Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Silka
    Silka Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2007
    Robin, I remember those days myself. Shhhhhhhhhh I am not giving up my age am I.
    This is my first time posting here, have several friends that do, old buddies from chat. Have been invited to come in but seem to have been too busy playing pogo, that is almost as addicting as bco.
    You guys seems to have so much fun, I have lost all my tolerance to stay away and here I am.

So, to you "old chatters" I am the former Doris_IN.
    Hugs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    Good afternoon ladies. Nice day out. I have my 2 gs today but I have these 2 alot so it's not really a stretch for me. I miss my little Ethan because he goes to his dads every week-end.

You know that cigarette I wanted sooo BAD last night? I still want it today. lol Yep, I really do. I think it's the added stress I'm under because I should normally be doing so much better by day 17. I won't smoke though. Since little Noelle has her big girl panties on today I'll try and keep mine on. lol

I looked up brain cysts on here. But it didn't give much info. The ones I read about were found accidentally and didn't bother the patient. They didn't even know it was there and nothing was done about it. But my "cyst" isn't the same situation. My dr. was looking for a tumor when he ordered the CT and they found this thing. And it does bother this patient because it affects my vision, whenever I read a post the sentences blur together. I guess the worst way it bothers me is that tightness around my head. I feel like a have a very tight bandage wrapped all the way around from forehead to back of my head. It's squeezing. It's not real painful but it's annoying and scary. I keep running both hands through my hair to get rid of it, but it doent' go away for long. Little dizzy. Once in awhile my fingers will just draw up together. The first night my mouth pulled to the left. But what I read about 'cysts' said they were basically harmless and just little sacs of fluid that didn't cause any harm. Well that's not the way this feels. I really feel like I might be being harmed. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm really not worried...but I will put up a front and act like I'm not as worried as I really am. Because that's just the way I do. I'll make a few little jokes about having something up there after all, and I won't want a bunch of fussin round. Or at least that's how I'll act. lol
    But I'm not going to let it get me down. I am worried, even skeered, but I'm not completely down. I simply won't allow myself. I'll fight off the bad moods, depression because my gosh, things could be so much worse. I'm in kind of a jam here but there's so many sooo much worse off than me. I have to remember that.
    I didn't mean to go off on that little babbling spree. lol I've been trying to post for 3 hours! Dh is home and we've been talking, I have the gs to look after too. All I've done so far in this whole post is talk about myself!! I havent even gotten to anyone else yet. If I miss you it's because I've been trying to post so long that I haven't read you yet. lol

Nicki, thank you for planting flowers for us. I think that's the sweetest thought. Don't let yourself get down because you're worried about me, I'm gonna be fine. Stay happy, I like you happy.

Vickie, I was going to tell you it was Par-Tay time on the Cyber party thread but I figure I've missed out on that. You and I are gonna have the sillies a long time. After all, you're my party buddy.

Jazz, as I said earlier, i still want that cigarette today. I'm not really strong, just hard-headed. hahaha But thanks for cheerleading!

Jankay, thanks for posting the household hints.

Shirley, sorry about your back bothering you. If you keep your nose clean you might get your own blankie some day. hahaha You know, like Mena and me. lol

Susan, thank you for always being there for me. And yes, my little fingers are going very fast on the knitter. It keeps them out of trouble.

Denise, you're too kind with your words.

Cy, I guess you're moved into the inner Circle with Mena and I. Shhhh, if you act real sad they'll all baby you.

Janny & Deb, thanks for the hug. It just so happened I was a hug low.

Joyce, thanks for the prayers.

ZaZ, thank you for the poem about 'real people' it was lovely. I enjoy reading your posts and I'm so glad you've joined us. You seem like such an interesting person.

Hi Jagsfan, I don't think I've met you. Have you just been reading us? Come on in and join us.

Newter, did you ever make it over from the Welcome thread?

Liz, I read that you'd sent me a card. I am sooo sorry. Thank you. You see when someone brings my mail in I just have them lay it in a stack somewhere and I don't even look at it anymore. I used to be so picky about my mail and having everything paid on time and sorted etc. Weeeell, for the past few months I just haven' cared. i just let it pile up and don't even look at it. So now that I know there's a personal card in there I'm going to have to go through it! lol So I wasn't being rude about not saying 'Thank You' I didn't know I had anything. Same if I've gotten one from anybody else. I'm going to start going through my mail again. lol

I'll have to go back through and post again i know. Hello to all that I've missed. Have a pleasant evening.

pals
    cheri
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007

this is jessica's cat shooting star

• Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2007
    Welcome Lorene!
    I just started posting here yesterday.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I love your name. That was also my dear sweet grandmother's name.

Beautiful kitty!
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    wow ladies we are a chatty bunch...
    we have another new lady...welcome Newter!! This is a wonderful place to be with more love and caring than you could possibly imagine. I would be so very lost without all my sisters here.
    Jankay...oh the pictures are beautiful! Wow. I love pictures.
    Silka...welcome...almost missed your post...jump right in and grab a wagon. Make yourself at home. This is my home away from home LOL.
    Cheri...yup...party buddies forever!
    As for the neulasta shot...I HATED HATED HATED it...it made me feel worse than the chemo. Always made me ache and felt like I had the flu. Dreaded it every single time but got it anyway. Just so Gina knows...it's common. They just don't bother to tell you that though.
    I'll be back
    Love
    Vickie
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Hi Silka! Welcome welcome!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007
    Wow this indeed is a great day.

Doris_IN: This is Nickii (nutty nicki nurse) from the chat. I sure do remember you and Im so glad you decided to come and sit by the campfire with us.

Cheri: Of course you are scared. I googled brain cysts to see what I could find out about them. Not all of them are harmless. Your having symptoms so what ever this is, it has to be taken care of. Sad part is, you dont even know what it is yet. You just know something is there. I would be very upset if I had to wait until Wednesday to talk to your doctor. I dont know - Im thinking maybe you shouldn't wait til then. Do you have another doctor you can see. I would go to my surgeon, pcp, or onc at any given time. Just some food for thought.

Jankay: What a beautiful cat. I have 2 myself.

OK - time to sit back, relax, watch a movie, and go to sleep.

To all my old and new friends. Chemosabi says good night. Sending you all a dream cathcer. See ya in the morning.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007
    Vickie, you are such a cry baby. WaaaWaaaaWaaaa lol

I had the Neulasta shot 6 times. The part I hated about it was the fact I had to give it at home. My ins. would only pay for a very small portion if I had it done at the office. I cannot give myself shots but Amber gave them to me (what DIDN'T Amber do?) They always made me nervous cos I was afraid one of us would drop it and it was $3800 here. But I have a great ins. case mngr. and we didn't pay much for it. It didn't make me sick or sore or anything. I'm like Newter, I didn't really have a problem with the shot.

Welcome Loreen, so nice to have you finally posting. Wow, we have alot of new ladies all at once, that's great. Hope you all like to laugh. I'm gonna check out the Cyber Party thread, ya never know what might be going on over there, although it could be nothin, too. Just depends.

Hi ya Liz, go win that car. You feel lucky tonight. lol

pals
    cheri
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Yes, Cheri. I think having those girls slam Gina was actually very good advertising for the Circle! LOL!

• newvickie
    edited April 2007

Hey Cheri...shut up! LOL...I see how it is...pickin on the little sister...back to the duct tape and rope for you!

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007
    Oh my, so many new CG's!!

Hello, Newter, welcome!
    Hello, Silka, welcome to you, also!

Madison, your biopsy will be fine!!!!

Robin, you have too much life left in you. You will be here long after the Evil is gone!

Norma, Hi to you too!!

CY, I did Neulasta one time and I got so sick that the onc wouldn't give it to me again. I got 102 fever and muscle aches at work and had to go home. Thought I would die for sure!

Vickie, I hope your neightbor gets better. That is too scary!

JanKay, what a cute kitty!!!

Nicki, sounds like you got a lot of planting done today!! You are a better woman than me . Drinkin' wine. How about it sister?

DH is waiting for me to come downstairs and watch a movie with him, so I don't have a whole lot of time here.

I know I missed alot of you and I'm sorry. Just know that I love each and every one of you!
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2007
    Welcome Newter,
    Nice to meet you. I'm not here daily but do pop in when I can. This is the nicest bunch of ladies anywhere.So pull a chair up to the fire. Put your feet up and jump right in whenever you please.
    Sue
  • Biker54
    edited April 2007

Uh oh, I see we have to get the duct tape out for Cheri again. Oh geez, I hate that!!

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007
    Hmmm. Nicki, I actually thought I'd call my onc monday morning to see what he said. With my dr out of town it just leaves his Nurse Practioner. He's the only one in this town that's a ppo for me. So it's either wait unitl Wed or call my onc. You're thinking the same way I am because these little cysts they find when they're running a test for something else that has no symptoms with it, is one thing. But with me, the symptoms came first and that's why the CT was done. I'm not sure what a PET scan is, but they've got to be able to do something. It was just a week ago last thurs. night that I had my first little spell with it & then again the next day in the dr office. Now I have them almost constantly. My dr that ordered the ct looking for the tumor that was pressing on some nerves, hasn't even seen the results. He's been out of the office and his NP told me results over the phone. Geez, why me? Not that I'd wish it on anyone else but I'd still like to know why things keep happening to me.

Thanks for checking it out Nickil.
  • newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited April 2007
    Hi everyone. I love the warm welcome.

I am already having a hard time keeping up. A lot different from other threads where your lucky if there is one post to catch up on.

Sheri, I say dungeon because that area of the house just feels creepy. When I come upstairs it is like a whole different world. I also hated it because I could not watch my kids while down there so I did not go much.

Nicki and Always Hope. LOL about catching up on this entire thread especially now that I can barely keep up currently.

Nicki I am glad you laughed at our silly cat names. We have a lot of fun with it.

JF - Lovely cat picture.

PBD777 Welcome yourself. We will be newbies together. Also, did your grandmother spell her name the same as I do?

Cheri - That is interesting about the Neulasta and insurance. I was so happy that the insurance covered me doing it at home because the last thing I wanted to do was shlep out the day after chemo with 2 kids for a shot. My doctor's office said most insurance companies would not cover home injections. I did have to pay a $50.00 copay but it was worth it. I believe insurance would have covered 100% if I would have made the shlep for the in-office shot.

Am I spelling shlep right?

Lorene
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    Dinner is done. Dishes washed. I have been soooo productive today. Impressing myself.

Z, Real People...WOW!!

Welcome jagsfan

Nicki, aint that the truth.

Jankay, I kissed my washer. Is that your mom?

Liz, of course you can go in your jammies. I'll bring the camera and call What Not to Wear.

Vicki, not only am I packing his stuff, I'm washing all his clothes too. Won't he be surprised if he ever comes home to get it. Haven't seen him in days. Hasn't called to check on his dad. I am annoyed with both my boys today. Navy boy hasn't called to tell me if his plane blew up or not. Geez. Kids!!!

Welcome Lorene. No more lurking. Time to jump in with both feet.

Sheri, Joe looks like you. He is very handsome. Your day at the park sounded lovely.

Nicki, don't forget your aspirin.

DORIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O MY GOSH IT'S DORIS!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey there girlfriend...sherloc from chat here....how are you? Didn't I see you last night?

Cheri, go check your mail. My back will be fine. Sleeping in my bed tonight. Man person doesn't need me at his beck and call in the wee hours anymore.

joyce, did I miss an update on Kevin? How is he?

Jas, advertising? hahahhahahahah

jan, enjoy your movie. Whatyawatching?

Cheri can not be duct taped. How will she pour the blue drinks?
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007
    Oh my, welcome all new to our circle. Pull up a wagon and visit.

I'm so sorry I haven't been posting today....time is not on my side (I think that was a song)...anyway hugs to all.

Vickie, I sent you a PM....kinda exciting news...

Madison
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2007
    Silka welcome to you too. Sorry I missed your post. Welcome to anyone else new I missed. Wow so chatty the last couple days I can't keep up! LOL.
    This girl is going to bed. Sweet dreams all,
    Sue
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    baby Derrick...sniff sniff

• sherloc
    edited April 2007

awwwwww he looks so serious.

• Biker54
    edited April 2007
    Oh Vickie,, Too, too cute. What are you gonna do?????

I don't know what movie I'm watching yet. DH is listening to music right now.

Welcome to all our new friends. Just pull up a log and sit by the fire. We are the best bunch of women on the planet!!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2007
    Vickie/Janny, please, not the duct tape and rope again! What if I promise to be good? Yeah, that's the ticket, ok girls I promise to be good. K?

pals
    cheri
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007

He looks so much like Nathaniel...geez. I thinks she's just waiting for me to come get him. She is 28 and just married a man that is 57 (new man...surprise surprise). She's all of 4 and a half foot tall and looks like she's 12...I just have a weird feeling about this new guy. Paranoid probably.

• newvickie
    edited April 2007

I WANNA GO SWIPE HIM AND BRING HIM HOME WITH US...

• sherloc
    edited April 2007
    hmmm Cheri, I found this when I googled brain cysts

Typical symptoms of an arachnoid cyst around the brain include headache, nausea and vomiting, seizures, hearing and visual disturbances, vertigo, and difficulties with balance and walking. Arachnoid cysts around the spinal cord compress the spinal cord or nerve roots and cause symptoms such as progressive back and leg pain and tingling or numbness in the legs or arms.

says treatment is draining the cyst endoscopically.
  • Biker54
    edited April 2007
    No duct tape cheri, I promise!!! Just be a good girl!!!

Vickie, what is up with her?? You should have to pass a test to become a mother. She is not a mother, she is only a baby incubator. Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound harsh? Too bad!! Vicki, take the baby!!!
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2007
    Vickie- What a beautiful baby! It must be bitter-sweet to see him! I would want to scoop him up and bring him home for good...
    No officer...I don't have a baby hidden in my bedroom...whatever gave you that idea???
    I would SO be in jail for kidnapping!

Cheri - I know I am a wussy when it comes to medical things, but hun, if I were having your symptoms I would get to a hospital toot-sweet and I would not leave until I knew exactly what was going on in my head. I'm not trying to be scary, but some of those symptoms DO sound like stroke stuff and I don't think I would wait, even until Monday. I would head to whichever hospital near you has the best ER and I would get checked out. I would bet all you would have to do is mention the stroke-like symptoms, and you would be in the fast lane for some tests and quick results. Once again...I’m a wimp and an impatient wimp at that....

I just got back from town. The kids are still selling relay raffle tickets, but we already have over 800 dollars! I am SO excited they are doing so well. What a great group of kids. They are going to sell again after church tomorrow. At this rate they might hit 1,200 by the end of the weekend…how cool is that??

I didn’t go back and read all the posts, but I see we have lots of new sisters down by the fire. Welcome, welcome welcome! I have fresh coffee and a bottle of baileys down by the fire. The brownies will be out of the oven any minute and I am SO ready to sit a spell. I’ll be back later ladies…

Bugs and Fishes (My version of hugs and kisses…)
    Deb C
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    Evening girls,

It’s been a beautiful day here. Planted some flowers and now I guess I’m headed out to try to win the car. Everyone here seems to think I’m lucky. LOL Here’s a pic of what they’re giving away tonight except it’s white!

Okay so the pic wouldn't resize and it was making the screen too frickin big. Anyway, it's a Pontiac Soltice convertible.

Nicki – I know how much you enjoyed your garden last year. Just think, this year is going to be much better. I hear ya on the hurting!

Cheri – oh sweetie, don’t feel bad about the card. I just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you. I’m with Nicki – might want to call your Onc. and get his input. Go by the hospital and get your films and report and plant your little fanny in his office.

Newter – welcome to the best place in cyber land. These ladies are wonderful.

Silka/Doris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy to see you here. Hope you had a great birthday.
    I’m so glad you joined us.

Sher – my you have been a busy little thing. I have done nothing in the house. I’ll do it tomorrow or Monday or Tuesday – LOL Actually DH is going to go stay with his folks from tomorrow afternoon until Wednesday afternoon. I have all that time to do it. Or not!

Sheri – I’m glad Joe is doing better. He’s a great looking kid. I personally hated high school!

Vickie – what a sweet little thing! He looks just like Nathaniel. Have you actually gone and seen him? Glad you’ve had a relaxing day. I’d call your neighbor’s son. He needs to visit while he can.

Madison – glad to see you post. Congrats to you daughter! What time is your biopsy? Do I need to set my alarm to be ready for the magic carpet? We’ll all be there with you holding your hand. It’s going to be okay.

Jas – oh thank goodness! I really thought that was your car.

Hi Tricia – hope your day is going well.

Jankay – I’ve never seen a picture of shooter I don’t think. He’s a sweetie. I don’t know anything about Georgia but will try to do some research for you. Have you heard from Tink?

Okay as far as Neulasta – HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! Like Nicki and several others, I had the most horrid bone pain. After the first one, I would pre medicate myself before taking the stupid shot. I wanted to give them myself, but my insurance company would cover all but $600.00. If I went to the office, they paid for it in full. So I would drive 45 minutes one way two days in a row. Oh well, it worked and I never had any problems with counts.

Okay kids, I need to change clothes and head out and win my car!!!!!! Hopefully, I can stay awake until the drawing.

Hugs
    Liz
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    Sorry it's so big - I tried to resize it. It won't do it.

Stupid picture. LOL