Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited June 2021

Lori, for us the only thing more fear-inducing than all the prep "Konmari-ing" we'd need to do for the repairs (which we should have done long ago) would be moving. Just the thought of all that packing (not to mention the logistics of moving, and especially selling the place and trying to find somewhere else roomy enough and low-maintenance we could afford--w/o taking out a mortgage--in another nice neighborhood) gives me both hives and agita (Cami, you know what that means in Italian). Were we to sell the place as-is, I doubt we'd get even $250K. Median home value in the Chicago area is $350K, and in our neighborhood $800K (a relative steal compared to NY, Boston, the DC suburbs or CA--there are at least a few million-dollar homes on our block alone). Last property tax assessment projected a resale value of >$600K. We are getting a lot of sight-unseen offers to buy our house because the pandemic increased demand for single-family homes, but there is a shortage of even rental apts. People have gotten used to staying put.

So this summer, baby steps. Probably the interior staircase first (for safety's sake), then new windows (not all of which need replacing) and exterior wood window/door frame re-paint. The stucco's paint job is holding up just fine. Then ceiling repairs and indoor re-paint. We're waiting on an estimate for repairing or partially replacing the bent gutters--even if it exceeds our deductible, we want to save our insurance for the "big stuff," heaven forbid.

It's gonna rain, rain, rain starting tomorrow--with storms Fri. into Sat. morning, then showers every day into at least July. We desperately need the rain, but not like we had Sunday night! Our party won't have to be cancelled--they removed the "severe" risk from the forecast. But it will still be a PITA to walk there. (Bob will pick up my sis & niece at Midway, as he has to work on the S. Side Sat. morning anyway). Looking at the forecast, I've decided not to get my roots done & hair trimmed, as a blowout would be wasted in rainy weather. I even plan to clip my hair up and cover it with a rain hat (that ties under my chin) for walking to & from the party, because in a storm an umbrella would be useless.

We went to Men's Wearhouse last night to get Bob a blazer (no time to get new suit pants altered). We had to wait an hour because they were so short-staffed. He got a really nice summer-weight wool blazer on sale, but it was a severe ego-blow. Last time he bought a suit or sport coat (20 yrs ago) he wore 41L in "slim fit." To his chagrin, he was measured as 46L in "executive fit" (big & tall), but since there were no "executive fit" jackets smaller than 48, he had to go to 48L in "classic fit." We'll find out today if we get to go to the hospital's country-club dinner tomorrow night (he's #3 on the waiting list--only honorees get guaranteed admission). Otherwise, the jacket will look great Sat. night with khakis and an open-collar dress shirt (no tie). We will have to bite the bullet once the "menswear purchase urgency" is past and get him a couple of suits and a tux custom-made.

On to DsOTD. With our dinner last night at Bonefish next door to the clothing store, I had a split of Domaine Chandon brut rosé and he had a vodka martini and Kendall-Jackson chardonnay. I'm making halibut tonight, and he wants to crack that bottle of Ch. Ste. Michelle Sauv. Blanc he has chilling in the fridge.

• chisandy
    edited June 2021

The Naperville-to-Willow Springs twister Sun. night was confirmed to be an EF-3. Another two--one in Plainfield and the other in NW IN--were EF-0. Last summer's tornado in Rogers Park (one 'hood to our north) was an F-2 by measured winds and EF-1 by damage it caused (mostly uprooted trees, because most of the homes are solid brick apt. bldgs. with recessed flat tar or rubber roofs). So much for the local myths that "the city doesn't get tornadoes" and "you're safe east of Cicero Ave." In Oak Lawn (where two of Bob's hospitals are) in 1967, an EF-2 tore along down 95th St., killing 33 people. And in 1929, there was a tornado in Wilmette that went all the way into the lake before it went back up into the clouds.

Amazingly, no fatalities, and only 8 injuries from Sunday night's twisters, despite 33% of the homes being damaged badly enough to be unsafe until repaired, 25% permanently uninhabitable, and several obliterated.

• chisandy
    edited June 2021

With halibut on the grill tonight, Ch. Ste Michelle 2018 Columbia Valley (WA) Sauvignon Blanc. Afterward, lychee-flavored seltzer. It was unsweetened and sour--the fruit puree was likely unripe, so had to add a few drops of monkfruit sweetener.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited June 2021

For Cami

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited June 2021

I've been MIA as I was working on 2 special education cases for work since June 6th and finally today was the last meeting. I put in just over 100 hours since June 6th. Lots of comp time for next school year. This week wasn't so bad, but the previous 2 weeks were all consuming!!

DD#1 surprised us with a visit. She arrived this morning and is her till Tuesday afternoon. We knew she was coming since Sunday. It's 20 months since we last saw each other. She left her husband at home!

Submitted our paperwork to the consulate to visit younger daughter next month, but even if we get permission we might cancel as Covid Delta cases are on the rise in the past 4 days and quarantine restrictions are getting stricter. Hoping over the next couple weeks, things will settle down and cases decrease. Not spending all that money to be quarantine half the trip - and they are very strict about it - in your room and no one else allowed near you - food brought to your room door etc. Oh well, it is disappointing, but that's life during a pandemic.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714
    edited June 2021

DOTD is a German Reisling I bought a couple weeks ago. Not as sweet as the Barefoot but enough to make it really nice.

• chisandy
    edited June 2021

Bob opened a Piesporter riesling auslese...because it was there. Pretty sweet, but nice acidity--if I could drink a dessert wine in good conscience, that might be it (imagining it with key lime pie....mmm...).

Tonight, between the storms (next one's on deck about midnight or so), we went to Wildfire downtown. Bob was jonesing for steak after 2 straight days of fish. The place was completely out of the one sparkler they were pouring by the glass (Giuliana Rancic's prosecco), so no Aperol spritzes either. Only way to get a bubbly was to pay through the nose for a bottle of Veuve...nope. So with our app. I had a LaCrema Rosé of Pinot Noir; with our entrees, LaCrema Pinot Noir. (Both from the Monterey area). I have a soft spot for rosés made from Pinot Noir: the first one I ever had, in 1978 when we still lived in Seattle, was by Tualatin (OR)--and it was a very bright deep pink color (like a Tavel) with a bouquet like strawberries, only definitely dry. The LaCrema is made in the now-prevalent "vin gris" or even "eye of the swan" style, a pale pink and as dry as a very dry white.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908
    edited June 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!Wow, looks like I missed a couple of days of posting! I have developed a habit of getting up in the ayem, getting my coffee and checking e-mail and then jumping straight into classwork cuz I had a great idea about the paper or posting that's coming due.

Wednesday Mom made Cornish hen for lunch and we visited for most of the day. She's staying pretty busy with her friends up from Florida for the summer. Her neighbors are "helping" her put up a gazebo in the back yard. They are actually doing the work, she's doing the "heavy looking on" and occasional flashlight holding. Why they decided to start putting it up so late in the evening I can't figure out.

Got my flight tickets to North Carolina to visit my brother and his wife in August. Going to spend a week with them. I'm flying out of an airport about a 2 drive from home to get a significantly lower fair, then used the "savings" to upgrade to first class. OK, so I had to add in a little more $ as well, but I'm worth it. And the total cost is not much more than economy plus baggage and other fees.

Sadie did not look enthused when I told her she would be staying with cousin Dawna while I'm away. She didn't even look enthused about having chickens to watch and bark at.

Chi--primitive doesn't necessarily mean uncomfortable. Lots of camps around here are very primitive but very comfortable! It does sound like yours is pretty full, though. A water rat coming out of the toilet would make me stop using it, too, and seal off the entire room, too! One of the things about home ownership, there always seems to be something needing work. Were your neighbors home when the tree got hit?

Goldie--Sadie and I didn't make it swimming that day, we both fell asleep under the fan in the living room that afternoon! I found out that there was someone home when the fire started, a passerby knocked on the door and got the man and his dog out. Half the mobile home is burned to the ground. Fortunately no one was hurt in or fighting the fire. It's shaping up to be a pretty bad fire season all over. Big fires out west, already a couple of good sized (for around here). Lots of talk about drought going on. I can see DH wanting to have people visit, but since they don't really help that makes it harder on you. That's a tough spot to be in.

Chi--Wow, the tornado damage must be devastating. The whole idea of something like a tornado that can drop down out of the sky without warning terrifies me. I'll stick to my blizzards and hurricanes, at least you get enough notice to prepare for those and they don't (usually) destroy the house around you!

Cammy Cat--what a pretty sunflowerkitty!

Karen--You must be excited to have that classwork done and thrilled to have DD#1 visiting! I hope the trip works out, too, but I think we are in for another year of significant travel disruptions as the COVID variants do their thing.

Illi--nice looking bottle of riesling!

Chi--those rosés sound marvelous!

Fields of Travel

Ingredients

Steps

1. Add the Chartreuse liqueur, zucchini water and bitters to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
    2. Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
    3. Top with the sake.
    4. Garnish with a skewered cucumber ribbon.

*Zucchini water: Process 5 whole zucchinis through a juicer (which should yield 1 quart). Add 1 ounce fresh lime juice, 1 ounce raw cane sugar and 1 barspoon vitamin C powder.

• karen1956
    edited June 2021

Thanks Sandy - it wasn't classwork - two work cases that spilled over into summer - very complicated...Not taking any DPs till early August. I have more than plenty to renew my national certification and my dept of ed license which are good for another year. It might be the last time I renew my dept of ed license as its good for 5 years and that will have me past 7, but will renew my national certification oe more time as it is only 3 years, then I'll get retired status.

Nice weather today -70s and through the week-end before the 90s come back. Rain is also in the forecast.

Have a great Friday and week-end.

• chisandy
    edited June 2021

Tonight I did Zoom temple because they gave me a blessing to sing as an aliyah (an honor) for our 50th anniversary (Bob had a new admission at one of his hospitals--but the cantor blessed him too, for the mitzvah of saving lives). The services are usually livestreamed on YouTube (with only the service participants on Zoom), but the new tech captain's Facebook Live portal (bought to provide an extra option) somehow broke the temple's link to YouTube. So we had to send out Zoom invitations to the Board and regular attendees, and we recorded the service to put up on YouTube later. After the closing hymn, Happy jumped on to the table and video-bombed the congregation! (In-person services return in August).

Dinner tonight was reheated Wildfire leftovers (I still have enough prime rib remaining to freeze, even after giving some of mine to Bob to supplement his half a filet mignon). So because the 2011 Williams-Selyem Estate Vineyard seemed a bit thin (now I know the outer limits of even a great Pinot Noir's lifespan), I Coravined a 2015 "Sonoma Coast," and it was awesome! Made last night's LaCrema at the restaurant seem like box wine.

Weather held up most of the day, but the thundershowers are firing back up here (1 am)--though not the severe storms the far south suburban and NW IN counties had a few hours ago. Tomorrow will be intermittent torrential rains. I hope that they don't hold my sister's flight on the ground at Dulles. (If there's a storm at the destination--or in the air between--they won't allow takeoffs). At least my lawn has lost its brown spots and my baby black oak is thriving. And we have more black raspberries than we can pick. Our tomatoes are growing (though not yet ripening). But the rabbits got all the wild fraises des bois. (We snooze, we lose).

Kim, my neighbors were in CA, but his mom was in from WI babysitting their two little boys when their tree fell. They're all in WI this weekend.

• nativemainer
    edited June 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Saturday. Shaping up to be a very pretty day today. Going over to Mom's in a bit to deliver some lettuce and yellow eye beans that I ordered for her from my farm drop. Not sure what else we will do today, of if she has plans for herself. Fine with me either way.

Sadie says Hi to everyone!

Karen--isn't it funny to be thinking about renewals and recertifications being the last before retirement?

Chi--isn't the tech world amazing, sometimes? I hope a lot of places like houses of worship and businesses will keep the video options going. I've been able to access more educational meetings, classes, and seminars that way than ever before, from all over the country. I certainly can't afford to travel as I'd need to if I were going to these physically! So the neighbors children and grandmother were home when the tree fell? They must have been so scared! I hope the damage isn't too bad. Probably good for them to be out of the house for a bit until it's fixed or their nerves stop jangling.

Farmers Cocktail

2 oz of Veev (Acai Liquor)

1 oz of tomato juice

3/4 oz of Lime Juice

3/4 oz of simple syrup

1/4 oz of Aperol

Watermelon

cherry tomatoes

Cube the watermelon into 3 one-inch-thick cubes. Add all ingredients, except tomatoes, into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and double strain into a highball glass. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.

From <https://www.cocktailbuilder.com/recipe/farmers-cocktail>

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,714
    edited June 2021

My wall stickers have arrived for the she-shed beach bar I will build at the cabin and I'm super excited. They'll be placed on the back wall and the entire scene view is 6X9ft. I can look at this all day!

• chisandy
    edited June 2021

The grandma (my age or a tad younger) was calm, and the little boys were thrilled--to them, it was the most exciting thing that had happened here.

Speaking of drinking, I'm tempted to spike my morning coffee: my sister just called that her flight from Dulles was cancelled and there's nothing flying into either Chicago airport from noon till 8 pm (a Delta flight costing $1K) and if weather is the culprit, that'll get cancelled too. There are some planes overhead right now, but I suspect those may be the last. Not just weather, but American & SW has cancelled half their flights going forward because no flight attendants want to work for peanuts while being abused by drunk and mask-averse passengers.

Bracing myself for the rash of phone calls from south & west suburban guests afraid to drive in case the severe thunderstorm & flash flood warnings return. One guest flew in from SC on Thurs. night, so at least he got to see his best friend Thurs. & Fri. So if he can drive here from the northern 'burb where he's staying, at least he'll attend. Our guest list was 31 as of yesterday. We'll be lucky to get even half that...if the restaurant doesn't have to shut down for a tornado or flood warning. And we'll be walking to the restaurant (assuming they don't cancel) because we need to save on-street parking for the suburban guests.

So this week is off to a great start. Mon. morning Bob gets his Orthovisc shots and finds out if & when he will need a TKR. The junk guys will be coming to take away the sofabed, and Tues. the chairs get delivered. My HK will be away in Birmingham 7/2-11--7/2 is when the A/C is supposed to be installed. But the weather forecast here is showers & storms (or worse) all the way till Mon. 7/5. Thank you, global warming,

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2021

illimae - I love the stickers....it is going to be great behind the bar. We can see the size by your feet in the picture. We will all show up to have a drink at the beach. lol

• jhl
    jhl Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2021

Sandy, so very sorry to hear your sister and niece won't be able to take off. Congratulations on your 50th anniversary. It will be one to remember, for sure.

Jane

• chisandy
    edited June 2021

Well, as long as our basement dries out; our HK's basement and alley (through which both cars need to drive) are flooded. Bob made it home--he was lucky that none of the exits from I-55 and Lake Shore Drive he needed were closed. Waiting to hear from my suburban guests. Restaurant is OK, but the owners' house's roof is leaking (started last week during the storm that took out the tree next door). Sticking to H2O as my DOTD till dinner--and then hoo boy, will I drink!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2021

See the source image

• camillegal
    edited June 2021

Hi ladies, well let's get started.

Oh that wall looks so relaxing, really great. I so enjoy how u take pics of ur bottles.

Hi Jane.

Misty u'vr got a lot going on and good for you. It's time.

Karen it must just feel good seeing ur DD that's just way to long. And hoping plans to visit ur other DD goes well. How exciting.

Kim it sounds like u and ur mom are getting along well together. It's good u have her. And Sadie is in a class of her own. give her some extra belly rubs. Ur weather sounds crazy too, so far bad actually just keep safe.

Lori u and those fires WOW to scary. I'm glad u got some help and limited ur delivery time, hoping that gives u a little laid back time so u can get some rest. And I certainly hop ur feeling OK. I was supposed to see my sister yesterday by her DD's home an go swimming but the weather stopped us. She's doing OK but not great.

• camillegal
    edited June 2021

Jazzy I just read that there were 3 people killed today from a balloon and 1 critically injured. Oh wow right in Alb. I hope u didn't see anything really. How is ur DS doing, It has to be a comfort for her to have you. wshe knows it or not ur the type of sister she needs right now.

Holy smoley Sandy l;ots of work to do to ur house. I think a lot of people don't realize there are areas in Chicago that homes are expensive and further north. Like Warrenville isn't that far from million dollar homes altho it's very nice here certainly not close for that kind of money. we got this home for about 25,000 les cuz it really did need a lot of work. But thanks to my boyfriends what we had done hardly cost anything but supplies so that really worked out for us. The only thing Marty did was paint. And all the beautiful pieces of furniture Leslie's GF gave her from the house she sold in Barrington. A nd what she got is beautiful cuz her home was sold for over a million so how it was furnished was great. Ours isn't big but it's fine for us with more privacy than u can imagine.

Joey has an app't this coming month with the school in NY <where he wants to go> even tho they invited him we'll see. NY he's nuts. This is terrible of me but before all these schools invited him he was just planning on going around here much much cheaper now he has a chance to go other places and I'm not happy about that so i act good but selfishly I don't like it. Isn't that awful of me???

Hey Teka Celia and everyone who I missed and a special prayer for JC.

LUBS YOU ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2021

Cami - I am in CA for my SiL services tomorrow and my phone was blowing up this morning after it happened. All five people in the basket died. No one knows exactly what happened. It's a terrible accident

About two miles south of my house 😔

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited June 2021

Been MIA as well, just have a lot going on. Having Tammy and her BF over this coming weekend, they are bringing a Uhaul so we can move all the hose out of our warehouse in town. I've been doing it a pick up load at a time and it's hard on me and will take forever like that. We want to sell that land. But it's still full of all the stuff from when we were going to have that garage sale when Covid hit.

Sandy, I hear ya about what a nightmare it would be to move. I feel the same way. Storms and flooding out east, and we are burning up in the west.

Karen, so nice that your DD is visiting. That must make you so happy. And then to possibly be going to visit your other DD. I sure hope that happens for you.

NM, I'm sure Sadie will be fine when you go to NC. Good for you for flying first class. Putting a gazebo up in the dark with a flashlight...hmmmm! So glad they got that man and his dog out of the trailer. Those go up in no time at all. Zucchini water, who would have thunked!

BabyGirl, the wall picture for your she shed is perfect!

Cami, I could get some rest if DH would quit inviting people over! I'm in a cleaning frenzy for this weekend coming up. I haven't done much cleaning since before when everyone was here, so it does need it.

Jazzy, I hope you are enjoying your time in CA. Terrible tragedy with the balloon accident, wow.

My brother has been spending weekends at my niece's. Here is a recent pic of Nora.

May be an image of baby and indoor

• nativemainer
    edited June 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday Funday!Well, I ran Mom's beans and lettuce and beet greens over to her, but she wasn't home. Not sure where she went, but that's ok. I just let myself in and put the stuff away and used the potty and headed back home. Spend a wonderful afternoon on the deck in the breeze reading and listening to the birds.

Illie--That is a great view for the she-shed! I could look at that all day, too. I'd rather be in a hammock or beach chair in the sand and running into the water periodically, but looking at it is very nice!

Chi--Oh, boy, sounds like you are having a GREAT day! You've certainly earned a shot of something in your coffee. I never thought about possible travel disruptions due to weather, guess I better check that out. Maybe the travel insurance would be worth it after all. Looks like your busy morning will extend through the entire week! Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Misty--great idea!See you at the beach shed!

Morning, jhl!

Cammy Cat--I'm not too unhappy with the weather right now. It's doing its thing. As long as I can get some deck time in I'm content. Sadie says 'thank you' for the extra belly rubs! Good for Joey for getting invites to see different schools! It will be good for him to look at different schools so he can be sure he is where he wants to be and getting the education he wants. It will be hard with him away, I am sure. I don't blame you for wanting him to stay nearby, and I applaud you for not letting on to him how you feel!Prayers for JCL.

Jazzy--I'm kind of glad you weren't home with that balloon accident happened. Way too close to home to be comfortable. Not that your current situation is any more comfortable. Hugs and prayers.

Goldie--at least there will be some benefit to you of having Tammy and her BF over. It would be great if they could get all the stuff moved so you can go ahead with the property sale. And yes, those mobile homes can be death traps where fire is involved. NORA is so CUTE!!!!!

Pics from the fire down the road:

• camillegal
    edited June 2021

See the source image

• karen1956
    edited June 2021

Lori - Nora is a cutie. Enjoying having DD#1 here. Visit to DD#2 is probably not going to happen as Covid Delta cases are increasing and they are getting stricter and stricter. We will wait another week or so to see what happens before we cancel, but as of now its not likely as if anyone on our flight tests positive for Covid upon landing the whole flight has to quarantine for 10 days - no reason to spend all that money to sit in an Airbnb, not being able to go anywhere and not really getting to see our daughter. Unless, I take time off from school around the holidays, which is tough to miss two weeks and it is high price season, it will be winter break. Sad and disappointed but know that it is best. Third trip that we are missing. Glad you are getting help moving things. You need some R and R for just you.

Kim - tragic fire - good that no one was injured

Cami - I'm sure it will be tough to have Joey far away - but its over a year and who knows maybe he'll like Loyola.

Nice, pleasant day out today - blue sky and maybe 70. I think we are done rain after 2 days - but it was nice steady rain good for trees etc.

Have a great Sunday

• nativemainer
    edited June 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday Monkey Day! It got really hot and sticky here yesterday. I should have taken Sadie and me swimming, but didn't have the energy. Today I'm going to find the ramp and see if it fits Sapphire, and we WILL go swimming if it stays as sticky as yesterday. I have got to start doing some fun stuff even though the house and yard stuff isn't all caught up or I'll run out of energy to do anything.

Morning, Cammy Cat!

Karen--The Delta variant news is starting to get worrisome, isn't it? So many places have Do Not Travel or Reconsider Travel advisories. It must be disappointing.

Here Comes the Sun Cocktail

Here Comes the Sun

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey
    • 3/4 ounce ginger syrup*
    • 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    • 1 ounce Port City Brewing Optimal Wit (or other wheat beer)
    • Garnish: lemon wedge

Steps

1. Add the whiskey, ginger syrup and lemon juice into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
    2. Strain into a chilled coupe, and top with the beer.
    3. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

*Ginger syrup: In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup fresh ginger juice (squeezed from freshly grated ginger root) until warm (but do not let boil) over low heat. Add 1 cup sugar, and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Store the syrup in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.

From <https://www.liquor.com/recipes/here-comes-the-sun/>

• camillegal
    edited June 2021

Wow I thought I was here yesterday, I guess I started.

Karen it's a shame u can't really plan all u want is ti see ur DD and now it's gotten so complicated. And everyone has gotten in this vicious circle of what to do. I hope u can go to be with her.

OK more confusion has set in for me. Kim u r going to school right now is that what u do all summer or do u have other things that r academic going on. U keep so busy and I know u have more time with with Sadie oh she loves that but I can't picture u not doing much. Ur just not like that.

Karen I wish u were right about Joey but I know he doesn't want to spend his time around here. He's very guarded about his world and Marty won't be ready to hear it for a long time. It doesn't bother me at all but I'm just one person and living away he would feel comfortable and since they're offering scholarships <don't have a clue why> except our income is low and they're making it so affordable he can choose to be who he really is. I have assured him how he lives doesn't change one iota of how I feel about him but one person is not enough at this point. I told my sister and u gals but no one else cuz he asked me not to Oh well.

My GF came back from NY the other day she got to be with her grandchildren and of course she's miserable now. She only sees them about 2x a yr. and she hates that...I don't blame her. Her mom lives with her and has dementia so she feels miserable most days <with cancer> but she's planning on coming here very soon so that's good. Her mom is doing well with the cancer <I think it's cuz of the dementia> so that part is good. She mostly doesn't know she has it. She's 88 now.

Jodie was here yesterday making sure she didn't see Leslie which breaks my heart FF has won he's got the control he wanted and worked for these yrs. But I'm miserable. He never even bothered to aske me or Joey to Jodie's party and her friends are not kids some of them are near my age and I know them, he's such an ASS.

Sorry this really has been all about me but i had to unload and u gals are the ones I do that with. Oh and I do have 2 tests I have to do and so far not looking so good. Leave it to me to wait to long. Oh well now I've really bore myself.

Hope the week starts out great and continues that way.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited June 2021

See the source imageFeel at home Chevy???

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2021

Service went well ladies. I'm starting my way home around noon today.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited June 2021

Brief update: son seems to be responding to chemo and he and his family are just back from a week's vacation; DH got a good report from cardiologist, only prescription is walking to keep circulation going in the problem ankle otherwise pump and pipes are clear; grandson's future MIL is out of the hospital on outpatient treatment. Whew! It has been a busy few weeks.

Cami, good to hear from you and sorry tests are not looking good. Hugs and fingers crossed for better news for you.

NM, best get the swimming and kayaking in while you can. It is almost the fourth of July. My mother said it seemed school started right after the 4th. Never understood that as a kid but makes perfect sense now.

Karen, hoping your travel plans work out in spite of the delta variant.

Jazzy, safe travels.

Lori, oh my what gorgeous big eyes Nora has!!! She is a cutie. Good to hear you have some help moving the hose. Now to have your "garage" sale and get the building cleared out with a sold sign out front! (Not wishing for much, am I?)

I'll I'm we, love the she shed mural.

Wishing everyone a good day and saying a prayer for JCS.

• camillegal
    edited June 2021

Oh Beaver good to hear from u and things are starting to look up for ur family. Always nice to hear some good news. Of course u have been busy and have to be emotionally drained.

Lori when I saw the pic of Nora I thought she has gotten so big but even more so beautiful.Wishing safe travels for Jazzy.

LUBS U ALL