Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited September 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Twofer Tuesday! I found out some more about the master plan at work yesterday. When the third Patient Care Manager startsand gets her feet under her we're going to run with three nursing teams. The returning PCM and I will each take a quarter of the census and staff, the new PCM will take half. The returning PCM and I both are going to continue taking care of the Quality Improvement and home health aide education (me) and new staff Orientation and mentoring (the returning PCM), and the newest PCM will not have anything other than the direct patient care management. It sounds like a really workable plan, and I was excited to hear about it. It's going to be bumpy for a bit as we get the details ironed out, but things are already much better than they were when I started.

The puppers say Hi to everyone.

Karen--I can imagine how scared you are right now about your brother. It does sound like he is downplaying the situation. Your SIL is probably really scared, too. Would your brother give permission for someone from the hospital to callyou and give you a report? That way you'd have more info to work with. It's not unusual for patients to downplay their situation with family members to avoid worrying them, even though that almost never works. It would be nice for him to be home in time for his birthday and the holiday. It sounds like you are on tip of things appointment-wise. And there is nothing wrong with a post being all about you, that's what we're here for!

Chi--Glad to hear the latest COVID vaxx wasn't uncomfortable for very long. And even better to hear the flooding wasn't raw sewage! But the correction work sounds expensive and disruptive. Still, worth it for the protection.

Flooded Basement

Ingredients

1.5 oz Smirnoffยฎ vodka

2 oz pomegranate juice

grapefruit juice

Instructions

Fill glass with ice. Add vodka and pomegranate juice. Fill with orange juice. Can garnish with floating pomegranate seeds.

From <https://www.crystalmixer.com/flooded-basement-recipe/#ingredients>

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited September 2022

Kim - I don't think he would give permission for me to get information from the hospital. You are right on both ends - he down plays and she plays it up but either way he is still quite ill. Hard to gauge how long he will be in the hospital. Sounds like the job situation is going to work out well.

Sandy - glad the basement wasn't as bad as first thought. The new landscaping should be nice. How long do you plan to stay in the house?

We need to get the Covid "booster" sooner than later - we fit all the categories for being at higher risk. DH has had a reaction with the previous 4 shots, so he needs to plan for. day in bed. I will wait till next week after the colonoscopy and hope like before no reaction. We've gotten all the other shots at the same time. Its just hectic with DD coming on Tuesday, then the holidays.

90 forecast for today!!! At least the nights are in the 50s.

Have a great Tuesday

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited September 2022

We plan to stay in this house until we can no longer care for it or climb stairs. Don't want to jinx it, but at least another decade. (The kids don't want it because the taxes, utilities & insurance are pretty hefty). It needs a lot more work: replace interior staircase between 1st & 2d floor, new windows in front room & living room, redo ceilings in 2 bedrooms, and repaint/wallpaper throughout. After the absolutely necessary repairs, then maybe new shower/tub plumbing in 1st floor bathroom so it'll have water pressure again.

We got the estimate for the flood control system--part 1, the exterior stuff (pumps, valves, tanks, buildout of sewer pipe to city sewer main, excavation, etc.), is $16K; part 2, demolition of part of basement floor, installation of new sewer line and replacement of dead check valve with new improved one) is $3K. (That doesn't count the new front landscaping--probably another $2K for that).

But it's not the expense that bothers me: we have SO much stuff in that 16 sq. ft that'd have to be moved (including workbenches permanently mounted, with wine bottles and boxes above and below) that we have no idea how--need a crew to haul it out to a storage unit (which we'd need to rent); plus disrupt the cats' lives as well. This past Sunday morning was an extremely rare macroburst event: sudden torrential rainfall that stayed stationary due to lack of wind, 3" per hour--our neighborhood got almost 5", others as much as 6" with geysers shooting as high as 15 ft. out of manholes. Last time it rained like this here (away from the river), with so many homes getting sewer backups, was 1987.

The city is saying that no municipal sewer system, no matter how intricate, could have handled a deluge of this speed & intensity. There are reports of homes with modern flood control systems still getting sewer backups. We need answers from our plumber as to how urgently we need to begin this project, whether it can wait till spring or at least just do the exterior phase first--and most of all, how foolproof it'd be.

DOTD last night was Kendall-Jackson 2020 Chardonnay with leftover salmon. Tonight, with grilled wursts, seltzer.

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

Sandy - would love to see photos of your house. It sounds lovely, though it might need repairs. Old house are build so well, though with time, like us, things do wear out. Our house is a ranch with finished basement, but new compared to yours (1963). We are only the second owners and we have been in the house for 29 years. We are one of the higher up houses in the. neighborhood. Luckily we can age in place in our house. There are only 2 steps in the front door and the back door and I'm sure that can be taken care of with a small ramp. The only problem would be narrow bathroom doors. I think all the other areas are wide enough.

My brother is slowly, albeit very slowly moving in the right direction. They anticipate another week in the hospital. Hope so as his birthday is on the 23rd and it would be nice to be home for it even if he is still recovering, but as we all know nothing beats sleeping in our own bed. Still in isolation and no visitors. Yesterday he was allowed to sit in a chair and brush his teeth. I'm sure the whole road to recovery will be a few months. Still quite worried about him.

Trying to figure out when to get the Covid vaccine and the flu shot and if I want to do them at the same time. My lifetime risk of LE is 30%. I've been. having blood draws in the BC side but no BP. Just not sure I want to have two sore arms or not know if I have a side effect what is from what.

Kim - good morning.

Have a great Wednesday

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited September 2022

Lurking today. Chi, yes sad about Ramsey. Getting my booster on Sat. Appreciate the warning ๐Ÿ™

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2022

BabyGirl, love seeing the "booze box!"

Reader, I thought you meant your drink had hamburger in it! (Had a fun drink the other evening ( with a hamburger!)

Karen, you have been having HOT temps, and sorry about the insomnia. Sorry about your brother and wish we could see a better pic of your dad QEll. Oh, I shall look at FB. Best of everything on your tests and heiny scope!

Sandy, glad you were able to share some of the maters. Are you able to prolong them by covering on the cold nights? Sorry about the basement.

NM, too funny about your mom and "rotties". Sorry you didn't get all done as was expected.

I'll be back with more on me. SO much has happened! Unfortunately nothing good!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,304
    edited September 2022

Oh no Goldie - I was hoping it would have been a good trip. Thinking of you.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 941
    edited September 2022

Goldie a drink with hamburger in it would be wild! Tonight I had a watermelon martini with shrimp (not in it hehe).

So sorry about whatever is troubling you; I have no kids but currently am weighed down myself a bit with some family matters, extended family. It's nice to post here and know you all appreciate hearing about mundane, happy things ( or sharing the less happy things. Karen hoping for the best for your brother.

Sandy I'm terribly sorry about this flooding! Otherwise your home sounds so interesting.

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

Lori - thanks. Sorry to hear that you have news that is not good. Sending you gentle hugs.

Hi Jazzy.

Thanks for the good wishes for my brother.

I am spent tonight. Hard couple weeks at work and today it hit me. I had tears in my eyes! I've been a School Psychologist for well over 30 years and this is the first time I've been so mentally exhausted and I'm only on week 4 with kids and week 5 for the school year. I have one kiddo that is taking up way too much of my time that I'm not seeing many of my kiddos. Also behind on paperwork. I've tried to set boundaries by not doing work at home, but I'm going to have to start doing a little at home, but right now I don't have the mental energy. No one is giving me any grief, its me being hard on myself. I was telling DD#2 about it and she goes "imposter syndrome". Since 1991, the only time I've taken off work that was for my religious holidays and death of my parents was the birth of my kids and BC. But tomorrow, I'm calling in sick. My son came over and I was telling him about my day and how I never take off and he remembers that I never took off. I just can't face another day. I need to take care of my mental health and physical health. I don't work Fridays and Monday is my colonoscopy so I won't be back in the building till Tuesday. The secretary texted me earlier say she was tired so I must be even more tired. I wrote her back and said beyond tired plus a headache. She wrote back and said get some rest as I only have one more day. I'm not saying anything till morning. I'm sure I'll be up early, so will email the school as well as my manager.

Sweet dreams.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2022

Looks like my post yesterday didn't go through, I must have forgotten to hit the "submit" button.

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Hump Day!I'm looking forward to a Wednesday, Women and Wine get together after work tonight. I was explaining that to the puppers during cuddle time this ayem, I'm not sure how much attention they were paying, but they didn't seem to be bothered very much. Of course, a pupper getting tummy tickles and ear scritches isn't likely to be bothered by very much, I suppose.

Karen--It is so hard to be far away from a loved one when something is going on, with sorting through the information. I'll keep praying that he gets better and can go home soon. Sounds like good planning to wait until after the colonoscopy before getting the next COVID booster. I bet you are looking forward to DD's visit!

Chi--wow, the flood control project is going to be pricey, indeed! But necessary, I suppose. That rain sounds like quite the experience! I can imagine how any sewer system could stand up to that.

Big Wednesday Cocktail

Ingredients:

Mix all ingredients together and shake very well, then pour into a glass with an orange slice and enjoy!

From <https://www.cocktail.uk.com/cocktails/big-wednesday>

Well, that came out funny! And it's not letting me fix it in editor. it has Vodka, Malibu, Midori, pineapple juice and coconut syrup.

Karen-- I get all my shots in my leg, not my arms. Here in Maine pharmacists can't give shots in the leg, so I get most of mine at the doctor's office or a clinic staffed by nurses. I make them draw blood from my feet or ankles, too. You may have to have the doctor ordering the lab work to specify that the sample can be taken from your feet. With more and more of us in this situation, this should be just as common as not taking blood pressures in our arms.

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

Called in sick today. Wrote work email at 5:30am and went back to sleep. Took a while to fall back to sleep but slept till 8am. It's been quite some time since i slept that late. I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up after midnight and couldn't sleep so went to the sofa eating M and M's and fell asleep till 5. I was mentally and physically exhausted. Using my Cubii and then will go for a walk. Nothing on the agenda for today.

Kim, I've always get shots in my left arm (prophy side) and B/Ps with no problems. I have started blood draws and blood donations in right arm as too much scar tissue in left arm. So far all is good.

Have a great Tuesday.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2022

Karen, I hope your "sick day" is peaceful and brings you rest.

Carol

• minustwo
    edited September 2022

I'm with NM. I only get shots in my thigh or butt. Unfortunately that is a problem since none of our pharmacies are allowed to go anything but arms anymore. And I only get blood draws from my ankle. In a city of over two million people, I've only found two people at the major medical centers who are willing to do ankle draws. Makes it a PITA every 6 months. And lastly - I will allow BP on one arm only, but prefer it with the manual cuff and not the automatic cuff. You'd be surprised how many nurses don't have a clue how to do that. If I'm having surgery or even something like a colonoscopy, they have to set the BP on my leg.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy TGIF day! I've got the marathon meeting at work this morning, not particularly looking forward to it, but it has to happen. Gong to Mom's after work to set up her "landline" phone. It's not what I consider a true land line, but it doesn't require any internet connection and I got a simple regular phone to plug into it, that hopefully she can't mess up like she does the cellphone. So maybe, just maybe, I'll actually be able to call her and get through once in a while.

The temps dropped off yesterday peeyem, it was really nice having the puppers for bedwarmers last night. The weather guessers are talking about the possibility of frost in some areas of the state overnight tonight. Fall has arrived!

Karen--I hope you are feeling better after your sick day. And I'm glad you've had no problems with LE, and pray that it stays that way for you.

Morning, Sunshine!

Minus--I know nurses are taught how to do take manual blood pressures, and am amazed at how often I hear that someone doesn't know how to do that anymore. I insist on manual BPs and leg BPs only just to be an annoyance and to help educate caregivers.

Peg Leg

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS

Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass, and add ice. Stir until very cold. Strain into an ice-filled short glass, and serve with a wide orange twist.

From <https://cocktailpartyapp.com/drinks/peg-leg/>

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2022

I saw my urologist on the 7th, then saw MO. My calcium levels were dangerously high, 10.2 at that time, eventually climbed up to 15.8. He wanted me to go immediately to a lab and have them done. So I've been in the hospital, did a round of Zometa and hydration. SE's from the zometa were horrible, to say the least! Freezing cold, shaking violently, the only thing that didn't hurt was my hair, nails and teeth. Did labs today, which I probably won't hear anything until Monday. I tested - for Covid. My DD tested + today, so I probly won't get to see her at all. Her and her dad and one of his friends went out today to go play pool, and football game tonight. Responsible dad, eh? I got only about 2 hours of sleep last night. They eat late here, so waiting to have a BLT and put my butt to bed.

Karen, I hope these few days give you the rest you need.....you NEED IT!

Reader, a Bloody Mary with some shrimp would be good!

Hi, too everyon else! CHEERS.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 581
    edited September 2022

Karen - sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your mental health day helped you.

Lori - I am sending up a prayer for you.

Sunshine99- I just noticed your website beneath your post.

I do not have too much to say, Our labor day weekend to Ormond Beach was great. The house we stayed in was beautiful and fit us all in comfort. It is for sale, I would love to have it, it is really close to the beach and in a friendly neighborhood. It has a good price on it, but too much for me.

My granddaughter won a local scholarship at our little air port for free pilot lessons. She is very excited.

I went to a wine tasting that was so much fun with fun people. They are going to have a wine bingo. Not sure what that is , but it sounds fun.

I am watching my 5 yr old grandson while the rest of his family is at a football game. They usually last pretty late. He gets antsy and wants to climb the bleachers and wanting stuff from the concession stand.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• minustwo
    edited September 2022

Misty - fantastic that your grandaughter will get to take flying lessons. My son lived for the weekends so he could fly.

NM - LOL - yes, I too like to keep them on their toes, even if it isn't always just to annoy them.

Goldi - so sorry to hear about your test results & the Zometa side effects. And goodness - do you mean you are in the hospital while on vacation? YUCK. Hope you will get to see your daughter somehow.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2022

Goldie, was this your first Zometa infusion? The first was the worst for me, the second was a bit better, and now it's a non-event. The nausea and fever were horrible, but now I don't really have any SEs. Maybe a bit of a fever, but nothing like the first one.

My blood calcium was also elevated when I was first diagnosed with Stage IV. It's stabilized now, but my MO doesn't want me taking a calcium supplement.

I hope you're feeling better!

misty, I started the blog as a way of letting people (mostly my wonderful neighbors) how I was doing with my cancer. It's been a really good thing for me to put things in writing. My older sister wants to publish it someday. I've actually had several people tell me I should put it in a book. I'll leave that to my sister. She teaches copy editing, so she'd be the perfect person to do that.

I'd be thrilled to have anyone take a look at it. I'm working on my next post which will be something to do with "Puke-tober" or rather "Pink-tober."

Hugs to all, or "Cheers!"

Carol

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

Lori - sorry to hear about the high calcium, side effects from Zometa and positive Covid test. My blood calcium is slightly elevated so I've been diagnosed with mild hyperparathyroidism. Everything I have is "watch and see". The endocrinologist wants me on Prolia for life. It's turning into a big pain in the you know where as I have to get the Rx at the pharmacy and bring to the doctor. My PCP called it into the pharmacy that I usually use but it is $60 more than mail order so I need to contact PCP and have her fax Rx to mail order Rx. Local pharmacy won't do it and mail order would contact doctor but not pharmacy. When I got it at oncologist, I never had to pay and they would have the shot. Sending you hugs and hope you are home soon.

I really needed Thursday off. There was no way I could have gone to work. I hope it helped. I am so far behind, that I need to do work at home tomorrow and maybe Monday afternoon.

My colonoscopy is Monday and my husband is not allowed to be with me. It makes me uncomfortable to not have with me when the GI doctor tells me what happened during the test - like if there were polyps etc. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow liquid diet or the prep tomorrow night and Monday morning

3 more days till DD#2 arrives! :)

My brother is now in the MICU. He is just not getting better. Last Tuesday they thought another week in the hospital, but I don't see him getting out in the next few days. I'm really worried about him. Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers.

Have a good Sunday

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2022

Karen! Just thinking about you and your brother.... Sending you a big hug, and a special angel to watch over your brother! xoxo Chevy

• nativemainer
    edited September 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Sunday Funday! Chilly and rainy here today, it was beautiful yesterday, if on the cool side of things. Time to break out the long sleeves and sweaters I guess. The puppers were quite content to lie in the sun on the deck most of the day.

Goldie--that's a pretty impressive calcium level, there! I'm sorry the Zometa is so hard. That must have been a miserable experience. I can't believe your DD's dad went out like that knowing she's contagious! SMH. I hope you feel better soon.

Misty--that sounds like a beautiful beach house. Congrats to your granddaughter, I bet she is very excited! Perhaps she'll be a commercial pilot some day? I've never heard of wine bingo, but it sounds like it could be fun. Can't wait to hear more about it. I hope you are having a lot of fun with the grandson. I can see where someone so young would have a hard time at such a long and late event.

Minus--we might as well get some fun out of all this bc crap, right? I can guarantee we are far more annoyed than we could ever make the person taking vital signs!

Sunshine--I love the "cancer has progressed to my bones, I pray that it never enters my soul" and "Puke-tober" too!

Karen--keeping your brother in my prayers. And keeping you in my prayers. Not being able to have someone with you to hear the results is just so scary and unfair.

Chevy--keeping you and your DH in my prayers as well.

Monks Prayer

Ingredients:

From <https://www.cocktail.uk.com/cocktails/monks-pray>

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

Thanks Chevy and Kim

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited September 2022

Karen - prayers for your brother and for your procedure tomorrow too ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Goldie - prayers for a speedy recovery sister ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

• chisandy
    edited September 2022

Sorry for my absence of late: I'd been dealing with the basement stuff, preparing for Friday night's gig (sparsely attended but audience tipped well and bought CDs) and playing catchup with the CLE videos. 9.5 hours to go.

Karen--prayers for your brother, and good luck on tomorrow's 'scope--may it reveal nothing out of the ordinary. I'm a terrible pack rat, so not yet ready to photograph my house's interior till we've done some serious decluttering. May post some exterior shots, though. Our interior woes are due largely to the house's temporary post-WWII conversion to a 2-flat (illegally) and then back to its original single-family state; and the previous owner's attempt to save money by going DIY on everything--even having his sons install the flat roof (which was the first to leak). And also the terribly negligent job our first roofer did, thanks to having hired incompetent and likely undocumented workers (whom we couldn't identify when we tried to investigate in contemplation of litigation, which we abandoned due to likely costs exceeding those of piecemeal repairs).

Lori--saying a prayer for you too, that your hospital stay is short and Zometa SEs transitory.

Haven't had to cover my plants, as we haven't had any cold nights yet. Here by the lake, the coolest it's been overnight was 59. Now that the squirrels have stolen (or ruined) the low-hanging tomatoes--and we had lots of rain last weekend--they haven't bothered with the remaining ones high on the plants. Amazingly, one plant we thought had given up the ghost, once we'd harvested what remained and stripped the dead leaves, has sent up new leaves and has three blossoms--making Mr. Bumblebee a very happy camper. (I leave a couple of basil blossoms unpinched for him too). Amazingly, one stand of black raspberry canes by the eastern fence that gets a lot of sun has started blooming like crazy. Fall crop? A lot of the Italian parsley that had bolted has engendered new shoots (largely from the heads I'd snipped and scratched back into the soil).

On Nextdoor, half the flood-related posters waxed rhapsodic about their flood-control systems but half said theirs proved futile. Even if we go ahead (and are likelier to do just the pricier front stuff and simply replace the interior check valve without busting up the basement), it's unlikely the plumbers would be able to get to us before late autumn at the earliest. Our landscaper/handyman says the estimate is in the ballpark (and some on Nextdoor mentioned their systems cost $15K two years ago), but that as long as we transfer everything in the bottom boxes into plastic crates and keep emergency litter stuff at the ready upstairs, the next sewer flood (should it happen) would likely be less disruptive than the prevention project.

• chisandy
    edited September 2022

We're waiting till mid-Oct. for our flu shots, as we always do). Flu activity in IL (per national charts) is "nonexistent" right now, and we'd like to have protection through April. Protection declines 9-10% for each post-injection month.

Mentioned on another thread, but saw the neurologist on Tues., which was eye-opening. My back & leg problems are due not to the L-3-5 stenosis, but to sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction...caused by longstanding scoliosis which was never treated! I had always wondered why my front blouse buttons seemed off-kilter, with long necklaces hanging plumb but not tracking the buttons. When I had my first (R) knee replacement surgery, the anesthesiology resident trying to insert the epidural catheter hit it off-kilter and I nearly hit the ceiling (so from then on I insisted that nothing be administered to my spine without fluoroscopy; the anesthesiologist who did my epidural for my C-section did it by touch, actually palpating my vertebrae). The SI joint stenosis entraps the sciatic nerves leading to my piriformis muscles and consequent sciatica and possibly those tibial spasms as well. The neuro was aghast that not only had the scoliosis--dx'ed when I was 12 or 13--never been treated beyond admonitions to "not slouch," but also that nobody ever treating my occasional back attacks ever "connected the dots." Maybe because radiologists' reports had always called it "mild." She said, too, that I had the wrong kind of PT this time: the ortho I had seen at Skokie Hosp.'s walk-in clinic was a sportsmedicine specialist: "when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail" was her remark. She's referring me to the system's clinic that specializes in neuro-oriented PT and vestibular therapy to improve balance. If none of that works, she will consider first shots into my piriformis muscles and then an (ouch) EMG. (It might also explain how back-of-knee pain I had in 2014 after hiking was misdiagnosed as a tear in the gastroc head, and my spring 2015 hip/thigh pain as "bursitis"--neither of which had any imaging other than X-rays and an US to administer an ineffective cortisone shot to the suspected hip bursa).

DOTD last night with leftover beef ribs was a couple oz. of Cotes du Rhone.

• chisandy
    edited September 2022

Oh, and more storms forecast for tonight. Here we go again: but at least we've elevated everything in the basement we can't afford to lose, and have brought up three disposable litterboxes, litter and the new Litter Genie (which has its own scoop). Whatever damage we sustained (and might again), it's nothing compared to what coastal AK just went through (a typhoon that far north??!!) and what PR is suffering right now.

Our landscaper, who lives a few blocks away, didn't get an upgraded flood control system and probably won't.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes! I'd say happy Monday, but I'm watching the Queen's funeral service being broadcast and that seems inappropriate. Amazing precision, the preparation must have been extensive and going on for some time.

Chi--the decluttering never seems to end, does it? Always more to go through. It sounds like you might get a really nice second harvest from your tomatoes and other plants! It sounds like you may have found a less expensive and equally acceptable way to deal with the flooding issue. Of course, it would be better if it never happens again. My goodness, what a long road you have had with back and leg issues, and to go so long without the dots being connected! I'm glad you found someone who could make the diagnosis. That's a lot of misdiagnosing you've been through.

Thinking of Karen and Goldie this morning.

Queen Elizabeth

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth
    • 3/4 ounce Benedictine
    • 3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed

Steps

1. Add the dry vermouth, Benedictine and lime juice into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
    2. Strain into a chilled cocktail or coupe glass.

From <https://www.liquor.com/recipes/queen-elizabeth/>

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

I need to start drinking the final 2 liters of the prep stuff. Through a straw it's not that awful but its a ton to drink. Last night it took me 2 hours to drink the 2 liters. I have two hours to finish it as nothing 2 hours prior to the colonoscopy. Didn't sleep well last night - slept 2 hours then was awake every hour or so - just how I sleep without help. Been up since 4 am - but didn't get out of bed till 5. It's now 6:30 am Denver time.

We recorded the funeral and will watch it later. Could have started at 5 but that would have been 1.5 hours after it started. If there are commercials we will be able to fast forward through them.

Need to text my brother and his wife for an update. None since Saturday night.

Thinking of you Lori.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2022

Good Morning, Loungettes!

Karen--I hope that's all over by now and you are back home and feeling better!

• karen1956
    edited September 2022

Kim - all went well with the colonoscopy. It's taking me longer to rebound from procedures the older I get and I don't consider myself old. It took me a few hours to feel relatively "normal" and I was exhausted in the evening. At least I slept well last night. No polyps, but still on a 5 year schedule. Considered high risk - didn't ask why, but it seems with all my "Dx", everyone wants to watch me. None of them require treatment but all are watch and see! I was reading the medicare manual (even thought I have an advantage plan), they generally only cover them every 10 years, but if doctor recommends 5 years, I'm sure it will be covered. Hopefully in 5 years, they'll be a better prep. The nurse says what is Rx for prep has a lot to do with insurance.

A little annoyed with the endocrinologist. Through the patient portal she share the results of labs and her recommendations which was all good. So I wrote her back to see if she had shared information with my oncologist. She said she would forward labs and notes, but it felt to me that if I hadn't asked, she would not be sending them. Since she has the opposite view regarding Prolia than my oncologist, I especially want him to have the information. Got the Rx switched to mail order as it is $60 less. It was turning into a big hassle, but I messaged my PCP and she first thing in the morning faxed the Rx to the mail order pharmacy and they will ship it to the PCPs office. Makes so much more sense than for me to have to get it at the pharmacy.

My brother message me this morning that he made great progress yesterday and that the doctors listened to him. Big change from his message Monday afternoon, so feeling a little less worried.

Today was supposed to be the last day of 90s. Cooler the next two days with rain - other than recess at school, happy for the rain.

Sweet dreams.