Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Im bitchy, I moan, I groan.....anyway.

Options

Comments

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited February 2012
    Options

(((Kathleen)))  - sometimes I think dealing with the doctors apathy, redundant medical exams,  lack of acknowledgment of SE's and the outrageous expense is so much worse the fighting the disease...if cancer doesn't kill me, all the other BS that comes with it just might!  I hope you get answers soon!

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited February 2012
    Options

Michelle ... I wish you the same.  I swear, when I worked, if I had done my job the way these so-called medical professionals do I would have been unemployed!

• sueper13
    sueper13 Member Posts: 360
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, I've been lurking and not posting, but I wanted to share some news--I had scans last week, and got the results today--no evidence of metastatic disease in the chest, abdomen or bones..the BEST possible news!!!    Also have discovered the new love of my life--my grandson Nolan.nolan
  • Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509
    edited February 2012
    Options

sueper13, Congratulations on the fantastic news about the scans, but even more congratulations on your beautiful grandson.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2016
    Options

The last year has been rough. I know I'm sensitive about a number of things, but how do the following strike you as a fellow been there, done that in terms of BC?

"wow, if I feel this way about my dog being sick or possibly dying, how am I gonna handle I when it comes to you or my parents?"

"I tell people all the time, you are my example to them. They have life so easy and here you are doing treatments for BC, keeping house, raising a family and going to school. They don't know how good they've got it."

Their pet was put down today. No testing to see what the problem was. But the cost of the procedure was mentioned and how they had just bought and opened some specialty food for it this weekend. Knowing people handle grief in different ways, I just don't know what to say, but it sure hit me the wrong way.

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    edited February 2012
    Options

Sueper13, Great news.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited February 2012
    Options

Sue, LOVE the pic of your grandson!!! I have THREE new grandsons, 2 are 18 months and the third turns 1 next month!!!!! They are a BLAST!! I love watching them discover the world around them. Everything goes into their mouth first to be tested as possible food-stuff....too funny!!! I also love that they know when to laugh!! They have a sense of humour very early on and I wonder how they know what is funny or not, but they hit it bang on! Their laughing just brings life to my soul. I feel guilty that they have given me SO much and I have only my love to give back...

Marj, put it down to some people love their pets more than they love their friends and family. I think they like the control they have over their pets....I'm just sayin'.

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options

That's the baby, George.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited February 2012
    Options

Absolutely adorable, Barbe!!!

• mebmarj
    edited February 2012
    Options

Those two little ones just brighten the day.  Thanks sueper13 and barbe.

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited February 2012
    Options

Cuteness!!!

• ptdreamers
    edited February 2012
    Options

Whay cuties you all have posted. Mine are in their teens and have blue, red or green hair depending on their mood.

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options

My son is turning 31 in March!!! How did HE get so OLD??????

I can't wait until my hair is all white so I can put in streaks of blue, red or green!! Woo hoo!!!

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303
    edited February 2012
    Options

barbe and ptdreamer - I know what you mean...my girls are 18 and 24 and the oldest went through a phase when she had blue hair and a lip ring! UGH.....sometimes I wonder how I every survived being a single mother!

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012
    Options

Those babies are too cute!

• sueper13
    edited February 2012
    Options

K-lo! Awhile back you asked me to show you some quilts.....believe it or not it has taken me this long to get organized to do that.  I got a new laptop for Christmas and for a few weeks it was really difficult--the older I get. the less I like change.  The first one is a quilt I am making for my husband.  He's a pilot.  The quilt block I found in a book it is from the 1930s.  I did it in black white and grey except for the red airplanes and the whole back is red flannel as will be the binding around the quilt when I finish it.  This is the one I am working on right now.

This one I am doing for my sister....I quilted 1/4 of it, she is doing the rest.

This is the one I made for grandboy Nolan, with the second pic a close-up of one of the applique/embroidered animals (its a penguin if you can't tell)

Thar's you some quilts, K-Lo!

Hope everyone has a great night.  I see my onc tomorrow to see how much more Xeloda I have to take.    I can't decide what I want her to say....

Sue

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012
    Options

Sue ... those quilts are absolutely stunning!

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options

hmmm, don't know why this thread just now popped up with "new"... I missed Sue's quilts! They are VERY imaginative and colourful and I LOVE them all!!!! Well done, girlfriend!!

• ptdreamers
    edited February 2012
    Options

Very nice quilts.

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2012
    Options

so before I rant and complain and feel sorry for myself..

the babies are so sweet! quilts are beautiful (I am partial to 1930s designs, fabrics & color/patterns)

So 5 yrs ago, as I was beginning to get close to the empty nest thing (and enjoying the time) I was dxed w stage 4 bc! So unexpected, lots of stuff crammed in to the next 3-4 weeks my head was ready to explode. So after about 3 yrs I felt as though I'd gotten to a point where I had a handle on my life and wasn't going to drop dead the next day. Big sigh of relief right? nooooo my un-dh announced that he'd been having a long term affair, we were done but did not need a divorce and lots of other crazy stuff. Great, my head was back to spinning and exploding. Now its 2 yrs later and I am feeling like things are sort of under control, I am over the worst and scans are showing things are stable ..... and yup my head is spinning again. The scans picked up a syrinx cyst - a cyst in the spinal cord, which as it grows in diameter will cause nerve damage, lost of feeling in hands and feet, problems walking, pain, loss of bladder and bowel control and I am not sure what else. Drugs do not help, possible surgery is shunt or stent (maybe) but not always possible.  So now I am off to find a neurosurgeon or neurologist who knows what this is... it is considered a rare disease. WHAT?! WHY?! Yell 

• barbe1958
    edited February 2012
    Options

Elaine, sweetie, you seemed to have drawn the short end of the stick for life!!! Must mean you'll get the long end next time. Hugz to you sweetie!!!

• mebmarj
    edited February 2012
    Options

EWB-

Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

Hope you find a good, no scratch that, GREAT neuro-person who can offer some solutions.

• ptdreamers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Maybe the puppy has a point.
  • duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2012
    Options

And they call us the more intelligent species.....................hahahahahahahhaha

• sueper13
    edited March 2012
    Options

EWB

Prayers for you.

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012
    Options

The sentiments that dog expresses says it all!

Well, I went to my GP today.  She does have a copy of the vascular "mapping" they did on my legs and gave me a copy.She said it shows blockages.  Duh!  If you all recall, the cardiovascular surgeon did only mapping and nothing to remove the blockages.  My GP gave me the name of a vascular surgeon who I am seeing next Friday.  She also asked me if I was exercising along with my diet.  I said when they unblock my legs so that I am not in constant pain when standing, walking, etc.  I will be happy to exercise!  I've lost almost 40 pounds (it feels like a drop in the bucket!) and hope to lose another 30.

Maybe we can finally get this show on the road and start improving my health.

• barbe1958
    edited March 2012
    Options
    How did you lose 30 pounds!!! That's half of what I want to lose!!!!! Tell me!!
  • Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited March 2012
    Options
    yes, how did you lose 30lbs?  inquiring minds want to know!  Cool
  • kmccraw423
    edited March 2012
    Options

I finally got the connection between what I put in my mouth and the reaction my body has -- i.e., higher blood sugar.  I am  a bit slow but finally got it!  My blood sugar, fasting, is running under 100 - this morning it was 79 which is a little low.  I had blood drawn last Thursday, waiting for doctor to call about my A1C (blood sugar).  I lost 40 pounds (still going on to lose an additional 30) by good old fashioned will power and a lot of sugar-free gum!  Every day is a struggle.  I sympathize with anyone trying to lose weight!  I keep mentally reminding myself - food is NOT you friend, food will not solve any problem, comstant grazing is for cow and if I don't want to look like one stop eating everything in sight.  I continuously remind myself that food is a choice.  I am not dieting, just making a choice.  I can rationalize anything!

Good luck!