Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2007
    Brenda-That was a beautiful post. It made me cry but a good cry.I know I could not have made it through my BC without you girls.You have to experience BC before you can truly understand what we feel.I am not going to comment on the negative because I do not need any more negative in my life. I come here for advice,comfort and laughs. The ignore button works for me. I don't want the stress!

NS-I am thinking and praying for you this weekend.

I suffer from migrains too. I wouldn't wish them on my worse enemy. Mine use to come during my period.I've only had one since starting chemo.They knock me out for about three days. The only thing that works for me now is 500mg of naproxin.
    Nicki-I feel the same. I want to feel like me again. Talking to "my sisters" will help get me there.
    Take Care,
    Joyce
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007

Way to go Lini...good for you! Love you too girl. I am actually up to 127 now...only three pounds to go to make my doc happy. I know how hard it is to lose weight (we'll not personally as I've always been thin but sympathetic to those who are working so hard to take the weight off)but it is really hard to gain weight for me. Nerves and anxiety make me totally lose my appitite. I credit my gain on Hersheys Peanut Butter Cup ice cream...it's the best!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Lini: You sure do have something to celebrate. Congratulations on the wt. loss.

Sherloc: Im right behind you. To the Hoochie tent it is.

Vickie: When I was young, I was like you. Only weighed 100 pounds at 20 years of age. Was drinking instant breakfast to gain weight. I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted. Now I look at food and get fat.

Joyce: I know you understand what Im trying to say. About Moving Beyond. I guess Im just Moving along. And what is negative lol. Im laughing my arse off at those pictures of the toilets. Always said, laughter is the best medicine.

OK - done with breakfast, my belly is full. Time to work on my projects and watch a little TV.

Nicki
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2007
    Good morning CG's,
    I have been reading and wanted to take up the chant with
    you all for FURBALL! FURBALL! FURBALL!

It must be a fur ball , dang it cat hair gets everywhere!
    I guess I need to make a trip to your place NS and groom
    fluffy !!

Hey did you all see the new guy by the fire ?
    what the heck?

Just wanted to add my hugs and prayers for
    NS and Robbie ~

hugs,
    Carrie
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    LOL ok i am going to the hoochie tent to after work!!!
    going to need it... tourist why are they so cranky?
    they know there room rates when the make the reservation and when they check in they sign to acknowledge the room rates and now at check out they are cranky...we are about 10 bucks higher then the other hotel but that hotel is 40 yrs old and this one is 6 yrs old... how fusterating but i am not going to let these misrable ppl wreck my day!!
    we have a hockey team up from missoula montana and so far there pretty good....
    mena girlfriend missing you!
    cheri missing you to!
    nosurrender i am thinking of you... i am worried! but i know deep down inside your going to be just fine!

on a different thought after chemo i sure have had some issues with my tummy... i have googled this many of times but havent hit what i am after... i wonder if chemo can cause irritable bowel syndrome or could this be a little of both.... getting older and chemo... i cant eat fast food anymore unless i sit on la toliet...now dont get me wrong i can live without fast food but i dont know if i can live without bacon! and for the weight loss....grrrrr no go there!!!
    bbl
    tracey
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2007
    (((((Nosurrender)))))) ((((((Brenda))))))) You two have put into words everything we have gone through, so beautifully. Brenda, you brought tears to my eyes remembering all the really bad times during chemo, rads and surgery. NS, you described the circle perfectly! We need to surround you, holding hands and singing "Kum Bah Ya" . We are all praying for Furballs. The most important thing is that we are all here for one another, helping each other to move beyond as best as we can. I don't think any of us will ever completely move beyond, but if we can get it off our minds a little more each day, that is a step in the right direction. I am sending warm, healing light to all our sisters who are going through tough times, whether it is mets or primary. NS, Robbie, Mena and all the others I haven't mentioned, we are keeping you in the inner circle.

Love you all
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Oh ahahahah Carrie, that new guest at the campfire looks like a spitting image of me. And I want his marshmallow.

Tracey: Chemo changed me too. I dont have irritable bowel syndrome, but some days I sure feel like I have it. Sinice Im in and out of hospitals all day, there are 2 things I know how to locate and visit daily. The bathrooms and the gift shops!

I just checked out CherylG maps again. 239 hits - thats great. I was just watching the weather channel. Another storm is blasting Oklahoma and Missouri. Hoping our dear Susan, Cheri, and Liz are safe. Many have been without power for over a week now. And they are getting blasted again.

I think we need a new tent. A vacation tent. Palm trees, sand, swimming, and sitting by a pool having pretty blue drinks with little umbrellas. Oh and of course, pool boys! Good lookin pool boys.

Stay safe and warm today

Nicki
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited January 2007
    Morning everyone,

This is quick. Thanks for the laughs with the pictures. I've got one of my own to add. Thought we needed a drinking bar. Stay warm, stay safe. Lots of our sisters in our thoughts and prayers today.

Bar is open: (hope this works haven't done in long time and chemo brain kicked in)

Hugs, Brenda
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    LOL nikki, yes i do remember you now from chat!!!

here is our new vacation tent!!!!
    enjoy [image]http://image[/image]
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    I found our pool boys...enjoy
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    omg naniam those are funky toliets. hahahahahahahahah omg there bar chairs............. hahahahahahahahah i had to relook.....
    whooooooohooooooooo vickie i tried to find some pool boys by google and didnt see that one!!! mmmmmmm mmmm
    i can picture sitting pool side and having long island ice teas served to me......
    tracey
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    For those who can't tear themselves away from your computer and the internet:

• Naniam
    edited January 2007

Tracey, Glad you liked the bar chairs!!! My husband is doing his walk to relieve pain and I showed him my bar stools and then he saw the pool and the guys and he goes "what is that about" Hahaha

• snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    omg jas is ???? is that your office....
    hahahahahahahahaha good one!!!
    miss you girlfriend!

[image]http://image[/image]
    xxxxxxxxxx
    tracey
  • Naniam
    edited January 2007

Jasmine, I absolutely can't get used to the new name - slap me, this is just the answer that Tracey needs so she can eat her fast food - (not being mean or ugly Tracey) I think I am loopy from pain med - thanks for the laughs everyone!!!!! You're good.

• BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2007
    NS and Brenda

As a CG sister all I want to say is thank you!

And Furballs it will be!!!

Betty
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    ooooo...I am so freaking angry. This is totally off topic just looking for advice...MOMMA BEAR IS MAD!
    My daughter and her husband have seperated. She told him to leave and he did. Long story...he was just ignoring her and seeing a women he works with...now he's making like it's all my daughters fault...telling her that she wasn't happy with him etc etc (transferring his guilt to her)...She worships him...she is so totally devoted to him it's ridiculous. I am so very angry with him for hurting her so badly I could fly to Florida right now and smack him one. Anyho...I looked up his myspace account and he has his other girl listed there. I checked her account and she goes on and on about being such a great Christian...excuse me...she is destroying a marriage!!!! I sooo want to email her and ask her just wtf she's thinking. Do I budge out and leave it alone...oh I know your going to say yes but this is my daughter that I am so very worried about right now.
    Crap.
    To the deliverance tent with both of them!
    aaauuugggghhhh
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Hahahahaha omg Hahahahahaha. Well the bar is perfect, I just love those bar stools. The vacation tent is wonderful - and hmmmm - long island ice tea's, I do love them so. Tracey, so was it the pretty blue drinks with the umbrellas and pool boys that reminded you of me from chat? Just one though, just one. The pool boys - they are perfect. Ill have #1 serving me thank you.

A toilet, a computer, and a room. Hahahahahaha too funny.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Vickie: Oh my - I dont ever want to get mama bear upset! This is just awful news about your daughter. What is it with these guys anyways? Then try to make the women feel guilty or inadequate.

Did all this just go down? Sending lots of love to both you and your daughter. Give em heck!

Nicki
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Vickie
    Are you sure the other woman knows he's married??? Maybe he lied to her too. Remember Scott Peterson? His other woman had no idea.
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Oh and Suburban Energy has me on the verge of going postal. They called me yesterday and said "We just got an email from the main office that you want to cancel your account and get a refund of your money, is that true?"...aauuuggghhhh again. I cancelled my friggin account January 4th and they said I would have my money in 7 to 10 days. Well she said she would cancel it now and it would probably take closer to 14 days!!!!
    No word from the attorney generals office...great.
    Time to call the newspaper and get my sign up.
    Sorry ladies...just needed to vent.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
    Alwayshope...that's what I need for my office as I never seem to get away from it!!!
    You girls are on a roll with the pics...great fun.
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

She knows he's married...she has met my daughter and my daughter had invited her to go to Disney with her and her husband and my daughters husband said no...it would be to uncomfortable...that's when it all came out.

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Well, then rather confront this other woman, I would be more inclined to have a talk with her pastor or church leader about the situation.

• Naniam
    edited January 2007
    Vicki,

I've been where you are. My daughters hubby kept telling her she was getting fat (size 6 mind you was fat), couldn't manage money, and she worshiped him. He was working to force her to leave and even called me and talked about how bad things were; they weren't going to make it, she had changed. Dear God, I bit my tongue. Tammy came home later and she is a private person but I ask her. SHe didn't want to let me know and I told her what he had said. I'll never forget her words "then you know more than I do" and started to cry. I ask her then if there was someone else; the answer was no. I told her that I wasn't saying that he was physically involved with anyone else but I felt he was emotionally involved - I had been there. I remember her tears that Thanksgiving Day - he had moved into another bedroom and eventually left. He took the bed room suit, TV and she was sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Yes, I could have killed and I called one day before he moved out and he answered and as soon as I said his name that ?@?$?!?@?#?#?@ hung up. Wouldn't answer the phone after that but I left a message. I made lots of trips to Va after that and gave her money for a bedroom suit. Her confidence and self image were so shattered and her heart broken - THIS MOTHER COULD HAVE KILLED AT THAT POINT. I still get angry and upset and even though she has remarried (a good one) and has a beautiful daughter, I am still not sure how I would react if I saw this guy. Yes, there was another woman - didn't work out but she was there.

I feel for you and I feel for you daughter. I cried, she cried and I could have killed - don't hurt my kids!!!!!

He probably won't talk to you and if he does he will only argue with you and put your daughter down. It will only upset and anger you more. This is probably going to be one of the hardest times you have been through as a mom - the pain/suffering at any time by a child is hard - because you can't fix it; you can't mend a broken heart. You don't know how much to share with your child as it causes more pain and to have distance between you is awful. I feel for you. PM me if you need to talk. I know you are angry but no, don't try to talk some sense into him or tell him what you think - he will only upset you more.

Brenda
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    vickie ,,, thats really crappy
    i am so sorry to hear that... your poor daughter i feel bad for her!! its so upsetting to hear about cheating spouses... and the old term once a cheater always a cheater i firmly believe this...
    good luck to your daughter...
    i cant believe the horror stories about your propane company.... seems when you owe them they want it yesterday and if they owe you its not a big deal...come to the hoochie tent tonight!

hugssssssss
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Well I have spent more time on the computer today than ever on a Saturday morning. And now its afternoon. Great laughs and some sadness too. Especially about Vickies daughter.

I guess Im more anxious than I thought about those tumor markers. I get my results via email. My onc and I communicate all the time by email. Anyways, each time I turn on the computer it still says No Mail!

So I for sure will be checking in again, sooner than later.

Tracey: Can we have a hoochie party in the vacation tent tonight? Ill bring the booze.

Nicki
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    OK…Now I’m mad. I am SO sorry to post about this again…I broke my vow to stay off the computer this weekend because I needed to check and see how NS was…I was too worried to stay away.

I have NEVER said a WORD here to make anyone cry. I have not been mean or spiteful, I have been honest and shared how I felt. At the end of my post I said:

“All that being said, I certainly hope you don’t quit coming here. I have enjoyed your posts about things we do have in common, a love of crafts, a belief in prayer, and our families. I also think it is good for me to work on that little voice and tell it to shut up some times.

If we try, I think we can all understand that no mater what, we are all sisters. Not all of us will spend as much time talking to each person here. I will naturally “chat” more with the people I have learned to know and love over time. That doesn’t mean anyone should feel excluded. It is just the way the world works.”

HOW is that mean or excluding anyone? I am outspoken! I do not pull punches or try and fake anything, but I am not mean and I have NEVER tried to make anyone feel excluded or make them cry.

I just KNEW this was going to happen, and I KNEW I would end up mad, so I tried to stay away this weekend. I swore I would not continue to be involved, but when I was mentioned by name:

“ So tell nicki and ns and debc if their intent was to make me cry and feel bad, they succeeded. I won't post here if that is what you want.”

I couldn’t just leave it alone.

I am so sorry to continue the negative tone, but I had to reply. This is the last time I will mention this here. Everything else will be carried out via PM.

I love you all and this place mans the world to me. It has never been my intention to exclude anyone or to be mean or nasty. I am sorry if any of my words were interpreted that way.

Sheesh……
    Deb C
  • Biker54
    edited January 2007
    Vickie,

The news about your daughter just sucks! What the heck is going on here??? I understand your anger. I'd be ready to bite his head off myself.

I'll be in that vacation tent, too. I'll bring the Captain Morgan . The way the wind is blowing today, I'm more than ready to get out of here.

All the pics are great! Keep them coming.
  • Biker54
    edited January 2007
    Deb,

I never read anything that could be interpreted as mean. Your posts have always been funny and light-hearted. Don't worry, you didn't say anything wrong!!!
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    NS-

Jeannie posted a great post a few days ago about those dark moments in the night being opportunities to visit with God. It was a great post and I’m not doing it justice here. I just wanted to let you know I had one of those nights were I had lots of awake time. I spent a lot of that time praying for you and all our sisters here.

Fur balls, Fur Balls, FUR BALLS

Gentle Hugs
    Deb C