Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007
    Shokk! Having a bad hair day are ya? I can so relate.

Nicki
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited April 2007
    omg nikki i love that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahahahahahahahahahah
    love it girlfriend!
    tracey
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    I was cleaning out my emails and thought this would be useful.

These are some wonderful suggestions from cooking to gardening. Hope you enjoy them.

Reheat Pizza:
    Heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to
    medium low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy.
    No soggy microwave pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.
    Mona, Orlando, FL

Easy Deviled Eggs:
    Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up.
    Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly,
    cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg.
    Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.
    Janet, Killeen, TX

Expanding Frosting:
    When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size.You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar/calories per serving.
    Kathy, Mesick, MI

Reheating refrigerated bread:
    To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.
    Dave, Camden, DE

Newspaper weeds away:
    Start putting in your plants,work the nutrients in your soil.
    Wet newspapers put layers around the plants overlapping as you go,
    cover with mulch and forget about weeds . Weeds will get through some
    gardening plastic they will not get through wet newspapers.
    Linda, Monmouth Jct., NJ

Broken Glass:
    Use a dry cotton ball to pick up little broken glass pieces of glass,
    the fibers catch ones you can't see!
    Olive, Santee, CA

No More Mosquitoes:
    Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.
    Diane, Moran, SC

Squirrel Away:
    To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the squirrels won't
    come near it.
    Kathy, Maumelle, AR

MINE:
    If you purchase a new bike for your child, place their picture inside the handle bar before placing the grips on. If the bike is stolen and later recovered, remove the grip and there is your proof who owns the bike.
    Janet, Carthage, IL

Flexible vacuum:
    To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacumn. It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.
    Donna, Anderson, SC

Reducing Static Cling:
    Pin a small safety pin to the sea m of your slip and you will not have
    a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when
    wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and "voila" static is gone.
    Pam, Maple Rapids, NH

Measuring Cups:
    Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry the cup.
    Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it
    comes right out.
    Kim, Goldsboro, NC

Foggy Windshield:
    Hate foggy windshields?
    Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car.
    When the windows fog, rub with the eraser!
    Works better than a cloth!
    Alicia, Tampa, FL

Reopening envelope:
    If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two.
    "Voila!" It unseals easily.
    Mary, Lockhart, TX

Conditioner:
    Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's a lot cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair...
    Kerry, Canada,

Goodbye Fruit Flies:
    To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2" with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dishwashing liquid, mix well.
    You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
    Barbra, Birch Run, MI

Get Rid of Ants:
    Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants.
    They eat it, take it "home," & can't digest it so it kills them.
    It may take a week or so, esp. if it rains, but it works & you don't
    have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!
    Teresa, Mitchell, SD

Take baby powder to the beach:
    Keep a small bottle of baby powder in your beach bag. When your
    ready to leave the beach sprinkl e yourself and kids with the
    powder and the sand will slide right off your skin.

Joe & Carol Florimonte's Web Sites:
    www.Florimonte.com
    JCFlorimonte@earthlink.net
    http://Rusty.Florimonte.com
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited April 2007

thanks jankay, these are great tips. i like the one about hair conditioner. and cayenne pepper and squirrels. we have squirrels all over the place. sometimes it seems like they are laughing at my dog who barks her fool head off

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning dears. Another night on the couch. My back is killing me. Whine whine whine. All will be well when I visit Mrs Hippy Magicfingers on thursday. Have my appt for brca test on May 11. Lady said I will meet with onc and counselor first, then blood draw. Gives me an excuse to go to the Bay Area and smooze with my cousin for a day or so.

Nicki, I'm happy you had an easy day at work. Have fun planting flowers today.

Liz $200!! WOW!!
    Don't wait to have your shoulder repaired. Doc said part of the problem was hubby waited so long.

Cheri got an afgan. Very very cool.

Sheri, yehaw for Jacobs biopsy and normal blood counts. As for going to Ecuador? Hmmmm haven't a clue, but I bet he will make memories for a lifetime when he goes.

Shel, hope you had a grand time last night. I wish I had a blankie.

Gus/Sue, Disney? The happiest place on earth. How was Mickey. I worked for him when I was in high school. Haven't seen him in years.

Vicki, hope you got your house clean so you can play today.

Brenda, Captain Crunch? ewwwww....feed those boys brocolli.

Socal, yep so he tells us. Moving to a friends couch. Not a very smart plan to me but at least I'll have the room back. His friend lives about 5 minutes from where the kid is working now. We are 30 minutes away. Cost of gas is eating him alive.

Cy, I agree with Deb. NO ONE can dx cancer from a scan. Reading on I see your not telling your husband either. Hon I understand about not wanting to upset your daughter but please tell your husband. You need someone to help you thru this and even tho I'm sure you know each of us is here for you cyberlove just isn't the same at times.
    I am praying frevently for you.

Cheri, yep thats it. Lucky me indeed. You are very welcome about the brain cell reminder. You my dear also have my unceasing prayers. Congrats on day 17.

Robin, I love pickles.

Colleen, 4 11 year olds. Yikes! I'm praying for your house.
    Attic noises usually equals rodents of some sort, or poltergeists.

Jankay, hahahhahahhahahhahah

Shokk, sounds very noisy. My advice, ear plugs. If my back continues to ache I might just snag a pill or two.

NS, gentle hugs and many prayers for you.

Brenda, puberty at 10. Yowsers.

LisaE, I wanna read the lyrics to your song.
    How very scary that must have been for you. Praise the Lord for yard sales and habits.

Laura, WOW and congrats for you daughter. Proud mommy moment indeed.

Nicki, I sometimes get directed to the first page. One of these days I'm gonna read all 400+ pages.

Vicki, hope Nate is feeling better this morning.

Good morning to each and everyone not mentioned by name. May you have a beautiful day.
    Have to go feed the man person. See you all later.
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited April 2007
    Lisa:I hope you have a great time going to yard sales.When jasmine was young i always got her up at 5am also to go with me.I remember once she had been up late and I hated to get her up so I left her sleeping.well a few hours later she called me and let me have it for not getting her up so i never did that anymore.She and i wanted to go today but it is dark and rainy looking here and supposed to come thurnder storms and I had chemo yesterday and dont feel so good today.I cant wait till this chemo is over.I am so sick of it.It has went on to long.But then the closer I listen to my onc i dont know if it will ever be over except if I stop it.

Let me know what goodies you get.

talk to everyone later.Noelle is wearing big girl panties during the day now.Thats the new news from the Robin's nest.
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited April 2007
    Robin's nest, i like that! And Noelle is wearing big panties and Brenda's GS is in puberty.

I'm having to work a lot right now. PT is fine. My knees hurt, what's new. I curled up with my afghan last night and slept.

Cheryl, I am stunned and sad. I hate that you have to go through this. You sound so calm. I'm holding your hand and praying for you. Whatever you decide to do about your daughter will be the right decision. You are a special person to me. See you at Pinkstock!!!

Cheri, if you need anything (someone to take that cigarette out of your hands) give me a call. It's so hard to sit and wait. Are you getting lots of crocheting done or are the grand kids keeping you busy.

Mena, good to see you.

NS, hang in there. we know how hard it is.

Gus/Sue I love dland. i go there once a year. It's real life and this is the fantasy.

there are many more i want to mention something to, my brain just won't hold onto it.

Zaz where was the picture for your avitar taken? What's the bridge. I use to live in California. LA, Santa Barbara, Cupertino and Santa Rosa.

I will put together a Not-so-secret pal list and start a new thread for all those who said they were interested some time this weekend.

cheers, love ya all.
    s.
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Another slow morning for me! Getting to be quite a habit! I logged on at 9a and got side tracked a couple of times....Now my itsy bitsy brain has forgotten so much of what it wanted to say.

Most importanly: Good morning to all..prayers, hugs, thoughts and a good day to all of my friends!

Isn't that just like Cheri? Going through a very scary time right now and she is on her consoling Cy! Something special about that girl!

Vickie: The mystery illness....gotta love em. I used to think it was the school making my kids sick, cuz they always perked up when I got them home!

Madison: I was thinking about your B9 biopsy and I don't remember when it is...let me know.

Sheri: I'm glad Jacobs biopsy came back benign!!

Beth: Must have been some party! BBB...........good luck!

NS: G, sorry you're not up to par...whatever that may be. Take it easy and hopefully you have someone near by that can give you some TLC.

Brenda: Love your GS puberty story!! And yes, it did put a smile on my face!!

Robin: Noelle is wearing Big Girl Panties!! Being a Grandma is so special...
    Listen up, your Onc. was wrong about longevity when you started the liver mets ordeal. You have just about licked it, stay strong.. Besides, you and Max have just begun your new relationship!!!!!

Nicki: I love seeing your pics every morning and evening!
    I actually laughed out loud (rarely happens) with your "looking for Iris" pic! Enjoy your day planting flowers. How nice to plant some for our girls in the center of the circle this weekend. You're so sweet!

Vickie: Gotta tell ya that I love all the angel pics you send us!! I'm a big Angel person!!
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Note to self.....do not hit the continue button in the middle of a post!

Laura: Congrats to your DD! Of course you are a proud MaMa!!

JanKay: You sound a bit down. Wish I could wave a magic wand and make things better. Hang in there dear, change a few more things around in the house and get the caregiver in a uproar!

Z: I really enjoy reading your posts! You are very good with words........sorry you had to, but glad you joined our Circle!

Sunshinelite: God lives Under the Bed. Very, Very good.

Gus/Sue: I forgot too..Glad you had a good time in Disney and that you made it home safely!

Lisa: Your Story about the D&C ....how sad. And truly I say, "Thank God."

Liz: $200 eh? Are you going back after the car today?

Shel: Thumb Sucking.........I sucked and twisted my hair at the same time! And to think that now a days I can't walk and talk at the same time!!

Shokk: I'm hearing about the wonderful breakfasts and I had my yummy MWL Shake! Hope your weather is good this weekend and we can keep you out of the closet!

Shirley: Brca test scheduled..One more thing you can cross off the list.
    Mrs. Hippy Magicfingers..love that name. Come on Thursday! How's your sanity doing with a sick, whiney DH recouping? Hope he's feeling better soon.
    Visa Bill: It's not that I bought anything. I joined a Medical Weight Loss program. It was a bit hefty in price. Or maybe a lot hefty! Anyhow, I thought about it for about 30 seconds and whipped out the Visa and signed up. Decided it was a Omen....Price was hefty and I'm hefty........I wouldn't tell DH how much it cost. So I was having a count down till it (visa) arrived!

Everyone in the center of the circle seem to be enjoying. I saw some laughing and playing when I peeked in. That's a good sign!

Tracey, Jan, Alwayshope and all others...have a good one!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • jankay
    edited April 2007
    for information only and those who do not know
    jankay
    sunshinelite
    jk
    are the same person

sunshine is a nickname one of my nurses gave me because i smiled all the time
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited April 2007
    Well I tried to sleep in this morning but was awake at 6. Got up and tooka pain med at 8 and thought it will put me back to sleep... not a chance so I got on here. Been reading ever since!
    Hubby figured out I wasn't in bed and wanted to know if he should get up an make me breakfast! He really is so good to me. He's usually up at 4am but tries to sleep in on Sat. He usually wakes me up with breakfast. so my being up before him worries him.
    I told him I couldn't sleep cause I'm worried about our dear Cheri and I am! I see that you, Cheri are fighting hard! I know it's tough but you keep fighting it will be so worth it oce you don't have all those cravings. I can't believe you Dr. is out til Wed and didn't set you up with someone else before he left. that's just wrong. I am praying so hard that you win this battle over the nicotine and that the cyst will go away and leave you alone. We need you strong and fiesty as ever!

Vicie, I love the Morning Angel she's beaytiful!

My head feels so wierd when I take percocet I hate it! Escpecially when I don't feel the affects of it for an our or so after taking it sometimes.

Have to go check on the cats. be back later
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007
    Good Afternoon All!

Just dropping in to say hi! I'm airing out my wagon today. Looks like it needs some new curtains, too. I need to gather a lot of firewood, since we have so many in the inner circle needing to keep warm. I see that Cheri has her beautiful new afgan wrapped around her and she is staying ciggy-free!

This is for all who need a hug today! CY, Cheri, NS, Robin, Mena, JanKay all our sisters going thru hard times right now.

I'll be back later!
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2007
    Passing out hugs. I have a writing deadline today and then I am out the door for our relay fund raiser. I'm wearing my circle girl pin today and every time I feel it I say a little prayer...

Love Ya's
    Deb C
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited April 2007
    This thought came to me as I was reading, it's a song we sang in Girl Scouts....

Make new friends but keep the old
    one is Silver and the other Gold!

I'm so rich with all the friends I've met on here!
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007

CY, I remember singing that song also! It is very appropriate for here!

• jankay
    edited April 2007
    AMEN

CY
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    Afernoon sweet sisters,
    Made it back from the mad grocery shopping trip. Tired me out. When does this exhaustion go away! I hate being tired every afternoon. Try to eat high energy foods, vitamins, fruit...no luck...still need a nap...geez.
    It's actually a good day for a nap, rainy, gray, dismal and chilly outside.
    Bought myself a new pair of sneakers!! Woohoo...I feel like a little kid at Christmas. We splurged and bought the movie "Night at the Museum" so we are going to watch that later.
    Went to Micheals...ok...I didn't buy yarn! I actually only got stuff for Nathaniel. They had a really neat clay kit to make clay animals and a bunch of dollar crafts. He loves to make things for people. I thought about getting paints but don't think I can paint yet.
    It looks like a biker girl party in the cyber party thread...lets all go be bad girls for the weekend and get our minds off all the sad and bad.
    Hi Deb...Bye Deb...can I have some of your energy?
    CY, Cheri, Mena, Robin, Lisa, Liz, Susan, Madison, Iris, Karenindenver, Shel, Shokk, Jasmine, Gina, Nicki, Beth, Colleen, Brenda, Sheri, Z, oh...everyone!!! I love ya all...gonna sneak a quick nap on the couch while Nate is busy with his crafts.
    Later alligators
    Love
    Vickie
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    Hi girls, I need to read and catch up and I'll be back.

Hugs
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007
    Afternoon All,
    I am cleaning out my wagon also....gee it sure does need a cleaning..even got the carpet shampoo machine out of the closet....biopsy is Monday soooo, I figure clean now (just in case I'm sore)....
    Great big hugs to all...you are never far from my heart or thoughts
    Madison
  • RobinTN
    edited April 2007
    Adrionna:I agree with you,I have a long life ahead and I am starting to pray for NED,would my prayer buddies stand in agreement with me?If we all are send praying,healing light,whatever up it will come to pass.I dont think God is ready for me yet.and Max and I have only just begun.He is much better than any man I have ever know.

Lisa:I should have came to your house this am and had breakfast then went "saling"as I call it.Maybe we can do that some sat.You can take me around your town and next time I will take you around mine and we both will see some differnt sites.Would you pm me your cell number i have missed placed and i have been wanting to call you for several weeks.

Beth:dont be a stranger call when ever you want.we got lots more to talk about.

Vicki:Take a nap as long as you need it.My trouble i stay so tired when I lie down say at 2pm I end up sleeping until the next morning.That aint normal.WHen I sleep I dont have to think though.

talk to all you fine ladies later.When karen gets home I am going to do some sewing.I got the pretties pattern for noelle which will fit tesla also and got the fabric to make them both an outfit.wont take me long if i dont have to watch the kids.Gonna get my sewing caught up then gonna work on my embroidery machine and try once again to figure it out.I bought an applique at wm yesterday and it was almost 7.00 that is rediculous.So i am gonna learn to make my own for about 1.00 workth of thread.It eases my mind to keep my hands busy.
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited April 2007
    Hi Girls,
    I have to go back and read the posts. So many to go through. I did see that Cheri,Mena and CY are having some problems. My Prayers are with you. Everything on my end of the globe is going well for a change. My DH and I are on day 3 of WW. Not bad,we are also walking 4 times a week. My legs are killing me but I am not confessing that to him! Kevin is doing ok the arm is starting to get better. We are still on the calender for 6/20 for the heart surgery. I can't wait till it is over.I want you all to know I am thinking of you everyday. Beth good luck with your surgery. Call me when you can. I agree,why the SNB removed? I wouldn't do it but that is me.Take care everyone I have to go get my son Sean from work.
    Joyce
  • zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited April 2007

Hey Girls - wow, I need to read for a bit and see what's happening. You'll be hearing from me in a bit. Went to Drs this morning for Pap and Mam, results next week sometime. Also, I have a bruised rotator cuff and will get a steroid shot on Thursday. Fun, fun! Hope you all have a great and beautiful day.

• RobinTN
    edited April 2007
    I just thought of some sisters I have not seen posting lately.Has anyone heard from CSP and her sister DENISA?
    They are such great gals also.Hope all is well with them
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007
    Good Afternoon: Wow, lots of posts since I was on this morning. Well out an bought more flowers. Have 90 to plant. Have already planted 18 and Im on my second break.

Its a beautiful day here in Chicago.

Susan: I swear the squirrels in my yard tease my dog! They even walk outside my pation door when he is laying in that area.

This is gonna be sort of an in and out day. Back to work.

Nicki
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2007
    OMG over 200 posts since I was here yesterday!!!
    Nicki, tgirl, Shirley, Vickie, Jan, Liz, Cheri, NS, and anyone else who I missed. Thank you so much for understanding and responding to my post yesterday. Thank you for reminding me that I am welcome and cared about here.I can't post nearly as often as I like but do know I think about all the CG's every day. I was just a bit freaked.
    CY - I am so sorry you have this new worry. Please know that your in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cheri - I am so proud of you for staying so strong. Praying for you.
    NS - 1 chemo down - yippee
    Hugs to all,
    Sue
  • zazette15
    edited April 2007
    CY-I'm Here for You
    I Will Be Your Friend
    My friend when inside you are hurting and only I know
    I wish the forces of nature were at my command
    I would reverse time and make you smile

when deep inside you a storm is raging
    and your soul is but a boat upon the lonely seas
    I want to calm the waves and bring you home

I am always here if you need me to cry with you if you need me
    to laugh with you to pray with you
    to run with you to live life with you
    You are my friend I will never leave you.
  • zazette15
    edited April 2007
    To all the CG's: I found this wonderful piece to express how I feel about all of you Real People:

Real People
    Who are REAL people? Those you can touch? Those you can love? Those you can trust? Those who understand? Those you can hold?

For I've been told that REAL people Are not "here". The people "here" are mere phantoms... Nothing more than figments of my imagination, Brought to life on this flickering screen. But....are they?

I've reached out.... In times of trouble.... In times of hurt.... In times of joy... And "they" WERE here!

Perhaps I couldn't physically touch them.... Or physically feel the warmth and comfort of their embrace. Nonetheless, their presence was with me.... Holding me.... Soothing me.... Helping me.... Showing me true love, friendship and caring.

And the supposed REAL people? Where are they? Where is their call? Where is their solace? It has been sadly lacking.

So, to all the "not so real people" here.... YOU are the REAL ones in life! YOU are the ones with hearts as big as Mother Earth. YOU ARE ALWAYS HERE I celebrate your presence I relish and cherish the connections of mind and heart. And I KNOW now....YOU ARE REAL!

By Anne M. DeVille March 10, 1998

Cheri - your bravery is inspiring and you are so strong, keep it up, peace will find and keep you. And so will we.
  • zazette15
    edited April 2007

My avatar is a picture of me on a boat in the San Francisco Bay right in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was there on vacation in 2006 right before my dx. Cannot wait to go again.

• zazette15
    edited April 2007

I am with you on the car thing, my water pump went out yesterday and man, I was pissed - what else?! Anyway, no worries, getting fixed right now - will be back on the road soon. Take care.

• jagsfan
    jagsfan Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2007

i haventmetyou yet,zazette,so let meintroducemyself. mynameisnorma(jagsfan)and i just hadto let youknow how eloquent yourwords are, i wish i hadthat gift. mostly i justeavesdrop butsometime certainposts makeme respond asyours do.