how about drinking?

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2015

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2015

"A refreshing cocktail of Vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry and orange juice. Can be served over ice as a drink or strained into a shot or martini glass."  CALLED SEX ON A BEACH AND THE BEACH IS COMING. ( couldn't get the whole picture)

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2015

For Dara!!

WooHoo, welcome to de New Girl JK, pull up a stool and a tender and stay for a while.

Lori have fun at the movie!! And thanks for the tips on the floor. I agree you have a very nice house!! Because of Godzilla we got the floor that goes down like laminate but it is 100% vinyl and 100% waterproof. I have NO doubt he will find a way to mess it up though. Just hoping to slow him down a bit!!!

Julie have a good day at work, you will be a DW before you know it. I am having withdrawals. Been too long, I need to make a trip!

Nancy, Have a great day. Hope things are looking up. I always love your pics.

Genny, bummer on trivia. You need to find something he is not as good at like a Just Dance contest!!!

NM, calling NM.....we are worried about you so please check in ASAPliest!

LaLa, same goes for you!!

MemaSue we know you is out partaying with Jose somewhere, but check in when you can!! Goot ting you got your calendar marked for a facetime/Hug day!

Princess, I bet you covered in sticky something right now whether you are making candy or having a conjugal visitation!! Drop in for a beverage if you can!

Cami!! glad to see you. Sorry you have been having pain and pooter problems. I am glad tho that your comp is only acting like a skanky ho and not smelling like one. We all know that you like good smelly stuff :0) And thanks for the Sex on the Beach. I have Sex on the Beach every weekend!! Only I get kinky and put Black Cherry Rum or Raspberry Vodka in with the Peach schnapps. And speaking of schnapps, might I suggest Buttershots for you. It is very yummy and also verry yummy in hot cocoa!

Cyn, Red, Aly, Chrissy if you are watching hope yo uare having a great day!! thanks for sending the warmer weather from down Under, I will try to keep moving it forward towards teh more northern girls!

I tink dat is ebberyone, but my brain is on friday time and already feeling a widdle dwunk. Gotta get off my EWWA and go load up car and go set up catering.

Oh and my PS saw me yesterday. He is most Pleased wif Fin progression!!! Cut me lose to percolate for 2 months and my foot doc cut me lose until I hurt sumptin again. He a smart ass! I don't know what I am going to do with hardly any doc appointments. Prolly get in trouble!

Cheers to a good weekend on de way!! Lampshade partay Dara??? I tink we are due in mourning of your going back to dat place of employment....

Here is a round of Lubs and Hugz on me to get dis partay started!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2015

imageimageimage

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited January 2015

Morning DahhhhLinks!!

TGIF!!  But so sad Dara has to go back to work.  I have a ton of work yet to do but I am diving into it.  Takes a lot of talking to to get myself in gear.  So jes a quick poop in to let ya’ll know I’m still kicking.  I don’t like some of the features of this 8.1.  Have to figure out how to undo the mouse pad in the middle, it messes up my typing.   

Welcome JK to the lounge…gr8 group of gals here, lots of laughs and we all kno how healthy the laughter is.

Prayers and BIG HUGZ to those who need it, I kno who u r too.  Give me some time and I will be back.  Lubslubslubslubs all of you beautiful ladies!

p.s.   Am loving all the pic of Lucy and Nora and Jackson/Samara and all the pooches, keep em coming!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited January 2015

Hello chickabreasties~

I have nearly made it through my day. I am taking a well deserved break after finally passing one of the hardest tests in the bidness, HOEPA compliance training. I have a total of 14 continuing edumacation courses to take and have gotten through two today.

4, your pics do not show up when logged into de office computer, that may be a good ting hehe!  I will definitely join in for a lampshade partay tonight, looking forward to having a stiff dwink.

Camille, it is good to see you yet again. I am sorry for all of the computer issues you are having.

I am saying a prayer for NM, hoping she is not in trouble with her health, I am worried. I tink about calling her but always skeered of getting her out of bed and don’t wanna do that if she is sick. LOVE YOU NM, miss you, please report.

Lori, foygive mese blindness and stewpidity, I did not see that DOTD. But de more de maryier, right?

Well I am going to git back to my course work and try to get in one more quick one. I will see you goils latah, with BELLS!

ChEErS!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2015

Now Dara!! Not ALL my pics are work unfriendly!!!

Now Let's get this Partay Started!!!

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2015

Hey 4, glad to see ya, wooop woooop, the parTAY has starTED! funny, when I did see the pics you posted, they would all have been fine. I am used to opening the pages with caution whilst at work though. jest can't twust mese fun lubing goilfwends here. It is all good though, love the bad stuff and this is the place to be naughty!!

So whatcha dwinking, Lynn? Me, I bet you can't guess hehe! Rounds for all if ya git it right.

Still no NM Sad

Where is Julie today, we had our coffee together in de lounge this aye em and now she gone again. It is time to parTAY! yippie cay aye mo foe-kers! CHEERS!!

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2015

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2015

Oh wow that's a lampshade party, or is tat u'r new hat?

How is everyone today? I sure hope NM is doing better, I just saw on the news that these colds and flu things are really hard to ight this year, even I u got the shots, lots o sick people.And I'd think with Asama it has to be worse. Good thing it's the weekend, give u more time to rest and have more chicken soup.

Snow is coming soon, but not much (I hope) but it's warmer for now anyway.

My sister got another shot even tho she has the gels pads, we didn't know u could get one so soon, but the Dr. said as long as it's in a different area it's fine. And I she's not better by Tuesday they'll do an MRI. My brother has finished rads, so supposedly we'll find out just what's going on next week---they are trying to find out where the cancer started???

Dara I hope Lucy is giving u sleep--I never took a pet that young, I always want them like 6 months, cuz I have no patience. so I give u credit, but she's so cute.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and remember relax if u need to always, u'r body is not a playground right now, it's a resting area. So do just that.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2015

Cami back in the lounge...WOOT WOOT! You has me funcused at your comment that you were uspset for missing lunch, but then you talk about it being a buffet and the bafroom out the back door, etc. Are you sure you missed it? So sorry about your brother, well brothers. I wish your one brother would talk to you both. The more you use your cane, the more strength you will gain. I thought you walked just fine though, when I was there. What are these gel pads your sister has? For her knee? And good for Joey saving his money.

4, cracking up at your comment to PRN, being covered in someting sticky.....ewwwww!!!! But still cracking up! And you moost stay outta trouble, at least outta da hospital.

LDB, is that your only complaint on 8.1? Have you tried or seen 8 to compare? Don't be working too hard girl....have some kill ya!

Wacko, you are borgiven, I mean forgiven. And you are right, the more dwinks the better.

NM, if you are sick, we hope you are home taking care of yourself.

The movie we saw was American Sniper, not the one I said with J-Lo. The movie was good, lots of killing (of course) and based on a true story.

We'll go ahead and have some Sex on the Beach today. Cami's has supplied the ingredients..

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited January 2015

Good Saturday morning girls. DH just left with the dogs, thought I'd pop in quick before going to fitness center to workout. Maybe I'll swim too it's not crowded. Don't know what the weekends are like there yet. We had a date night last night and went to dinner and then to see American Sniper at the Imax theater. Wow, very realistic and sad, Bradley Cooper was just fantastic in it. Saw the real guy on TV from an interview and they even sounded the same. I'm really starting to feel like the old me, I can go all day without feeling like I need a nap. It;s been 2 months since I finished with rads and I think I'm back. Watched Nora yesterday, what a riot she is, still pointing that finger and yelling "DOE" when you correct her. Her mom was trying to keep her from bothering their old dog and she was being rather defiant and her mom said "No! leave Lucy alone!" So she just puts that finger in the air and walks around the room saying "Da Doe, Da Doe, Da Doe!" We were all hiding our faces in our sleeves cause we didn't want her to see us laughing cause then she thinks it's funny and goes over to pester the dog some more. (and yes Dara, their dogs name is Lucy).

NM, please pop in and let us know that you're OK, weese a bit worried.

Cami, hope your have banished those demons from yer puter. Let us know if you need us organize an exorcism or something.

Dara, hope the 1st day back at work was ok. Love the pics of Lucy and Bella, so sweet.

OK so I just realized I was a page behind, sawry I missed the lampshade party..looked like fun.

Lori, just saw that you went to the same movie, certainly not one that I had to worry about falling asleep. My DH has been wanting to see it, wouldn't have been my 1st pick but it was very good.

Dara, glad the work day wasn't too horrible back at the "law firm"..wink wink.

Sue, thanks for popping in, you're always so busy.

Julie, have fun at Disney, is it this weekend, I can't remember.

4, you crack me up, hope your floor withstands the 10 year old.n You sound really good, nothing getting you down as usual

Hi PRN, hope it's a good weekend for you , don't work too hard unless this is the conjugal weekend but I don't think so, can't remember.

Lala..u ok?

Hi Nancy, have fun with the kids if you see em this weekend. Hope it's seizure free.

Hi to everyone I missed, got to get moving...I'll try and pop in later with some pics of little miss bossy...oh she's starting to get a little attitude already. Can't even imagine what 2 will be like...see ya latah

• MemaSue56
    edited January 2015

Morning DahhhLinks!

Dara - sounds like your 1st day back wasn't too bad.  Sorry I missed the Lampshade party last night.

4 - love the hats....looks like u n Dara had a pretty fun night.

NM - yes do please check in, you been gone to long, hope whatever it is isn't too serious, sending prayers and BIG HUGZ!

Lowee - wouldn't b able to figure out how to make it 8, instead of 8.1, but I am getting around better.  Thing is the puter man didn't put my Hotmail over on this one.  I still get emails on my phone and kindle, which I can respond to, but prefer to see on puter.  Wish I cud figure out how to do it myself.  DH and I want to see Mordachi (sp).  He doesn't do movies, been years.  So I'll go n watch anything.  Was supposed to be this Tues, then he tells me all this other crap he's got going...idk!  I'd also like to see the sniper movie.  After all day on quickbooks I did relax with 2 killa's...slept pretty good last night considering no Xanax.  Been weening myself off, taking every other night.  Off nights I'm awake by 2 or 3 ayem anxious feeling.  Hope it's over now.

Cami - like your advice on the body and resting it, we can never get to many reminders to take it easy.  Still sending prayers for your siblings.  I don't kno how they can figure where it started, but do kno that stats say, 'usually this place or that place' is the most likely source.  idk. 

Mary - just love the stories of Nora,, what a cutiepatutie!!  Good for you for hitting the gym and good to hear you are feeling more like yourself.  My weight is still dropping woohoo, and my energy level is up now too.

Hello to Julie, Prn, Aly, and Lara and anyone else I'm missing.  Where's the new gal?

Lubslubslubslubs all ya'll!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2015

Are you sober tonight?? this is kinda mesmerizing!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2015

hello all

well done sue and more energy-yee ha

cammi=Happy, sorry you missed your lunch, tell your brother he's being a brat! hope they both feel better soon. well done joey , you keep saving

dara- so how many days do you work in kansas before your surgery? lucy is so adorable, her and bella are cute together

nancy- what a cute FAMILY photo of ds and familyThumbsUp

mary-can nora get any cuter? loved the birthday pics

lori-19 days until i'm a dw again

worked friday, last thing go help a colleague as there having issues with a patient, they are cussing us out big time, we were tying them down at the time but they kept throwing insults at us and you know when your tired and everything is hysterically funny ,that was the day shift,night shift was its going to be a long night

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2015

I'm worrying about NM! She hasn't even signed on since the 13th. Even if it wakes her up, i think somebody that has her number should give her a call!

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2015

I just talked to NM, she is doing a lot better but was suffering from asthma attacks. She has been working but coming home and just crashing out. She said that she will report in tomorrow.

There is so much gloomy local news here. First, last night, a three year old was killed while trying to beat a train. The child was ejected from the car. One of my girlfriends was at the scene. It is not known who was driving the car but the person went through the rails trying to beat the train. It is a high speed train running from the state capital of KS to Philadelphia. Then another story in my county, a woman set a newborn on fire and dumped her in the middle of the road. Someone came out of their house who saw the fire and the girl said it was dog feces on fire that someone put in her car. WTF is wrong with people? And people are bothering my daughter? For the love of God, this is just ridiculous.

Ok, rant over, gonna get back to watching TV with my Dad. Just wanted to report that Kim is okay.

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2015

Julie, I did not see your prior post until now. I do not know how much longer until surgery, I see the surgeon this coming Friday. I had thought my appointment was Monday but got a confirmation call on Thursday stating it was this past friday. I put it in mese calendar wrong, seems I screw that up too much. So I rescheduled. Thanks to you and Sue and the other goils for the compliments on mese Lucy and Bella too. they are jest too cute together. They are all plum tuckered now, both out and Lucy is curled in Bella's side, it is too cute. THey make me smile berry often.

Lynn, that thing makes me brain batty hehe, dere sumting wrong with me.

Sue, you always biddy, do not know how ya do it all. Bella and Lucy too, send their lubs to you.

Camille, love dyour pic on facebook, love you.

Genny, hope you had fun with Nora, I am sure she is wearing you out. Such cute stories about her, she is shirley de disciplinarian eh? Can't wait for new pics.

Hello and Good night to the rest of you. I am laying in bed watching SNL, not too thrilling but I am tired. Catch you great ladies tomorree. Cant wait to see NM, was nice talking to her although i kept it brief (if ye can believe it hehe).

chEErs!

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited January 2015

To long I am here

sorry

feeling better see doc wed I was in pain, the bleeding was my last  period

so not much symptoms of anything yet regarding menopause

I think she will give me clearance in a week still bloated and my stitches in my belly button,OMG I have no idea what I wrote after surgery feel like I just got my head on straight

Hi Mema

4 sounds like a house of kids is fun but you are very busy and having so many surgeries

Genny u soufd terrific I was thking of the paleo I need some energy and some natural substances for my menopause

I saw a lot of Vitamin D and B12

cant have any Hormone replacement I am  HER positive, so she said NO

I do things the hard way

Ncollet get up! do not let this chit kick u down stay positive

A doc my age before surgery said I would be in bed eating ice cream I said no u have to live

Goldie love the flooring

Dara dear love the new pup I need one, How the interview go?

Got my diploma in the mail so I am starting to get my resume out time to live I lost like 12 pounds I ate soup de jour and shots of whiskey here and there

I also want to go to Florida see my parents the girl(my so called friend) that I help clean is a pita big time....well so r u baby yourself? Why cant u clean? I know someone who was getting bk ten days after hysterectomy. I was a bit loopy she goes ill take u to a clean to get out of house we can talk the PITA asked me to mop and vacuum pissed me off

Juliet Disney soon Im glad u r feeling  better I think u back to work?

Hi cam sounds like th ejob is the same anything new? I miss your funny stories

NM they say this flu strain is not covering what's out there

kk poop in later

• Orange73
    edited January 2015
  • Orange73
    edited January 2015
  • Orange73
    edited January 2015

This is cool… L00K at the trees and choose the one that is immediately most appealing to you. I’m a 1.

Don’t think about it too long, just choose, see what hits you first, and find out what your choice says about your personality, have FUN and share your choice in the comments. Thank You

The results …

1. You are a generous and moral (not to confuse with moralizing) person. You always work on self-improvement. You are very ambitious and have very high standards. People might think that communicating with you is difficult, but for you, it isn’t easy to be who you are. You work very hard but you are not in the least selfish. You work because you want to improve the world. You have a great capacity to love people until they hurt you. But even after they do… you keep loving. Very few people can appreciate everything you do as well as you deserve.

2. You are a fun, honest person. You are very responsible and like taking care of others. You believe in putting in an honest day’s work and accept many work-related responsibilities. You have a very good personality and people come to trust you easily. You are bright, witty and fast-thinking. You always have an interesting story to tell.

3.You are a smart and thoughtful person. You are a great thinker. Your thoughts and ideas are the most important. You like to think about your theories and views alone. You are an introvert. You get along with those who likes to think and learn. You spend a lot of time, thinking about morality. You are trying to do what is right, even if the majority of society does not agree with you.

4. You are perceptive and philosophical person. You are a unique, one soul of your kind. Next to you there’s no one even slightly similar to you. You are intuitive and a bit quirky. You are often misunderstood, and it hurts you. You need personal space. Your creativity needs to be developed, it requires respect of others. You are a person who clearly sees the light and dark sides of life. You are very emotional.

5. You are self-assured and in charge. You are very independent. Your guiding principle in life is ‘I’ll do it my way.’. You are very self-reliant and know how to stay strong for yourself and the people you Love. You know exactly what you want and are not afraid of pursuing your dreams. The only thing you demand from people is honesty. You are strong enough to accept the truth.

6. You are kind and sensitive. People relate to you very well. You have many friends and you love helping them. You have this warm and bright aura that makes people feel good when they are around you. Every day, you think about what you can do to improve yourself. You want to be interesting, insightful and unique. More than anybody else in the world, you need to love. You are even ready to love those who don’t love you back.

7. You are happy and unflappable. You are a very sensitive and understanding person. You are a great listener who know how to be non-judgmental. You believe that everybody has their own journey in life. You are open to new people and events. You are highly resistant to stress and rarely worry. Normally, you are very relaxed. You always manage to have a good time and never lose your way.

8. You are charming and energetic. You are a fun person who knows how to make people laugh. You live in a state of harmony with the universe. You are spontaneous and enthusiastic. You never say no to an adventure. Often, you end up surprising and even shocking people. But that’s just how you are… You always remain true to yourself. You have many interests and if something proves of interest to you, you will not rest until you acquire a profound knowledge of this area.

9. You are optimistic and lucky. You believe that life is a gift and you try to achieve as much as possible and put this gift to the best use possible. You are very proud of your achievements. You are ready to stick by the people you care about through thick and thin. You have a very healthy approach to life. The glass is (at least) half full for you. You use any opportunity to forgive, learn, and grow because you believe that life is too short to do otherwise.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2015

Love our Nora stories, and you are right about hiding your laffs so she doesn't think it's cute. Please try to get a video of her doing it. Without her knowing you are videoing of course!

LDB, I wasn't suggesting that you change to 8, we have an 8, I hate it! I was wondering if you had TRIED 8, and if the 8.1 was easier/better? I thought hotmail was similar to yahoo and gmail. You just go to that site, www.hotmail.com and log in? Then you can add it to your favorites? I have not heard of that movie you mentioned, Sniper WAS good. Can you go with a GF? Glad you got a good nights sleep, they are so nice when they come around. I had a good one last night, took 2 night time pain relievers, got up once to go potty and that was it. I don't think I even woke from any hot flashes.....just passed out! So glad you are feeling so good.

Oh my 4, I couldn't watch that, and I'm sober!

Oh julie, glad you will be getting your ho on....LOL! Sorry about the patient, but glad you weren't on the night shift.

Dara, that is all horrible/terrible news. I just don't even like hearing about that kind of stuff. Maybe why I don't watch the news. The way you wrote it, made it sound like it was the 3 yo that was trying to beat the train and doing the driving. How the fluck do you mistake a newborn for dog feces? She must have been cracked out. And who is bothering your DD and how? Are you two talking now?

Lara, absofrickenlutely NO HORMONES. Do you take Tamoxafin or something similar? Glad you are feeling better. I did not know your folks were in FL. Sorry, but me no see any trees!!!

NM, glad that Dorothy called you. I can't believe you are feeling that bad and still going to work. You crazy nut!

DOTD-The Knock Out Cocktail
    1/2 oz Absinthe
     3/4 oz Gin
     3/4 oz Dry Vermouth
     1 teaspoon Creme de Menthe (White)

Stir with ice and strain into cocktail glass.  Serve with a cherry.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2015

just came back from my first ever zumba class, so will be having a lie down as soon as i finish my tea, the fact i have no coordination and no rhythm did not slow me down

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2015

Good morning girls!

Lori, you are right, I did write that the three year old was trying to beat the train, oops, esscuse my lack of clarity. It is not known who was driving, I was told it was not the grandfather so assuming one of the parents of the child. So very sad. And what I met by people bothering my daughter was the CPS people. I still have not spoken with her. Are you able to see her facebook account? It seems she unfriended me, bummer. I hate what is happening between us. I left her a voice message today, she borrowered a pair of my shoes for court and I need them back for work. I also told her that I wish that we could communicate again and that I love her. Anyway, keep up the prayers for us if you will. Great DOTD, I have never heard of absinthe, I had to look it up.

NM, hope to see your purdy face in the lounge soonliest.

LARA!! Welcome back, glad you are doing alright. Congrats on getting your diploma, great job. I could not view the photos you posted so the rest does not make sense without the photo, booooo hisss boooo. Try to come in more often. This place gets quiet lately.

Julie, the countdown is on for your trip to Disney, jest a few more weeks, woooohoooooo!

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all doing well. Nancy, 4, Sue, Mary, Camille, please report ASAPliest. I git sad when I do not see you all in de lounge. I hope everyone has a fab day. Love and hugs to all.

cheers!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited January 2015

Good morning, Loungettes!I'm BAAAAACk!

Sorry to go MIA, but my asthma flared up, was kicking my butt, right when we got slammed with admits at work with our daily census going from hanging right around 39-40 to hitting and passing 50, and with at least one staff member out sick on any given day. It has been one he## of a couple of weeks.So I have been feeling very wiped out, and dropping into my recliner, sucking on the nebulizer, popping codeine and xanax, forcing some fluids in, falling asleep, then dragging myself out of bed after hitting the snooze so many time I barely had time to get dressed and leave for work in the morning.I worked yesterday to catch up on everything so this next week starts clean and caught up. (Medicare weeks for Hospice are Monday through Sunday).Today I am off, totally, and the only work related thing I will allow myself to do is wash and hang up my scrubs.I'm even giving myself permission to not try to do any house cleaning, even though the place is a total disaster.I am just about done with the steroids (one more day, yay!) then I will start being able to sleep better and concentrate again, and not feel like the whole world is out to get me.

Some time ago I decided that making New Year's resolutions was not really something that I found helpful.That's not usually the time of year that I am up for making changes in my life.This year I am making an exception, if slightly late.From this time forward, when my asthma is acting up to the point that I am coughing so hard I am peeing myself, and taking steroids and using the nebulizer, I will NOT go to work.I don't care how low that takes my time off hours bank, it is not worth the struggle to keep moving, to be exhausted, and end up taking 3 or 4 weeks to recover, and having all the housework and everything just ignored and creating it's own backload of work for me to worry about.Now, my dear Breasties, I will need you to hold me to this resolution!

Thank youse for all the thoughts and prayers,sorry to have you all,

And I really appreciate dotty calling and checking on me.

I am only going to do a quick skim through the post's I have missed, I knowwill stress myself into insanity if I try to ketchup on everything, soforgive me if I miss something important, actually, it's all important, so forgive me for what I miss, feel free to update me!

Lucy is such a sweetie pie with her toys!

Julie--great advice about forgiveness.

Birthday cake mash!Yes!

Goldie--I will have to get some cinnamon whiskey for my cough/cold/sore throat recipe.Going to stock up and be prepared from now on!

Collett--I cannot imagine what a struggle it is to be retraining your brain do to things like handle stress and deal with balance.

Dara--had to check out the DWI video--make me LOL and then start coughing again!Funny!

Cammy--glad your puter problems got fixed!

Oh no, I missed a Lampshade Party!D@mned asthma!

WOAH!I almost got hypnotized!

ORLA--you heard right, the CDC finally admitted this year's flu shot is the least helpful for probably decades.This year's flu shot is providing 23% protection, a "good" match gives about 50-60% protection.The full CDC press release is at http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2015/p0115-flu-vaccination.html

Goldie--I am a nurse, therefore there are areas in my life in which I am idiotic and/or a total failure.Taking care of myself is one such area.Totally typical of nurses.Therefore a whole d@mned office full of us working while sick, exhausted and baffling the non-nursesas to why we are all crying, screaming, having tantrums, and generally melting down."If you are sick why didn't you stay home and recover?""Because I am a nurse, I can give my patients the best care, everyone else is busy, too, and I don't want anyone to have to pick up extra work because of me, 'cuz that means I'm a failure as a nurse, that's why!"

That Knockout Cocktail looks so pretty!

OK, time for NM to take a nap.

DOTD:

Schnapp Pop

1 1/4 oz Wildberry Schnapps Schnapps

1 part Ice Other Food

Club Soda Mixer

Best served in a Highball Glass.

Directions

Fill glass with ice, add schnapps and fill with club soda. Turn over once to mix. Serve with straw.

• MemaSue56
    edited January 2015

Morning DahhhLinks

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CYNDIELOUWHO!!!  I'm having an early morning coffee/brandy as a toast to another year older.  Have a wonderful day Ms CyndieLou!!  Muah!!

Lowee - sawee for misunderstanding.  I had not tried 8, this new laptop had 8.1.  I did all that with Hotmail, it set up a new one, it's an Outlook app.  I need a cable I guess to plug into old one and new one to transfer all my contacts, saved email etc. I guess.  Friend said to trans to flash drive then download to new puter.  Will try that later. 

Julie - check you out...doing the zumba....proud of ya, I'd kill myself LOL.  I can jes see u laughing and trying not too, pt's can b pitas too. 

Lara - sounding good.  Congrats on your diploma.  And nope...no hormones.  You'll feel the menopause systems soon enuf.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  And you should NOT b mopping and vacuuming so soon, tell pita to stuff it.  I don't see any trees either.Sad

Dara -  warms my heart that you have ur pooches to make you smile.  You have not had a lot to smile about lately so tis a good thing.

4 - That pic is 'cray cray' as you say...LOL.

Gotta get the feedbag on dh.  He took dogs to park but will b home in minutes.  I can't even think about eating when I first get up...I need at least 3 cups of 1/2 caff coffee.  Looking at over easy eggs before then makes me gag.

lubslubslubslubslubslubs ya'll!   Have a wonderful Saturday!

• MemaSue56
    edited January 2015

Oh....forgot to thank you Dara for calling NM and giving us an update.  Prayers to NM.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited January 2015

Just wanted to pop back in and report on the most energy I have spent so far today. I got a Scentsy delivery yesterday or the day before, I now have 14 different scent blocks to choose from, and just spent a wonderful 10 minutes deciding which one to put in the warmer to enjoy while I play ketchup with my e-mail, facebook, etc. I can officially say I have been productive, I made a choice! Currently enjoying cucumber lime, and it is wonderful.