Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• shirlr
    shirlr Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2006

All excellent suggestions! I'll think I'll have to go shopping!!! Thanks!

• cgs19
    cgs19 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2006
    Okay ladies.....here's the laugh for today. I've always been a bit reluctant to order any type of vibrator because knowing my luck, it will be delivered and my kids will open the box.

A few months ago my 80 year old mother recommended the Neutrogena facial scrub/polisher. It is a hand held device that you use with cream to exfoliate your skin. Well......after polishing my face, I got an idea (from reading all your posts). How could this thing be any different than the Hitachi, Wabbit, or whatever else. Need I say more.....unbelievable, and you can get it at Target, WalMart, and never have to be afraid of the kids or hubbie seeing it.
  • jaybird627
    jaybird627 Member Posts: 1,227
    edited June 2006
    Cindysue,

But won't they wonder when they see it in bedroom drawer instead of in the bathroom? Anyway, enjoy!

Janis L

::::running out to Super Target to get one::::
  • FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2006
    Definitely a better idea than the electric toothbrush in case you get forgetful or whatever and use it as intended?
  • BethNY
    BethNY Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2008
    Okay, so I've been holding out. I know, I know. Let's just say the new man is a keeper. And I'm not talking about at the zoo (although he does tame p***y)

Just thought I'd share a magic moment I had a few hours ago before he was leaving to go to Italy. We were saying our goodbyes (naked in bed of course) and he totally grabbed and pulled my hair.

First time my hair has been pulled in 2 years. Cancer makes us forgetful, and this was one thing that was great to rediscover.
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008
    Quote:

few months ago my 80 year old mother recommended the Neutrogena facial scrub/polisher. It is a hand held device that you use with cream to exfoliate your skin. Well......after polishing my face, I got an idea (from reading all your posts).

Kind of gives a whole new meaning to 'being in the buff'!
  • hope_m
    hope_m Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2006
    Bumping up for new reader.

Hope M.
  • kyasb
    kyasb Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2006
    So Cindysue, just curious, does it work well on the face too?
  • BethNY
    BethNY Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2008
    not to spill all my sexcapades to you guys, but i just had to say that the last week of my life has been so incredible. The new BF and I were mansion sitting a friends house while they are at the world cup, and it has been like living in a dream.
    from the pool to the dryer to the 8 bathrooms in the house, my sex life went from zero to hero status...
    Not to mention he loves my breasts equally as much as all the other parts of me....
    omg-- when did i ever think this could be my life????
    love to all
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited June 2006

Right on Beth! So glad to cheer you on! Keep it up!

• jaybird627
    edited June 2006
    Beth,

You deserve the happiness so enjoy!

Janis L
  • Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited June 2006
    Beth, you go girl!!! I am jealous!! you so deserve to have great s*x!!!

Jealous in Michigan,

Janis
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited June 2006
    Beth,

Always happy to hear some good news for a change. Of course he loves you and all your parts.

Lini
  • imper
    imper Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2006

Well, this is a new one on me. I'd heard about it, but always thought it was urban legend: the impromptu orgasm! I'd had a particularly good time with my fella this past weekend, and by the time we parted I was particularly sensitized in all the right spots. Well, I'm so sensitized that if my jeans so much as rub the right spot, I'm off! It's insane--I've been having orgasms at the strangest times in the strangest places, with nothing to set them off but the lightest rubbing. It's started dissipating now--will probably be all gone shortly. But, wow, has it been strange.

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2006
    Oh I love it and would like some of the same! Did y'all see the episode of Grey's Anatomy where the patient, a young women, was having spontaneous (unprovoked...no rubbing even!) orgasms at the most inopportune times? It was hysterical!
    BTW Beth....I'd like some of what you're having too! I've been with the same guy for 8 months (awesome sex/boring everything else!), we broke up recently and when I saw him the other night he couldn't get rid of his hard-on (like seriously, it was standing up right in the way of our boring conversation ) we ended up going at it like crazy. Guess its really 'friends with benefits' this time, but I told him I can do w/o the 'friends' and just give me the 'benefits'
  • Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited June 2006
    Why Beth...who'd thunk? I'm so proud...

Been over a year for me ladies...I was reading Beth's story and got excited when I saw "eight bathrooms"...

I'm still seeing that same guy from 15 years ago that I wrote about a couple months ago, but things are moving mighty slowly. My divorce was finally finalized about 2 weeks ago. So let me hear you say AMEN or AWOMEN. Whatever. Just give a shout out. I never thought I'd live through it...

It's great to see you rockin' the joint, Beth!
  • stacey2930
    stacey2930 Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2006

Okay if you want your mojo back then try Wellbutrin! The stuff makes you horny! I have had the best orgasms since starting it a month ago! I am taking Tamoxifen so before I started Wellbutrin my orgasms werent anything to write home about. That has changed since starting Wellbutrin!

• jaybird627
    edited June 2006
    Mena, here's to being FREE!!!!!

I see my onc in about 3 weeks and I'm definitely going to get some of them there libido pills! I'm kinda depressed about my big O being a tiny O so ya think she'll help me out with a prescription? When I was off the Tamox for two months my libido came back and now it's gone, gone, gone, with piddly hard-to-reach O's. Thankfully my young man understands but he definitely noticed a difference and I don't like that at all!

Janis L
  • iamDawn
    iamDawn Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2006
    Must be Mena's got her mojo back, she's got herself a brand spanking new boyfriend!!!! YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW!
    heeeeeheeeeeee
    Love and hugs
    Dawn
  • Mena
    edited July 2006

Yeah and I'm already pissed off at him ahahahaha...xo

• stacey2930
    stacey2930 Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2006

I found the magic pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its Wellbutrin XL! I am taking tamoxifen which affects my sex drive and intensity of orgasm. Girls listen up! I have been on Wellbutrin for one month and sex has never been better. My orgasms are unfreakinbelievable!!!!!!!! I swear for me its equivelent to vigra for men!!

• susan_CNY
    susan_CNY Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2006

hey Mena, make up sex is the best! hugs, you go girl! this is susan_NY

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited July 2006
    Love this place on the boards. Still working on the MOJO. I think when I get the new girls, I will feel much better.

Wellbutrin is really good for the BIG O! I took it years ago. But it started me having hot flashes so bad I had to stop.
  • Mena
    edited July 2006
    OK I'm busted...thanks Dawn. It's the same guy I told you guys about back in March or April. I'd check but I'm too lazy. Someone do it for me hahahah...

It's taken til now to build up to official first base, believe it or not...oh, and I've been called his "girlfriend". His words, not mine.

It's all very unnerving. I've been on my own with my kids for over a year and before that, with no one but my ex for 9 years. I was so giddy Saturday night (after the makeout session) I couldn't sleep til 4 a.m. I had to expend the energy journaling it all down.

As you may have guessed by now, I'm a talker. He's so shy and quiet, he'd make a good mime hahahaha...but it's getting better. He's very sweet. A lot like my late dad.

I will be honest. Our connection is primarily spiritual, and that is really the best thing for me, at this point in my life. In fact, I was so nervous the other night, I was praying as I lay in his arms...

This is freaking huge for me. One of my best friends told me again today, "I knew someone would have to come knocking at your door..." and that's virtually what happened. YAY!

Everybody happy dance with me! And pray for me, too...xo
  • iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited July 2006
    Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!
    Yaaaaaaaa!
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2006

Happy for you, Mena. I read all the posts here, but haven't put anything down yet. I'm really bummed lately. My dh and and I have been going through a pretty dry spell lately. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy in 2 days. The other day we said we'd better do something before the surgery because it will be awhile after. Then what happens--I started my period yesterday! He's not one who likes to go there, so now it will be forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JulieKW
    JulieKW Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2006

I wish I had some of you guys' enthusiasm. My 4 cycles of Cytoxin and Taxotere (done May 31)put me into a chemical menopause that at 47 I had not started yet. I have no libido. I feel like a 6 yr old in that regard. "Don't know about it and don't care!" For my husband's sake I WANT to care. I have an RX for Effexor that is supposed to help reduce my once or twice hourly hot flashes, but according to some it can help libido, others say the reverse. I am also concerned about side effects.

• jaybird627
    edited July 2006
    (((Julie)))

I'm SO sorry! But I know how you feel! For a long time I just went through the motions. I knew I liked my partner and we'd had great sex before BC but WFT??? How come I feel nothing? I figured it was better to try and be frustrated than to not try at all. I'm not married and only see my man once a week so my situation is different but I was married before and to me marriage means giving in when you don't want to AND helping your partner when they need it.

(Ladies, please don't jump on me for that last sentence!)

Well, it took a while but I'm finally feeling things again. I'm not sure if it's the time away from chemo & rads or my not being in chemopause anymore or what but it seems my response has gotten better lately. It's not where it was before BC and I don't think it ever will be as I'm on Tamoxifen for the next 4+ years but it's a heck of a lot better than it was a year ago.

This might upset some here, but I say go ahead and do it anyway. Make sure you have lube and make sure that your husb understands that you need more foreplay and romance and tenderness to feel sexy. If he wants it badly enough he'll help you out.

In still occasionally can't get there but at least we try and he knows that my body has been all f***ed-up from chemo and Tamoxifen and his ego isn't shattered or anything (some guys can be relentless!) so we usually just try again later.

HTH

Janis L
  • JulieKW
    JulieKW Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2006

Thanks Janis..I am with you, I believe there are many things we do for one another in a committed relationship, and not always because we feel like it. My husband is not demanding in any way, he is very supportive, but I believe sex in a greater "need" for guys than for women, and I want to be there for him at least part of the time!

• Abs
    Abs Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2006
    BC Mary: Thanks so much for comment re Wellbutrin/hot flashes. I'm on Effexor XR right now/ 150 mg. & it does seem to be helping with hot flashes, although as many have said here, NO SEX DRIVE and I too WANT MY MOJO BACK. I'm going to ask my primary re taking both @ same time. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks. Ab