Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,305
    edited May 2022

Hope Goldie is having a WONDERFUL time with her brother & family!!!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited May 2022

We won't see 50F here by the lake till at least Thursday. So windy today that I couldn't keep my car door open as I tried to exit. And this morning, one block south the street was flooded more than ankle-deep because the storm drains were clogged. Went to buy calf-high rain boots this afternoon...but couldn't find any I could pull on past my bunions. The rubber (or vinyl) is soooo darn stiff! Whatever happened to those old-fashioned zip-up or buckle-up brown rubber galoshes we pulled on over our shoes when we were kids? Guess I'll have to keep waterproofing my UGGs

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited May 2022

DD#1 birthday is today - she is the gingy who made me a mother 36 years ago! I ordered her a pretty butterfly necklace from Brighton and she loves it. It was mailed to my house when she was here - I should have opened the package to see it in person. I've just seen in line. Two more birthdays and Mother's Day in the next 9 days. May is always busy with 3/5 birthdays.

I had my "End of Year" meeting with my manager and it went well. I had a folder to put all my artifacts in for my evaluation but I couldn't figure out how to move some of the documents, so I started a new folder and share it with her and I sent her emails with some pictures. Thankfully we've worked together for years and she knows I struggle with technology at times and she doesn't hold it against meSillyHeart. Now I need to do my self appraisal and probably a second observation. I was pleased with myself last night as I didn't stress at all about everything not being done. I was able to say, "I have what I have". Good for me!

Waiting for our evening walk. I have work I need to do, but it can wait!!!

Have a great night.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

DOTD (with choucroute): Mumm Napa Brut Reserve (by now flat; half cooked with the kraut, the other half glass cut 50-50 with seltzer).

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited May 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Hump Day! Waking up to rain this ayem here. Going to be a chilly day.

COVID has exploded in my district. My school's pools are all negative, thank the Good Lord. One middle school has 60 positive cases, and multiple positive pools, and has gone to remote for the rest of the week. The other has multiple positive pools and will be doing follow-up testing today. There's talk that the middle school dance last Friday turned into a super-spreader event. What a wonderful time to be stopping pool testing, hmm? There's talk that we will be reinstating masking in the district and maybe even the state due to the numbers. Apparently, the variant that's passing around now has an incubation period of 24 to 48 hours. Just plain craziness.

I think the puppers and I have finally gotten the sleeping arrangements worked out.Colt curls up against my legs on one side, Zoe stretches out along my legs and hip on the other side. As long as I get the duvet pulled out from under them, or at least out from under one of them, my legs and feet don't get pinned down. I won't have to worry about having cold feet anytime soon!

Morning, Minus!

Chi--sometimes the old-fashioned way of doing things works best! I would love to find a pair of those rubber galoshes that went on over shoes to keep in my car. Be careful you don't get floated away!

Karen--Happy Birthday to DD#1! The necklace sounds beautiful. Congrats on the good end of year meeting.

Rosehip cocktail

Rose Hip Thyme Cocktail

Ingredients

Rosehip syrup:

• 4 cups of rosehips
    • 4 cups of water
    • 1 cup of white sugar

Rooibos tea

• 5g of fine loose leaf rooibos tea
    • 500ml water

Cocktail:

• 40ml Chivas Regal 18y or some other medium body blended scotch whisky
    • 40ml rosehip syrup
    • 40ml rooibos tea
    • 20ml lemon juice
    • 5g flower honey
    • 3 drops of organic thyme essential oil (you can substitute it with dried thyme. Cook it with rooibos tea)
    • pinch of grated ginger
    • free-range egg white (about one-third of the egg or chickpea water in vegan version)

From <https://wnfdiary.com/covid-cocktail-recipe-rose-hip-thyme/>

• karen1956
    edited May 2022

Happy Wednesday! Kim egads!! stay healthy.

Missing Chevy - anyone hear from her?

Have a great day.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited May 2022

I recommend looking at feed stores for the boots. I found them once marketed as dairy boots. I'm sure lots of farm workers wear them.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

COVID is creeping up here too. CDPH estimates the city itself will transition from low to medium transmission in the next few days, but won't reinstate the mask mandate until we get close to high-transmission (upstate-NY-level rate). Both Bob and my HK got their second boosters today--he got Pfizer, she Moderna. My sis asked me if the antibodies from her Feb. Omicron infection are starting to wane, or if she should wait for the variant-specific boosters. I told her to get that second booster now (I got mine in March); by the time an Omicron or even subvariant-specific booster becomes available, "Elvis" will once again have "left the building." We can keep playing Whack-a-Mole with variants that will forever stay a step ahead of the vaccines & monoclonals in a vain attempt to prevent infection; or we can be practical and employ the right masks to reduce transmission, keep vaxing & boosting to maintain enough neutralizing antibodies to keep symptoms mild, and antivirals to knock the bugs out quickly.

Latest studies show (using "my-brain-hurts" ratios & equations) that a) cloth masks are nearly useless; b) masks' primary role is to protect others, not the wearer; and c) when it comes to both medical/surgical and high-filtration (N95, KN95/KF94) masks, a gap-free fit is more important than low-porosity. The cup-type N95s are the hardest to fit to prevent gaps at the top--aerosol leakage from the top and sides is high-velocity and propulsive (releasing virions upward to stay floating in the air), whereas aerosols already in the air are low-velocity and less likely to get into the gaps. The flat-fold (whether vertical or duckbill horizontal) N95s fit more securely and are more comfortable--as are the right size KN95 & KF94s, even though they have only earloops rather than head straps. A mask is only good if willingly, properly & consistently worn. (And the study also claimed that doubling up on pleated masks, or wearing a cloth mask over a pleated medical/surgical mask, is much less effective than a properly-fitted N95. KN95 or KF94). And the authors suggested it might be safe for gaps under the chin to direct the virions down to the wearer's chest, where they'd stick to clothing and die off quickly. I'm wearing my mask regardless--I have a hefty supply of high-filtration masks. Bob likes the cup-type N95 for work, but wears a pleated surgical for shopping, etc.

Back to the booze. We went to Jaleo (Jose Andres' tapas bar) tonight. DsOTD: a Cuvee Jose brut cava for me, a spicy Margarita & red cava sangria for Bob, and a Cuvee Jose Rioja for both of us. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the coffee offerings included a cortado--the "sweet spot" between a cappuccino and an espresso macchiato, just the right amount of steamed milk, less than a cafe con leche. Bob had an Americano rather than a cup of drip.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

Oh, and there's a new beverage in town: cans of "Chicagwa." Yup, purified tap water, sourced from Lake Michigan. It will be provided free of charge at schools, health facilities and city buildings. (To allay the cost, I bet it'll turn up in airport souvenir shops just like NYC did with its own tap water to sell to tourists and parched travelers emerging from TSA Hell).

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2022

Hi you guys! Sorry Karen! I'm here... I'm always reading what's going on;... Just sometimes overwhelming trying to care for my DH.

He is so unsteady on his feet, even with a cane, or walker, so we don't go very far! He has fallen a few times, and this last time, he fell out-back on cement right on his butt, trying to help me by moving a big plastic dumpster back in the yard, and MAN is he bruised! Our neighbor and I heard him yelling, so we both went running, and our neighbor helped him up AGAIN! Got him in the car, and drove to ER... But the wait would have been over an hour, and I was just more worried about THAT, than anything else. I finally told the desk-gal I just wanted to get him home.... And we left,,, took him in and out with their wheel-chair.

And his butt is STILL purple & blue, but fading a bit. He DOES sit on the heating pad, and only asks for Tylenol maybe once a day!

We DO stay in mostly, and afraid to be around many people. We only make a couple runs a week to the store, just to pick up a little bit, and be around a few people.... Our favorite Walmart, and their staff are just nice to be around... always understanding & friendly!

You know, I will do ANYthing to take care of him... I don't need help, and I would never have him be somewhere else.... only if I could not do it. Our Daughter's know this now... Having someone else come in to help ME, would scare him a lot! I really don't need help.. just more patience... Hah!

Our Daughter that lives not far, comes over on one of her days off... She is really a big help, both morally and physically.. And she loves taking care of "Big Daddy" when she is here, waiting on him, cutting up the food she brings over, and sitting next to him! And we talk at least twice a day!

Our Orlando Daughter calls every day also, and both of our Grand-sons talk to him at least once a week! I'm in this "For better or worse"... right? And I'm just thankful I have my gardens, and can mow the lawn and take care of things around here. And our neighbors are always there if I need them....

So I just thank GOD that I still have him! That we are still together! And that I DO have help if I need it! Things sure could be a lot worse, right?

And it's just nice to know you guys are always here... xoxoxo Chevy

• nativemainer
    edited May 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Thirsty Thursday! The Maine CDC put the middle school in outbreak status, the other middle school will probably be the same once they get the data reported and the MeCDC reviews it. I'm hoping and praying the high school doesn't get put in outbreak status, too many graduation and sports events coming up and it will create a lot of angst if anything has to be canceled or altered.

The puppers seem to be enjoying being able to get out in the yard, chasing each other around and basking in the sun when it's out. They were fighting over who was going to get in my lap last night, I had to make them both get down, and then you should have seen the looks I got!

Karen--At this point, I'm pretty much ready to just catch the dang COVID and get it over with! Chevy and I chat or email pretty regularly. She's doing well. I'll let her know you asked after her.

Great idea, Wren!

Chi--I never heard of a cortado before, it sounds really good!

Ranch Water

• Place 2 shots of tequila in a glass (3 ounces).
    • Mix in the juice of 1 lime (that's about 1 ½ ounces).
    • Fill the glass with ice and top it off with Topo Chico (about ½ cup).

From <https://www.acouplecooks.com/ranch-water/>

• karen1956
    edited May 2022

Chevy - thanks for checking in. It seemed like it had been a while. You have such a great attitude. Your daughters are lucky to have you both. Maybe in June, when I'm done school we can meet for tea.

Today is my Friday - 4 more weeks to go. And busy they will be. I'm so far behind on paperwork and reports. A lot has to be done by next Friday then I can take the next couple week to catch up on everything else.

Have a great Thursday.

• minustwo
    edited May 2022

Chevy - I am also glad to see your post. You have your hands full but sounds like you have it under control. Thanks for checking in.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

Glad to hear from you, Chevy, albeit such difficulties caring for your DH. Remember that caregivers need care too!

We are still having late-winter weather on Cinco de Mayo. Bob got home early(ish), so we celebrated Jose Cuervo's birthday with Skinnygirl margaritas: spicy lime for him, regular for me. With fish Sicilian-style we had more of that Lugana from Friuli.

HK's second booster yesterday threw her for a loop, so I sent her home early. (I suspect they gave her a full 100mcg dose of Moderna). She has a rough day tomorrow--her DH has a vascular appt. at the V.A. to check on the state of his PICC line for dialysis. He's running out of usable veins. T2DM is a scary disease and not many people realize what lies ahead down the line if they don't get a handle on it early enough. Doesn't help that his dialysis-center buddy and their neighbor supply him with cigarettes.

Bob had his second Pfizer booster yesterday--barely an injection-site reaction.

• karen1956
    edited May 2022

I came home to two beautiful petunia hanging baskets - early mother's present from my wonderful son. One purple and one red. Petunias are my favorite. They are out front so I see them every time I leave or come home. He said there is more to come - must be my birthday present. I told my girls what to get me - but they had several things to choose from. Also told DH what I wanted. No real surprises, but they are all things I enjoy and use. I won't spoil the surprise till Mother's Day and my birthday.

Going to be near 80 tomorrow and in the 80s on Saturday, a little cooler on Sunday. Way too hot for me in May.

Something to make you laugh - I'm by far the oldest member of my float team - I sent a text at 9pm last night and one of the team members go, "you sent it at 9 - we go to bed at 8"!!! On the float team everyone is in their early 30s or younger except for me who is twice or more their age. On the whole central team there are a couple people late 50s early 60s but otherwise they are younger than 45. We were talking mortgage rates going up and I mentioned when we bought our first house in the late 70s how high interest rates were and one teammate goes, ya, that's when my parents bought there first house and had 11% mortgage rate. Talk about making me feel old.

Have a great rest of the night.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

We bought this house (our first & only) in 1987--we put down 20% cash and our 30-yr fixed rate mortgage was 11% APR. (We re-fied as soon as rates dropped, and several times--by the time we paid it off, it was 3.4%). I don't know how kids today can expect to buy their first homes--especially with private equity firms snapping them up and then renting them out for unconscionable amounts.

Meanwhile, we have so many desperately-needed repairs to make that we will probably have to spend at least twice what we paid for the house (in all fairness, it was pretty low even back then).

Currently sipping on a cherry Bubly with 1/4 lime.

• nativemainer
    edited May 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF day! The afternoons may be warming up quite a bit, but the ayems are still chilly. But the yard is greeening up, finally, and I need to get the mower out this weekend. It will be interesting to see how the puppers will react to that.

Chevy--looks like we bumped each other into the pool!Meet you at the swim up bar! Sorry to hear about DH's fall, and I bet the bruises look pretty impressive! I bet the folks at Walmart love seeing you two coming around. And, yes, you are doing a wonderful job taking care of him. Just remember to take care of yourself as well.

Karen--lots of work at the end of the school year, that's for sure.

Morning, Minus!

Chi--nothing like a chilly ayem to wake you up, is there? Glad Bob had so little a reaction to the booster.

Karen--funny how you are the owl of the work team of a bunch of youngsters!

Sparkling Peach Sangria

Ingredients:

• 5 Fresh Peaches
    • 6 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
    • 1 Bottle Moscato Wine
    • 1 Bottle of Champagne, Prosecco, or Sparkling Wine

Directions:

1. Remove the peach's pit and cut the flesh into wedges.
    2. Add the peaches, thyme, and moscato to a large pitcher.
    3. Stir together then let sit for at least 4 hours {or overnight so that the flavors can infuse}.
    4. Just before serving, pour in the sparkling wine and stir.
    5. Pour over ice and garnish with fresh thyme and a peach wedge.
    6. Enjoy!

From <https://www.corcoranperry.com/posts/10-big-batch-cocktail-recipes-for-your-housewarming-party

• karen1956
    edited May 2022

Kim - Maine made the national news regarding covid in the schools and school going remote.Overall cases are up here over 6% positivity rate from 3% a few weeks ago.

I'm not getting older. The new hires are just younger. We just offered a couple SW positions (MSW) to 23 year olds! Some of the SPs are 25!

It's heating up here. Already 50 at 7am

Have a great Friday

• minustwo
    edited May 2022

This is only the first week in May and we've already had over 90 degrees several times in Houston. NOAA is calling for 97 & 98 this weekend with no rain in site. WAY too early to be that close to 100 degrees.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708
    edited May 2022

Just popping in with a quick update: my cabin life is now delayed a bit. My brain MRI shows sighs of new trouble, so we extended out hotel through the weekend. I had a Spine MRI this morning to check for those darn lepto mets again. I’m hoping they’ll find both for the 3rd time but do realize it’s probably inevitable. The tumor board will review, discuss and advise. It’ll be several hours before I hear anything, so I think it’s nap time.

I hope you all have a nice weekend

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067
    edited May 2022

mae: I hope those hours pass swiftly. Waiting is a torment

• karen1956
    edited May 2022

Illimae - hope the news is as good as it can be. Sending you hugs.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

Ilimae, hoping those new mets are manageable and you can still have your cabin "unwinding" time.

One more day of wet & raw weather, followed by dry but still chilly into Mon. ("cooler by the lake" all weekend into Mon., when we'll at least hit 60 compared to everyone else's 70). Then, as I predicted yesterday, Tues.' 80s will engender a thunderstorm (or worse). Chicago weather sucks, but everywhere else has a climate "downer" or even earthquakes. At least we can get tornado warnings.

Chicago is now officially in the "medium-transmission" risk, with the CDPH recommending (but not yet requiring) masking in indoor public spaces. Except for at trusted restaurants, I haven't stopped indoor masking. I hope this "wave" doesn't get bad enough to impose indoor capacity limits--if it does, there go a whole lot more restaurants down the drain. Bob and I have BA.1 antibodies from our Covid infections, he may have some sotrovimab antibodies remaining, and as of Wed. we're both double-boosted (quad-vaccinated). In other words, we have as much immunity as anyone our age can have--but it might not be enough.

Speaking of DsOTD, the kids came over to pick up the Nespresso Essenza Mini I bought 5 years ago because I'd thought my Pixie was broken (I was able to readjust its drip tray and descale it, so I left the new machine in the box). I also gave them my previous Aeroccino frother (which only steams or cold-froths milk) and a few unopened sleeves of capsules and a recycle bag.

Kim, you mentioned that a "cortado" sounds interesting. Here's an espresso milk drink primer, from smallest to largest:

Smallest is "espresso macchiato" which is a single or double shot topped with either a dollop of foam or the poured equivalent of lightly-frothed milk. Served in an espresso cup or demitasse. (Not to be confused with a "latte macchiato," which was popularized in its caramel-topped version by Starbucks, and many if not most people--including some untrained baristas--incorrectly call just "macchiato." That is a caffe latte into which a shot or two of espresso is poured or brewed). In either case, "macchiato" means "marked" in Italian). An espresso macchiato is espresso marked with milk and a latte macchiato is just the opposite.

Next is a "cortado." (Spanish for "short one"). That is a single or double shot topped with a little more steamed or semi-foamed milk than an espresso macchiato. It's like a mini-latte (or mini "wet" cappuccino). Usually served in a 4-oz. bistro juice glass (or a small cappuccino cup but not filled to the brim).

Next up is a "classic" cappuccino--equal parts espresso, steamed milk and foam. Usually served in a 6-oz. cappuccino (or "banquet-sized" coffee/teacup). A "wet" cappuccino tends to have a smaller amount of foam. Some places, like Starbucks, serve a standard cappuccino in a "tall," or 12-oz. cup. Some branches will let you order it in a "short" 8-oz cup, which makes it more of a "classic." Purist cafes will refuse to add flavorings, serve the milk hotter than 150F, or even use any kind of milk other than whole (or for a "breve," half-and-half or heavy cream).

Next is a caffe latte, universally (mis)called a "latte." ("Latte" means "milk" in Italian). 1/3 espresso, 2/3 steamed milk (most often 2%)--sometimes topped with a dollop of foam as a "foamy latte." Served in a 12-16-oz. glass or "grande" 16-oz paper cup (and Starbucks will even serve a 20-oz. "venti"). Of all the espresso-milk drinks, it's the one most often flavored (chocolate, vanilla, and caramel are the most popular, with pumpkin spice or gingerbread syrups added seasonally--as well as eggnog substituted for all or part of the milk). A "mocha latte" (sometimes called a "mocha") is a latte with 1-3 "pumps" of chocolate syrup, sometimes topped with sweetened whipped cream unless "no-whip" is specified.

Non-dairy variations on the milk component are (in order of popularity) soy, almond, and oat milk. Good luck finding unsweetened versions of these plant-based milk at espresso bars. I personally find soymilk lattes disgusting--soy doesn't froth well unless heavily sweetened and full of thickeners like gums or carrageenan-they have a grassy-chalky undertaste that no amount of sweeteners or flavorings can fully mask. I like oatmilk the best, but even the unsweetened versions have more carbs & inherent sugars than dairy milk. Almondmilk lattes are almost always served with "regular" (i.e., sweetened) almond milk--papatable, sometimes even delicious, but as much sugar as or more than dairy milk.

• minustwo
    edited May 2022

Oh damn it Mae. I too am sending wishes for manageable mets.

• nativemainer
    edited May 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Saturday! 50 degrees in the house this ayem, With the sun out it shouldn't take long before the house starts heating up. Leaving the furnace off, just got the tank filled, and that came with a $900 bill!

Karen--yeah, COVID is burning its way through the schools here. Part of me wants to catch it this time through and get it over with, part of me is pretty happy with managing to have kept from catching it so far. Given the number of home tests that aren't being counted by the Maine CDC, the real numbers must be astronomical. The district has decided to continue pool testing through the end of the year, switching over to the Federal program as the state program has ended. The collection will take a little longer with needed to get 2 swabs per person, but at least I won't be doing the follow-up testing on positive pools. I am wondering what the new process will do for the lab's timeline--we're using the same lab and there have been some real problems with timely results processing and reporting. But, not really my circus, so that aspect isn't one of my monkeys.

Illi--so sorry to hear about the new findings. Praying for good results and quickly getting back to cabin life.Hugs.

Morning, Elderberry!

Chi--8 counties in Maine now in high community transmission, including the one I live in, but, surprisingly, not the one I work in! The county the school is in is still at medium. Thanks for the coffee rundown, very interesting!

image alt="Transmission Overhaul Cocktail Recipe | Cocktail Builder">

Transmission Overhaul Cocktail

Mixed Drink Recipe from Cocktail Builder

1 part of Vodka

1 part of amaretto almond liqueur

1 part of Orange Juice

1/2 part of grenadine syrup

1 part of mountain dew citrus soda

1 part of southern comfort peach liqueur

Mix all the ingredients in a large container. Shake or stir well. Server chilled or over ice. This will sneak up on you.

From <https://www.cocktailbuilder.com/recipe/transmission-overhaul>

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688
    edited May 2022

Hello, I haven't posted here before but I got such a laugh out of the initial post as I was searching the threads that I thought I'd say hello. You all sound like a great group. Hope you found everyone that was missing.

• chisandy
    edited May 2022

I'll work backwards on drinking: today's DOTD? MInt juleps, of course (mine made with NuStevia diet simple syrup). First herb harvest of the season, as we have enough mint coming up. Parsley is the most plentiful but I still have enough store-bought in the fridge. I have chives in a small container and a good clump of thyme popping up (most of which made it through the winter). I think what finally killed our previously hardy perennial rosemary is that we had so little sunshine and the soil was just too cold down deep--in years past the snowpack actually preserved it. Midweek is when it'll finally be warm enough to start tomatoes, basil & maybe peppers in containers on the deck. Not even gonna try dill, cilantro, or tarragon--they all "bolt" on me.

Last night we went to Regalia (walked there through the dregs of the raw drizzle). Started with La Gioiso brut prosecco (white, not rose this time). With our entrees, Caymus "Siusan" Petite Syrah--(Siusan is a very small appellation, a mini-suburb, in Solano County, between Alameda & Napa--it's the county you speed through on the way north from the Oakland airport). First non-Italian wine we tried on the list and it's a winner. I tell you, the only good thing about this chilly wet weather is that it forces me to walk home faster.

Sunny all day today--but didn't make it past 55F. Can't believe it's Derby Day.

• nativemainer
    edited May 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms in the HTL!

I'm giving up and turning the heat on again for a little bit. 47 degrees in the living room this ayem. Bah. Will warmer weather ever really get here this summer? I think we're going to do another jump right from overnight frosts to high temps and humidity almost overnight again this summer.

Emac877--Welcome to the HTL! Pull up a barstool and tell us about yourself.

Chi--I didn't realize it was Derby Day already! My potted chives are coming up, too. There is a lot more benefit to a good snow pack than just moisture for the spring runoff, isn't there?

Chive Blossom Martini

Chive Blossom Martini

Ingredients

• 60ml chive blossom infused gin*
    • 10ml dry vermouth

For chive blossom infused gin:

• 150ml gin
    • 1 small chive blossom

Glassware: Martini glass or coupette

Garnish: chive blossom

Method

*To make chive blossom infused gin:

1. Rinse and dry the chive blossom to remove any insects or dirt.
    2. In a glass jar, add the chive blossom to the gin, secure the lid and give it a gentle shake. Leave to infuse at room temperature for 2-24 hours (this can vary depending on how strong you like the flavour).
    3. Using a fine strainer, coffee filter or cheese cloth, strain the liquid and discard the solids.

To make the Martini:

In a mixing glass, add the gin, vermouth over ice and stir. Strain into a chilled coupette and garnish with a chive blossom.

From <http://www.cocktailsandbars.com/chive-blossom-martini/>

• minustwo
    edited May 2022

NM - I chuckled at your 47 degrees. Want to do a trade? Houston managed to make it all the way down to 78 last night. Predicting 98 today. It will be interesting to see how your puppers take to the summer heat. Did you figure out a way to take a week between jobs?

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688
    edited May 2022

Thanks nativemainer. I had never heard of a chive blossom martini but that sounds fun to try. The herbs in my garden are coming back too. I'm in southern Oregon so it's still trying to figure out if it's winter or spring yet. We were at 81 degrees last Thursday and it's 38 degrees and rainy right now. I've held off planting too much until we're clear of surprise frosts.

I have never been too savvy with specialty drinks. I live across the street from a local winery (Roxy Anne Winery) so I am gradually learning that lingo. My favorite of theirs is the Chardonnay but my go to is still a nice Amber Ale in a chilled glass or straight from the bottle. Oregon is fairly rich in microbreweries. I'm a lifetime west coaster but on a trip to Boston had a Wachusett Blueberry Ale and that is still my all time favorite though not available out here.

Good to meet you all and hope you all have a great weekend.