Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Ok so we are all headed for the vacation tent? Great bar with bar stools, more than enough toilets, pretty blue drinks with umbrellas, Long Island ice tea's, and some great lookin pool guys. And of course, how could I forget, the Captain Morgans.

DebC: I remember that post. Oh this is an awful story, but I will tell it anyways. I remember Jeannie's post well. Last Sunday, all through the Bears game I kept praying they would win. I was trying to bargain. If the Bears would win, I promised to talk to God everytime I woke up. I prayed an awful lot during that game, we even went into overtime. But God came through for me. So I make sure and talk to God now whenever I wake up. And its a nice feeling.

DebC: Come on down to the vacation tent. And please bring your pictures from Hawaii. Especially the one you sent with your Christmas cards. That says what wagon circle is are all about.

No tumor markers yet. Darn it all.

Nicki

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited January 2007
    well.........i wasn't coming here this weekend either, but since my getaway plans tanked and have been rescheduled, here i am!

deb.........you didn't say anything out of line.........don't stop being you! you are a special person, with a huge heart and a great intellect.

i'm not going to get in the middle of this issue (my gosh, i really am changing lololol!), but i will say that the drama is a bit disconcerting and very discouraging. i must admit i got a little miffed at the constant musings of a non BC patient........but i didn't say much because i knew i'd stir the pot as i have a big mouth and very little patience.

we have all endured so much........it is natural that we will misinterpret each other's intent at times..........it is however, unatural to continue to stir it up without merit.

i know that with everything i am trying to handle right now, it is best that i just "zip my lip" for a while.........because i'm learning from my ex that i'm better seen than heard right now lol!

"furballs for G"

i'll check back later (if i can get near mackenzie's computer)............good news though........mine is fixed and i'm getting it back this week!

gotta go, the teeny boppers are waiting for their ride into town to go to the show..........best to all, and as my ex husband always says "no worries" (YEAH RIGHT !!!!!!!!!)
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Ok girls...wrote a long post and lost it so here I go again. Time for a party in the circle. Time to gather around the pool (since we are on vacation at the beautiful spa...remember)hand in hand, heart to heart, soul to soul and just relax and feel the love again. It's still here...I refuse to see it leave. We need NS as her words are better than mine but I refuse to allow any discord to continue.
    Soooo...that said (not as well as I'd like)...who is gonna watch my back and what do you want me to swipe.
    (((Deb)))Stick around...we need you.
    We need all of you.
    Love
    Vickie
    Furballs for NS
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited January 2007
    Post deleted by Naniam

My son rang the doorbell and I just hit submit. It is best I deleted it. It would not have added anything constructive to the circle or the board.

Love ya, gals
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Brenda: Was it Melissa or Tami that told you, your were not welcome on the board? Cause they are the only ones that can determine that.

So I say pfttttt! Flush that down one of our many toilets and come party in the vacation tent. I just put my bathing suit on to go for a swim. I look, well ridiculous. Its tighter in the hips and falling off on top. But I dont care, Im going swimming and I will have my Captain Morgans in my pretty blue drink with umbrellas. Im done with pool boy #1 - taking over pool boy #2.
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Oh my Brenda...what is this all about. You have been told your in trouble...what on earth for!?!? Your not welcome on the board...um excuse me but BULLSH*T. I hope this doesn't mean that you are leaving...I really couldn't take losing any more sisters here...truly.
    Praying for peace and love to return here to our circle.
    SOON
    Love
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

I had pool boy #1 first...nananana...LOL

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007

Let the party begin
    We could all use a drink
    Deb C
    Furballs, furballs .....
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2007
    Deb,
    You have done NOHING wrong. You are one of the most caring, open person in the world.

Hugs to all my BC Circle sisters.

Betty

Furballs, Furballs, FURBALLS!!!!!

Betty
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited January 2007
    UMMM!............"pffft" is MY WORD!!!!!!!!! so darling nicki, get your own word lol!

i just need clarification on one thing because i'm kinda lost..........why are we "not to bother with mena anymore?".........i think i really missed something there!

brenda BS, you're not welcome here..........if you aren't then i'm sure as hell not welcome!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Ok here is my next story for the day. My husband played at a Bears party in September. We just got a CD with pictures on it. Oh I look so awful. Im fat, pale, chemo hair. Why is it when I look in the mirror I see a young beautiful woman? And he is so good looking. I said it earlier, and I will say it again. I wonder if he will ever find the woman he fell in love with?

OK - Ill have another Captain Morgan's on the rocks. The water was a little cold at first, but the first Captain Morgans helped me to jump right in. And Im splashing water at all of you.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Ahahahaha ok, Dear Shel, Im on my knes and pleading with you. Can I please borrow pffttttt? It just fits in so well.

Nicki
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited January 2007
    Oh, Deb, you look like you are having such fun!!!!

Haven't seen anything from NS today - FURBALLS indeed.
    Oh, alwayshope(got it right) thanks for the furball pix.

Shel, glad you checked in.

I try cleaning house around my sleeping husband. I finally gave him Percocet last night for pain. We both got some sleep. MEN!!!!!! If he doesn't go see someone on Monday about his back ------.

I'm tired from lack of sleep, I'm on edge from lack of sleep and thinking of our sisters in the middle of another storm, waiting on test results or figuring out their next step - and my darn headache is slowly rearing its ugly head and light is beginning to hurt again. I'm running to the tent to party while I can - you gals may have to blindfold me to send me home.
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Nicki...when I look at the pictures of me during chemo it totally freaks me out...I looked BAD. I look in the mirror now and see beautiful...I refuse to see anything else. I am still me just a little sadder, a little older (not just age wise...you know what I mean) and a whole lot more aware of how short life can be. I'm trying to steal every precious moment I can. You look in the mirror and beautiful because you are...inside and out and your husband...well he must know that.
    Time to party sisters.
    Love
    Vickie
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    ok i am so lost now!!!!
    whats gives now i have to go back and re read all posts to try to figure out this mess!

tracey
    one more hour till happy hour!
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Oh...on the earlier post about my daughter. She begged me not to write to her husband or his "lady" so I'm staying out of it...for now. It's tough and my fingers are just itching to really blast the two of them but for her I won't. Looks like she will be coming home before too long.

Oh...to fly to Florida and shake the sh*t out of that boy...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Tracey: Dont look back, just move forward. We are having too much fun in the vacation tent.

DebC: I had to call my husband over to look at your pictures. Ahahahahahahah Im just smiling from ear to ear.

Vickie: I have a double Captain Morgans waiting for you.
    You need it!

NS: Our leader, our best friend. We love you and have you in the middle of the circle. But one of those pool guys keeps trying to sneak your way. But we wont let em. We are gonna protect you and help you through this.

Ladies, I do believe Im a nutcase!

Now Im humbled, but here is my dilema. Im starting my St. Patricks day kleenex box. I do it from scratch and clovers are alot harder to figure out than hearts - thats for sure. Im looking for a good leprecaun and a pot of gold. Any pics will be appreciated.

LauraB: Where are you.

Nicki
  • Roxwooood
    Roxwooood Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2007
    Vickie & Nicki, I know exactly what you mean, the reflection I see in my mirror is NOTHING like the person I see in pictures. It is very disturbing to me, why I see myself so much differently than I appear??? What I see, and what I feel, is so much more attractive than what I present to the world. It's pretty disheartening. I remember during chemo, I had periods where I couldn't bring myself to look in the mirror. It's sorta bitter sweet. Maybe our self esteem has improved, our belief in ourselves, in our inner strength and value as a person has increasted. Who knows? But a world without mirrors is just fine by me.

Checking to see how a few are doing, some people you never forget, no matter how long you stay away. This new contraversy reminds me of the original reason I left. I became so bitter, all the toxicity, all the time, me included. The thread that pushed me on out the door, was the one that was dedicated to criticizing "Time To Circle The Wagons". Although I hadn't participated in this thread, it seemed symbolic of how deep some people will look to find offense. Just keep on laughing, this too shall pass.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Rachael:

I love you so much. Glad your back. So how was your first day back at work?

After reading your post, I realized something. I do feel good. I do feel pretty. I do feel young. Inside - damn those pictures.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for the words Roxwooood...this too shall pass.
    Yes Tracey...don't go back,lets all move forward.
    Nicki...you think your a nutcase...oh you should see me LOL. Taking that Captain Morgan and a couple of Xanex.
    Going to show you all some pictures later...me before bc, during chemo and now...be warned...it's shocking.
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited January 2007

Ok ladies..you are right..time for the vacation tent..I want only one of the pool boys..who gets first pick??

• newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ok...warning shocking pics ahead LOL
    Before BC...hugging my dear sweet daughter
    July 4th with my brother in law (my hair was actually longer than his)...very skinny.
    With a bit more hair but still no weight
    Most recent picture...where is the blonde happy women in the first picture? I'll find her again but have to admit that I miss her...a lot.
    Oh...it's me, our furbaby and Nathaniel
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

Now pass me a pool boy...pretty please!

• AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    Vicky, you are beautiful..outside as well as inside

Hugs my friend
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    As are you Deb. I was just posting to show the huge difference a year in my life made. Looking in the mirror I see someone I don't know and don't recognize. As do many girls here...but we are still the same in our hearts and souls.
    Can't describe what I mean very well...just showing what we all go through and where we end up and that it's ok. We are here...and that makes it ok...so we lost our hair, our breasts, our self esteem and our innocence but we are here...and it's ok.
  • Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2007
    Vickie...splendid...you look fantabulous!

I'm a bit (understatement) flummoxed right now. I understand somebody told somebody not to bother me? I don't even want to look for it. Too upsetting. Especially here. I think there's been a misunderstanding as to what I consider bothering.

Feel free to bother me. I'll let you know when I feel bothered...you know, fifth-grade mentality stuff...that does bother me...otherwise, I can speak for myself. I think you all know that about me by now!

Pass me a pool man!...no more boys for me...had it with them!...xo
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

I never ever in my life expected to weigh this much or look this fat. I knew I would eventually gain some weight as I got older but not like this and so fast. Its depressing sometimes when I have no nice clothes that look good on this huge santa belly.

• newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ok Mena here you go
    Found these guys too...have to have a lot to go around tonight.
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    ummm...these guys were hanging around the PMS tent...I sent them on their way...to scary
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    LOL Vickie! There are No words for those boys...I don't even want to know what they were doing in the PMS tent

LOL
    Deb C