Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited December 2013

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited December 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited December 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited December 2013

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited December 2013

Great poem Kat...hope you are stayin warm and with power NM...a friend of mine in VT has lost power several times..wide spread outages.  Love the Christmas funnies Bernie and Julie.  

Almost off work for the night...10 more minutes..its been slower than slow and I welcome that.  Only two more gifts to wrap..went to the beach today for about an hour...I think I may have gotten a little sun burn...the beach was really busy...of course Sunday before Christmas.  

I was wondering Alyson and Chrissy...Christmas time is always summer time for you so when you see pictures and cards and such with "Christmasy" images is it strange to see the snow?  Funny things run thru my mind this late at night..

Kat...can you send me the recipes?  I would love to try them.  I got my mom a little mini crock pot for dips and things like that as they host their church "game night" sometimes and my mom isnt all that kitchen savy..so thought I would bring some Rotell and some Velveta Cheese and show her how to make a quick and easy Qeuso for a snack on game nights. 

Less than 10 minutes to go. 

whoop....so hard to get into sleep mode right away..I hate my Sunday shifts..One day till D gets here..cant count today and cant count the day she gets here so ..yep 1 day!!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited December 2013

good morning all,  back in work tonight so also off to bed, sleep well cyn, have a great day ladies

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited December 2013

Good morning,
    Loungettes!Still have power, not
    looking forward to going to work this morning.However,I'll take my time,probably be late for a mandatory 8:30
    meeting, but the powers that be will just have to cope.

Cammy--yeah, one of
    our patients died.The funeral home
    would not go pick up the body until the death had been verified (nurses don't
    pronounce death in Maine, only doctors can do that).Unfortunately, this family lived60 miles away and in the middle of the worst
    of the icing and power outages.And it
    sleeted untilwell into the night last
    night.I could hear it.It's stopped now, supposed to be freezing
    rain off and on today, the warning is up until 6 pm this evening.Sadie can get out side, but there is a layer
    of ice on top of the snow and her paws are getting cut up when she goes
    out.Poor baby, but she can sure play it
    up for TLC, foot rubs and tummy tickles!

DorKable--I'm with
    you on the crowds, not very fond of them.I used to do my Christmas at odd hours to avoid the crowds, too!

Beanie--LUV the
    Winter Solstice Cocktail!

Wahine--Power
    outages are a way of life for me, inconvenient but not problematic.Unless it goes on for days with very cold
    weather, then it's a bit ofproblem.Only been through that once since I moved
    here.With the weather patterns here
    there is usually sunny, warmer weather after a storm, and I have pretty good
    passive solar heat off the sun porch.So
    glad you had a good day, got to spend time with family and good time to
    boot!

Julie--Oh, boy,
    tammiflu time has arrived!I'm glad I
    don't have to deal with scheduling.Are
    you on tammiflu?And taking care of
    yourself?

WTG, Grandma!

Well, Sadie is going
    nuts, Alan is plowing out my driveway.There goes my last excuse not to go to work this morning!

CynCyn--parents are
    hard to buy for, aren't they?

Wahine--LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

BBBBBernie--LOL!!!!!The tribulations of being a Reindeer!

CynCyn--Great idea
    for your Mom!Those little crock pots
    are great for lots of things, especially dipsand swedish meatballs.I know
    what you mean about Sunday shifts, too.Nothing like starting out the week tired!

Cookie Sugarplum's
    DOTD is TWO Winter Solstice Cocktails!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited December 2013

Hi goils!!!   Jest popping in for a quick Christmas drink with you all and to send you all the biggest ((((((((HUGS))))))) and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah to Karen!!!

Kat, so sorry to hear that your DD is still in trouble.......I do so hope that things look up for her in the New Year.

NM your trip is getting ever closer......enjoy! enjoy! enjoy!  In the mean time stay WARM!!!!!....Brrrrrrr!!!!!

Dork so glad that things went well with your Dad and his house and hopefully now things will settle.   Hope you are feeling way better than you were and are healing well.

BBBBernie and Julie.........always love you funnies girls....they brighten my day.

Cyn it's because it is Summer that we love to see all the traditional snow covered cards etc...........we all dream of white Christmas's and I don't mean the white sand kind!

Beanius!!!  It's so lovely to see you popping in as well......you were missed!

Karen.....Karen?....   Where for art thou Karen?................

Hi ya Memasue, Cami, Undie, Aly and anyone else that I have missed and I know there are a few.........brain has gone on the blink......lol.

Hoping you all have the best of holidays no matter how you celebrate them.

Love, hugs and a few bottles of booze!!!!    TITTIES UP!!!!!!   Chrissy

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited December 2013

NM, SOOOO glad you were able to stay home and just contact your patients by phone. It's just too dangerous to go out when it's like that. Terrible weather all over the country. Some of my family and friends were hit with the ice and lost power, transformers blowing, etc. So nice that you were able to help get the ambulance out to verify that death, prayers to the family.

Cami, I agree about the ice creama drinks, good thing there are no calories in the drinks here!!!

OMG DorK, going out at 11pm? Well, I don't think you get up until about 3 in the afternoon, so that would be your afternoon. Are you having a housefull on Christmas morning?

Oh that Winter Soltice looks yummy Beans, tanka ewe!

Happy Birthday to your sweet G'daughter Kathy. So nice that you 3 girls got to have a heart to heart. Hope it made your DD feel a tad better. She has so many praying and thinking of her.

Julie, you are sick? AND had to miss your work party? Well if that just doesn't SUCK!

LMAO, reading your post Cyn, usually in the mornings mine eyes are a lil blurry and I thought you wrote that you were hitting brick BALLS, trying to figure something to take to your parents! Do you need a dessert? Glad work was slow, I figured with the weather, you would have been slammed. D arrives mananna? For how long?

NM, roads are still bad? Do be careful girlfriend. Awwww, poor Sadie getting her tootsies cut on the ice, I hope it's not real bad.

Christmas titties up to you Chrissy!

Loving all the funnies from everyone!

Lara???? Where are you and how are you doing? Please check in.

Well goilies, we are heading out tomorrow. Will stop on our way to Phoenix and do a little riding before heading to the hotel. Then getting up Wednesday and hit the trails again. Testing on Thursday and home after that. My insurance has declined my CT, so I doubt that will get resolved today. Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

Good morning all--

Did I read this right Julie u'r sick as can be, coughing an d all? How can u work like that? I hope I read it wrong.

Kat with all these horrible weeks done, u sound like u had a good day yesterday and u and u'r DDs had a much needed face to face talk and that has to make u feel better, now u know just how they feel and how u can help U'r DDs sound like u--u just keep going, bless their hearts. u too.

Dork I hope u finished and don't have anymore to do with shopping and u'r home and safe.

NM please be careful out there, there must still be ice so just take it easy and stay warm too. Poor Sadie's little feet.

Lori u sound like u have a great few days planned, how nice. Insurance sucks BTW---U'r candle is beautiful as u are so stay safe.

LLLAAARRRAAA hasn't checked in at all-- Hope she's all right.

Beans I'm glad u'r checking in, see u can't help u'rself.

Sue my memory is blank did u post? I cn't remember--well I'm sure u will and I'll catch u.

Cyn u sound fircited now--just one more day, u said. and how is the new TV going for u.?.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

continued..... my screen starts to bounce.

Kat can u share the recipe for the truffles, well the easiest one, maybe I can still make them. Now esy to me is E A S Y, not 20 minutes for prep and then u start making and easy recipe. LOL

And Karen hasn't been on for a while??? She must be very busy, I think there is a lot of prep for her Holiday (can't spell it) than Christmas. Does anyone get that feeling of OK I think I forgot something very important, I feel that almost every year and when I do, I usually forget. But this yr, we have gone easy so it can't be too much. Les is finishing shopping this afternoon, I wish I can go with her but no one can stand going with her so she goes alone--she's horrible stays hours and hours and doesn't even know the time or cares. Doesn't use the cell phone or answers it-it takes her mind off of what she is doing-so no way am I getting involved with her. So I'll finish up what I need to.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited December 2013

Good Morning Girls! Yes, I was so glad that yesterday went well. I think my DD1 prolly won't be starting treatments till maybe the middle of Jan, so we have some time before all the awful stuff hits. I just found out last night that they make a molded type of face mask when you have rads to the mouth, and you have to bring it ea day (6 wks). BUT the really awful part is then they bolt that mask to the table, so you can't move your face at all. Just hope she can get thru that, with her panic attacks and anxiety. I don't know if I could do that....even those "open" mri's make me super anxious. And they have to zap both sides of her jaw as well as her neck. So the worst is ahead of us, plus looks like chemo too.

Ouch, poor Sadie, cutting her footsies on the mean ice....does she slip and slide also? Molly slips just trying to stand up in the laundry room sometimes! She loved all the company yesterday and all the petting she got, as the g'kids did not get her too excited, just petted her over the barricade. I forgot to show my parents where she was, it is so hectic with FIVE grandkids excitedly talking all at once!

Yes, really nice message Lori, and a flickering candle....awesome! Hope your travels are safe, and you have a nice Christmas!!! You will be in CA, right? OH, was going to see if you would be near Beckers, but she and family will be in Portland for Christmas.

Hi Chrissy!!!!! At least you have snow there in your "winter" months, sometimes. In Hawaii, I had never seen snow, but still loved the pretty snowy christmas scenes in cards, and on tv. I never saw snow till I was 18 and came to the mainland. There was snow all over the airport in Utah, and it made me laugh at first, cuz I thought it was fake, and I thought how nice it was that they covered everything with fake snow for everyone to enjoy! LOL. And the first time I saw it coming down.....wow. But once you have a Christmas in the cold weather, and esp with snow, it is hard to go back to feeling "christmasy" in warmer weather. Do you feel that way Cyndie?

Julie, hope you get better quickliest!!!! Thats an order!

NM, so sad when a pt dies, but then to have to figure out how to get the coroner out there....wow that was quite a feat. I also worry about those with emergencies that can't get to the hospital, and those that are ready to deliver. Hope you had a kick out of that Maine poem....didn't mean it offensive, thought it was funny, so hope you thought so too. AND it really said "wisconsin" before I changed it!

OK, since both Cyn and Cami want the truffle recipe, will post it here. I just used semi-sweet morsels to melt in micro for the coating, and you can use a spoon or your hands, to coat the balls. The trick I think is to use a food processor, or something that will pulverize the cookies, and get them like very fine cookie crumbs, then your filling is smooth. Need to refrigerate them,but they are soooo good. Cyn, I will email you the p-nut butter fudge recipe, the simple one. I have one that is even better, but it takes more work, this one is easier than the truffles, since it only takes 2 ingredients. If either of you try these truffles, I hope you like them, they were really a hit here. I just used half a pkg of oreos for this, so it only made 17 or so, as I had used the other half of the pkg for white chocolate dipped oreos. Those are awesome too....just melt white chocolate and dip the oreos in it, and put on waxed paper till they harden. They don't need to be refrigerated, but these truffles do need to be refrigerated.

Easy OREO Truffles

This is the stuff that dreams are made of: Oreo Cookie
    crumbs are blended with cream cheese and covered with a chocolate shell for the
    best-tasting truffles ever.

36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

4 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate,
    broken into pieces, melted (or similar amount of semi sweet choc chips)

RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese
    and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted
    chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with
    reserved cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

kraft kitchens tips

HOW TO MELT CHOCOLATE

Place chocolate in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH
    2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 sec.

HOW TO EASILY DIP TRUFFLES

To easily coat truffles with the melted chocolate, add
    truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll truffles
    in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove truffles with forks, letting excess
    chocolate drip back into bowl. Place truffles on prepared baking sheet; let
    stand until firm.

HOW TO STORE

Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Oh Bernie, love your funnies!!!! So glad your DH is there with you, for Christmas! How is Sinead, and the hidden alien?

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Cami, Just thought of an easy recipe your Joey  might enjoy doing. Looks so festive and soooooo ez. You just melt some chocolate (I used white) and assemble small candy canes on waxed paper to form a heart, then just spread some chocolate in the middle of the heart to join the candy canes. Let it harden. Does not need to be refrigerated. Can individually wrap in plastic wrap with a ribbon if want to be more festive, or just put in a dish. Some of you might remember when I made them last yr or yr before as I took pics of them. Could not find the pic, but this is similar, from google search....

(Looks like they added sprinkles in this picture, but they look good plain too, with just the white chocolate...or can use regular chocolate)

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Thanks Kat looks and sounds easy, so maybe now if we have time we can do these, I hope so.

• BernieEllen
    edited December 2013

Beautiful Babes.

All is well in the Emerald Isle (well it is now I got my new fridge and freezer. Broke down yesterday - totally finished.  Mad dash to town - best shop assistant ever cut the delivery time and they were delivered today free of charge - plus she gave us a 130euro discount.  I hope she has the best Christmas ever.  Will send a letter to customer service to say she is the best.

Alien/bump good.  Mother's attitude - changeable by the second.

Did a good thing and phoned my sister for her birthday.  We actually had a nice chat.

Weather normal, stormy.

Darling K, thinking of all of us when you have so much on your mind.

Cyn - well all I can say is enjoy.  Make the boys stay in the car.

Lori, enjoy the break.

Not to miss anyone out - hope you are all good and ready for Santa.

• BernieEllen
    edited December 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited December 2013

• BernieEllen
    edited December 2013

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited December 2013

Hi girls,just wanted to update you on Lara as she's not up to talking. Tomorrow morning she sees PS to determine if there's CC and if the implant will be removed. If she can't update you after the appt. then I will.

• goldie0827
    edited December 2013

Kat, my friend who was going through brain radiation had a mold thing that she had to wear, but they kept it for her. Never dawned on me about your DD and her panic attacks for rads. DAMN! And Bernie is right, about you thinking of all of us, when you have so much going on. Didn't Allison make those candy cane hearts? Seems like someone did. Maybe it was you! We are not going to CA, DH canceled. Going riding instead, don't have any family to celebrate with. Will be staying at Embassy, so prolly see my step daughter one evening.

Bernie, glad you were able to get a new fridge/freezer. My DH and I always contact employee's bosses when they do an exceptional job, or will send an email to the big Mucky Mucks. Bumps mom is entitled to those moods, but only for now!

Shannon........WE MISS YOU! And thanks for letting us know about Lara and please let her know that she is in our prayers.

• goldie0827
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas To My Female Friends

If I were ol' Santa, you know what I'd do

I'd dump silly gifts that are given to you

And deliver some things just inside your front door

Things you have lost, but treasured before.

I'd give you back all your maidenly vigor,

And to go along with it, a neat tiny figure.

Then restore the old color that once graced your hair

Before rinses and bleaches took residence there.

I'd bring back the shape with which you were gifted

So things now suspended need not be uplifted.

I'd draw in your tummy and smooth down your back

Till you'd be a dream in those tight fitting slacks.

I'd remove all your wrinkles and leave only one chin

So you wouldn't spend hours rubbing grease on your skin

You'd never have flashes or queer dizzy spells

And you wouldn't hear noises like ringing of bells.

No sore aching feet and no corns on your toes

No searching for spectacles when they're right on your nose.

Not a shot would you take in your arm, hip or fanny

From a doctor who thinks you're a nervous old granny.

You'd never have a headache, so no pills would you take.

And no heating pad needed since your muscles won't ache.

Yes, if I were Santa, you'd never look stupid

You'd be a cute little chick with the romance of a cupid.

I'd give a lift to your heart when those wolves start to whistle

And the joys of your heart would be light as a thistle.

But alas! I'm not Santa.I'm simply just me

The matronest of matrons you ever did see.

I wish I could tell you all the symptoms I've got

But I'm due at my doctor's for an estrogen shot.

Even though we've grown older this wish is sincere

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year.

• Beanius
    Beanius Member Posts: 1,494
    edited December 2013

Morning, I am going bck to bed wif a fever, dang, hate dis. Hope you are all doing better den me. Love all the pics and dwinks and stories.

Love n hugs to all!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited December 2013

Morning!

I am behind...oopps, almost said da 'no-no' word.  You all have me cwacking up...thanks for all the funnies goils.

Kat - am sooo glad you had a very pleasant celebration.  I am still praying and now will add that her anxiety doesn't overwhelm her during treatments.  I love the truffle recipe.  I did the choco lasagna and took to neighbors.  It's crushing all the oreos, then layers of crème cheese, choco pudding and cool whip.  Sooo good!

Chrissy - woohoo...glad you pooped in...heehee.  Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season too.

I want to address everyone, Dory, Cami, Jeanbeanie, Lara, Undie, Aly, Bernie, Cyndielou, but I can't sit here long enuf.  Got an apt today to see someone about my sciatic.  Will try and check in later!!  I wanna DWINK!!!

Lubslubslubslubs ya'll!!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

WTF--Undie I'm glad u dropped by to tell us about Lara---give her my hugs and please keep us informed, I hope u'r doing OK.

Now Beans is sick, just what u need right now--a fever.

Bernie that was really quicklyest getting u'r freezer and fridge so fast--That usually doesn't happen--well u all set now... and U'm sure those mood swings are going more than the swings in the kiddie park.

Goldie that was so cute, the poem--I never saw that one---what a nice wish for all of us. LOL

I've had phone calls today, all with furnaces, it got a lot colder, I knew this would happen. These poor people, I hope they get a phone call back.

BBL----Lubs u all

• Cyndielou
    edited December 2013

Good Afternoon Ladies...great to see everyone here and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah (or Channukkah)/ Blessed Kwanza and Happy Holidays to everyone. 

Everyone who is under the weather...Dorty, Julie and Beans...feel better..dont over do it and get sicker..relax and enjoy your holiday unless you have to work...(( Julie ))..NM..do you have to work over the holidays?  Be careful when you finally do get out there...poor baby Sadie..im sure she eats up the lovin.  

Thanks for the recipe Kat ..and I got the PB one in my email...thanks.. I dont think Im going back out to the store for anything so I'll have to try them another time.  I should have checked earlier for the recipe.  I committed myself to making yeast rolls for dinner.  

Lori, have a safe and fun trip..sounds like you will have a great time.  Love the Embassy...I love any hotel with free happy hour and free buffet breakfast..haha...yes, doesnt take much to make me happy..lol. Work has been very slow because of the holidays these guys arent traveling for business ..its fine by me...I'll take the break..Just wait a month or so and it will pick up and I'll be doing the OT thing again..last year I worked every single day in the month of March and April.  Donese comes Christmas day and leaves New Years day.  trying to find something to do NY Eve..i have to work until 10:45 PM so looking for something local enough that we can just show up ...most places have big parties and charge big cover charges but we would only be there a short time...idk about that yet. 

Dorty..did you get your shopping done?  Went to Walmart today...not impressed..had to pick up stuff for D's arrival ...ie..Beer, Crackers and cheese..hummus...

Cammi, those candy cane heart things that Wahine mentioned look easy and fun to make...my TV is marvelous..thank you...I love having

one again.  

Undie..thanks for the update on Lara..I hate to think she is in so much pain and may loose the foob...Please pass on how much we are thinking about her and praying for her.  

Hidey ho Memma Sue...Is the bar doing anything spaishal for the holidays?  I wanted to tell you that TJ Carneys just opened up as a resturant called the Brewhouse or something like that...so you can pass that on to your bar tender. 

Back to work bleck

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Yes Lori it was me that made those candy hearts last Christmas or the one before. Hope you enjoy your holiday at the Embassy. Thats where my DD2 and family are staying....they got upgraded to the floor that has the free drinks and snacks at atany hour (soft drinks I think, not likker), but for a family of 5, that has been nice.

Hate that Lara is not doing good, but thank you for letting us know, Unde. Praying things will go better for her!  (((((Lara)))))

And Beans is sick now too, darn it I hate that. Hope you will get well quickliest.

Nuttin but doom and gloom....had a nice day with DD2, but DD1 was not doing well, bad migraine, etc., then my DH felt like he was having a heart attack cuz of our Tenant from Hell that is STILL giving us grief....so now we have a state expert on  mold coming on Fri....she still thinks we are paying for her to go on vacay next month....so far we have spent so much $$$ and nothing has been found. NO bad mold. In the middle of this, my dads skin dr calls and they need to cut off a cancer as the biopsy came back positive, so now had to fit that in. I am ready to go off in the UFO and just wander around in space......

Bernie, love the funnies, and glad the alien is doing well.

Julie, Get that swamp ready...

Love and Hugs to all,

Kat

• Cyndielou
    edited December 2013

Jeeze Wahine....wtf is up with that tenant? When is her lease up? I hope they continue to find nothing in the mold dept.  That totally sux that she is giving you so much grief..to a point that your DH is feeling the stress  physically.  She should be ashamed of herself.

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Cyn, I think someone prolly talked her into thinking her health probs are our fault, so she thinks she can put the screws to us. It sucks. And I just called DD1 (with the cancer) and she has been puking all night....not sure if from her migraine or if she got sick...dayem this is a christmas to remember, but not in a good way. But on another topic, I know YOU will be super happy soonliest...now you can start counting the HOURS. Wait, I think you are already doing that...lol. I know your Christmas and New Years will be awesome, and I am so happy for you!