how about drinking?

Comments

• Dnice
    Dnice Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2014

hey Erin, yes having a cocktail as we speak. Needed to kick back tonight. Do u think the rest of humanity gets this? I don't. Anyway, I'm glad your mom has u to visit and u r so kind to your dad. When they are gone, it is a comfort to remember the kind things u did for them. XoDnice

What're u drinking?

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited August 2014

HEY NOW !!!!!  Please vote.

• dara_diverse
    edited August 2014

Dnice, I am drinking Jack n diet pepsi, drink of champions.

You? 

and yes, no way can outsiders know what it is like. I remember well when I was on that other side and my mind set in thinking about others who had a DX of cancer. ugh, wish I could cross back but this IS my life, like it or not. 

Dwink up goils, cheers! and tittys up if ya got 'em!! 

• dara_diverse
    edited August 2014

and this is for Orange (aka Lara aka Lala and Orla)

• princessrn
    princessrn Member Posts: 270
    edited August 2014

holy geez!

• dara_diverse
    edited August 2014

Right, Tobbi? Her left boob is the size of my butt lmao.

question...when I say titties up, can this gal even raise hers? They look like they could be legal weapons. I hope this does not offend, not intended to do so. 

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2014

LOL Oh my I think she needs some help. My DH took me out tonight for a nummy dinner at Logans and I had a really good Blackberry Margarita.. I see my MO for the first time tomorrow. I feel a little anxious see him kinda makes it all more real and so does going back for more surgery. Cheers ladies 

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited August 2014

Holy Big Boobs Batman!  Talk about some whale fins!  Why, just why?

Dnice, sorry for the bummer day.  In the words of my 15 year old son.... This reconstruction crap seems much worse than any of the cancer crap did.  Tomorrow will look brighter!  What doc did you see in NYC?  Was it for BRAVA?

Nancy!  Yum blackberry margaritas!

Hey Erin!  Hi PRN!  Hello everyone else.

Genny!  Hope all went well.  Waiting to hear!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited August 2014

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900
    edited August 2014

Good morning,
    Loungettes!Happy Thirsty Thursday!

ORLA--LOVE the
    pills!And that poor, confused
    birdie!

Genny--I can
    understand wanting/needing to know what else may be going on in the ol'
    bod.So hard NOT to make yourself crazy
    with what ifs, I know.Come here any
    time, we'll listen!

Collett--Good
    morning!Coffee with Baileys sounds
    good, not so sure I should drink it before work, though.Crawling out the doggie door?What an escape artist!So cute!

Goldie--the week is
    going by fast, that's for sure.Not
    looking forward to next week, Monday off for the holiday, half a day lost to a
    meeting on Wednesday, leaves 3 1/2 days to get 5 days worth of work done.Gonna be brutal.But such is life, right?

Cammy--Good morning,
    and good luck with the battery thing!

4--interesting info
    you found there, thanks for sharing!The
    more we learn the more we find out we don't know squat about cancer.Still working on getting the records
    transferred.I swear it's a
    conspiracy.

Erin--meet you in
    the pool!

Nice--give it time,
    we'll get sorted out in your mind.Even
    I have trouble keeping everyone with their multiple names straight most of the
    time! I remember feeling down after appointments, too.I finally figured out that it was mostly
    exhaustion, physical and emotional, from the anxiety before the appointment,
    all the concentration and processing all the information during the
    appointment, they wiped out after the appointment.It will be better in the morning, and there
    is nothing wrong with feeling down about all this chit.

OMG!She can suffocate with those!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
    LORI!

Julie--LOL!

Princess Glitter
    Sizzle's DOTD:

Crazy Finn

2 oz Vodka

1 oz Cointreau

1 oz Dry Sherry

1 dash Lemon Juice

Directions

Pour all ingredients
    into a highball glass filled. Stir well. Garnish with a maraschino cherry, and
    serve.

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited August 2014

Hi goils, only time for a quick pop in cause I see BS at 8:30 today...then PS at 2. I liked the MO, kind of dry but I tink better than last one. He asked me why I switched and I told him and he asked what my expectations were and I said that I would expect that after seeing me thru 4 months of chemo that he should know who I am and he seemed to understand my point. Anyway the long and short of it is no more chemo...yea! and he wants to start me on AI's but not till I see the RO. He said it's pretty much her call now. I would like to get on them now but if I wait till I'm done with rads there's a clinical trial he thought would be good for me where I'd get AI's plus another drug but it's 50/50 as to whether I'd get the other drug. Anyway, he'd said we'd talk more about it if I don't do the AI's while getting rads. So he suspects the RO will order a PET, said that yes the surgery stuff would lite up but the CA if there is any would lite up more so they'd be able to tell the difference. And the really good news, the office manager that sent me the letter for the ins company came to introduce herself and said if Med Mut won't pay the claim she is working with billing to get them to write it off and make that bill go away. Woohoo!!! The squeaky wheel gets oiled!!

Gotta run, I'll poop in later.

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited August 2014

4 I had to travel to nebraska for work it was freezing cold in the winter took my breath away

Dnice we all get weak and crash believe me I have many days we r here to pk u up.These women have pked up off the floor

Hi Big sis

Hi Princess

genny the baby is so cute

Hi NM hows work going?

Cam not many scary movies on lately

I just went for a walk before it got to hot ugg the heat kills me

bbl

• Orange73
    edited August 2014

funny pictures

Ignore what it says on the bottom have know Idea why that says that when I post from uber humor
  • Orange73
    edited August 2014

great pic sis thats hug eboobs

4 oh good felt weird saying I had that many CCs

Yes I am a pin alholic love pintreast

• 4sewwhat
    edited August 2014

Running kids!  BBS

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2014

Lynne, the picture to vote for is on Facebook. Photo contest for Garden Weasel. I can win some garden tools. Are you on Facebook? I don't think you have to be a friend of mine, just look for The Garden Weasel. But I'm certainly willing to be friends! https://www.facebook.com/TheGardenWeasel/timeline

OMG, lice is just horrible to deal with. I used to bring some of my students home to care for them, and had one with lice and we didn't know it. So EVERYONE in my family got it. Had no idea about the mayo! I guess short hair makes it easier to use the little comb to get the nits out? WOW, you got lots goin on wif doze fins. I sure hope it all turns out and you can open doors (as you say) for other gals.

Nancy, that would be nice if you got to GA and got to meet up with Lynne. What additional surgery are you going in for?

Well Wacko, did you and pops find that "Mother/Son" team...too funny.

Dnice, you can't go in the rabbit hole, Cami (Camillegal) filled it up. My best advice to you is to stay and hang here with us. You will get to know each of us, in time. We all have a story, we all have been in that rabbit hole, and I'm pretty F'ing sure we would all trade our lives in. Stay here and we will help hold you up.

OMG....those boobs are gross! Do you think they're real?

Hi PRN!

Awww, thank you for the BEE You Tea Full cake Julie!

NM, was surprised to see you say you were NOT looking forward to the short work week, but now I understand. I hope it won't be too bad. I can't believe the troubles you are having getting those records transferred. Any way you can just go pick them up yourself and deliver them? Gheesh! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Genny, I hope the new doc was taking notes that you want him to remember you! Time will tell, I hope it all goes well. Yippee on no more chemo at least. I think I started my AI before rads. Good luck today.

OMG Lala, that little old lady puppet and the squirrel! Hey, are you in NY? I have lost you!

Nothing special for today, besides I already had my birthday present from my DH. Lunch tomorrow with friends after I get my injections. Today, I have a rather large bowl of tomatoes, but it's not a lot. So trying to decide what to do with them. I can't waste them. Maybe some salsa. I think I can get 4-6 pints. So it's a lot of work for a little bit of stuff.

• Dnice
    Dnice Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2014

ncollett- good luck at your appt today. Don't blame u for nervousness... Been there.

Erin- sorry I fell asleep so early last night but your jack and diet Pepsi makes me smile. Hope your day is great! 

• 4sewwhat
    edited August 2014
  • MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited August 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOWEEE!!!

Lets PaRtaY!!  Lori - git dem maters squished and in a jar, gotta be ready to dwink dwink dwink today.  Mese tinks da mail will b late, didn't go out til Monday and you live, well u kno, takes awhile longer I suspect.  But know I lubslubslubs you and want u to hab a berry spashall day today!!  I thot u same height as me, oh well, close enuf.  And you catching up to me in age...LOL....jes kiddin...u jes a pup still.  Have a good day tomorrow at lunch too.

Gotta go soon.  3 tests today in Vegas starting at 10:15.  Too funny about all da comments on mese chit weight loss.  mese do tinks its from the constant dry mouth, can't eat like I used to.  Anyhow, feeling better n better.  Thank you all for da good wishes.

So good to hear from Lynn and Aly.  Lynn, there will b a pocket party for you on Friday.  I loved the minions you posted for Lori...LOL!!

Nancy - good luck today.  Gotta let us know how it all goes.  Praying fer ya!

Mary/Genny - I get it now, remembering is another story.  I miss my mom too. 

Dnice - no no no no wabbit hole!!!  I can say that but I also kno how hard it is not to slip in der, even if Cami has filled it in.  U truly can rely on us and speak all your fears....we've shared a huge array of fears, anxiety, anger, etc on this thread and I invite you to do the same.  We R Here for you always, anytime!!  (((Dnice)))

NM - sounds like you still struggling with your paperwork transfer.  And your work load sounds insurmountable, but I kno you, you get thru it all.  Give big hugZ to you and Sadie!!

Kno I am missing many, but will be back later if not toooo late getting home after my scans.

LUBSLUBSLUBSLUBSLUBS to all to da moon and back!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited August 2014

image unselectable="on" idx="7">

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2014

I'm missing so much--I have a short time on computer right now--As soon as I get paid I will rectify this (that word aways sounds dirty to me) I'm reading as much as I can---And I don't want anyone to be sad(even tho u have a right to be) but not to sad--Everyone is here for you and each other, and it's great therapy and caring.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY GOLDEN GIRL. I haven't even bee on FB--don't want to waste my battery. But I'm around and u never know when I'll poop in so watch what u say about me.

I LUBS U ALL and (((HUGS))) everyone

• dara_diverse
    edited August 2014

Good morning loungettes! 

May I have your attenshion please. Todey is a berry berry important dey as it is our Lori (Goldie's) birthdey, wooo hooo, LET's PARTAY! 

Lori, I made you a poyple cake, I hope you like it!

and what's a birthday without poyple birthdey flowers! 

what time is the partay? Maybe you can poop in tonight for a sailabration of your birth? The tenders have the lounge all set up! 

Happy Birthday Lori. I love you and wish you many many many many more birthdays! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Cheers! 

• maryland
    edited August 2014

Happy Birthday Lori !!!

• maryland
    edited August 2014

Hi again goils, me tinks me a wee bit hungover dis ayem… er I mean noontime. Dats what I git fer dwinkin to excess last nite wif my bestie.

Anyway, went to the BS today, wish she could be my everything doctor, I'd like to clone her for each FURB professional. So she was very informed and informative. Basically all the chemo did was shrink the breast tumor and untangle the nodes to make it easier to take out. Pretty much had no effect on the cancer. ARRGGhH!! A lot of chit to go thru to have it not work. All in agreement it's because it's such a low grade CA. And she agreed it's in RO's hands now. Need a PET, she is concerned that it may have spread while I was getting chemo and said PET is the best way to find out, but she wants me to wait till week #5 at least from surgery. She says usually 6 wk. like you said NM but will probably push it forward by 1 week so I can start tx asap. She did talk a bit about a cancer sensitivity test like u said 4sew but that's down the road and may not be covered by insurance. I go to PS yet today. So now I wait till next Tuesday and we'll go from there. At least I've got that $6700 bill off my plate of worries.

Dnice, so sorry yer blue, don't ever apologize here, dese girls are the best at listening, don't know how I would have made the last 4 months or so without them. We all have our days, I often wonder whose life I got thrown into. I see a picture of myself before furb and I think about how nice that time was before I knew what was lying ahead for me. I miss the days when my big concern was not wanting to work out, or not feeling like cleaning the kitchen, etc. Now it's just every second my brain saying cancercancercancer. We're all in this boat in one way or another so just vent here whenever you feel the need. Good days and bad days.

4sew, thanks again for all the info, still have more to read thru, thanks for the links. In yer pocket on Friday, very impressed that you talked your doctor into that procedure that he'd never done before. Glad it is working so well. Get some rest after, don't know how with 4 kids but try.

PRN, nice to see ya pop in, hope all is well in your world.

Ncollett, hoping your appt going good, hope to hear from you soon.

NM, Humpday, almost there then 2 days of snuggle with Sadie time, thanks for the nurse stuff info, helped me with what to ask.

Julie, hope your day at work going ok too.

Sue, Glad yer feeling better, good luck wif dem dern tests today. Hope they bwing good news.

Erin, swimming, not wading? Did you get yer pool bixed? I'll keep my eye out for any mother/son duos and send em' yer way.

Lala love your pins.

Lori, again… Happy Birthday, hope it's wonderful!

Everybody I missed lubs to all!

• Orange73
    edited August 2014

happy b day goldieeeee

Having a beer for u

Cheers

• 4sewwhat
    edited August 2014

NM!  Crazy Finn sounds Poyfect!  I don't like weeks that start on Tuesday either. I tink legal holiday 3-day weekends should start on Fridays!

Genny! I would love to know more about that clinical trial. My RO didn't want me on anything including antioxidants during rads. It still amazes me how different it can be from doc to doc. Glad you sound a little less stressed though.   Nice cakes!

LaLa. Cut pics. Yes NE weather can be rough!  Enjoy the beer :0)

Hope the tests gave the Bestliest results to SooZQT today!

Erin!  Great Poyple PaRtaY!

PRN, Dnice, Nancy. Ope yuse habbin a gr8 day!

Julie! Hope you are having a simple day at work with no odd placed itches you get asked to scratch. 

Lori, Happy Birfday again!  Enjoy lunch tomoree

Shhhhh! Don't talk so loud about Cami!  May the computer get bixed up soonliest. 

IfFin I missed anyone didn't mean to. I'll try to swim back by later!

• juliet62
    edited August 2014

well i was off today been to the gym,there was a class in progress in the pool ,so i thought i would join in until it finished so i could do my laps it was a aqua boot camp class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 45 mins later ,absolutely knackered

nm and 4 good info

dnice, you can always vent to us, we have all been there,maybe we need a rabbit hut, with a fully stocked bar and all brands of chocolate and a wall filled with the pics of furbabies and grandkids. they always bring a smile

• juliet62
    edited August 2014

• juliet62
    edited August 2014