Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Worst Thing Someone Said To You?

Options
1585960616264»

Comments

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    edited May 2018
    Options

with my hair finally growing out long enough, I can now venture out without a hat. And, as many of us encounter, hair is growing back with chemo curl.

One acquaintance told me she was jealous of my curls. I wanted to tell her all she needed to do was develop BC and have months of chemo which causes all your hair to fall out, be bald for months, then wait months more to have chemo curl. Instead, I just smiled and said I was enjoying the curl

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2018
    Options

DodgersGirl - I think people consider this being supportive, but it’s annoying. If one more person tells me my hair is “cute” I’ll scream. These curls look cute on toddlers. That’s why I love my teen boys - pure honesty. My one son came in from school one day, took a look at my hair and said, “ you’re hair is looking crazy!” Then we both laughed. It DOES look crazy, it IS out of control and I truly dislike it!

• Ajwinters66
    Ajwinters66 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2018
    Options

I was actually talking withmy therapist, (a psychologist) and told her I was diagnosed with cancer in both breasts. She looked at me and asked if it was “fatal.”

You would think she would have a better way to respond to my devastating news. Alas, even the experts get it wrong.

• Egads007
    Egads007 Member Posts: 474
    edited May 2018
    Options

Ajwinter - you could have replied ‘no it’s not fatal...but it can be....for people that ask”.

Winking