Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited April 2007

Dear CG's - thank you to everyone who worried about me. Thank you for caring. Tomorrow I see the PS for my one month post op. Saw the onc 1 1/2 weeks ago. Wishing everyone a feel good day. I will post more another time and update. Its late and I need to get to bed. Karen in Denver

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE
    "If you're going kill each other, do it outside - I
    just finished cleaning!"

My mother taught me RELIGION
    "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL
    "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you
    into the middle of next week!"

My mother taught me LOGIC
    "Because I said so, that's why."

My mother taught me FORESIGHT
    "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in
    an accident."

My mother taught me IRONY
    "Keep laughing and I'll give you something to cry
    about."

My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS
    "Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"

My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM
    "Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"

My mother taught me about STAMINA
    "You'll sit there 'til all that spinach is finished."

My mother taught me about WEATHER
    "It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

My mother taught me how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS
    "If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you;
    would you listen then?"

My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY
    "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times
    - Don't Exaggerate!!!"

My mother taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE
    "I brought you into this world, and I can take you
    out."

My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION
    "Stop acting like your father!"

My mother taught me about ENVY
    "There are millions of less fortunate children in this
    world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"
  • jankay
    edited April 2007

this brought back memories

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    Good morning ladies. Humm. Time certainly does get away from me on here. It really is morning. More morning some places than here.

I just wanted to say that it is good to belong here in the Circle, whether it is referred to as a "cult" or not. Which I find very funny. I'm not here because of any reason except it feels right to me. My niche. My friends. It is my haven when the world gets too big and scary. Gee, I could almost write a song, or a Hallmark Card. Didn't mean to get that carried away. Just glad to be here with people I can joke with that knows I'm joking. That support me when I'm worried, lol In the back of my mind I can almost hear, "Bridge over Troubled Waters" playing. HAHAHAHA I'll just say, I feel like I belong in the Circle of friends I have here.

Meaner than me, would you please just get well and come on out and play? We coulda had such fun tonight and been in soooo much trouble. haahaha

Sparky, how did your first chemo go? I didn't see that you'd posted anywhere...ahem...for a change! hahahaha Don't sweat the petty, small stuff sweet pea. You are so above public disputes just show your class not your....
    hahaha It's very late and I'm getting a little slap-happy. Silliness is just trying to ooze out of the tips of my fingers onto this keyboard! Ya know, whether you might hate it or not, I sometimes call you "Sparky" for a reason.

Wellll, I'd prbably just better hush. I'd like to say hey first to my friends, Vickie, Nicki, CY, Shokk, Janny, Iris, Denise, Tracey, Shel, Gina, SuzieQ, Margaret, MB, Colleen, Karen in Denver, Joyce, Jeannie, Betty, Boo, Gus, Ishop, Ginny, Jazmanian, Kristen, Michele, Sheri, Theresa, Tina, Jule, Amy, Iris, Jule, Anne, and my friend Shirley. I bet I've left out someone really important but sure cant think of who it'd be. My gosh, look at the number of girls we have regularly. Why, it's almost like a...."cult". HAHAHAH
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    Good morning sisters,
    Hmmm...so we have a cult huh? I was and am pretty wired about the other thread that was started and tried myself to stay away but couldn't. Hope that the entire thread is found by the moderators this morning and deleted. I really need to stick to this wonderful circle here and stay away from the others. Grrrr.
    If this is considered a cult then all I can say is I am happy to belong to it. I find this place to be the most loving place I can come to when I feel down or blue. Full of wonderful, compassionate, caring women. I truly don't understand why others can't see that. I know that we are large in number and that may be overwhelming to some but as large as we are...we always have room for more. It just makes for more love to go around. Circling the wagons is sometimes the only thing we can do to help one another...to make one another smile, feel loved, laugh, feel like someone is holding our hand. A love cult...nothing wrong with that. We aren't passing out poison laced koolaid!
    Cheri...well said and good morning sunshine sister...are you still up?
    Nicki...I know your out there! Sneakin up behind (or in front)of me.
    Jankay...I'm sorry you were feeling so discouraged. Stick with us and we'll do whatever you need us to to make you smile.
    Amy...awww...a new baby. What a wonderful surprise!
    Walking the perimeter this morning. Breakfast is cooking, coffee is brewing and the sun is coming up. Built up the fire and checking on all our girls in the center. Got Gina safely protected there from any hurt or heartache, Jankay is there and I'm giving her a hug, Madison too, all will be well.
    Gonna say hi to Tracey and hope you have a better day today.
    Shokk...are you safe and sound out there in the windy town!
    Iris...I think we need your alarm system hooked into the board to stop any meanness.
    Off to shower and head to work
    I love each and every one of you.
    I'll check back on my break or before I leave.
    Vickie
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited April 2007
    Good morning girls,
    I will try to catch up this weekend on the post.
    Karen-Good luck today.
    Nicky-How did you make out with your test?
    Denise,Vicky,Gina,Madison,Cheri,everyone I missed I am thinking of you all.
    I made out great at the onc and the BS Tuesday. I am NED!!! I'll write later.
    Take Care,
    Joyce
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2007
    OMG, it is too early to be up! Have I said before I hate dh's 6-3 shift? At least there is not a lot of traffic on the road.

Now, for an injection of humor. When Cheri said "cult" I thought Reverend Moon and then my mind wandered to Reverend Jim (remember "Taxi"?). So, maybe we can have Rev. Jim as our leader and of course we still have Capt. Jack, right? (A girl needs to feed a fantasy right? Jack, not Jim) I also posted there, not in support of any one person, but to try to make others see that we are all in this together against a disease not other people.

Morning to all who up early or never had gone to bed yet! I am out of coffee so hot tea will have to suffice. DS is not moving at all. Teenagers are so difficult to wake at this stage. I may even be persuaded to make him a fresh breakfast if he would even show some signs of life, even a small grunt would do, LOL.

My love for all of you knows no bounds. There are those who I am closer to than others but that is human nature. I will check in later.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007

Good Morning Everyone! OMG - This early bird didnt get the worm this morning. Hello to all my sunshine sisters.

Amy: My goodness, what a delightful story to wake up to and read. Although I must tell you - Distorted Humor is a bit jealous, knowing there is a new boy who might just capture Mazers heart!

Jankay: Sorry your feeling down. Parkinsons is a beast in itself. Hoping you are feeling better this morning.

Susan: Yes indeed, this is my safe place. My respite. Where I can come and say what I want and be supported by so many of you. Im hitting myself in the head. Why do I even venture out of the circle? I was an emotional wreck last night.

Karen: Its so good to read a post from you. Heard you got more snow! When will this crazy weather end?

Vickie: Im here. Its raining cats and dogs - so Im swimming around the perimiter instead of walking! Oh yeah and a bit of a hang over from last night.

Joyce: Im doing a dance just for you. Its wonderful to be NED.

• jankay
    edited April 2007
    see if u smile now!
    A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is during her menstrual cycle.
    >
    > For example:
    > If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features.
    >
    >
    > However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest while he is on fire.
    >
    >
    > No further studies are expected.
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2007
    Joyce, how did I miss your post? I guess while I was editing you were actually getting your post psoted. See, no coffee ergo no sense when typing.

So very happy to hear you are NED!!!! Do the happy dance with a great pair of shoes.
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited April 2007
    Morning girls. Jumped in shower first so I'm late in talking. About the "cult" I also have spent time with NBN and I knew she was having issues lately but didn't know who or why. I'm really sorry we're back to this crap again and things have been going so well on the boards lately.
    Tired, stayed up for Lost and have to go to work early today.
    Must call ps today to finish surgeries. Am very late because of my scare earlier this year.
    Janka....We're here for you...when you're down, think of us and Mazer behind you cheering you on.xoxo
    NS...thinking of you and mom. Have a good day.
    Love to all my sisters.xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning, Good Morning

Thursday (almost Friday)!!
    Who do we need the magic carpet for today? Oh, CY is having a CT scan. CY, we'll be there. Cheri, please get the bubble wrap. When we get Mazer I want to see Amy's new baby. Do you think we will have time to stop and pet the baby?
    NS...how are you? You know we love ya..sending hugs.
    Nicki-Good Morning sunshine sister
    JK, I sure do hope you are feeling better this morning-sending hugs your way.
    Beth, the greatest gift is when you children become adults and you are not their alarm clock any more!!!
    Cheri, yes-I did try to stay away from the "other" place..but I couldn't!!!
    Shokk, glad you made it through the storms...that particularly storm came through here last night.
    Mena, how are you?
    Deb, is your DD feeling better?
    Z, glad you joined us.
    Vickie-have you heard if DD will be able to visit? I know you miss her so very much.
    Karen, it is so good to see you post. We have all been worried and concerned.
    Joyce, hello, congratulations on being NED. Give our Kevin a great big hug from all of us.
    Puppy, I received your squares last night…you’ll see some of them in the current afghan being constructed. .thank you!!!
    Jan, you sound busy. Sometimes it is hard to juggle work, home and our board addiction. I think we should quick work, laundry, cooking, etc. and just visit.
    Susan, secret pals sounds like fun.
    Tracey, looks like you recovered from the birthday party. Have you posted pictures?
    Alwayshope, I agree that “hugs speak louder than words” .
    Ishop, let us know when the baby arrives.
    Lizws, ouch arthritis!! I have Degenerative arthritis and it does hurt.
    Theresa Good Morning
    Sue, Gus and all I missed, hello
    Have a great day, peace and hugs to all
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited April 2007
    Gm all...
    well the weather is grey and rainy here, but knowing I can come in and check on my friends makes my day...
    I want to say that you are all the best...
    hugs MB
  • jankay
    edited April 2007
    GM
    I WISH THINGS WERE BETTER BUT THEY ARE NOT. IKEEP HUNTING FUNNY JOKES HOPING I WILL SMILE TOO. MAYBE I CAN EXPLAIN LATER BUT NOT NOW I WILL CRY AGAIN..
    JANKAY
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning Friends,

Glad to see we all made it safely back to the Circle. I felt like a child that wondered out of site because of being curious...

I'm walking around doing a head count..want to make sure all the CG'S are back where they belong.

Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    I've come back home. I had to wander for a bit and post a final thought there...just couldn't help myself. I could have said much more but it would have been "not so nice" so I kept it as "adult" as possible.
    Staying "home" now!
    Joyce...the happy dance for you

Jankay...I'll see what I can find for you in a bit...
    gotta work or get in trouble...LOL
    I love ya all sisters!
    Vickie
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007

Jankay, don't cry.....remember we are holding your hand-the fires are lit and all your sisters are with you.

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited April 2007

This is address to Cheri, Vickie, Nicki, Cy, Madison, Denise,Beth, Alwayshope and Sige and to any other cgs that posted on that "other" thread.....I don't want to post there again.....I did just want to thank all of ya'll for not just standing up for NS but standing firm for the concept of this thread.....I don't understand exactly the difference about blogs, im, and all that stuff but I do know that if it weren't for bc.org and all of the threads because I read alot even though I don't usually post exept here unless I have had some experience for a newbie.......I would be so alone in this stupid journey that I have been drafted into....none of us want to be here because of bc it would have been nice if this "blog" had been conceived for another reason....we were all well and belong to some other web site....but we are here fighting for our lives.....trying to stay on step ahead of the "beast" and if it weren't for the support of all of us were would we be?????????? Each and everyone here and furture cg's I thank God everyday that I am a part of this wonderful circle.....God bless all of us...

• DragonladyTina
    DragonladyTina Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2007
    Hi Fellow culties

It is a sad day here for all the members of BC.org actually a sad couple of days with that other thread that has thrown us such a curve. Dirty laundry should be washed in private not thrown out there for public consumption. I don't know what's going on and quite honestly I am afraid to know any more than I already do. It has unsettled me and that does not happen very often. I hope everyone is well.
    Damn...that little donkey is cute, I would love to have that little donkey at my house.
    Weird things have happened at my house in the last few days actually, involving a donkey of all things! A planter made out of wood in the shape of a donkey and cart with a rider on the back of the donkey was left on my front porch the other night, no one knows by who or why or when.
    The other morning I was leaving for work and I noticed a beautiful plant had been put in the planter along with 2 other potted plants on the porch steps. There was also a ceramic dog in the grass and 2 stuffed animals next to the planters....again no one knows anything

Very weird, either someone loves us anonymously or it is a prank of some kind.

Stay tuned.........

love to all, Tina
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    ROFLMBO...CULTIE!!! HEEHEE...I LOVE IT!!!
    Welcome all to the love and care cult!

Tina...hmm...that is interesting. A mystery to solve. Sounds like someone cares very much.
    Shokk...yup...God bless us all.

Jankay...watch this!!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bhcA4Ry65FU

I about spit my water all over my computer!
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Hey...I brought the kool aid!

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning ladies. Needing to Feel the Love this morning. Not sure what is going on elsewhere but it makes me sad none the less. Had a crummy night. Hubby up for most of it. Which means I was up for most of it too. He is in a whole lot of pain. His problem is he takes large doses of vicodin daily for some other issues so the meds the doc gave him aren't doing any good. Supposed to go in today to have the pump thingy removed. I'm sure doc will get an earful at that time. Hubby called him yesterday and never got a call back. He is beyond annoyed and incredibly crabby.
    Gonna try to go back and catch up a bit.

Amy that baby is just to pickin cute. I don't want one but I do want to come cuddle with yours.

Shokk, "maybe ya'll will catch me wading through waist high water with an umbrella looking for my kinfolk...."
    That is soooooo not funny....so why am I laughing? Thanks for the smile. Hope all the nasties bypassed everyone and everything.

Deb, great big hugs for you my dear.

Denise, what exactly did you buy that you are living in fear of the Visa bill?
    My advice.....Just smile and say "yes dear". He'll get over it.

Cheri, any news yet? reading on to find out.

Anne, I'm no expert but I do believe it would take a WHOLE LOT of cancer to show up on a plain xray. And what the hell was that doctor thinking calling her when she is out of town. Geez. Some doctors are just stupid....lets throw rocks at them.

Susan, don't know how I missed a Secret Pal announcement....count me in.
    Your right, no internet would be BADDDDDDDD Ok I'll let him live. But if he snaps at me one more time I might just duct tape his mouth shut.

Amy congrats on being an uncle as well as a new mom.

Sue, congrats to you and daughter as well.

Jankay, huge hugs to you. I do hope you are feeling better this morning. Thanks for the update on Rita.

Karen, very good to see your name this morning.

Cheri, were in a cult??? O crap I hate koolaid.

Beth, a glass of cold water over the head gets a teenager moving in no time.

Joyce, happy dancing with you.

Liz, wouldn't it be grand if they wrote those darn reports in english.

Tina, presents left on your porch is a lovely prank. Me thinks you have an admirer.

Off to make the man person some food. Have consult with dentist today. Gonna find out just how much my nasty teeth are gonna cost me I guess. Hubby has appt this afternoon to take out the pain pump thingy. I think tomorrow I might get to sleep. See you all later.
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
    O MY GOSH VICKI, where do you find this stuff
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Hey Shirley!!! We are bad girls at work and pass all kind of emails around...never know what your going to open LOL! Don't those two act like typical brothers! Hope it brings Jankay a smile.

Hey...Jasmine brought the koolaid!!! Nothin bad in it though...well maybe a little vodka heehee.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007

I just called the dr.s office ready to do battle over them getting my CT results. They had them. Girls, they found what they think is a cyst, could be a tumor. They want to do an MRI but then I have all this metal in me from my car wreck so she has to call me back to see if they can do it or not. I'm stunned. I honestly never dreamed there was 'anything' up there. Oh my. OMG. Right here so close to surgery time on my ankle. WTF!!How can this be happening?? This can't be real. They found something on my brain.!? It's pressing on some nerves apparently..........................oh no,,oh no no no no no no no no no no no nonononoooooooooooooooooo

• newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Has anyone heard from Gina on her first chemo?
    Gina dear...if your lurking know that you are in our hearts and thoughts.
    Love ya dear girl.

Love ya all!
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    OMG Cheri! Big hugs. There has to be someway to do a mri for you.

Vickie, Gina responded to Lilia on the other thread. She did it in a very classy way too!
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Oh Cheri...I'm sorry and sending you a big hug. Praying it's a cyst. Take a deep breath and try to be calm if you can. As long as they aren't sure then we can still assume it is nothing to worry about...I know...easier said than done.
    crummy buttons...this has been a sucky week!
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Jasmine...just read Gina's response...she's being much nicer than I would have been. Kudo's to her is right. A word of advice...don't go back there if you can help it as I don't like what is still being posted. It is just getting nastier and nastier.
    I think we all need, at this time, to stay here in our circle cult and take care of our own and anyone new who wants to join us. We have offered many invitations to join and are a wonderful bunch...
    Cheri bug...plunkin your butt in the middle of the circle...what would you like...just name it.
    Love to all
    Vickie