Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007
    Jagsfan:

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007
    Ok! This gardening is hard work. Too darn old to be on my knees for that long of a time.

But its a fantastic day. While Im taking breaks Im watching the NFL draft. Love to see what teams pick who.

Nicki
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    Now maybe everybody will laugh at this
    janice-sunshinelite-jankay-jk

Never thought of a "washer" in this light before..what a blessing!

'Washing Clothes Recipe' -- imagine having a recipe for this ! ! !

Years ago an

Alabama grandmother gave the new bride the following recipe:

This is an exact copy as written and found in an old scrapbook - with spelling errors and all.

WASHING CLOTHES

Build fire in backyard to heat kettle of rain water. Set tubs so smoke wont blow in eyes if wind is pert. Shave one hole cake of lie soap in boilin water.

Sort things, make 3 piles
    1 pile white,
    1 pile colored,
    1 pile work britches and rags.

To make starch, stir flour in cool water to smooth, then thin down with boiling water.

Take white things, rub dirty spots on board, scrub hard, and boil, then rub colored don't boil just wrench and starch.

Take things out of kettle with broom stick handle, then wrench, and starch.

Hang old rags on fence.

Spread tea towels on grass.

Pore wrench water in flower bed. Scrub porch with hot soapy water. Turn tubs upside down.

Go put on clean dress, smooth hair with hair combs. Brew cup of tea, sit and rock a spell and count your blessings.
    ================================================
    Paste this over your washer and dryer. Next time when you think things are bleak, read it again, kiss that washing machine and dryer, and give thanks. First thing each morning you should run and hug your washer and dryer, also your toilet---those two-holers used to get mighty cold!

For you non-southerners -wrench means rinse.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    geez...just lost my whole post...aauugghh

Z...I so love your words and posts. Real people...wow. Thank you.

Welcome Jagsfan...pull up a chair by the fire and join us. A great bunch of ladies "live" here.

Jankay...I'm so loving your posts. Boy am I thankful for my washer and dryer! Especially thankful for the toilet and shower too! Wintertime trekks to the two holer don't sound like fun to me!

Nicki...planting flowers...lucky you. We did get some seeds today but still to cold. Hopefully it will warm up next week and give us some sunshine.

Robin...no hope of a nap...phones been ringin off the wall...oh well. Think I'll do some baking and crocheting.

Love ya all and I'll be back
    Vickie
  • zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited April 2007

It's great to meet you jagsfan! I'm new, but I feel so much a part of you all here. I thank you for the compliments and I look forward to hearing from you more.

• RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited April 2007
    JF:I was raised by a grandmother and great grandmother and for years that is exactly how we did our laundry.Except they forgot to catch rain water in tubs to wash clothes in.We also make lye soap and used those to make clothes white.Boy am i getting old.

Vicki:I am gonna try a nap,I feel like crap today,guess the chemo is working on me.

WELCOME:Jagsfan.You cant be among a better group of ladies.
  • zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited April 2007

Robin: Sorry the chemo is getting to you today, I hope your nap is 100% restorative! I think I am going to join you in nap mode - was up early to go to dr. a little pooped right now. Happy Nap!

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Yikes Z. I had to replace my water pump last year and it was over $500. I kid you not! I love the poem about 'Real People'. I've actually met some of my cyber breast sisters so I know they are real and caring people.

Robin, I've been out scouting the woods today and I think I found a good spot to bury EVIL. Let me know. ROFL!
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Just another Quickie! I've started a dozen things today, and haven't finished any.......The New Me!

Nicki: Of course you are to old to spend so much time on your knees.........I tell my DH that all the time!

Alwayshope and Robin: Yea.........alwayshope found the perfect spot. Bye Bye Evil!

Z: I can tell you are a special person. It shows in all your posts. What a beautiful piece about "real people."

jagsfan: Come on in! We are really a fun, dysfunctional family!!

Vickie: Slow down..........geez you make me look bad! Cleaning, cooking, crocheting. By the way, how is your neighbor doing? Also, how's Baby Derrick?

Madison: Thanks for letting us know when the B9 biopsy is. The magic carpet will be picking alot of us up. Umm, Cheri, are you still driving?

Be back this evening...I hope.

Tomorrow is GD 3rd Birthday!!!!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Hi Jagsfan and Newter. Welcome to the Circle.

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007

must be clean the wagons day. kitchen done, bathrooms done, sheets changed, laundry almost done, car washed, bills paids. gonna "help" the kid and pack up his stuff. aren't I a nice mommy?

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    No cleaning here - I did plant some flowers. I need to go buy more tomorrow though. I'm grilling some shrimp kabobs and veggies for a late lunch/early dinner. No I didn't go try to win the car yet. We still have time though. The drawing isn't until 10. Geez - wonder if I can go in my jammies?

Hugs
    Liz
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited April 2007
    Hi Girls

As usual, I'm behind on posts, but having a fun, busy weekend. Rented Lost in Translation (Bill Murray) for myself tonight (Warren is having a friend over) as I'm still trying to keep myself as booked as possible - even if it's just with a TV!!

I hope to catch up tomorrow, thanks to everyone who confirmed my fears - critter noises = something in the attic! Will have to call ASAP (thought didn't hear noises last night...)

Hugs to all of you, and for no particular reason just wanted to tell Denise (Adrionna) that I alwasy love your posts!

That doesn't mean I don't love ALL of your posts of course! LOL Just for some reason Denise's really long, 2 part posts always make me smile!!
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited April 2007
    Had a wonderful talk with our dear sweet Gina, She's such a sweetie! She's tired and sore from the chemo and nuelasta? Any one else do those shots?
    It was really nice to talk with her.

Welcome Jagsfan, pull up a seat and sit a spell!

Z you have a way with words!

For those that are new please consider coming to Pinkstock in Aug. We would love to meet tou in person!

Well I managed to go to the laundry mat to use the BIG washers so get my comforter and pillows washed! My washer just can't handle them! (it's over 21 years old!)
    I was washing things by hand prior to that in the bath tub! Glad I have a washer now and can afford to use the big washers every once in awhile to to the comfortors and pillows. Hated washing those my hand before!

Nicki you want to come clean my garden out too! it really needs it!
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
  • b445
    edited April 2007

Wow Beautiful Wreath and even prettier lady!

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    Hi all...slowed down...lazy day. Have been watching "Night at the Museum" with Nathaniel and crocheting. Making banana and pumpkin bread and mac and cheese (the homemade kind which I love!)everyone is welcome to come on over and we'll watch it again, eat dinner then popcorn or ice cream...hmmm...maybe I'll make a cake. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Got some wine in the fridge from my sis and we could really have a ball. Pajama party style!!!
    Denise
    I talked to baby Derricks mom twice today and she is trying to send me pictures. She is begging me to come tomorrow and see him so he knows me so I can take him whenever I want and return him whenever I want...hmmm...me thinks I may not return him LOL.
    Neighbor is home but she is weak. Doesn't sound good at all and I'm really worried about her. She's tough though and has good doctors, she just trys to do to much. Her son is in Florida and I'm thinking of calling him and telling him he needs to come visit as he is all she talks about...always thinkin he's on his way any day to visit. She's been waiting for two months now and he keeps putting it off.

Liz..go in your jammmies!!! I got a good feeling...you gotta go...live it up girl.

Oh Shirley...ROFLMBO...what a good mommy you are.

Jasmine...I've got a shovel LOL
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2007
    Hi gals! welcome to all of th enew ladies!

Just a quickie...

Jankay, the name of the company on the hanlde says
    handybar.com

Hope that helps. I cannot seem to get a call back from mom's PT guy. Maybe he is away. She hasn't seenhim either.

Gotta run...dh is making me clean, well, I am helping outside. Walmart run, cook dinner then I will be back.

Love you all!
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2007
    You girls are making me tired with how busy and energetic you all are! I had plans to clean out a couple of closets today. No such luck. Did a couple of loads of laundry and took off to the park. I think I even snoozed a little while laying down on the grass with a book under my head. My idea of a good time.

Vickie, I have Night at the Museum to watch tonight, too. My second favorite thing, a movie and knitting. Talking to all of you is of course number one!

Thanks for all of your kind words for Jacob. It's been such a relief. His trip to Ecuador is supposed to be a job. The whole thing makes me nervous, but he's 20, so what can I say?

After the park we went out to dinner at my dh's restaurant and then I took the boys to get their hair cut. Joe, 15, surprised me by getting his long hair buzzed! He says it gets in his eyes while bowling. He always wore it buzzed until this year. I think he's trying to get back into my good graces. We went through such a bad time with him a couple of weeks ago. Now that we are home schooling he's like another person, more like the kid I used to know. High school puts so much pressure on some kids, it's hard to understand and lots of people think I've just enabled him by pulling him out, but I have to do what I think is best for my child. He still wants to attend the high school my private school is starting this fall. He went there until 8th grade and has been wishing it kept going. He'll lose a year, but again, I think it's worth it.

I love you all! Thanks for listening without judging. It is so wonderful.
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

I hated high school. It was pure torture. However, college was a ton of fun!

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited April 2007
    image {{{BETH}}}thank you For the phone call and making me smile, and laugh! Your Sister, Puppy
  • newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited April 2007
    Okay, I am not sure how to start so I guess I will introduce myself.

My name is Lorene and I am 43 years old. I was dx January 06 Stage 2, and finished treatment January 07. I had some very frustrating delays.

I have 2 young children, daughter 7 and son 5. I work full time and I apparently visit BCO full time. I do have a husband who thinks I am crazy to spend so much time here but it is his fault because he turned the laptop over to me and that is when I stopped lurking and started posting and really got more involved. It was much better experience for me to visit BCO anywhere in the house compared to what I call the dungeon.

I have been registered since summer and spent time off and on lurking before I had the guts to post for the first time a couple of months ago. Now I am totally addicted and coming here to BCO is what I look forward to every day. I have now been bouncing around from forum to forum with no real conversations. Sometimes I visit YSC too but BCO suits me more. I guess it is time to settle in here and hope no one kicks me out.

That is enough for now, I will try to catch up although it may take while to read 410 pages of posts and that is just this thread OMG, I may never sleep again, too much to catch up on.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

You can call me Lorene or Newter, whichever you prefer. Newter is nickname for my cat (Helen) that I had to have put to sleep right before I started chemo. The avatar is a picture of my end of treatment present to myself. Her name is Blueberry and her nickname is Blewter. I know, stupid but we had to keep the tradition (I had a Frewter too).
  • b445
    edited April 2007
    Sheri if he wants to go to the private school I say let him. He may just have trouble with the bigger setting & pressures of a public school!. Get a kid in school that is the main goal! I'm glad he's turning things around and starting to do good again.
    A lazy day in the park sounds fabulos! Oops sorry about the spelling!
    OK I need to try to get some things done before I go off to a Red Hat overnighter!
    Hugs & Prayers
  • SheriH
    edited April 2007
    This is Joe with his new hair cut. I tried to get him to smile, but oh, well.
  • SheriH
    edited April 2007

Lorene, glad to have you here. I was like you for awhile, but when this forum opened up I really felt connected. I like the way you refer to your house as the dungeon. That's how I feel about mine sometimes, too.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007

Good Afternoon: Every muscle in my body hurts! I planted 36 flowers today. Still have 54 more to plant but they are saying tomorrow is gonna be nicer than today. The weather has been glorious.

Neulasta: Yep. I had 8 rounds of chemo and had the shot after each one. I was pretty unlucky. The first shot gave me "severe" bone pain. Started in my sternum, went down my back to my hips and pelvis and then down my legs. Its was like a ping, ping, ping! Anyways, after the first one, I figured out when it was gonna kick in and I would start taking Extra strength tylenol the day before. After the first shot, I didnt get any more discomfort from the neulasta.

CY: When Im done with my garden I would love to come help you with yours. The day I plant my flowers is one of the happiest days of the year for me. What kind of flowers do you like? I have marigold, snapdragons and geraniums right now. All different colors!

Denise: You dont get down on your knees!

Lorene: What an absolutely delightful post. I cant tell you how much I laughed. Newter and Blewter. Ahahahahahaha. Blewter is just beautiful. Dont worry about going back to read every post. The subject matter changes here by the minute. The circle is a fun place. We give lots of support, make lasting friendships, and laugh alot too. Oh and Im sitting on my bed with my laptop. Im definitely a boardaholic.

Sheri: OMG he looks like you. I can see it in his eyes and his mouth. Great picture and I really laughed at trying to get him to smile.

OK! I see more have already posted after me. So I will see ya all later.

Nicki

• newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited April 2007

I forgot to respond about the Neulasta, I had the shot 8 times and had a little back ache only after the first time. Not everyone is as lucky I guess, but I really had no problems to speak of with the shot.

• jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Hi Lorene, Welcome to the Circle! You know you don't have to start at the beginning. LOL! That will take a long long time to read. Sometimes if I get behind on posts (some days there are just too many to read), I just start new. I just don't have time to backtrack all the time if I've gotten too far behind.

Sheri, your son is very handsome. I'm also glad that the biopsy for your other son came back b9.
  • SheriH
    edited April 2007

The only thing I remember about the neulasta shot was it always seemed to hurt more than getting the chemo treatment.

• joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited April 2007
    Just chiming in about the Neulasta shot. It made me feel like I had the flu. I had it 7 times,the last time she said I didn't need it.

Joyce