Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Options

Comments

• Claiire
    Claiire Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2005
    Options
    What do you do when you start thinking like a man... sex sex sex sex...

The poor guy I am seeing is complaining he isn't getting much sleep when we are together.

He is very understanding about lube etc... I don't even think he knows that sometimes I need it... we just use it because it is fun to play with too!

I think my mojo is out of control! He wanted to go bowling last Thursday night. I had a meeting. The meeting was going to be over very late so bowling wasn't an option. I ran the meeting, got it over by 8:00 and called and asked if he wanted to do anything... He said by the time I got to his place it would be to late for bowling... I said "ok, I can just go home then" that it was up to him... he said "why is it up to me?" then I said "ok, I'm on my way over..." Ladies... it was a pure and simple booty call!

Friday night he came over to play cards with some friends... we didn't sleep at all..

Saturday he had to go to the airport to pick up his roomate... I skipped out on a movie night with the girls to go play monopoly for 4 hours to keep him awake. (his roomate was coming in from Newark, plane delayed for 9 hours) I wanted sex... he said "No sex... He was worn out..." He's also 11 years younger than I am!

I think I am out of control. I don't think I was like this before BC! I know I wasn't like this before BC!
  • Ltb3105
    Ltb3105 Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Holy shit, Claiire, whatever it is you've got, rub some off on ME!!!! I need a good kick in the ass...I am NOT in the mood EVER.

Laura
  • Claiire
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Ladies... never brag about how great your mojo life is... the minute you do... he is tired, doesn't feel well, just wants to watch tv and go to sleep...
  • scorpiox55
    scorpiox55 Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2005
    Options

Well, for me mojo is on the back burner...(big surprise) lol I would just like some sleep! My hubby snores like a bandsaw.....it drives me nutz! JoAnne

• kaymix
    kaymix Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2005
    Options
    QUESTION ABOUT VIGEL GEL:
    Could someone tell me if the use of this gel is considered safe by oncologists for someone who has had ER+ IDC (ER+ with no positive lymph nodes, radiation, no chemo)? I would like to try it. I am taking Arimidex and after 4 months have recently noticed a very alarming drop in my ability to have orgasms! I am 64 and have had a wonderful relationship with my partner of the last six years; I am not willing to give this up! Thanks so much. Kay
  • Claiire
    edited February 2005
    Options

Ok Ladies it is Valentine's Weekend... That artificial holiday for love and lust... lets hear some reports!!!

• hooptiedoo
    hooptiedoo Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2005
    Options

Kay, as far as I know Vigel has no hormones in it, but you can ask your oncologist to make sure. I too had ER+ IDC with no positive lymph nodes, and was having problems with severe vaginal dryness which ended my sex life. I was miserable. My gynecologist and oncologist did a conference call and decided to put me on a very low dose of estrogen cream, taken intravaginally. I don't take the usual dose and use it for three days, then one week off, so I am getting only a very tiny amount of estrogen. But it has helped immensely! My doctor said it was a quality of life issue and I had to make the final decision, but if his wife was in the same position as me and came to him with this problem, he would not hesitate to prescribe the treatment for her.

• Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Hi Kay...Vigel is for everyone, there are no hormonal contraindications...It's a non-prescription gel (not lubricant, remember) that you apply directly to your clitoral area. It contains L-Arginine, an amino acid, which increases feminine arousal by promoting clitoral sensitivity....it enhances libido and stimulates orgasmic pleasure....The L-Arginine causes the production of Nitric Oxide, which in turn improves sensitivity as well as frequency of orgasm.

Vigel is for all women....those with loss of desire or who want to be multi-orgasmic (someday)...You can go to www.Vigelusa.com for more info.

It doesn't work for everyone, but I like it...I start using it about 10 minutes before "the big show"...

For lubrication, I use KY Warming Liquid and Replens...

For fun, I have the Hitachi Magic Wand, which NEVER disappoints...

OK buddies, my birthday is actually on Valentine's Day and my husband has some secret plans...taking me somewhere (?) Sunday - Monday; has plans for the kids and all.....hmmmmmm. This should be interesting to say the least. We've never gone anywhere alone! I hope to have something really cool to post after the weekend hahahaha.

Allright, I still have this extra, never-opened Vigel if anyone wants to try it...just pm me...(I keep it in stock for those of you who want it but can't find it or are too embarassed to ask...obviously I have no pride hahahaha).

Happy Valentine's Day....Let your Love Shine!
  • richmondnan
    richmondnan Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Mena!
    so glad your husband thought of the trip away. I highly recommend the getaway as a mojo enhancer!
    Hoping you have a very loving, fun, and mojo-filled Valentine's Day & Birthday!
    Nan
  • Carol2156
    Carol2156 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2005
    Options
    OK - I have my MOJO but wish my husband did. I think my he has come near me only 3 times since diagnosis last July. Twice before treatment (after surgery) and once about a month ago. (not that I'm keeping track!) He claims "things" for him don't work the same anymore - before dx our sex life was not very active either but it's hard not to feel that if I didn't have scars on my breast, lost weight, had some more hair on my head etc. that things might be different. Anyway when I hint to him there other activities we can do it doesn't seem to sink in. He is otherwise a caring, hard working man who came with me to every chemo, cleaned, cooked, and shopped for us during this whole ordeal. He is 53. I realize I can't have everything but once a month would even be nice!!

Sorry to whine...Guess its time for me to shop for some of those magic wands!

• richmondnan
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Carol,
    I'm wondering if maybe your husband might need to consult w/ his dr? Sometimes at this age there are hormonal shifts for men too, that can affect libido.
    I'm a big proponent of "sexy lingerie" to jumpstart things..guys are so visual.
    Hoping you can get both of your clicking along!
    Nan
  • Carol2156
    Carol2156 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2005
    Options
    He is under a doctor's care. He gave him a testosterone wipe to use everyday to help his libido. Also those little blue pills! They are checking everything out! I am working on convincing him there are lots of other ways to be intimate than that! He was never an overly sexual person but I find it ironic that everyone here complains how much their husbands want it and here its just the opposite!!

He has a stressful job that he is retiring from in May so that may help too! There are still more things to try and we will!

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • richmondnan
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Carol...
    Hoping things work themselves out for you both soon...you might find in a few months that your can't keep up when it all kicks in! A nice "problem" to anticipate!
    Nan
  • Mena
    edited February 2005
    Options

Bumping us up for a friend on Valentine's Day.....

• SpanArtist
    SpanArtist Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    Forgive me if I've already told you about this (can't remember if I did or not...chemo brain!), but I'm on a fairly new anti-depressant with no sexual side efects and it helps me. Here's the web site...it has a section for health care professionals too, in case you want to show it to your doc:
    http://www.cymbalta.com/index.jsp

Hope the info's helpful.
    Hugs, Liza
  • Suka
    Suka Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2005
    Options

Wow.............this is the first time I have read all about this MOJO stuff.....you guys are a hoot....I just ordered the catalog! I have a question that I did not see brought up here unless I missed it. My main avenue to orgasm was through my nipples and now I have none......has anyone else decided this is a problem? My hubby and I were both big into the breast part of sex and now we are kinda lost and in mourning. He is cool with it but I am not......sure miss those damn nipples! I loved reading this thread...made me realize how wonderful it can be when people really share the real stuff. Thanks ladies!

• Claiire
    edited February 2005
    Options

What about neck and earlobes? I can have as much of an O from those as I can my nipples.

• bethd
    bethd Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2005
    Options

Hey gals. Lots of great tips here! I should have been here months ago. Thank goodness hubby is patient. I wondered about using estring. I am ER+ but had a kinda later stage diagnosis (but not met). I'm on Arimidex and Zoladex so wondered if those would interfere with estring. Any estring experts out there?

• Mena
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Hi Beth....thanks for dropping in....I've got mets, am ER+, on Femara (menopausal via Zoladex, not nature) and cannot have any hormone in any form right now. Both my onc and ob/gyn gave me resounding NO WAYS when I asked about the estring. A lot of women who are ER+ can use testosterone cream to jumpstart their libidos, but my docs ruled against this also.

Before you do anything, call your oncologist...seriously, you don't want to mess with an estrogen receptor positive cancer without talking to the experts first.

I hope the mojo crowd gets back to you with their experiences. Personally, I'd have a long talk with my onc and ob/gyn...

Good luck....xo
  • richmondnan
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Hey Mena,
    How was the Valentine's getaway?
    And, Happy Birthday!!!
    Don't hold out on us...reports please!!!!!!
    Nan
  • Mena
    edited February 2005
    Options

Hi girls...just bumping us up for a friend...will report on my weekend in a bit...

• Kathy_Verett
    Kathy_Verett Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Carol, I am glad your husband is under a doctor's care. My DH has had a fair amount of prostate probs. that hinder us sometimes. It seems to help us to talk about it well in advance and plan ahead of time. That is part of the excitement, too, just thinking about it. If the doctor doesn't connect with your issues, don't hesitate to get another doctor. My poor husband went several years with a wrong diagnosis; we changed doctors and things are better. I think as we heal emotionally, we will be more responsive and "normal" whatever that is anymore.

God bless your day!
    Kathy
  • seatreez
    seatreez Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Mena, ladies, this thread is pure genius! I posted a question on post-mastectomy sex the other day, not having reading this whole thread. I just sat and read through all nine pages and I am laughing and have a whole page of notes and websites and toys! I'm in my 50's and am surely game to experiment. I'll let you know. Thanks everybody!!!!

-Karen
  • Ltb3105
    Ltb3105 Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Ahem, uh, um....coughs....smiles sheepishly....

Just wanted to let everyone know that hubby and I got it on in our jacuzzi bathtub this morning...totally spontaneous, he was sitting there nursing an aching back and told me to join in, as I was about to hop in the shower.

So much for relieving some aches!!!!!!!!!!

Laura
  • Claiire
    edited February 2005
    Options

oOoOooooOOOo Lucky Laura!!

That is one of my favorite places!!

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited February 2005
    Options

i have not had much interest in sex since bc-and i didnt do chemo or lose my breast etc-has any one else had this happen? i cant blame my non existent sex drive on drugs or chemo and the tiny scar i had wasnt even noticed by any one who has seen me naked-maybe its psychological -i dont know.........

• iamwoman
    iamwoman Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Just wanted to bump this up!! I haven't had a chance to participate in the conversations here..but have THOUROUGHLY enjoyed reading them!!
    GO GIRLS!!!
  • Sphynx
    Sphynx Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Here is a mojo joke to bump this back to the top...

A husband walks into Victoria's Secret to purchase some sheer lingerie for his wife. He is shown several possibilities that range from $250 to $500 in price, the more sheer, the higher the price. He opts for the most sheer item, pays the $500 and takes the lingerie home. He presents it to his wife and asks her to go upstairs, put it on and model it for him.

Upstairs, the wife thinks, "I have an idea. It's so sheer that it might as well be nothing. I won't put it on, do the modeling naked, return it tomorrow and keep the $500 refund for myself." So she appears naked on the balcony and strikes a pose.

The husband says, "Good Lord! You'd think that for $500, they'd at least iron it!"

He never heard the shot.
    Funeral on Thursday.
  • girliiyes
    girliiyes Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2005
    Options
    I this is my first post as a newbie to this board. I am a breast cancer survior of 13 years with nor recurrence. You are absloutely right, it does take time. It took me 5 years to overcome the horrid fear. I became more comforatble with my body at which time everything else fell into place.
  • girliiyes
    girliiyes Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2005
    Options

THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!!!!! THANKS FOR THE CHEER!!!!!!!!!!