how about drinking?

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited September 2014

Hiya girls!

Just popping in. PS appointment today and a pedi. I'm beat!

Lara. Praying for your friend

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited September 2014

oh lara,prayers for your friend

prn -Happy, will you let us know your web site,pretty please, love toffees/caramels

lori-good advice from our resident expert on taking it easy

cammi-hope your having a good day

ncollet-like your attitude

sue-hope your doc appt went well

nm-your almost at sadie time

well my eyes have not changed and my longdistance is still 20/20, my eye structure is in good shape, so don't need to change my glass prescription so splashed out on prescription sunglasses. can't read a thing without glasses now. my fellow tammi users have your eyes checked regularly  as the little white pill can affect your vision and start early cataracts, so on yearly checks. my eyes seem so much more sensitive to light now, even with my sunglasses on started tearing up the moment i walked out of the shop. good thing i walked there and did not drive

gyn visit was not fun!  had some spotting while up in disney so appointment was for this   the exam was so painful today( this is the guy that i see regularly  and did my endometrial biopsys  which didn't hurt!) because of the pain get to have a pelvis ultrasound next thursday, but not the magic wand version!

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

rip

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2014

Thanks everyone. I love to take pictures and wish I could do it professionally and make money at it. I have another Dr appointment in the AM and next Wed re-excision surgery. 

Lara I am sorry about your friend and hope all goes well. 

Lori I love your sunset pictures! 

Cami we were in Chicago this last weekend and it is beautiful! Lots of different parks and old and new buildings with such awesome architecture.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900
    edited September 2014

Good morning, Loungettes!  Just a quick poop in, slept in a bit after extra long day #3 this week, Gonna have to bust butt today and work a half day Saturday to ketchup.  One patient died last evening, things will be a bit calmer now.  Was an intense situation, needed lots of time and work and energy.  I am beat, but have my coffee and will carry on. 

• ncollett
    edited September 2014

NM  are you a nurse? Sorry about your patient I know that can be hard. Thanks for the advise by the way. 

I hope everyone had a good day today. Off to see another doc this am. 

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited September 2014

Im so sorry NM

I am starting a pain patch and lyrca we will see on my way to get it now

• ncollett
    edited September 2014

Good luck Orange I hope you get some relief

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

its friday

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2014

LDB, heating pad vs strung out on drugs is a much better choice. I will have to get me one of those microwave rice things, as a heating pad would eat up a lot of electricity. The front porch closed in will be nice. We are putting a tile floor in, so hoping it will radiate some heat in the house in the winter. How did doc visit go? And still no phone calls? When do you get those scan results?

Lara, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. The RB is striking ladies at a much too young age, just like yourself. You need to be her support, and we will be yours! I hope the drugs and patch help for your pain.

Wow Cami, 3 out of 4 of you with cancer and the one that doesn't have it passes. Funny about you all following her DH around. Did you ever catch him cheating? You did rads, did you do chemo? Walking the yellow brick road and singing. I have told this before, my DH calls me Scarecrow. So now you are Scarecrow too!

4, you had a pedi yesterday? I hope that means you are starting feel better.

Julie, you are always quiet about any issues you have, but at least you do share in time. I'm sorry you are in pain and I hope the US shows nothing. Of course we don't want you in pain either. OMG, donating to Tupperware! RIP Joan.

Nancy, I like to take pictures too. But they never turn out as good what the naked eye sees, especially landscapes.

Sorry for the loss NM, and sending prayers to their family. Glad you got a little extra sleep. The week is almost over.

Nancy, I'll answer for NM, since I'm pretty sure she is gone for the day. She is a nurse, a visiting nurse, working with hospice patients. Julie is a nurse and works (I believe) in cardiology. And for some reason I want to say on the physch ward? Julie? And PRN is a nurse too, and Genny went to nursing school, but is not currently practicing.

Calling Wacko? Why you make us call for you? Get your EWWA in here girl!

Mary, where are you?

Had to do some canning yesterday. Got 5 quarts of tomatoes done, couldn't just let them go to waste, right? Gonna go and look for a DOTD.

• goldie0827
    edited September 2014

DOTD----TAKE FIVE

Ingredients

4 oz. Vodka
    2 oz. Green Curacao
    2 oz. Lime Juice

• goldie0827
    edited September 2014

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

yes lori some days it does feel like a psyche ward!Shocked got my follow up with the doc on the 18th,i asked for an early appointment, she looked at me ,so said i'm going to disney for the food and wine festival,she said good reason so got 10am and will leave straight to disney Happy

lori your so busy and for those who have not met lori in person, she does not look like a scarecrow,she is tall,slim, with long blonde hair and drop dead gorgeous! and a fantastic personiality to match

nm-hope your pt got to pass peacefully with family and friends there

beautiful photos ncollett-you need a nickname!

lara-so hoping this combo works for you

good morning cammi,whats todays smell

• goldie0827
    edited September 2014

OMG Julie, I'm so humbarrassed ! What sweet sweet words, and here I call you a Disney Whore! I better change that to a very sweet, beautiful and kind Disney Whore! And with a beautiful accent and skin!

LDB, I foygot to answer your question. In that last picture, it's a rainbow. It was too big to capture the whole thing.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited September 2014

Happy Fried-day DahhhhLinks!!

RIP Joan...prayers going out to family and friends!

Lara - Prayers done for you friend, am so sawee.  Do hope the patch and lyrica help with the hell you're going thru.  (((Lara)))

Cami - You goils were a real close lot it sounds like.  I can just see you 'laying low' following the hubby around.  How'd that turn out?  I'm with you, had no idea Chicago was so pretty.  No worries...I kno u lubs me as I do you.  Work sounds like a PITA, hope it doesn't go all day like that.

4 - how come you are beat?? huh huh huh.  U sposed to be taking it easy.  I kno a pedi is relaxing, but sumpin tails me you doing tooo much.  Please take care of yourself (((Lynn)))  By the by - I have nails, pedi, and lashes later today...pampered!!

Julie - My doc appt yest was fine, we laughed alot about my being full of crap.  So before we go with a colon-prep, trying Smooth Move tea at night before bed.  Once I get all cleaned out, hopefully w/out havin to use the c-prep, he wants me to start on Linzess which treats my problems.  I'll keep ya posted.  GR8 that you sight is 20/20 distance.  I'm due for a check up, thanks for the reminder.  OOOO I don't like the sound of spotting and all that pelvic pain.  Can you take anything for relief until next Thurs?  Hope you get things cleared up b4 Disney!! (((Julie)))

Nancy - you do a fine job at pic taking.  Thanks for sharing those gr8 shots.

NM - xtra sleep is a good thing, especially after the night you had.  Prayers to the family and big HUGZ to you (((NM)))

Lowee - I have one of those, just doesn't stay hot as long, so up and down to the micro-wave.  Doc was fine, you read what I wrote to Julie.  And yes, still no calls...woohooo.  See doc on the 15th, will get all then.  O, we talked about the abnormal EKG from the ER.  He said same thing ER doc said "have you had a heart attack?"  Not that I kno of, so gonna see if my onco wants me to f/up with the cardio guy she uses, in fact prolly insist on it.  He is really good and will no doubt do an echo on me.  Now I see the Rainbow, you captured the end of it where the pot of gold is.  Git on your 4 wheeler and go look....j/k LOL.

I'll have one of those Take Fives....mmmmm!  Love the 'F' word post too.

Lubslubslubs as always!!

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

ok my name is julie and i have addiction to disney world, and i'm not interested in rehab unless its at the magic kingdom

• juliet62
    edited September 2014

• ncollett
    edited September 2014

Cool lots of good knowledge to share. Thanks for the info 😊. 

• princessrn
    princessrn Member Posts: 270
    edited September 2014

I work on psych. Have been pediatric nurse and IV antibiotic nurse and legal RN too. Lol. I get bored

• ncollett
    edited September 2014

Wow you do have your hands in a lot of pots princess. I have bean an RT for 26 years and have done critical care, peds, nicu ER and now home care with my brother who is also an RT. I have been in management for 21 years and now I am the Chief Clinical Operations Officer at our DME company when I do work and am in charge of HR Education and Compliance

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2014

This is Joey for Lori (Baby Jail) Now I honestly think that you should buy a playpen but, don't keep her in it all day. Try to interact with her physically and verbally. As she gets older you should more and more interact with her physically and maybe take her to do things. That's it for now ladies hope u like my advice Lori <3~ Joey!

• Dnice
    Dnice Member Posts: 156
    edited September 2014

ok Juliet, I had a tough week. But I read your post about not wanting rehab unless it's at the magic kingdom. Laughed so hard...... You and the other ladies are the best. AND  I hate Disneyworld..... Lol. So I really think you are funny!!!! Xo Dnice.  Don't hate me for not living WDW.....

• Dnice
    edited September 2014

loving WDW

• Dnice
    edited September 2014

no..... Not loving WDW. I was correcting living (auto correct in previous post) OMG I am being type A.   OMG  I need a drink..... Carry on comrades.... Love u all...

• Dnice
    edited September 2014

I mean ANOTHER drink...... Lol don't tell husband... Two drinks and he becomes the police.....lol? Anyone get this?

• ncollett
    edited September 2014

Lol Dnice yes sometimes I do. 

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited September 2014

Hi girls, I know I've been absent for awhile but here I is! I kinda had this superstition thing going on in my head, like if I didn't get on here to whine about my fears about my PET it would be ok... and tonight at 7:00 I got the word...ALL CLEAR!!! WooHoo!!! No cancer found anywhere else, no other nodes, no mets!! Oh my goodness, what a relief, had 2 cosmos, now drinking my red wine to celebrate! I called my son tonight to tell him I'll be watching our Nora graduate and he started crying. DH cried too, it was a stressful 36 hours. Whew! Now to catch up. I'm gonna see her tomorrow...yea!!

Joey, thanks for the advice, I agree, Nora needs a playpen so mom can take a shower, or pee for that matter, but not to be penned up in for long. Thanks for your advice, I think I'll by it for her. She is so fast and walking the furniture now so she needs to be watched all the time.

Nancy, great pics, we'll be doing rads together, I'll be starting week after next.

Sue, I drink that tea sometimes, works for me, I make it real strong, 2 bags and let it sit till it's cool, hoping things start moving along for you. Glad to hear no news on your tests. Sure you'll be looking bootiful with yer pedi, mani and lashes...oohh..lah..lah!!

Lara, hope the new pain meds help, and I'm so so sorry about your friend. Cancer sucks big time! I hope she finds that it's at an early stage, please keep us informed about her...saying prayers.

Lori, thanks for the DOTD, sorry about your pain. I have a couple of those rice things, Sue is right, they're nice but only last about 10 minutes. I think the energy used in the microwave probably would be more than a heating pad would use... maybe? Thanks for asking Joey, the wise one for advice. Sounds like you'll have plenty of food to get thru the winter. We are getting 2-3 tomatoes/day now and they are yummy! Trying to figure out what to do with the peppers, maybe chili will be next. I've always wanted to try canning, would love to do peaches, may try it one of these days. Oh, and those sunsets!!! Beautiful...

NM, sorry to hear about your patients passing. I hope it was peaceful. I've lost some of my customers to nursing homes since I've been gone but so far none have died. Even the 104 yr old is doing fine, I'll be back in time to see her turn 105. I know u have to work tomorrow to play ketchup, hope you have a nice Sat night and Sun.

PRN, glad u got to spend some quality time with yer DH. Almost done with rads for you..that's so great, time to get back to your life! You sound good.

Dnice, sorry you had a tough week, hope your weekend is fabulous!

4, already Pm'd you, we're both gonna be peachy-keen...let those teens keep waiting on you.

Julie, have fun at Disney World, I've never been there, enjoy your vacay, you've earned it.

Cami, so sorry to hear about your cousin, this damn FURB... sucks. Hope no phone calls tomorrow and hope yer pink (not gray) and smellin" purdy. What's the scent of the day?

Where's wacko????

anybody I missed, have a great Saturday.