Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

how about drinking?

Options

Comments

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited April 2023
    Options

This popped up in my memories on FB from 11 years ago. I was 53 then and a bit "chunky" and had hair then! Anyways, way back, we had a thing about sock monkeys here, that came from a late Loungette, HunkyDory. Hence we coined Monday as Monkey Day. This was a sock monkey that another late Loungette, MemaSue, got for me.

No photo description available.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,876
    edited April 2023
    Options

Lots of memories in that picture. Thanks for sharing.

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,274
    edited April 2023
    Options

I can't see some of the pix Goldie posts...waaaaaaa!

Karen, good luck on the appointment.

The winds have finally stopped howling here so maybe, just maybe, we'll manage a walk outside. I'm dreading our warm up...may hit 60. I've enjoyed the longer than expected cool spell but realize I won't get that lucky. I'm reading that El Nino effect is in the works...DREAD!

Enjoy your weekend!!

• goldie0827
    edited April 2023
    Options

That's odd WallyCat! The only thing I can think of, is the picture comes from Facebook, perhaps you don't have a FB account? Maybe ask the mods?

Anyone here that does NOT have FB, but can see the picture?

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    edited April 2023
    Options

Lori - memories - I forgot about the sock monkeys. But seeing your post and photo bring back memories - good ones at that.

I'm copy/pasting from my other two threads. Too tired and foggy to write different ones.

Good visit with Hematologist. He like my medical oncologist stick in "their lane" He agrees with Endocrinologist to watch my calcium and no surgery. For the first time in 3 years my Creatinine and Calcium numbers are good. He also said he wasn't sure what is what with calcium - primary hyperparathyroid or MM and goes from the notes endocrinologist sent, she doesn't either. He also asked about having my thyroid checked and when I last saw my primary care. I had a virtual visit the end of March. She didn't think I need to come in for a physical, but I'll make and appointment for June once school is out.

Talked about lack of appetite, weight loss. and insomnia. He stepped out to take a call and left it to the nurse to deal with it. Nothing new that I didn't already. RN said to eat smaller meals and to snack in between meals. They are doing a referral to Dietician. I doubt she/he will have anything new but my big question is how to force myself to eat when not hungry or full. They also said limit water late at night and take senna with dinner. I've been drinking 12-16oz with my night meds which I take at bedtime. Hematologist is not in favor of meds for sleep but rather meditation, mindfulness, CBTi. I have a link for CBTi through the Mayo clinic.

Hematologist also asked if I saw the transplant doctor yet. I told him my appointment is May 10th and that it was hard to get an appointment and the mess up with the referral. DH took that to mean that Hematologist is looking for me to have the SCT. I want to do whatever I can do without compromising QOL long term and will give me the longest DFS.

8 vials of blood drawn today including for the 84 gene panel. Got an email from Invitae and my insurance is covering 100%

Today's injections hit me hard like the first time. Pale and very tired - almost immediately after shot. Treatment #2 and #3 were a breeze. 1/4 of the way done - 4 down with 12 more to go.

DH asked about me getting Covid #6 vaccine as he heard that they are starting to give to immunocompromised. So I will watch to see when they are available.

Wore my T-shirt - got compliments from several staff and the one other patient and her husband in the infusion room. Might just wear it every week - probably not, but every so often.

Off for a nap.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    edited April 2023
    Options

Goldie - I do NOT have a facebook account and I can see your pictures. As an aside, my son had to tweak my security settings so that I could see pictures & memes on BCO. Thanks for the memories of MemaSue and Hunky Dory.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

Treatment today is kicking my you know what!! The nausea is horrible. Almost as bad as BC chemo. I sure hope this won't be a pattern or it will be a long 12 weeks. I took a nap after lunch and when I woke up I took a Zofran and just took a Compazine a few minutes ago. DH said next week, I should take it preventative even before any side effects.

Have a great night.

• minustwo
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen - sorry for the SEs. I agree with your DH. Also you might ask about an Rx for Emend. Or since it's relatively expensive, maybe some samples. As you can see, you have to take it before the nausea hits.

Aprepitant is used with other medications to help prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer drug treatment (chemotherapy). Aprepitant works by blocking one of the body's natural substances (substance P/neurokinin 1) that causes vomiting.This medication will not treat nausea or vomiting that has already started. Ask your doctor what you should do if you already have nausea or vomiting.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,071
    edited April 2023
    Options

Good luck to everyone on all their upcoming tests and treatments. I had my semi-annual zometa Monday and got a nice little souvenir. It doesn't hurt, but it sure is colorful!

• goldie0827
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen, all in all, things seem to be going as good as can be! It def. forever changes our life! Once I got to the weight I am at, which is too thin, but I stopped losing at least, so maintaining around 130. I hope the nausea doesn't linger for you.

Minus, thanks for chiming in re the pictures. I have no idea then, why she can't see them?

Mirandra, sorry about the bruise. Having to be stuck every 3 weeks, sometimes getting poked 2 or 3 times to get a good vein, for several years, I've come home with many a colorful arm or hand!

WallyCat, I will send the picture in a PM to see if you can see it there.

Off to the Farmers Market today with Patty. It is Saturday, isn't it???

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,630
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen, I'm so sorry about the nausea. For me, that's the worst! I recall my MO or one of the nurses suggested taking the Compazine before I have the SEs. I hope you're feeling at least a little bit better by now. I just remembered that when I had my IV chemo, they gave me something, Aloxi, maybe? To help with the nausea. I forget whether your current treatment is IV or oral.

Miriandra – nice souvenir!

Hope everyone has a good (or at least decent) Saturday.

Carol

• wallycat
    edited April 2023
    Options

Goldie, I turned off my ad blocker and still can't see them. I can see other posted pictures so it is very strange. Appreciate your attempts.

Karen, hopeful that the nausea goes away.

Miriandra, yikes...looks like my arm when they draw blood!

Happy Weekend to all.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,607
    edited April 2023
    Options

What a perfect day! It’s 68 degrees and warm in the full sun with a slight breeze. It’s definitely deck weather. And, I realize it’s only noon but I’m retired, so time for a drink is anytime I want.

Cheers!

• carolehalston
    edited April 2023
    Options

Mae, I love your scenery from the deck!

• minustwo
    edited April 2023
    Options

Way to go Mae. I'm retired too and your statement is absolutely correct. "Miller Time" is Anytime (although yours is Shiner and mine is vodka & cranberry).

• wallycat
    edited April 2023
    Options

I agree with CArole, that view (and you) are wonderful! I can see the pic. No idea why I can't see Goldie's.

We hit 62 and I was glad to be inside. My sister said it snowed by her (Wisconsin) and I was jealous.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

What a difference a day makes. Tonight, I finally feel human. Still not sleeping well, but took a long nap this morning. Read this afternoon and went for 2 walks today - had to push myself in the morning but before dinner I was starting to feel better.

I had BC chemo on Thursdays and went for IV hydration F,S,S and extra anti nausea meds in the IV. I took Emend as a pre-med, Kytrel, BDR suppositories and more.

I have Zofran and Compazine and I'm taking one or the other every 3 to 4 hours.

I can't take narcotics as they bind me up, make me sick to my stomach and cause severe nausea. Gd wiling any future surgeries acetamenophin will do the job since I can't take NSAIDS

I wondering if #2 and #3 were easier as I was on the Revlimid (its a from of thalidamide (sp) that was used for nausea in pregnancy in the early 60s and my hematologist also said it was used as a sleep aid). and for #1 and yesterday I wasn't. I will definitely get a head of the game next week.

Got lots of paperwork to do tomorrow. Write IEP goals for a meeting on Thursday. Finish work for the class I've been taking since January and start my end of the year self-evaluation for my meeting on May 12th. I have one more observation for the year and that is May 1st at an annual review IEP - will work on that next Sunday.

Mae - beautiful scenery

Lori - how was the farmers market? They don't start here till May or June.

Mirianda - nasty bruise - where do you get Tx? I know I asked before, but don't remember. I'm at RMCC Rose.

Curious as well as to what the new platform will be like. I guess we'll find out next Tuesday or Wednesday.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,071
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen, glad to read you're doing better. I visit RMCC at Potomac. Overall, a good crew. Usually I don't bruise so dramatically, but she didn't want to use a vein at my elbow because they felt too scarred for her taste. (I used to donate blood quite a bit - AB+, 3 gallon donor!) So she went for a vein on the forearm instead. I guess she perforated it a bit to get that much of a bruise.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

Made a strawberry smoothies with one scoop of protein powder (only 70 calories - but more than nothing) - frozen strawberries, OJ and almond milk. Actually quite good. Ate two Eggo waffles for breakfast with the smoothie and I"m FULL, FULLL FULL! I figure I an eat the waffles or English muffin before I leave for work and drink the smoothie on may to work.

Read the notes from Endocrinologist appointment and there were a couple things that I didn't remember from the visit but all in all good. She mentioned possible adding back calcium depending on how my levels do, after DEXA scan this summer, maybe other testing as well. Return in 3 to 6 months.

CMP in Cancer portal - blood calcium right at the cusp of the normal range - kidney function pretty stable but that is good. Hematologist ran 7 vials so curious what else he ran along with the 84 panel genetic testing. To be honest, a little worried about what will show up. Doctors need to learn to hear and listen to us. My medical oncologist knows me well - Hematologist is just getting to know me an he is beginning to learn that I have a mind of my own.

Off to get busy for the day. GF is calling me this morning. Lots to catch up on.

• carolehalston
    edited April 2023
    Options

Karen, glad you're feeling better.

Hope to "see" everyone on Tuesday.

• goldie0827
    edited April 2023
    Options

Wallycat, maybe with new platform, you will be able to see them? I'm baffled! You make me laff at being jealous of the snow!

BabyGirl, cheers to anytime you want! My view is about the same.

Karen, wonderful news with finally feeling human. I hope the work week isn't too much on you.

The Farmers Market was a joke to say the least. It was at a storage usit place, a few of the vendors have a storage space and just keep everything in there. There was one lady who had so gorgeous painted guords, but not anything I was interested, I'm trying to get rid of stuff, not add! There were only about 6-8 vendors there, I think we were done in a half hour. It took that long because Patty new one of vendors and chatted for a bit. But, we got out of the house and enjoyed each others company.

See y'all on the other side....I HOPE!

DOTD: Hope Cocktail

Picture of Hope Cocktail

1 1⁄2 oz Bourbon

1⁄2 oz Cognac

1⁄2 oz Amaro Montenegro

1 t Mandarin orange liqueur, Mandarine Napoleon

1 ds Orange bitters

Instructions

Stir. Straight up. Cocktail glass. Add a mandarine (or orange) twist.

• wallycat
    edited April 2023
    Options

I can see your cocktail, so yes, baffling and maybe the new fix will ..well...fix it.

(reposting from the dinner thread) what a morning...

just got home from the emergency room. Swallowed oatmeal with berries and a big blueberry got stuck. I could breathe and swallow, but it was stuck. Did not want to risk another salad episode. Of course, by the time they got me in and gave me more water, it sort of went down. They were going to xray but not once we thought it went down. He referred me for an endoscopy to see what's going on. Here we go....

They said I may have silent reflux (no symptoms but damage still occurs). Lovely, no? Hopefully nothing really serious.

• goldie0827
    edited April 2023
    Options

Wallycat, how scary! If that were me, I would not eat another blueberry EVER! So glad you are ok. Posting another picture, testing to see if you can see it. It's old, my husband and I at step DD's wedding 2015.

No photo description available.

• karen1956
    edited April 2023
    Options

Wallycat - very scary - hope they figure it out

Lori - great photo of the 2 of you

Rain starting tomorrow night in Denver 1-2" Monday night into Wednesday morning and 1-2 feet for the mountains!!!

See everyone on the other side of the new boards

• wallycat
    edited April 2023
    Options

Goldie, can't see that one but I could see your drink pic.

Thanks for the empathy. It was embarrassing more than anything. I think the clump of oatmeal with the berry didn't help.

• goldie0827
    Options

Well, here we are with a new platform! Not sure what to think yet. I've had to use Ctrl + to enlarge things, font is still sort of small and even smaller where our names and avatars are. I could go without all this under each person's post.
    Flag
    QuoteInsightful Agree Dislike Like 1Care

Our locations are gone, and I don't see "my favorites".

Running to town today, friend coming over to look at my garage door to install an opener. Dentist Monday, fly out Tuesday. Yesterday was a no energy day, due to chemo on Tuesday. I think today will be better. I skipped my steroids yesterday, and will today. They are supposed to help with nausea, but I don't get any. Fingers crossed.

Uploading a picture from my computer, to see if that works, it didn't before, you couldn't take pictures from your computer, they had to come from the internet.

Let me know if you can see it.

• ddesim1
    ddesim1 Member Posts: 10
    Options

goldie, wonderful picture of you and hubby and thank you for the HOPE cocktail. We all need one.

So far, first post in, I like the new platform. It is wonderful to have somewhere to go.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 857
    Options

Goldie I see the picture. Love the 🐓

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,630
    Options

goldie, I see your photo.

Carol

• wallycat
    edited April 2023
    Options

I see the chicken!

Hello ladies! So yesterday and today is stress, stress, stress waiting for the Seattle labs to come through. Unnerving. On a very happy note, we got a call this afternoon…DH is getting Pluvicto!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes him happy to get a shot at it; his tumor stomatic genomic crap came in and who knew…he had more than BRCA2; some really ugly markers. That is just weird how ugly the tumor can get when his germline (genetic) mutations are zilch. It will be a hard road schlepping to Seattle (I so admire you, Goldie, and how you traverse the treatments).

I took my first beta blocker (for performance anxiety) and sailed through dental and lawyer appointments. My new drug of choice!

My drink is boring…a washington state cabernet (CMS).