*

I lift me glass to Lara and say I wish her de best century of her life. Cheers!

and of course we have de one and only Willie in de House performing for Ms. Lara! Woo hoooo iccup~ooooo!

LARA, it's Yer PaRtAy!!

Billy and Barney sing a song for ye, dey wrote it jest for you!

(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to you H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to you H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y dearest L A R A!!!!

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to YOU!

(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)(♪)(♫)(♪)

2nd verse

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Dork knows how to thro a partay------for our Lara---40---oh u'r just a baby my sweet Lara.==Cheers to a fantastic Birthday tomorreeee---we will get the HTL all decoratedliest just for u. OMG u'r younger than my girls Oh mese oh mise And the best is we all get to have the new fucitol--Es lots of mgs. Yippee we'll all feel good Lara specially for u. YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited November 2013

Happy BIG 40 to Lara....hope your special day is everything you want it to be!!!!

Mom called me this afternoon saying the meds aren't working and wanted to know if she should call the neurologist....she only started on the new dose last Wednesday night....she was having trouble walking today and trouble with her balance...she said she only fell once or almost fell when she was in the closet....I'm sure the meds take a couple weeks to build up levels in the blood....DH thinks I should call the neurologist instead of Mom, but I think its best that she call...when I asked her how today compared to the day when she fell so many times 10 days ago, she couldn't answer.....I'm worried about Mom...wondering if things are progressing....Its so very hard to see her declining....Mom was always so active and healthy....I try my best to be understanding and supportive.....that's why I moved my folks to Denver to be closer to me and help where I can and spend time with them....with Dad gone, its just Mom and I really want to be there for her....its hard on the days I work as lately, my work days have been so long...9+ hour days.....so glad though that I only work 3 days/week.....

By the time I left work, I developed a massive sinus headache.....thinking that I'll get into bed early tonight.....going to go drink a couple glasses of water, take 4 ibuprofen and a musinex........make my lunch and get my jammies on.....

• wahine
    edited November 2013

YAY its almost Lara's birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARA!!! I love all the Birthday Stuff that Dorkie posted for you!!!

Karen, You are so busy and I know its so hard trying to help your mom so much. But I agree with your DH, that it might be better if you can call the neurologist. Your mom might not relay things correctly and might forget things too. I have to go in when my parents see the dr, as they forget so much that I have to do all the talking. Plus sometimes my mom complains about a pain or stomach ache and when I mention it a day later she doesn't think she ever had that, so it helps that I can tell the Dr everything that has been going on. I would love to let them go in by themselves, but they just aren't that with it anymore. And when my dad's b/p was over 200, he didn't realize that it was too high. I know this is so hard on you, esp with your demanding job, as you need to get enough rest and take care of yourself too. But since she is still having trouble with her balance and walking, it might be good if you can let the dr know. (((Karen)))

Gonna be a lot of celebrating this week! Lara's bday tomorrow, and then Suzie Cuties bday on Wednesday! (Yeah, Cyn I had it written down right, but dumb me kept thinking it was the 4th....thanks for keeping me straight!! LOL, I just laffed, that could be a pun "keeping me straight"...). Glad you knew when it is! Partay, Partay, Partay!!!!!

Kat

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Oh Karen u'r taking care of u'r mom as best as u can. It is very difficult watching our parents decline with age but u can only do so much and u'r doing it. And I think u'r right about the meds usually it takes a little bit of time for u'r system but I don't know about these type of drugs. And I hope u'r headache is gone in the morning so u feel better.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited November 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy TwoFerTuesday!

Goldie--Work is picking up again, I had a nice few weeks of relaxed scheduling, now I've got to earn my pay again, but it's not bad, justgetting used to a new way of doing things.We're moving to a more geographic area system, and doing our own admissions rather than rotating them.I actually prefer this kind of approach, I like to do my own admissions, but it can mean there are weeks like this one where I may have an admission almost every day.Also have a new nursing home on my list, and it takes a good amount of work to establish relationshipsand get things working smoothly in the beginning.BUT, it will pay off later!Once I get past this week things will calm down again.I will be praying for your friend's DD, too!

Cammy--Yup, vacay fantasies do help when things get busy at work!And I do believe that our fur babies know more than we sometimes give them credit for.Hmm, maybe cows CAN tell time!How else would they know when to come home?

BBBBernie--LOL!Keep drinking till the arse is better!

ORLA--Moms have the craziest stories, don't they?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARA!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahine--aren't crockpot recipes fun?I've had mine going since the weekend--roasted a ham, now I've got pea soup cooking. . . .

Cammy--It's good she knows her limits and pays attention to them!What makes her head feel funny?Or am I being nosy?

DorKable--YEAH!PARTAY!PARTAY!PARTAY!

Karen--It is so hard when our Mom's aren't doing well.So hard to seem them age and decline.I hope the sinus headache gets kicked to the curb ASAP!

Princess glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Lara's Russian Qualude

1/2 oz Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur

1 1/2 oz Vodka

1 oz Coffee Liqueur

1 oz Irish Cream

Directions

Combine the three liquors over ice, and top with vodka. Stir and serve.

Pasted from <http://www.drinkswap.com/lara%27s-russian-qualude.htm#.UnjTXFP-uO0>

• Orange73
    edited November 2013

Oh My me geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

THANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

see last night I was drinking and I was very quite in the lounge

I woke up this morning and I have barney cake in my hair

We r a happy family and that song was in my mind, did stella come over? omg

LOve u alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited November 2013

good morning all

A man and his wife were driving home one very cold night when the wife asks her husband to stop the car.

There was a baby skunk lying at the side of the road, and she got out to see if it was still alive.

It was, and she said to her husband, "It's nearly frozen to death. Can we take it with us, get it warm, and let it go in the morning?"

He says, "OK, Get in the car with it.

"The wife says, "Where shall I put it to get it warm?"

He says, "Put it between your legs. It's nice and warm there."

"But what about the smell?" said the wife.

"Just hold its little nose".

The man is expected to recover, but the skunk she used to beat him with died at the scene..

• juliet62
    edited November 2013

imagehappy birthday lara

• juliet62
    edited November 2013

Frankie Stein's fabulous cake! you got 2 cakes so plenty to go around

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited November 2013

Cami, you can always make me laugh girl......til the cows come home!!! So sweet of you liking it when I am home. I wish you were able to get out and go away so we could miss you. Awww, Les's inlaws don't understand her condition? That is terrible.

Bernie, we might be too drunk to know about having a tender arse, until the next day when we sober up. So to solve the problem............STAY DRUNK!

Kat yes, I gave you the stuffed peppers recipe. The thing that was so good about mine, was so much of it came from the garden, pretty much all of it except the hamburger and rice, salt and pepper. I hope yours turns out just as good. Of course that is one of those recipes that you can add whatever you want. I love chicken, and would make other recipes, but I'm the only one that eats it. I cut up a boneless breast the other day, pounded it, bread it and fried, and ate off that for 3 days!

Karen, sorry about your mom, just know that you do the best that you can, and try not to beat yourself up over it. Kat has a good point about you calling the docs.

NM, glad things are going smoothly at work and I'm sure it doesn't take you long (or the families) to establish a friendship! Can I have some of that soup? Ham is another thing that DH won't eat, so lots more recipes I can't do that I used to, cuz it calls for ham.

Friends DD is awaiting surgery. Email was vague, but it sounds like her lungs collapsed in the fall? So waiting on those before they can do the surgery. Some fractured vertebrae with fragments very near the spinal cord. she was joking about the food, so at least her spirits are up. I don't think she is the pregnant one.

Good morning Julie, how are you feeling?

Great way to start a party Dorty! Happy Birthday Lara!!!! And Happy Birthday to you momma too. That purple frosting looks good in your hair.

I got my drinking shoe Dork!

imageimage

THESE GUYS CAME TO SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

• juliet62
    edited November 2013

imageme this morning, worked last 2 nights,both fullmoon nights, no more trips to er,yeeha.get to see pcp tomorrow

• wahine
    edited November 2013

Hope your day is fantabulous supercalifragilisticexpialadocious (oops tried that from memory am sure I messed up!)....anyway have a GREAT day!!!!

LOVE all the pics everyone posted for you!!! And the DOTD, omg that sounds yummy, love the title, NM! And Lori has her shoe to drink from!!!!

That cake you posted Julie, reminded me of the doll cakes my mom made for me on every birthday, in the 50's! I always requested them and she was a good cake decorator. Wish we had pics of them, they were so ornate. This reminded me a little bit of the ones she did for me (I think I still have the doll she used). Maybe thats why I always prefer frosting over cake; the top half of the slices was all frosting! (I think she used an angel food cake pan, so had LOTS to fill up, and the bodice was so fancy).

Still praying for Danielle, Lori. Hope her lungs improve so they can get her all fixed up. Still so scary.

My DD2 had a bacterial infection, so was able to get a rx, and still scheduled for surgery on Thursday.

Woo HOO!!!! Gonna have those birthday dwinks that NM posted....looks like a HUGE CAKE in the middle of the area by the pool....wonder which Tender will be jumping out of it??? Which is your favorite, Lara??? You have the best day ever, ok???

Hugssssssssssssssssssssssss,

Kat

• BernieEllen
    edited November 2013

Happy birthday, luscious Lara

• BernieEllen
    edited November 2013

• Orange73
    edited November 2013

omg love it

I'm drinking champagne now!

Cheers

Bernie I love that pic

K b back

Love u all

• juliet62
    edited November 2013

Best Double Meanings and Non Veg Jokes (Strictly 15+ Allowed)

I recently picked a new G.P. doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (yeah, I just reached 70).

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 100?' He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor? 'Oh not much grog these days and don't smoke' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks, fatty roasts and barbecued Ribs? 'I said, 'Not much.... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, surfing, hiking, bicycling , Playing Bowls ?' 'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lots of sex?'

'No,' I said...

He looked at me and said ...

'Then why the bloody hell do you want to live to be 100?'

• wahine
    edited November 2013

Big Birthday Toast to you...

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS LARA----40 YYYAAAYYY Oh I remember 40 good age. U are allowed to eat, drink and do anything u want today it's u'r day and we all want u to have a good one. Champagne good choice to start, then build up fpr the day. All the cakes are so pretty. And I always loved the doll cakes, never knew or thought it was angel food--but that would make sense now.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Oh Lori u'r DH doesn't like ham? Oh one of my favorite dinners and then the pea or been soup comes after. All u'r recipes sound so good to me and personally I like crock pot food--easy and tasty.

NM I like the DOTD again--Oh I'm sure 'r extra busy now but u said it should calm down and u have a acation to look forward to. And NM u can ask me anything, anytime. Lori my DD says her head feels like she's thinking one minute behind and gets confused easily ad NM she's Bi-polar with phsycotic (sp) breaks which to me is the worst for her cuz they can last for months. So as soon as she feels something she calls her Dr. and he gets back to her and might change her meds higher for a while--she has had series of ECT lots of times and they bring her out of it--the only thing so she pays attention to how she thinks a lot.

Lori keep us up to date on u friend DD--it sounds awful to me.

BBBernie I like NM's advice to u--stay drinking til no pain oh and when pain stops keep drinking. I do hope u'r feeling better.

Julie those were so funny posts the 2nd one u got me at first I thought it was real. LOL

Kat it's funny but those doll cakes were so popular yrs ago, I never had one but they were considered rich people cakes when I was growing up. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful day and we'll all celebrate for Lara today.

• Orange73
    edited November 2013

lk I'm drunk

I'm buzzed I could not have gotten through this chit without any of u

Live u

• wahine
    edited November 2013

YAY we succeeded in gettin de boifdey goil dwunkliest!!! No headahes or hangovers from dwinking here at de HTL, remember??? So I hope you will be ok....

Cami, That is funny...we weren't rich by any means, well might have been but my dad spent so much money on other women! I mean, we usually had hand-me-downs. My mom put up with soooo much. But she made the cakes herself and I think she used regular cake recipe but made it in the angel food cake pan so it would have the hole in the middle. When I took my DD2 to Portugal last year and we took the train from Lisbon to Sintra, where some awesome castles are, I broke in on a bday celebration! Yuppers mese did....I tink I humbarrased mese DD. But we were in the beautiful park with all the tropical vegetation, and then there was a family & friends celebrating a little girls birthday. Right in the middle of the table was a.....(drumroll)....DOLL CAKE!!! I couldn't believe it so I had to go up and talk to them. I think they said it was very traditional there. So that made my day! Thank God, because after that we did a ton of walking UPHILL to a castle on the hill. Whew I was winded!

• juliet62
    edited November 2013

for the birthday girl

• juliet62
    edited November 2013

good afternoon all

hope your having a fantastic day lara

prayers for your friends daughter lori,.

my mother always made our cakes but they were the usual round cakes ,my niece is really good at cake decorating,she made her partner a batman minion cake for her birthday