Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Im bitchy, I moan, I groan.....anyway.

Options

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited January 2012
    Options

Kathleen I had to do that when I had an angiogram. They literally held the hole closed with a wood clamp! A nurse was at my side for 30 minutes without leaving for a second as it could bleed out. I don`t remember getting a lifting restriction...hmm..... What a bloody invasive procedure to not even do something with!!! Duh!!! I feel your pissed-off-ish-ness.

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited January 2012
    Options

Barbe ... thanks, I AM pissed off.  I don't know what they used to close mine - they just said a plug which melts away in 3 months ... I should have told them to put a zipper in as they would be going in again soon!

• kmccraw423
    edited January 2012
    Options

I  am back!  Now I have a dry cough that when I lay down to sleep becomes worse.  And everytine I cough I shed a few drops of urine - wonderful!  I am wearing a depends so no worries.  I am sick of being old!  It seems that once out of any hospital stay I develop all kinds of $hit!.  Sorry for my language but this is getting old fast.  I'm going to call my doc tomorrow and discuss this, some crap they found on a lung, and why they didn't do anything during the vascular procedure.

I'm just venting - don't mind me.

• barbe1958
    edited January 2012
    Options

Kathleen, I am just NOW almost, almost finished the friggin' cough I picked up in the ER. Then I had my pre-op for my surgery on Monday and now I have diahrea!! If I have c-diff I will FLIP!!!!!!!!! 3 hours of testing and consultation for the pre-op leaves one very exposed. I didn't touch a thing - no door handle, no chair arm, etc. I am VERY concious of that when I'm in a hospital environment.

I must go look up c-diff now. I've been constipated due to narcotics and take laxatives and stool softeners twice a day for a year now. Why would I all of a sudden have diahrea????

That's my vent.....NEXT!!

• kmccraw423
    edited January 2012
    Options

Barbe ... I pray you don't have c-diff.  Hospitals are the worse places to go with a damaged immune system!  I had it many years ago when it was very difficult to diagnose.  I spent 8 days in the hospital praying I wouldn't pick uo any new infections!  What surgery are you having?

• barbe1958
    edited January 2012
    Options

I have another tumour on what is left of my thyroid so I am getting that all out. He will check the parathyroid gland as well. A biopsy didn't show cancer, but I really think it depends on where they take the sample, don't you? Of course they will biopsy the tumour, once removed. He warned me that it may affect my voice permanently as he will be really digging around. Last time I had the right half out, I spent 3 days in the ICU!!

This time I WILL be put on thyroid meds so maybe then I'll be able to lose weight!! Hurray!!!!

I read that c-diff is after an antibiotic use and I haven't had any lately, so maybe I just have something else going on...sigh.

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    edited January 2012
    Options

Barbe, I had cdiff from the antibiotic I had to take after my post lumpectomy infection two years ago.  It was no fun, to say the least!  I literally had to go to the bathroom every half hour.  I had to insist on testing for it, my GP didn't think it was cdiff, I'm glad that I was persistent.  Good luck with your surgery.

Kathleen, I hop that you get the answers you are looking for.  ((hugs))

• pixelsupply
    pixelsupply Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2012
    Options

Barbe,

aaaaaargh! WTF...FC! I hope the surgery goes well and you are out of there! Hated the stool softener sh$%$% I had to take....ugh!

Kathleen,

I can't believe they yelled at you! I would have given them an earful if they did that to me...but then again,they are holding all the sharp objects! I hope you get the drugs! 

• kmccraw423
    edited January 2012
    Options

Barbe ... I can't believe another surgery ... I hate to say it  but the same thing happened to my cat!  Not that I would ever compare you to a cat!  (Although in my book that would be the highest compliment).  I am praying for you, for your surgery and your swift recovery.  I am so glad you don't have c-diff.

Pixel ... I had procedural sedation and didn't have the strength to talk.  Otherwise I would have - what?  Asked him if he toughgt I was doing this on purpose so he can't take the pictures?  However, he is a surgeon and like all surgeons skipped "bedside manner 101."  At least he left hardly a mark and no brusing and I healed well.

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi,

I've read thru about 10 pages of pissin' and moaning....and my heart is with all of you and the S*** you're going through.  Sometimes it get better and then the bottom drops out again doesn't it?  Cancer is such a life changing event...and not for the better.  Everyone else is 'over' my cancer and all its neediness, but I'm not.  Yet.  Hopefully someday soon!!! 

Some of you may remember I posted 3 neat things that happened in one week...I got a new job, I reconnected with an old boyfriend..and I forget the 3rd one...but the old boyfriend ended up having pre-alzheimers, whoa!!   I stayed at the new job for 3 months....I quit because I was working 50+ hours a week and it was just too much for me...but I had $ in the bank!!  :)  And since I had a 'boyfriend' for a couple of months...it made me shave my legs, hahahahaha.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here is because I need to know if anyone has tried cymbalta?  I'm 3 weeks on it and not doing well.  I see so many familiar names still here, I feel like I can come ask my 'friends' for help.   

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012
    Options

My only experience with Cymbalta involved adding it and Nerotin to my regimen of pills and one or both made my stomach really queasy so I quit both.  I mean queasy to the point of vomiting and I was still working so I would have to make a mad dash to the restroom (not much notice!).

• BelaT
    BelaT Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2012
    Options

I ahve glanced thro' this and so happy lot of us feel pissed. I am told to br brave and fight and its the common cancer and blah blah blah 

yes no hair , young daughter and crappp I hate this I hate cancer

why people dont get it word cancer scares the crap out of me.

&*tears*

Bela 

• Pegs
    Pegs Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2012
    Options

Ahhhh, I feel so much better...you said it all for me.  thanks!!  it will be 2 years since i started this bs, and i am tired all the time, if i go shopping its maybe 2 stores and i am done, i hate taking so many pills they constipate me (sorry), i can't sleep even with a sleeping pill , hot flashes keep waking me up.  thought I'd add a few things lol

peggy

• BelaT
    edited February 2012
    Options

Dear Barbe1958.

I have had cdiff twicw and thats why I am afraid of surgery too. 

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012
    Options

It was in December 2008 that I had a bilateral mastectomy and it hit me all over again that I don't have breasts.  I know I'm slow but it periodically comes out of nowhere that I had cancer (hate that word) and now I have no breasts!  Besides the fact that I am 65 years old, I really don't think Playboy is going to call!

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options

HAHA Kathleen!!! I lost my breasts in December 2008 too and every once in a while I get a "wake up" call that rips through me....I had cancer!!! I have NO breasts to prove it!! I know exactly what you mean.

Survived the short hospital stay without infection BUT did get a HORRID "flu" after the symptoms I mentioned earlier. Spent 2 days in the ER getting x-rays, IV fluids and meds, then ultrasound and CT scan!! I was SO sick!!! Got better just in time to go in for surgery!

Ruth, I am on Cymbalta. It works okay. Not mind blowing. What are you taking it for though? I take it for Fibromyalgia. I take a prescription for my stomach anyway (Prilosec) so that may help me. I was on 2 pills a day (the most you can take) and developed a long QT syndrome in my heart!! I had to cut the Cymbalta (and Seroquel) in half. I did find out that Prilosec and other PPI's can AID in getting c-diff!!! Who would have thunk it that so many of our meds are causing OTHER problems!!! ArrrrrgggghhhHH!!!

• tnbcRuth
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'm taking Cymbalta for chronic low back pain (6 years +back surgery).  Plus the chemo left me with the bottoms of my feet sooooo tender/aching ankles and knees/toes feeling like they are going to explode and my toenails pop off.  Fun, huh?  I have been on Zoloft for like 15 years and now am off it since the Cymbalta replaces that.  Good because I can have a glass of wine now and again without feeling poisoned (zoloft side effect).  I think I needed to keep on the 60 mg because I feel so much better than when I sent out the SOS on Saturday....I probably have fibromyalgia but don't want the diagnosis....I keep thinking that one day I'll feel better.  I try and keep all my meds to a bare minimum because I"m so reactive.  I"m only getting about 6.5 hrs sleep instead of my usual 8.5...but I"m still always tired....damn chemo.  Barb, I don't know how you do it!!!!!  I think of you often because you have somehow kept your wonderful sense of humor after all the S*** you've been thru.  More like Barb, less like me...more like Barb, less like me...(I'm just a pisser and a moaner~

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012
    Options

Pssing and moaning are good for the soul - now, if someone would just listen!  I agree, Barbe is an amazing woman - I just love her and her sense of humor.  I know what you mean about your health.  If its not one thing its another.  In the past three years I have spent more time in the hospital than I have for my whole life.  I, too, am on Zoloft.  I have had wine before (very rarely) and did not notice any side effects - what are they?

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options

Embarassed gee thanks.....

Ruth, if you do have Fibromyalgia, you need to sleep MORE!! When I'm in a flare, I have to sleep 16-18 hours a day without fail. If I don't, I am into a wheelchair. I kid you not!! I am out of a flare now, and am back down to 10-12 hours a night/nap.

I was taking 2 Cymbalta, but like I said, it began to affect my heart (along with another drug).

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited February 2012
    Options

Lymphedema and celluitis - SUCK.   Just sayin'

Trish

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lymphedema..........................know what that is, and its not fun................but then again............................cancer isn't fun, and it keeps on giving......................Yell
  • BelaT
    edited February 2012
    Options

barbe1958    really?. Prilosec can aid cdiff? how about nexium?

Thanks

Bela 

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2012
    Options

This thread is great....my turn to bitch!  I went through 2 failed marriages and spent 12 years alone raising my 2 girls because I refused to "settle" again.  In 2010 I reconnected with a wonderful man I dated in high school 27 years ago.  We dated, moved in together, and on May 14, 2011 we got married. My avatar is on our honeymoon.  I had never been happier in my entire life!  I know without a doubt that I made the right choice.  So 5 months into newlywed bliss.....BAM...you have BC!  OMG!  I am so f'ing pissed not only about the damn cancer but because as a reult of it, I am spending my first year of marriage to the most wonderful man being sick!  He deserves better and I hate it!!  He is so wonderful and takes care of me and I know this is only bringing us closer, but give me an F'ing break!  I have been through 2 surgeries and am now in the middle of chemo.  Sex has gone out the window....hot flashes from chemopause and I can't stay awake for it anyway. 

Yesterday my DH told me that on our anniversary this year we will have a party and start our newlywed year over.  God I love that man.....and I hate cancer, it sucks!

• BelaT
    edited February 2012
    Options

Kelly,

I don't blame you for at all for being B..Y at all. Have a party and start over. Enjoy your life. atleast you know he is for real!!!!!!

Love chemppause.. LOL

Bela 

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497
    edited February 2012
    Options

kelloggs-he's a keeper!!!!!!

• tnbcRuth
    edited February 2012
    Options

Barb- so you're saying if I'm not passed out in bed for hours on end, I might not have fibromyalgia?  That would be nice!!  The cymbalta gives me insomnia but hopefully this side effect will lessen.  With zoloft I would get a nasty headache after a couple of sips of any alcoholic drink....yes, I know, I was the life of the party!  not.

Kelly- at least you're not doing all this cancer S*** alone like a lof of us did...but it still sucks to include him in the misery (and apparent lack of sex!!)

I will also join in in hating of lymphedema and chemopause. 

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2012
    Options

tnbcRuth - believe me I thank my lucky stars every day for him.  My heart goes out to all of you ladies who have to do it alone.  I could easily have been one of you....was alone for 12 years.  We gain strength from each other!  Cancer sucks!

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ruth, the only "cure" (help during a flare) for Fibromyalgia is sleeping!!! That's when our bodies can heal. Also the narcotics I was on were pretty heavy...so that could have been part of it!! Laughing
  • o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited February 2012
    Options

My gripe...Yesterday I went to see my onc for my quarterly appointment here is what I was told:

Regarding complaining about the $3,000 echo I had for f/u on chemo that ended 2 yrs ago...'well, had you met your deductible yet?'   WTH does that have to do with an over priced, routine exam that HER office scheduled at a new facility after my old cardiac center closed, who by the way only charged $300 for the same damn exam!!! I ASKED SPECIFICLY how much it would cost at the new place and was told $800 -1,000...imagine my surprise when the scheduler said, 'I had no idea it would be that much!'...he didn't even ask the facility, he had 'guessed'!

Regarding the imaging place cancelling my MRI (due to 'slight' reaction to contrast in the past) that SHE ordered at my visit last September...'well you really don't need MRI's or mammo's anymore, you have less then 10% breast tissue remaining anyway...'

To which I responded - 'So since I had no symptoms with my first TWO cancers, I guess I'll have to be close to deaths doors before I get any scans?'  and she responded...'if the cancer spreads it does not matter how quickly it is found, your life expectancy is the same...Finding it early just means you will start treatment sooner...'

The only good part of the whole appointment is I that I am now on a 6 month rotation instead of quarterly! 

If I wasn't working two jobs to try to pay the damn medical bills and feed my family, I would be shopping for a new oncololgist.  Unfortunately the closest place to start looking for a new oncologist is over 100 miles away...

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012
    Options

Here's my gripe in sort of a similar situation.  I was charged close to $1,800 for dopplar of my lower extremities - they had me wait one hour past my appointment time and spent 20 minutes doing the test!  I am interested to see what Medicare allows for the procedure.  As a follow-up I went in for what I thought was a vascular procedure to correct some blocked arteries in my legs and wound up with a "mapping" of the blocked arteries - nothing was actually done.  The procedure was done on January 17th.  I had an appointment with the cardiologist on February 9th.  He had no record of the results ... not on their medical files and not on the hospital's medical records!  He said someone was going to walk over to the Hospital and get a "hand-written" copy.  WTF. He was supposed to call me on Monday.  I called on Tuesday and left a message.  No response.  I called Thursday morning and was told he was in the office, the report was in the files, and left another message.  To date, have heard absolutely nothing.  I am so angry I could spit.  I have had problems with my legs (walking any, ANY distance causes pain).  I thought the problem was going to be fixed January 17th.  I am going to arrange with the hospital to pick up a CD of the test results and will go over to Loudoun County, VA to my sister's hospital to have a consult and perhaps finally fix the problem.