Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,971
    edited June 2017

ChiSandy- thanks for the good wishes. The further out I go, the less anxiety ridden I am with the follow ups, but never easy to go through the follow ups. The mammo and ultrasound are the hardest and do that on 7/14. I will see the BS the following week and then the MO the last week. I am actually to my 5 years this November, whoot whoot! I need to find out what the plan is going forward on visits through next year. I will be on the AIs through next March.

Wishing you and your DH a very happy anniversary friend!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited June 2017

Thanks, Jazzy! At RPM, aperitif was Graham Beck Brut Rosé (S. Africa). With the steak, a 2005 Rioja Riserva that was a real bargain on the by-the-glass list. And with dessert, a 5-puttonyos Tokaj Aszu, sweet with a nice edge and acidity, with a faint litchi bouquet similar to late-harvest Gewurztraminer or Muscat Beaumes-de-Venise. (I was lusting after the 2005 Chateau d’Yquem Sauternes until I saw it was $54 for a 3-oz glass. Thanks but no thanks).

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,705
    edited June 2017

Good morning all, surgery went well (a little mixed feelings, more lift than I expected but more reduction than I expected too). Currently, DH and I are waiting on coffee, breakfast and discharge by the plastic surgeon, BS already said ok :)

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited June 2017

Hello to all - healing thoughts to those in need due pain, procedures or whatever else. On vacay with DS in Greenwich CT since late PM on 6/23, so just a quick pop in. Congrats to Dara on the job!

• chisandy
    edited June 2017

NOOOOO!!!! My PCP just messaged me that besides aspirin & NSAIDs, he wants me to ditch alcohol too until my next CBC! No more wine till July 16? Say it ain’t so!!! (At least I had a nice oenological sendoff at dinner last night).

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

Oh Chi, that is not good news! But that is only a couple weeks friend, not forever. If any of them told me to give it up wine forever, I would be sad.....

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited June 2017

Jazzy, you sure stay bizzy girl. Gosh, only a week away for the visit with your boy toy and no word. Not sure I would like that. But see you are not holding your breath! We had friends that were suppose to come around the beginning of the week. They are house hunting. Never heard from them, but I do know her sister was put on hospice, so perhaps they headed back towards home. Wishing you all the very best on your upcoming tests, may they all show NED. I didn't stop worrying either, until I hit my 5 year mark, but told my onc I wanted to stay on 6 mo check ups until I hit 10 years. Good thing, as year 6 it decided to rear it's ugly head again.

Sandy, a pill (of sorts) with a camera in it? Happy Anniversary. $54 for 3 oz. of wine? Wowsa! Now you have to give it all up for now. We will pick up your drinking for you.

Ilona, sorry about the mixed feelings from your surgery. As for the "lift" perhaps that will drop some as it heals and swelling goes down. As for the reduction, dunno. Just hope you like the new girls in the end. Or should we say "revised" girls?

Hi and welcome KB. Pull up a stool and have a Tender grab you a libation.

Some of you may not know, NM's Aunty passed. So I assume that is why she has not been here

Have our Taiwan friend coming Friday evening, along with her friend.

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

Goldie - thanks for letting us know about NM and her aunt's passing. I had a feeling something had happened.

Boy toy not coming. Contacted him Tues night & found out. Relieved in the end as I am seeing things that don't work for me. A friend says they always remind you why the are an ex. Lol. Anyways, done with this one 😎

Dealing with multiple power outages since yesterday. More overnight and this am. Back again soon 😀

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

Good morning friends- I seem to have my power and internet back, at least for the moment. Starting yesterday afternoon, the power was going off intermittently, for a few minutes here and there. It went down hard for a good 45 min around 2 p.m. and also took down my cable and DSL. Repair time was four hours there and so I went swimming and came back last night and everything was working. But then overnight, the power kept going off

So with the old BF, the past few weeks during our conversations, I began to realize his life seems very unstable and have been feeling that a visit might not be in my best interest. I have thought from the beginning that this was just someone who is in a post divorced phase trying to feel better about himself, and men often go back to old flames for a trip down Nostalgia Lane. Not the first guy who has done it.

Anyways, long story short, after not getting any updates from him a week before the planned visit, I reached out via messaging a couple days ago to ask if he was still coming next Thursday? He said he just found out he needs to help his daughter with her move (he had told me about about her moving to the west coast) and needed to be around through next friday, but was thinking he could still get out her by next Saturday. But that last minute travel stuff would be difficult. That confirmed what already knew, there were never any travel plans. Anyways, I told him he should go help his daughter and good luck with the move. Change of plans is one thing, me having to drag that out of him is all I needed to know. Game over!

I also am very grateful to be reminded why this never worked out. He was not the guy for me then and even less so now. I have had old friends and lovers from the past come around, some good, and some that need to remain in the past. I am more relieved than anything, and glad I got the answers I need on this so I can close this door permanently. There is still someone locally who I also like and who is a better fit for me. We used to work together and are colleagues and friends, but he is shy and although I have sense he wants to ask me out, he gets stuck. Anyways, am open to getting to know him better and will see where that goes next! Whew!

I have my final steel drum class tonight and may have a link to share with you with our performance. Stay tuned.

NM- sister, if you are out here lurking, I just want to share that I am sorry about the passing of your auntie. I know that things changed really quickly with her health. I am glad you have more space in your schedule to be able to deal with this and be there for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Cami- where are you friend?

Dara- how are the plans coming along to be ready to start your work?

Wishing everyone a good day!

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

KB- I forgot to welcome you to the thread! Glad to have you join us!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited June 2017

Good Afternoon, Loungettes!I'm not going to try to ketchup today, will save that for future. Aunty Linda died between 12:45 and quarter to 1 Tuesday ayem, peacefully and quietly. No one of us could figure out why she was holding on so long. No one thought she would live to the weekend when I got there, let alone through the weekend. There was the expected family drama on Wedbetween my cousin and her niece, fortunately the Hospice social worker was there and mediated that episode and got them both into a good place where they have been working well together ever since. I hope that will last.Cousin's hubby will be flying out from Vegas next Thursday. I'm going back down tomorrow, will stay through the weekend to help with cleaning out the house. Came home late yesterday to sleep in my own bed and get a long hot shower in total privacy, and have no hot water. Oil tank is empty. Sigh. I can still heat water on the stove and get the dirty (and smelly) dishes washed up and the stinky fridge cleaned out.

Love you all, got to get some things done, will try to be in touch over the next few days.

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

NM- thanks for the updates on all that has been going on. I do hope all the things you have been learning about decluttering will help with the house clean out for your auntie. Really tough to do for another's place.

Sending you much love sister.

• chisandy
    edited June 2017

NM, here's a virtual shoulder to lean on. May your aunt's memory be for a blessing.

Jazzy, good call on not letting that old flame rekindle. Steel drums? Wow! Is there any instrument you don't play?

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

Chi- I play five instruments, the flute, violin, alto sax, soprano sax and the steel drums. I think I hit all the musical instrument groups!

• goldie0827
    edited June 2017

Jazzy, a good friend of mine (from here, but doesn't post anymore) is single and started a relationship with this guy. (Not an old flame tho). But he was just out of a 26 year marriage, wife was cheating on him. She was really happy with how things were going, but felt like she was the "rebound" girl and didn't want to start a relationship that way. So they broke up. She's hoping something may happen in the future, after he gets over everything. So, glad you were able to "let go" and good luck with the local guy.

KB, you can do all the drinking you want here. In fact we encourage it! Naaaa, not really. We're more about just having fun and giving support to those that need it in the moment. We're really a small group, but welcome anyone.

Kim, no worries about ketchin up. Not a whole lot going on anyways. So just jump in when you're ready. Glad things got handled between the cousin and niece and that Aunty went peacefully. You just take care of YOU and Sadie too!

Lilian and her friend arrive later this afternoon. They left CA around 4:30 this am. Will take them about 10 hours or so for the drive. Staying until Monday, I think. It's so quiet in here, my heart is lonely and missing my friends. Therefore the DOTD (drink of the day).rt

Ms. Lonely Heart

1 oz. Tito's vodka

.75 oz. Blackberry syrup

.75 oz. Lemon juice

1.5 oz. Prosecco

Lemon

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2017

Hi friends- busy day today. Got to the pool early to swim, then to the dentist for a check up (more flossing please) and been home for a bit and heading to the spa next to get my feet worked on! I have not seen my massage therapist in a couple months, because I had a treatment last month at the hot springs. Can't get too spoiled over here!

What is everyone doing for the 4th? I am planning to go to Santa Fe for the day. Might hit one of the museums I have not visited lately too. Going to stop and visit some friends on the way down that evening too.

Goldie- I had a very hurtful rebound relationship in my late 20s, and that dude broke my heart. I have dated divorced men since, but have learned how to ask better questions and take my time getting to know them. Usually within the first year, divorced men find someone to just make them feel better about things.

There is a great book I read a few years back on the recommendation of a friend called "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey. Now you might think he is unlikely to be a relationship advisor, but his premise is to get to know a man at least 90 days by talking to him, asking questions, observing his behaviors, etc. I have applied that a couple times with men I am getting to know (including this one again). It really does work, and for me, I have really seen some things I needed to in order to make my decisions. Move forward or let it go. Tell your single friend about this book, it is a handy book for anyone single dating at any age!

NM- thinking of you.

Cami- hope you are okay

Wishing everyone a good start to the long weekend.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited July 2017

hi girls!

i been hanging out and waiLting for someone to come into de lounge and keep me company! where is eberybody?

All is well here, started the job but basically just going over what's to come. I have to start working on preparing for my license, not looking forward to that part again.

NM, sorry about Aunty Linda but glad it was peaceful when she moved on to God's arms. Glad the hospice nurse worked things out, shame on them as this is a NO FRICtioN time. Hugs to ya as I know you are hurting.

Jazzy, glad you ditched the soon to be date before things started, following your gut instinct is the smart thing to do! Wow, that is a lot of instruments you play.

Lori, enjoy your time with Lillian.

Sandy, hope your time in the no dwinking zone passes quickly.

CAMILLE< get in here, I am a toetapping and waiting for ya.

Welcome to our newbie loungettes, keep on coming in!

Hello to eberyone else, ~~ hiccup!

Gonna run and get back to my yard projects!

chEErs all! and lots o Dara lub!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,705
    edited July 2017

Hey Dara, I'm here. Still sore but DH is taking care of me, his motto is "ilona gets the best of everything", I'm tired but hardly lifting a finger. I did enjoy a glass of red wine tonight and leftover pot roast, now it's almost time for bed. Night night loungettes, hope all is well :)

• dara_diverse
    edited July 2017

Illmae, i like your husband and his motto. Hate that you are sore, hope each days brings great improvement.

It is eerily quiet in here. I am worried about Cam, she has not even logged in since the 25th. Sending hugs and many many prayers her way. If she does not report soon, gonna put an APB on her.

Thanks for joining me for a dwink Ellimae. Mese having jack and diet (pepsi)!

cHeErS!

• chisandy
    edited July 2017

Cami, where are you? Report! (as they say on Chicago Fire). Ilona, you’ve got yourself a keeper! With the halibut & salmon I made tonight, Bob had some of that Riesling (the Slovenian Chardonnay he put in to chill wasn’t cold enough yet). Me, I poured about a “finger” of organic ginger-beer (flat, but no matter) over ice, and topped it up with Dasani Blood Orange unsweetened seltzer and a squeeze of lemon. Bob offered me some of his Koval vodka (distilled only a mile from here), but I’m following PCP’s orders. Besides, I’m not wild about vodka.

• jazzygirl
    edited July 2017

Hi ladies- I am concerned about Cami too. I sent her a PM sometime last week but have not heard anything. I hope Dara can find out something for us!

• goldie0827
    edited July 2017

Jazzy, my friend is currently dating someone. She is just very picky, which I don't blame her, especially at our age! We got an invite to some neighbors for a cook out on the 5th.

Wacko, I thought you were going to share some pictures of you yard? Glad to hear you are back amongst the living. How is Cheryl doing?

Ilona, glad your hubby is taking good care of you. And you just rest. That's the best thing you can do for you. You do too much, and you'll be in a world of hurt. Just ask anyone here who didn't listen and did too much. I won't mention any names!!!

Perhaps Boss Lady is busy with family and holiday things…on top of all her pain and other BS that she has to deal with.

Well, I have to put out some squirrel traps. Saw one in the garden yesterday, and he can do some DAMAGE. And they are too quick to take the time and get the shot gun. Dang critters….don't mess with my garden!

• goldie0827
    edited July 2017

• dara_diverse
    edited July 2017

hi again girls just checking in to see if anyone's yet heard from Camill

Hi again girls! just checking in to see if anyone's yet heard from Camille or to see if she has posted. I am close to contacting her daughter but I've sent her a text in the meantime. I might have to nominate Lori to call her daughter as I don't have a telephone number.

Lori, you are not talking about me as far as not following doctors orders are you? And I will get some photos up of my yard, it is still a work in progress. I've been busting my yes, out there every minute of my spare time. I also am waiting for carpet for under my bar. there is so much that I want to do now that I am physically up to it. Finally, gosh darn it, I am back!! Anyway, I hope you're right about Camille and that she is busy.

Hate those Effen squirrels, they have chewed my patio cushions and it was cheaper to get a new patio set then to buy new cushions. If I had a gun, I'd shoot them to I'll be it I feel very bad because I think they're cute little phJazzy, Cam told me and Cheryl how helpful you are to her via private message and likewise, you are very helpful to me. Thanks for the suggestion of getting an accountant by the way, so much to wrap my head around right now.

Hope you are having a great day! I spent yesterday with my grandson and we were supposed to see fireworks but it's storm. I want about a half mile up the road to pick up some produce while the sun was shining but it was still drizzling. I happened to catch a beautiful double rainbow.

Now waiting for my baby daddy to come over along with a few friends for a widdke picnic! Today is a 10 here, other than the storm last night and weekends been totally beautiful. I hope it is nice where you are.

• And a few of my favorite photos of Logan and also of my dear daughter Jenica! Cheers from me and mese peeps!
    • Cheers and beers!!

• dara_diverse
    edited July 2017

shit, I put up a lot of pictures but none of them showed. It was easy uploading them from my phone, darn it. I know IOU guys a picture of me in my dress at the wedding but honestly I don't like the way I looked. It was mainly my hair that I didn't like it I ended up putting it up and although I love that from the back, I did not like how it looks from the front.

• dara_diverse
    edited July 2017

• dara_diverse
    edited July 2017

• dara_diverse
    edited July 2017
    1. image
  • dara_diverse