Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options
1125126127128129131»

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

Charity is super slim so the fringe pants were a good choice. I think all her costumes should have more fullness to give her more oomph on the dance floor. They always want to stick her in little stretch pant stuff! They need to bulk her up with more fabric!

Agree with your comment on Barry and Harry.

Ariana has grown on me. Her partner, Pasha, is looking kinda hot to me! But right now Xochtil seems to be pulling away from the pack. I was hoping Daniella would bring more out of Jason since he’d gotten off to such a good start.

But wait——I have only now learned that Pasha and Daniella are married to each other!!!! I had no idea! And there’s more! Daniella just gave birth to their first child May 30 of this year!!!! Oh, I vaguely remember her pregnancy being mentioned sometime, somewhere but forgot all about it. So it’s all news to me now! Lol

Glad of the elimination. Past time for zat one to go!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    Options

I am sure I posted last week, but don't see it here. Hmmmm?

Anyway, I was glad about who was eliminated & am happy there are more dances that just the judges score. I still think Xochtil is the one to beat. I can't watch tomorrow for the very fun reason that DH & I will be on a 'Christmas in Branson' tour. We don't need anything, so this is our Christmas present to ourselves. Divine, let me know if I need to track down the episode when I get home!

• divinemrsm
    Options

Enjoy Branson, Ruth! I’ve never been there but it should be especially lovely this time of year. I know the entertainment will be phenomenal! We saw a Branson-type show in WV in September and it was absolutely incredible. I enjoyed it more than a few of the big name concerts I’ve been to!

I didn’t post about last week’s DWTS show either; I was busy with Thanksgiving prep but did see the show and dh and ds watched with me which made it more fun. It was a great show and yes, the right contestant was eliminated. Will keep you posted on tomorrow’s dances! Have fun!

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2023
    Options

Oh, Ruuuth! 🎶
    Last night’s show was great. Each couple had to learn two dances. The first round of performances were good, but then everyone really showed up with their A-game for the second round! I loved every single dance. It is worth it to watch the whole show or at least the second half of the show to lead up to see who is eliminated. Try not to peek ahead of time to find out!

• ruthbru
    Options

I was able to watch the last dances from Xochil & Max on from my hotel room, so know the ending. I will go back & watch the rest before next Tuesday. It sounds like they all deserve to be in the finale!

• divinemrsm
    Options

Ruth, I was so shocked and happy with the results!!! I was talking to the tv out loud like, “What!? Whoa!! What!!!??” I really did not want to see anyone go home! I’ve been very impressed by how so many of the contestants have improved over the season!

• ruthbru
    Options

I was yelling at the TV also when there were the two contestants left, "How can you eliminate either of them?????" 😵 (DH, who doesn't watch the show) no doubt thought I was slightly demented!)

• ruthbru
    Options

I am clearing my calendar for tonight!

• divinemrsm
    Options

I’m looking forward to it!!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Well, that was fun!

*I very much enjoyed the beginning where the judges talked us through what they were looking for & had noticed in the previous dances. It was interesting to look at the dances through the eyes of experts.

*Through the redemption dances, I was struck by how much each of the contestants had improved over the season.

*It was lovely to hear how much the pros & contestants really, really cared about each other.

*All the freestyle dances were excellent; but, I have to confess that I rather like a more beautiful, sentimental dance full of feeling…..these were very fun & high energy but certainly didn't move me to tears!

*It was fun to see the old champions in the Santa Claus Dance.

*I felt the right person won.

*Julianne has come along as a co-host, but I didn't like the strange cut of her dress.

*I need to get some of those fringy pants that seem to be a popular wardrobe choice this season!

• divinemrsm
    Options

Predictable results, but I agree, Ruth, it was a very fun show! Haha, the cut of Julianne’s dress was really odd; I love that you mentioned it as I was gonna ask you what you thought. I was like, “Whaaa?? Where is that dress going?” It kinda made her looked deformed from the front and most of her ass showed when she turned around. She did get a bit better at hosting over the season. And the contestants really did improve; that was my favorite thing about the season, how noticeable it was every week. All the redemption dances were great.

I liked the segment where the judges talked about what they looked for, and loved the surprise of seeing former contestants in the Santa dance, too (tho at first I was like, “Hm. Do I really like this song and dance number with Alfonso and Julianne?”)

I didn’t like that Carrie Anne was very petty in her judging of everyone but Xochitl and didn’t care for her blatant favoritism towards her all season. And they kept trying to push some narrative on Val that he was like a dad to Xochitl, but, uh, I don’t really think that was the true vibe…

Some seasons can have disappointing freestyles, but I loved all of them last night. Jason and Daniella’s was my favorite; it’s one I will rewatch. I loved their white shirts, ties and spats, and how at one point Daniella was holding onto Jason’s tie while doing the Lindy Hop. Great, high energy.

If I was placing money on how I thought everyone would place, I would have predicted just what the results were. But in my heart, I would not have minded Jason to win. And Arianna who I never heard of till this show surprised me by being a true contender. To my surprise, I ended up really liking her. Same with Charity; usually The Bachelor contestants annoy me.

P.S. I’m so glad the show was back on ABC!!!

• ruthbru
    Options

I am very glad it is back on ABC too. Yes, I would have been happy with Jason winning also. He was so much fun to watch! I thought maybe Charity should have gotten 3rd. She was excellent technically, but I always thought she was trying too hard. I thought pushing the 'dad' factor was odd. You really don't want to be dancing with your dad, and if you are old enough to be on the show, you should be considered a true partner (which I think she was, so I don't understand why they'd even want that to be avpoint).

• divinemrsm
    edited December 2023
    Options

Having the right partner makes a big difference. Val brings a certain kind of charisma to the dance floor that Pasha, Sasha and Artem don’t. I think if Charity had been paired with Val, she could have won the mirrorball. I’m not sure Xochi’s talents would have been showcased as well with a different professional dance partner. But show producers had enough of Bachelorette contestants winning, and I think they like drawing younger viewers in which Xochi would definitely do. Speaking of which, tho, what I’d really like to know is how they go about pairing the professional to the celebrity!! What kind of formula do they follow, what are the insights and knowledge they use to match couples up? They just leave us in the dark about that!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have often wondered that too. I found this online: The producers go into a room with the casting directors and decide what story lines and pairs will be the most interesting. They also try to find good matches for height, match the teaching style of the pro to the personality of the celebrity. They try to find pairs whose personalities mesh.